The Corroboree
blip

Who is going to EGA?

Edited by lsdreamz

Yeah dreamz i'm going. I thought i lost my ticket today and did this

Untill i found it.

You should come man. I don't wanna be the only EGA virgin there haha.

cheers

Edited by peaceful_son

Edited by lsdreamz

i am seriously thinking about catching a plane to Melbourne and hiring a wagon to drive around in and to also double as a place to sleep.

one tonne vans(ie mitsubishi express) are heaps better than wagons just in case your serious about hiring, the advantage is you have about 5 times as much space in the back, the damage bill is much less on commercial vehicles just in case some drongo scratches it in carpark and they are round about the same price as a wagon, the only drawbacks may be 3 people space instead of 5, maybe a tiny bit more fuel but the ol one tonne van is a seriously under estimated mobile hotel...have fun

Even i am massively excited now , I just got a cool from my old school best friend, that is the bomb, but you know, you just drift apart as time ticks on, Me and him did a road trip to EB3 together and had a fucking ball, anyway he is a 3D games designer theses days and doing well for himself. Anyway, just said he is going to come down and help out at this years EGA. I am stocked............. So yes road trips are well worth it people.

Sorry, kind of off topic and personal

:)

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

Edited by lsdreamz

lsdreamz is going to organize a meet up and head out spot for EGA and then Skipp the event all together, i like it :lol:

Keep in mind EGA is only every second year, well in this form certainly, and the Bear will only be crashing our part the once :P

You do have a good point about meeting up in advance, maybe Fri morning somewhere in Melb could be a go.

There will be another 'Plant Trade' workshop this year which will also be the official SAB get together, hosted buy Torsten himself.

See you there

Could I ask a question?

Why do you guys hold it in victoria it was held there last year too, yeah. Is there any particular reason for that, or is that just how it worked out?

EGA was an offshoot of the Victorian EB group, we ran a Mini EB for some years why Big Tman-Rev-Darklight and others ran and a sterling conference in NSW.

Our event grow and we decided to transform it in what it is now today EGA for many reasons. There is a large logistical side of the event we could only really ever run from Victoria.

So do not expect it to go on tour any time soon.

Part of why we decided to alternate and run the outdoor every two years is we are hoping another state or group may run a similar but alternating event. So there is an EGA type event each year, time will tell as we are keen to juggle the torch.

B)

An event like EGA takes over 10 months of part time planing and the help of over 30 core people from all over oz and the support of another 60 volunteers, we simply could not relocate and expect the same kind of non payed commitment and energy.

EGA is truly a community event and could not take place without the support of individuals and bushiness that donate to the raffle each year, so if we wont EGA to continue to run we all need to support it by attending or donating or in the future by becoming a member.

By the look of this year speaker and attendees list we can see there is a healing taking place in this community, that is a very good thing.

Hope that help some Jabez

I thought about going, but I figure i'd be so out of my depth that i'd struggle for air - aside from the fact that I know no-one. Maybe next year...

I thought about going, but I figure i'd be so out of my depth that i'd struggle for air - aside from the fact that I know no-one. Maybe next year...

I don't know a soul that's going to ega crayz. But it seems like the sort of event where it wouldn't be that hard to strike up a convo with fellow campers and meet some new people. Dunno what you mean by being out of your depth, but looking through some of the lectures, i know some of them might be a bit too tech for me to understand. But i still want to go and learn as much as i can from other peoples experience :) . Give it a second thought bro.

cheers

I'll be going!!

I'm excited.

It will be good to meet some of you.

Fun times to be had by all.

FC

Too address the need for Community space at EGA we have added a new area, so meeting people will be easy, and we are also planing to do the banquet again, so we are trying to help in this area, trust me you will not feel alone.

:lol:

there will be loads of SAB plant heads there :)

Yeah, a lot of the stuuf they talk about on this forum goes over my head, but that's more of a reason to go. I don't no anyone here either and I'm a aspie and very socially awkward but stuff it that ain't going to stop me. The whole thing seems well worth the trip, I'll be there.

BTW, thanks ronny that does answer my question, we really need more things like this in OZ.

~Mykopod~

'relax ~ connect ~ integrate'

Vision

The idea is to build a creative social space for people to bond and catch a little downtime from the main conference program, a new space that will help integrate all elements of the EGA Conference as a whole. The aim is to attract and encourage people to relax and connect with each other when not attending lectures, a welcoming environment intended to facilitate and promote deeper communication amongst attendees. The overall feel and intention behind the Mykopod is to create a space for community, relaxation, inspiration and integration.

The space will be included in the daytime workshop programme, furnished with full PA system and will also be used as a cinema space in the evenings.

In the late evenings the space will host a variety of ambient organic melody, with a varied mix of other creative sounds. The emphasis is however on community over sound, a space to grok and wind down. During Sunday night and Monday the Mykopod will be hosting the EGA Corroboree and closing ceremony with a slightly more upbeat and experimental tempo.

Well that is the meeting point as we aim to set it up, what you think?

What level do we expect the Cicadas to be broadcasting at, with EGA at this time of year? :wacko:

Part of why we are 1 month earlier, hoeing for less Cicadahuasca :wink:

Ronnie, Mykopod sounds brilliant!! About it being a Cinema Space at night, how do you decide what gets show? I thought i'd bring along my copy of AKIRA. Radical anime film that i think a lot of people might enjoy. Just a thought.

Jabez - Good to hear i wont be the only social misfit there lol!

cheers

Ronnie, Mykopod sounds brilliant!! About it being a Cinema Space at night, how do you decide what gets show? I thought i'd bring along my copy of AKIRA. Radical anime film that i think a lot of people might enjoy. Just a thought.

Cool "Princess Mononke" and "Spirited Away" might be nice background gear too - I'll bring them along. Great idea PS.

Yeh and I'm be heading out there too :lol:

Edited by lsdreamz

is that "legend of the overfiend"? maybe not :puke::lol:

Edited by lsdreamz

I am working on the new flyer text for this years event, how is edit this sounding?

"EGA 2009 will create a space for growth of the spirit, mind and body, hosting over 25 speakers from around Australia and abroad. The speakers make up the backbone of our event and are supported by a great host of other fantastic happenings including discussion panels/groups, workshops and performances. This will take place over 4 days in November nestled in the beautiful Strathbogie Ranges in north east Victoria, Australia.

EGA aspires to create an active, transformative experience with a real focus on intention, ritual and art, as well as cultivating a community ethos and feel. We aim to create inspiring spaces that reflect and resonate with the overall philosophy of the event. The main conference space will be a work of art in its own right. Accompanying it will be the ~Mykopod~ designed to help you 'relax ~ connect ~ integrate' during the gathering. To additionally help you tune in and play your part in the EGA experience, there will also be a healing tent, meditative crystal mandala dome and a visionary art space all connected by a very lush market area.

The event will also host a communal banquet, some ambient music and films as well as Masquerade Coroboree to keep you all on your toes.

We hope you can join us in the trees for an exploration of more than mind, body and spirit.

I always like feedback B)

hey ronny will there be food available again this year? the 07 setup was unreal!