The Corroboree
Chiral

Designer drug billed as " cross between cocaine and ecstasy" hit online

SOURCE

Melbourne, November 15 : A new drug called Mephedrone or MM-Cat, which is said to be "a cross between cocaine and ecstasy," is being sold through the web, it has emerged.

The authorities fighting narcotics are stressed that the use of the drug, being promoted through communities and groups on social networking sites like Facebook, can rapidly spread among students.

NSW Police has said that they are "aware of mephedrone" and are trying to curb its use, insisting that it is a derivative of methcathinone.

However, there is difference of opinion over its legality among users and experts, including the federal health department.

The drug is officially banned in Norway, Finland, Denmark, Israel and Sweden.

But in Britain, which is the main exporter of the drug, it is still legal.

"Dealers often advertise this drug as being like ecstasy but its properties are much more similar to cocaine and amphetamines," News.com.au quoted Professor Iain McGregor, director of Sydney University's Psychopharmacology Laboratory, as saying.

He added: "Users get feelings of euphoria, it's dancey, it's happy, a bit trippy.

"Unfortunately for people like myself who are here to tell people drugs are bad, there doesn't appear to be a whole lot that is bad about it."

The drug derived from the khat plant is priced at 6300 dollars for 1000g and is available at 40 different international websites, most of which are based in the UK.

"Unfortunately for people like myself who are here to tell people drugs are bad, there doesn't appear to be a whole lot that is bad about it."

That's a very interesting statement to read.

Especially when this stuff is more Dangerous than MDMA and most the other "traditionals"..

That's a very interesting statement to read.

Especially when this stuff is more Dangerous than MDMA and most the other "traditionals"..

i dont know specifically about this one but cathinone analogs are apparently well thought of by some. but many people seem to overuse stimulants then claim side effects.how many people restricted their mdm use to less than 150mg per 4 weeks?

t s t .

Actually this is a funny statement..

Any first hand accounts (for those where human comsumption is legal)? I've never heard of it until spotting it in the news the other day.

SWIM acquired and went through 4 grams of this stuff from a friend of his a few months back. He can say with complete honesty, unless you have super powerful self control, don't touch it. It is addictive as shit. It feels bloody amazing but it is incredibly morish. SWIM and a couple of his friend's binged on it all day and the comedown was horrible. Bizarre disturbing hallucinations and feeling like complete shit. SWIM's heart still feels a bit strange even a few months after the experience. The stuff makes one's heart rate raise quite significantly and who knows, it's possible it could do some permananent damage. SWIM is worried about this but it could just be all in his head.

I think if someone has the willpower to only dose on it once and just force themselves through the comedown, it wouldn't be such a bad thing. SWIM did that the first night he got it and was fine - just found it harder to sleep. As soon as he binged on it though, that's when it went wrong.

Edited by Adrian Psy

i dont know specifically about this one but cathinone analogs are apparently well thought of by some. but many people seem to overuse stimulants then claim side effects.how many people restricted their mdm use to less than 150mg per 4 weeks?

t s t .

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/4_methylme...e_health1.shtml + massive binging potential.

That aside, it is frikken nice.

Wiccan_Seeker from shroomery said in a post, because of its family structure its potentially neurotoxic. And he knows his shit! Seems good enough reason to stay away.

Another byproduct of prohibition. For every drug that is banned another one will take its place. The thing that worries me is that these 'new' substances are possibly not as safe as the more "tried and true" ones. Prohibition is like trying to push poo uphill with a rubber fork.

this stuff most definitely is in melbourne, in fact its all the rage at the moment. people flog it as "MD powder" and it usually goes for 150-200 for small purchases.

bulk is discounted ofcourse.

this stuff most definitely is in melbourne, in fact its all the rage at the moment. people flog it as "MD powder" and it usually goes for 150-200 for small purchases.

bulk is discounted ofcourse.

So peeps whats the situation on this one. Has it been banned , if someone purchased some plant food off someone locally would this be illegal? , furthermore (not to promote actually doing this) are you going to get Federal Police bangin on your door if you try to import it? Seems they are having trouble prosecuting, if they fail to prosecute does this open the door to other analogs or so called analogs?

Someone told me recently that their friend was found with a significant quantity of it capped up at a festival, they sent it off for testing and found "no illicit substances" other than traces of cocaine, and for that he got a little community service..

They couldn't be bothered pursuing the analogue act maybe?