The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
watertrade

free edible cultures

Hi Everyone,

I'm making up some more agar plates later this week - let me know what edibles you want and I will make them up for you.

check out my trade list below. please be reasonable when making your selection ;)

oh, and you have to tell me what you want by 7pm thursday 16th July.

Man, what a generous offer, i would love to have a go at one of the oysters if you would have a spare one, i dont really mind what type..

ill pm you my address and i still owe you a bottle or Agwa too, i have been slack and will post one this week.

Hillbilly

ahoy hoy!

Very kind of you to do this Watertrade.

My wish list;

Oysters, any variety.

Reshi

:worship:

If there are any you would suggest to someone new to Mycology i would surely give some a go,

im happy to wait until last on the list so experienced members can get in first

If there are any you would suggest to someone new to Mycology i would surely give some a go,

im happy to wait until last on the list so experienced members can get in first

I will make you up Hypsizygus ulmarius ('elm oyster' (but not really a oyster ;) )) and Pleurotus eryngii (King Oyster) both are pretty easy and good for this cooler time of year.

Edited by watertrade

Id love an elm oyster and king oyster as well WT.

Thanks man such a generous offer.

(Havent forgotten your cactus either lol just been busy)

Peace

Edited by MindExpansion

I will make you up Hypsizygus ulmarius ('elm oyster' (but not really a oyster ;) )) and Pleurotus eryngii (King Oyster) both are pretty easy and good for this cooler time of year.

Thank you very much

i will pm my details if your after anything for trade ill make a list of what seed i have left here

Hi WT,

I'ld love a Lions mane and Piopinno culture...my last ones raced away from me while I procrastinated.

Still keen on a few ales and tales...

Cheers,

W

I've got access to nearly unlimited eucalyptus 'mulch' in Canberra.

It comes from craftwood that has been high pressure blasted- a very fine, nutritionally rich pulp kind of stuff. I'd love anything that'd grow well with this, and am happy to sup[ply substrate for locals.

PM'd

Hi Watertrade

I would love some Pleurotus ostreatus

I tried to PM you but am having trouble

Let me know

Cheers

Hope im not too late! Id love a culture, say the easiest one for you?

- Cheers, Foton

This is a very generous offer. Thank you watertrade. I've been dreaming of being successful at growing some Ganoderma luci. I would greatly appreciate one if you are able to.

Have you tried the antiseptic cream? Does it work?

Edit: My wife begged for Flammulina velutipes if it is not too much of course! :worship:

Edited by educate

Educate - Ganoderma lucidum

- Flammulina velutipes

I have used your antiseptic cream! It has been really good so far - I actually used it on the weekend after returning from a bushwalk with lots of scrapes on my hands and legs. Nice to apply to before going to bed. If anyone gets a chance to try some of educate’s creams don’t hesitate!

Foton - Hypsizygus ulmarius &

- Pleurotus ostreatus

Dbbard - Pleurotus ostreatus

-Lentinula edodes

G*P - I didn’t get your PM? I’m sure we can find something that will eat that mulch! Do you know what the binder is to hold the board together – some of those things have nasty chems etc :)

Worowa - Hericium erinaceum

-Agrocybe aegerita

Mac - Hypsizygus ulmarius

- Pleurotus eryngii

Mindexpansion - Hypsizygus ulmarius

- Pleurotus eryngii

Kenny - Pleurotus eryngii

- Ganoderma lucidum

Hillbilly - Pleurotus eryngii + 1

Obtuse - Morchella sp.

- Coprinus comatus.

-Hypholoma sp.

So thats it! - if you havn’t sent me your address already please do. The plates will take at least a week before they get going I will post updates here. :)

I look forward to lots of pics when you guys get growing!

Worowa, don’t worry about sending your address, I will give you the plates over a couple of pints ;)

Cheers

J

Edited by watertrade

can't find info on the net but there was an article in the courier mail about a month ago saying it had finally been proven that mushrooms DO produce vitamin B12, in the most usable form, although only in moderate amounts. some "proof" in the form of an internet link would be most appreciated.

also, vitamin D which is produced by the skin from sun exposure can be produced by some mushrooms (from sun exposure). manufacturers/growers are looking into releasing special product lines that contain vit D.

That gives me time to study up on growing Hypsizygus ulmarius & Pleurotus eryngii

im looking forward to giving it a go & will keep you updated if things go well B)

Cheers , Mac

just to keep everyone updated. the plates were all made last week I'm just waiting for them to get growing well. most are doing fine but some of the finicky ones are a little slow to start. I made spares but there is always a chance there won't be enough. I will divy them up on a first come first serve basis. although I'm confident everyone will get what they asked for.

post-903-1248785012_thumb.jpg

Hi Watertrade,

do you have Agrocybe agerita and Hypholoma capnoides cultures still going?

:)

Hi Watertrade,

do you have Agrocybe agerita and Hypholoma capnoides cultures still going?

:)

yeah mate, the capnoides is one of the ones taking its time to get going again - sublateritium is doing better. they should both be right though.

the Agrocybe is still super strong. I can make up some slants if you like? :)

That'd be brilliant Wt.

for all three species.

are you still at same address?

I'll post some seeds to you.

Hi i know im late as usuall, havent been on for ages. long boring story.

is there any chance of Lion Mane, Reishi, blue or yellow oysters the next time your doing some plates?

Cheers

will be sending the plates out very soon. most are done, some didn't start at all so will have to try from a different source but most people should get what they wanted.

shortly - should be able to help you out with some left overs of the ones you want.

what happened to your pants (over there)?

<<<<<

Edited by educate

Hi everyone,

Firstly I'm sorry it has taken so long to get everything organised. Work is trying to kill me at the moment.

I have ten little packages that I will send out tomorrow - this is everyone except Worowa - to keep up traditions we have to exchange the plates over a few at the W&P. ;)

Anyway, I’m pretty happy that I was able to get everyone what they wanted - except one plate for Obtuse - the Coprinus comatus didn't take. :( can try again later.

I have everyone’s address except Kenny and educate (sorry if I lost them) and incognito - I need your address again!

Shorty: I have spares so should be able to send you something - I will just need to catch my breath first. :)

Educate :) : the pants were nibbled in honour of the good folk of WA who did (as far as I know) organise a successful gathering ;)

When you get the plates I would recommend you make copies of the plates (with more plates if you are into that kind of thing). I didn't label them with the generation but they are all quite young and are proven performers.

Good luck and please report back with your success. And please help someone out if they want to share the cultures and get involved with growing fungi.

Cheers J

Brilliant work WT,

No apologies needed as far as I'm concerned.

Is that the C.comatus that I sent you (or Worowa)? B)

Just curious as to whether it's still expanding it's way across the country.

I'm sure I can speak on everones behalf here and say

Thanks Watertrade :)