The Corroboree
reptyle

Ephedra - Ma Huang

Does anyone have access to about a kilo of fresh dried ephedra that i could possibly have or buy or eat 500grms of dirt for?

If you have anny information which i can use to get hold of this very important plant i would be sincerely grateful and somewhat indebted.

Pm me if your paranoid or just man the fuck up!

thank you for your time and hopefuly you are more Austrlian than those supposed chinese medicine practitioners who have abandoned one of the 5 most useful chinse herbs ever to exist. I am ashamed of sellouts and charlatans who know nothing of true medicine. cough cough. venting, backlash expected.

anyhow. ephedra.

bless.

I think its illegal to sell but try your local chinese herb emporium under sinus clearing herb. I believe seeds can be sourced from vendors but uncertain of viability to germinate,.

thank you for your time and hopefuly you are more Austrlian than those supposed chinese medicine practitioners who have abandoned one of the 5 most useful chinse herbs ever to exist

It is not that they have abandoned it so much. Only that it is illegal to grow/sell in Australia, to my knowledge :( Such a shame.

I tried to get some from where i used to get it from at the herb emporium in margaret river and the lady who owns the shop said she no longer sells it as she is not permitted. mmm.... id say youd be able to get it from a chinese medicine shop that sells animal dicks.

Ephedra isn't illegal to grow or sell in australia, to my knowledge.

Peace

From memory, D. Tramacchi commented at the last EGA on QLD banning ephedra. I think it was the case where a politian was trying to get democratic brownie points so banned a profane drug to save the masses.

Sorry, wish i could help ya' :)

Notice the part where i said i would eat dirt to get this stuff...well thats what it feels like reading your posts...do you think i don't already know that some "practitioners" of the chinese persuasion are being clearly prejudice and restricting the availability of this herb to anyone who looks Australian.

Does anyone have useful information?

5 most important chinese herbs

1. Ephedra

2. Ginseng

3. Ginkobiloba

4. Ganja

5. Opium

and green tea isnt medicine its just everywhere.

someone ie, subpersonality of God find me this herb please, even if it takes trekking through the deserts of some remote part of the Asian continent.

All of life on planet Earth depends on me finding some of this herb...seriously. Its like one of the dragon balls out of the new dragon ball movie: Evolution!

This game is set on easy and its still really really hard! Where the setting panel or the options menu.

Does anyone know the cheats?

try this one in youtube : BoOtY DaNcE^^^ but never ever look at it ok! you might turn black.

What does PROFANE mean?

There was a chinese medicine store in perth that was selling it after the ban. A friend was getting it for hay fever/anorexia. They would send her some every month or so and it was cheap. I think it was $2.50 for 100g. That was about 2 years ago. Her hay fever/anorexia cleared up so she stopped ordering it. Maybe ring around. No PMs asking for which store please as i don't know.

I'm sure many chinese medicine stores still sell it as it is very effective when you have a cold. Probably a good herb to stock up on with these nasty flus that are getting around atm. THe chinese herbalists are probably just a little selective with who they give it to so thjey don't get into trouble. I remember asking around for it for a friend before the ban and they wouldn't give it to me, i think they thought i was after it for its (poor imo) recreational effects. THey did give me these other herbs though which worked a treat on my poor sick friend.

If you can't find it you should grab some seeds and start growing it. Def an essential plant fo the medicine garden. Or try sida cordifolia. A friend has a strain from india from a ayuvedic medicine mans garden. I think it is good for colds as well.

I just read the part where you said you would go anywhere. Don't they grow this stuff in pakistan? Or india maybe?

And after some quick searching i found this website offering it http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com/ma-huang-p-91.html

It's very effective for clearing sinusitis,and thus preventing a super infection leading to meningitis and death.

I have some but it's way past it's best,have to make do with a Nosebuddy.

Edited by Garbage

What does PROFANE mean?

Opposite of sacred.

I've ordered from bouncing bear twice before and both times i didn't receive my product. Spent like $80US for no reason. and i had to scan my credit card and Id and send it to them! And i wasn't even ordering Ephedra.

Seeds are fine except my lifestyle at this point has been transient and kinda like a wandering vagrant. So finding a source of pre-grown material is my option.

PROFANE:

1pro·fane Listen to the pronunciation of 1profane

Pronunciation:

\prō-ˈfān, prə-\

Function:

transitive verb

Inflected Form(s):

pro·faned; pro·fan·ing

Etymology:

Middle English prophanen, from Anglo-French prophaner, from Latin profanare, from profanus

Date:

14th century

1 : to treat (something sacred) with abuse, irreverence, or contempt : desecrate 2 : to debase by a wrong, unworthy, or vulgar use

— pro·fan·er noun

As in, do not profane yourself or ephedra by using this word in the wrong context.

