The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
G*P

5 metres of Peruvianus- (ATTN) sweet-talker required

So..

5 years ago, I got a close friend to order me some sanpedro and peruvianus. Before I could purchase them I attracted some bad attention to myself and my shamanic practice and they decided not to sell because they musta bn dangerous.

In Canberra they are hidden in a certain nursey as a display. There's 2 of them that must be nearly taller than me by now.

I need a fellow Canberran who is prepared to talk up a little storm, and do a deal with them under the premise that these cacti are fantastic stock for growing many more. The people are very entrepreneurial and enjoy making deals- there will most likely b a steep price on these, but nothing compared to the sheer amount of cactus that they are.

So, PM if you can help me make this happen, and share many metres of cactus for grafting + logs and whatever else.

G*P

Edited by G*P

What is it about these particular cacti that you are will to pay a "steep price"?

What is it about these particular cacti that you are will to pay a "steep price"?

Umm.. they're over 2, maybe 3 metres tall and very healthy.. and i suppose, only that i know these are only a short drive from me.. not including all the blah one might have to go through to find or buy similar specimens.

I may be wrong. But i couldnt b arsed with another comment on ethics, or spirit, or someone elses idea of what is right for me regarding ethno's. :)

what would a fair price for everyone (per foot/metre), be? part of this deal.. (cos they love 'doin deals').. would probably be to give them back some potted cuttings. They're a very attractive highlight of the nursery atmosphere, and i feel it'l be a special arrangement that is needed to persuade them- as i have tried before, and the price tags have long been removed.

Got any pics...? ...I think most people are prepared in the vicinity of $1.00 a cm...any more and it has to be truly something rare and highly desirable.

H.

Yeah i guess it depends how fat they are , up to $1 per cm maximum has been the going price for pach in my limited experience.

Yeah i guess it depends how fat they are , up to $1 per cm maximum has been the going price for pach in my limited experience.

ouch $1cm @ 5m $500 cacti wow must be one hell of a specimen never even come across anything i would be willing to fork out that much for comeon GP you have to get us some pics to :drool2::drool2::drool2: over

Is it some kind of special potent clone or something?

Umm.. they're over 2, maybe 3 metres tall and very healthy.. and i suppose, only that i know these are only a short drive from me.. not including all the blah one might have to go through to find or buy similar specimens.

I suppose there is a certain appeal about large cacti. Hopefully you can transport it in large pieces? otherwise its just more little pach cuttings, which are abundant. Dont be concerned about trying to root large cuttings, it certainly can be done.

$1 per cm perhaps a bit steep for a run of the mill pach, however, may be ok if the cuttings were in exceptional condition, or had some interesting or unusual features...

I suppose there is a certain appeal about large cacti. Hopefully you can transport it in large pieces? otherwise its just more little pach cuttings, which are abundant. Dont be concerned about trying to root large cuttings, it certainly can be done.

$1 per cm perhaps a bit steep for a run of the mill pach, however, may be ok if the cuttings were in exceptional condition, or had some interesting or unusual features...

I had an auction for a very nice 2.5 m peruvianus on ebay and it went for $56.

Was good to see it go in one piece to a good home though :)

Just a tip from someone in the trade...

"Hi, this is JoeSonDo from FukYerMuther Nursery..... I'm tryin to sell this job and I've been looking all over for some Echinopsis pachanoi that this crazy architect has spec'd out for it. Guy want's 3 meter tall plants, for christ's sake! Anyway, do you have anything like that in stock. I'm in the bid stage right now, so it's not a sure thing, but if it's a decent price, I think I can get the customer to go for it..... etc etc....blah blah blah"

Obviously you're going to not be Joe Son (the ex-ufc guy who got his junk all punched up) and are going to use a legitimately made up nursery (lol,) but this shit works. You've gotta own it and be the fucking salesperson, though. Make sure to insert some of ya'llz Ozzie colloquialisms to give the impression of a sales rep working with contractor types.

Good luck B)

yeah that $1 per cm would be a maximum price (i have paid before) for a fat 30+ cm piece PC including shipping,

the going price on ebay today for pach is about $1 per cm with shipping costs included

Edited by mac

So..

I need a fellow Canberran who is prepared to talk up a little storm,

G*P

Fellow Canberran here. New To the area. Will talk up whatever you decide is articulate enuff to suit your objective.Anything to help out a fellow boardmember in the pursuit of ornamental horticulture.

Hendry

I had an auction for a very nice 2.5 m peruvianus on ebay and it went for $56.

Was good to see it go in one piece to a good home though :)

Damn Toby that's cheap for that beauty...that's a beautiful cactus for very little money, I was watching and intended to bid too, but like so may e-bay items I forgot to look when it was finishing and missed out.

Glad it went somewhere cool though.

H.

Bugger.. big anticlimax. apparently they grew so tall they snapped to pieces and got hauled outta there :(