The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

planthelper and condoleeza?

anyone want to play the Kevin Bacon game?

Edited by Thelema

aren't they in their strictest definition somewhat opposite or at least mutually exclusive? ad hoc indicates something quite specific, while arbitrary is the opposite of specific.

Hmm that's a start i guess.

...next your gonna tell us he cured cancer....

wtf thelema, why did you change the entire content of this thread after replies were posted? please explain!

1, what was this about before you edited thelema?

2, what is this about now?

3, if you just wanna have a laugh ok, but caapi's responce already goes into totaly non understandable territory.

Edited by planthelper

thelema criticised this forum for not using the words ad hoc and arbitrary in the correct manner. Personally i can't find any example of how they could even be confused, so I think thel was talking out of his ass.

Maybe he is just trying to work out if I am going to make good on my threat of giving warning points to people who delete threads or who change their meaning after others have posted. There's a warning point here waiting with his name on it, but I thought I'd give him a chance to explain or fix it.

hmm, i wonder what that has to do with me?

apart from that, what you just said torsten, is an issue which is not easy to deal with.

as a mod one has to balance off the benefits and the risks,

and the right decision is often based on what is good for the forum, and not what is good for a single person or group.

maybe this topic gives me now the chance to debrief about something....

i was told by a newish meber to "get real" after addressing him about self incrimination.

allthough this made me a bit upset, i decided not to say anything and hoped the issue would be explained to him by another person than me, and thats what happend.

i would hate to see thelema leave the forum because of small issues like what it seems to be all about.

anyway, i can't comment on any thing about the terms ad hoc and arbitrary, as english is not the lingo i grew up with and far worse, i'm dyslexic and many words give me at times enormous trouble spelling.

about condoleeza, yep, she sure is an attractive lady but i think some time will elapse till she might contact me (this is a joke!).

but i know what her mail will say something like, my advisors have stated to me that sab's aproach to drug use is the way to go and that what we do here is, helping people overcomming addictions and that herbal drug use has the potential to make you a better person.

Edited by planthelper

Maybe he is just trying to work out if I am going to make good on my threat of giving warning points to people who delete threads or who change their meaning after others have posted. There's a warning point here waiting with his name on it, but I thought I'd give him a chance to explain or fix it.

I already got a warning point for that (I think? My memory isn't as good as it should be these days....)

Don't fuck with Torsten :)

Edited by Teotz'

Well I must admit it was very strange what Thelema did with this thread...he or she turned it on it's head Teo style...I usually quite like Thelema's post's as they are usually extremely quirky yet insightful and somewhat bang on...obviously a smart cookie too, I thought him and Mind expansion were gunna go off and get a room yesterday with their knowledge and input into the parasympathetic thread...amazing info they shared, most of it I had trouble understanding though... :blush:

What PH said about the verbal warning he gave someone the other day and how they retaliated was a little amusing...seems some members only take guidance from other non moderating members and see Mods as class teachers if you will...anyways I sabotaged a thread recently after spitting the dummy but in my defense I did rectify it...but that was due to emotions on my behalf more than anything...still though T could have slammed me and give me a warning point...a lucky escape from the overposter.. :blush: .SAB coulda had a quiet week without me prattling on about everything and anything... :P oh well ...as you were.

H.

<sigh> why do i always find myself caught up in these ones. lol. Sorry to confuse anyone with my "curing cancer" comment, I was just trying to be funny by throwing that in there as I have just lately watched a show called "Kevin Bacon cured cancer" .

I am confused now too as to what this thread was about originally becaused the OP had already edited it before i commented.

What did it originally say?

What did it originally say?

It's not like you to ask a question that has already been answered in detail :rolleyes: . oh hang on, yes it is.....

Now Now Torsten, Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. :rolleyes:

I thought since it was in Site & Forum matters this was gonna be a marriage notification! Like, planthelper and Condi are getting married so don't expect any moderation while they are on the honeymoon!

wau, a spam thread, and on this subforum, wau...

and torsten, endorsed, hahaha.....

Damn. That was a bad one. :(

Damn. That was a bad one. :(

oh c'mon, you know you do that all the time.

Ya I know :(

i think we should set this thread up so anyone clicking on it has the benny hill theme music start up in their headphones/speakers

Torsten? Mods?

i'm off to cook some popcorn :lol:

wau, a spam thread, and on this subforum, wau...

and torsten, endorsed, hahaha.....

I bet Hilary is pissed that Condi beat her to the punch, you're a catch for any American stateswoman! :D

hey, I can't really say I'm sorry. my intention was to generate a funny and somewhat confusing thread. objective achieved! And it wasn't done in the spirit of nastiness, rather one of gentle mischief and camaraderie. But I won't do it again, I wouldn't like it if others took the precedent and ran with it.

OK, so to make this a site matter, has anyone noticed those 2 little white specks on the brown bar at the bottom of this thread? - the one with "enter keywords" on the left? One of them disguised says "site" and the other says "next".

Sooooo, maybe we should start circulating an email around the internet with PH's name attached. Theoretically speaking,(using small world network theory) it could land in Condoleeza's inbox within the week.

if we cant get Condoleeza will Pauline Hanson do ?

if not im sure baph will take her, im sure its a fantacy if his/hers :P (Albino redheads are pinker inside)

Edited by mac

LOL...I had never noticed those two specs....damn that some tricky shit right there...what gives...?

H.

I screwed them up in the CSS and couldn't work out how to fix them. but we're upgrading soon so it will be a new CSS. make the most of them while they last.