The Corroboree

I use to dream heaps and really clear and have heaps of fun. It dosnt seem to be that way anymore. I have given Xhosa a go at around 300mg daily with no luck. Was thinking of giving Choline Bitartrate a go. Anyone had any success with Xhosa, or Choline Bitartrate, or anything else. Maybe lucid dream goggles

Cheers

If you smoke a bit of the green, simply stop for a few days. REM will return and so will your short term memory. i use an all natural Ginko biloba/Brahmi/Spirulina suppliment called Memory boost to help with my dream recall. ive found that having a regular bedtime helps to increase my ability to dream

Yeah, definately giving up the green seems to bring on full-on dream sequences, even in people that don't dream a lot or don't recall their dreamsat all...

I havnt touched the green for a good year i think so that cant be the problem. Though i do know what you mean, it definitly stops vividness and lucidity. I reckon some other chemical has got out of whack. I have a daily spirulina, and chlorella smoothis and i have noticed no improvement in memory unfortunatly.

I have done some research. Apparantly people have great success with choline bitartrate. Another thing that increases dream recall is serotonin levels. The best way to do that is to take tryptophan, which is found apparantly heaps in kefir (fermented milk), bananas (didnt work for me as i have it in my smoothies), goji berries. Trytophan is the precursor to serotonin and is converted to serotonin by B6. You could also take st johns wart to inhibit the breakdown of existing serotonin in the head.

I think i will give choline bitartrate a go first. Then after a bit of testing give tryptophan a go, and then B6. It sounds like though i am low on B6 given that i have bananas daily.

fart you've done some research but didn't mention brahmi. i think it might be a winner, it is a memory aid more than anything if it works (and i believe it does). i was using it around the time i had some success with dreams but i wonder if you'd save yourself trouble by just concentrating on technique. research how to recall dreams better, maybe get the lucid dream goggles like you said, and just work on meditation because lucid dreaming doesn't work for noisy minds.

Getting more, and regular sleep works for me.

Also not snacking b4 bed, and no weed.

1stoping the green and then doing it once will trigger dreams for me.

2large amount of l-glutamine also sometimes does it. 5 to 10 gr.

3GABA sometimes also triggers it.

4a good workout, sometimes also..... especially with the glutamine at night. (do not overdo the workout)

5The best method for me was simply to try and remember my dreams every night. You will get better over time. It got bothersome after a while,.... remembering the dreams at the weirdest moments during waking time. All a matter of conditioning your attention for dreaming. Becomming conscious of your sub-conscious.

I will have to give brahmi a go in my next herb order. I think I just need to put some effort into recalling my dreams. Have a regular bed time and waking time like someone mentioned. Keep a diary and make it as much a concious activity as possible.

you also need to get into the habit of trying to react properly (moderately) when you start to realise you're dreaming.

The best method for me was simply to try and remember my dreams every night. You will get better over time. It got bothersome after a while,.... remembering the dreams at the weirdest moments during waking time. All a matter of conditioning your attention for dreaming. Becomming conscious of your sub-conscious.

yeah what woof says

and then when you get things going ....

you also need to get into the habit of trying to react properly (moderately) when you start to realise you're dreaming.

what ThundeIdeal says

:)

Edited by mutant

I tried xhosa but was unsuccessful in getting lucid, even mugwort dint seem to work. I think its got to be something more internal - in the way of internal effort in being aware of ones state.

i have been lucid though, but these expierence happened quite a while ago and were completely natural, no effort or plants consumed consciously. Actually, i just remembered that one of these experiences was while listening to The Lucid dreaming CD, Hemi Sync.

Gonna go a little off topic- Interesting synchronicity- Upon coming online, the first post i read was about he synchronicity and weird happenings on this forum. Then my eye kept moving towards the post titled synchronicity. And the last post i replied to "Tuning In" - My reply consisted of something about the hemi sync technology although i have not tried it in a long time.

Xhosa Experience - met a couple of African Shamanic store keepers who i bought some crystals from right after an alarm was sounded for the imposition of a police state - at least in Australia.

as with everything, to get really into stuff, it doesn't just take a substance ingestion ;)

As an insomniac, it's probably not for me to say how to get to lucid dream states. But I found that after a 10 straight days on the passionflower tea before bed my intermediate zone (not asleep, but not awake - like most nights for me sadly) were very lucid. But also very uncomfortable. It's a herb that's been pencilled into my mental diary as one to revisit if & when 'real' sleep becomes part of my life again.

I remember that as a kid I was told that if you eat a lot of pork products that your dreams will be more vivid. Urban myth ? Probably :huh:

I remember that as a kid I was told that if you eat a lot of pork products that your dreams will be more vivid. Urban myth ? Probably

dont think so, otherwise I would see a lot of them with all this suvlaki :P

I have thought a lot in the past, and have suggested , for arguments sake, that the intensity, form and frequency of dream activity depends on each person, maybe also genetically, personality etc.. I think dreaming might be a totally individual activity, not suggesting some common motofs cannot be spotted... but dreams are mystrery stil l:)

The most incredible dreaming iv ever had was after damiana tea.

stay awake for two days with no food, set an alarm to go off every 25 minutes and lay down with warm milk in your belly. you will dream.

stay awake for two days with no food, set an alarm to go off every 25 minutes and lay down with warm milk in your belly. you will dream.

rem rebound.

I have done quite a bit of experimentation with dreaming and so far I would have to say that the balance of the equation falls on the side of non-substance intervention.

There are quite a number of exercises one can do to increase dream-recall, and increase lucid dreaming likelihood.

1) The body-of-light golden dawn technique for astral travelling

2) The crown-chakra crackle-vibrational model

3) The "ask yourself as much as possible during the day 'am-I-dreaming'" model.

When it comes to substances, I have to say that the cholinergics/anticholinergics win hands down, except for some hard to repeat experiences with vitB6 and St Johns Wort.

Those in the know in the online lucid dreaming community recommend Galantamine [an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor], although it seems a few of the are coming around to the idea of HuperzineA. Virtually no-one talks about cholinergics [like cdp choline, alpha-GPC] as such, although I have had a few interesting dream experiences using Nicotine patches.

I have tried a few dream herbs and none of them have given me dreams like Galbulimima bark, which was a muscarinic type2 antagonist. Others using different material have not reported oniergic activity.

Finally, I'd like to mention that the best dreams are had after walking the land, camping, being in the sun all day, no TV etc. I reckon there's nothing that compares to that for neural and dream enhancement.

one of my friends who claims to have had only a couple of dream experiences also has very few cevs from entheogens......wonder if there is a link?

t s t .

definately not lucid but i'm reminded of opiate withdrawl dreams of geometric sensations [seeking resolution?]....quite unpleasant!

Dreams are actually real memories being replayed from short term memory and a copy being made, hence long term memory, over time, we re-dream the memory, and the bond gets stronger...

We are not ment to remember our dreams much, ESPECIALLY the fairy tale ones where we guide the dream. That can create confusion as to what was real, and what wasn't... Did i really do that? Or did i dream it? etc.

You only have a chance of remembering a dream, as you are woken from REM sleep. Its during this awakening, for about 1 or 2 seconds, where you will have your fairy tale guided dream, that may seem like a long time, but is infact rarely ever longer than 2 seconds.

Some mental disorders are simply a wrongly diagnosed sleep disorder... When they are sleeping correctly, the other symptoms disappear. Especially with drug induced psychosis. Why do you think amphetamines give such high numbers of psychosis? Its because its fucks with your sleep, in-particular REM sleep... There's a very very large correlation between mental illness and people who think they "don't sleep".

Edited by C_T