Anyone got anything interesting to read like Smilingcloud or better yet some ephedra?

Sida countains pseudoephedrine as far as i knw, im looking for straight up, good ole, regular ephedrine. Please. For the love of all things sacred.

Stay blessed.

(This is from all rareherbs)

Ephedra nevadensis - Since 1552, the plant yielding Mormon tea has been recommended as being beneficial to health. Widely used by frontiersmen as a cure for venereal disease, Mormon tea is also described as a remedy for colds and kidney disorders, and as a "spring tonic." Spoerke attributes its activity to the presence of an undetermined amount of the alkaloid ephedrine, a medication which constricts the blood vessels, dilates the bronchioles, and stimulates the central nervous system. Gottlieb, Mowed, and Castleman state that Mormon tea's active constituent is not ephedrine but (+ )-norpseudoephedrine, an even more potent central nervous system stimulant.

Actually, five different groups of investigators have been unable to detect the presence of ephedrine, (+ )-norpseudoephedrine, or any other alkaloid in E. nevadensis, and we may safely conclude that the plant is alkaloid-free. This is in keeping with all other North American species of Ephedra which are singularly devoid of alkaloids. Mormon tea does contain large amounts of tannin, in addition to a resin and a volatile oil.

I may be wrong but isn't norpseudoephedrine the same as cathinone? As in khat?

Also wikipedia says that sida CORDIFOLIA has ephedrine in it. Most of the stuff that grows wild is sida rhombifolia. I can prolly get you some seeds of the cordifolia reptyle. It will take a little while but i should be able to get them. If they grow the same as the rhombifolia you won't have to worry about caring for it and they grow quickly so you will be able to harvest material soon.

EDIT - Herbalistics has seeds and it says on their website that the plant contains ephedrine as well...

Edited by Smiling Cloud

Sida cordifolia contains ephedrine.

norpseudoephedrine is cathine [not cathinone].

Selling and possessing any materials that contain ephedrine is illegal in all states. This includes several ephedra herbs and in particular E.sinensis. Asking for it in a forum is like asking for someone to supply you with cannabis. yes, it SHOULD be legal, but no, IT ISN'T.

anyone wanna supply me with cannabis> we can make it a joint venture.

get it, smoke joints in the joint and wait for bilateral trade agreements to penetrate the sacred realms of a hidden history...

other than that "breaking the law, im breaking the law...da nannnan nanan naaa breaking the law..."

also, threefold law vehicle.

animal law, survival is highest principle

human law, "society's" prosperity is highest principle

divine law, purity of motivation and intent is highest principle.

p.s anything written above is purely sarcastic, i already have my own cannabis and i'm not sharing the glory of my capture with anyone other than myself. suckazzzzzzz.

ephedra however is a differnt story...supply me...dragon ballz.

• Like 1

Yeah a walk down the side of the road nearly anywhere on the central coast you should be able to find a sufficient amount of Sida Rhombifolia to satisfy what ever level of need you have for any of the same things contained in Ephedra you'll probably need 3 times as much to achieve any similar results however i can see you having far more luck doing that then trying to acquire that much ephedra pre grown

Im not looking for a substitute i'm looking for the genuine article, the exact plant i am specifying...be careful picking plants from the side of the road, many toxic dusts and contaminants on the product.

I dont know how this is so hard to understand...Ephedra sinensis. Ma Huang. Illegal like a punch in the face.

Im not looking for a substitute i'm looking for the genuine article, the exact plant i am specifying...be careful picking plants from the side of the road, many toxic dusts and contaminants on the product.

I dont know how this is so hard to understand...Ephedra sinensis. Ma Huang. Illegal like a punch in the face.

I have heard rumors that in many of the old gold mining regions that a lot of the stuff was planted by chinese immigrants maybe you can find yourself a wild source in these regions actually knowing a few people who have sourced it from such areas the potency is reported to be quite high although this was some years back and knowing how careless many people are with ethnobotanical plants I would not be surprised if it has disappeared by now however i guess it could be worth a try

I saw a sida xtract for sale on ebay the other day. Like a 4% product or so, not incredibly strong, but good for medical use I'd imagine. I hear it's a weed ova east.

Just a thought.

Shame about the legalities... I was in a village last week (china) and almost every farm house had an ephedra plant growing out the front. I could have got you sacks of the stuff. Cannabis was everywhere too gracefully growing free along the roadsides as it should be, although I only saw male plants, not 1 single female.