The Corroboree
Chiral

What if..and the strange monkey looking elders.

Re:HK

This is a very interesting thread, do you know other reports of even more extreme dosage [over 30gr] ? This has to be the biggest doses I have read. It's really impressive how such doses can be supressed/stopped at 3-4 hours! I will not be strict this time HK, but I will indulge in some, useful I believe, comments... Btw, the '...' are fine and add a lot to the description IMO and some blank lines [to separate 'paragraphs'] would make it easier to read IMO , u can even do it now...

Re: G*P

Such frequent dosing every week for months per time doesn't sound too good, and it will propably have some toll at some point. It seems you're open/sensitive to transcendence, so even if you believe there is a hyperspace, you needn't go heroic - I still think 7 gr are pretty large dose, no? Also, you say you admire the heroic approach, myself I am amazed by the hardheadiness and amazed at what kind of people can do this [30 gr while 3 is pretty active dose? wow - well the opiates propably play a role, but then again..?] and for what reason... Plus I consider heroic approach presented as something usual in the community to be extremely dangerous and something that should be limited to those who know [or anyway think they know] what they are doing... In any case I think you got to have some clues and maybe be a strong / stable personality to go 'up' there......

Re: holymountain

not enough people trying to make maps of hyperspace

Well one of the reasons is that it is very difficult to even describe psychedelic experiences, and few people will make an autobiography. Also, there is no hyperspace, so you cannot make maps of it, well at least there is not one single hyperspace. If the concept of the word expresses something real then we can talk about each human being's hyperspace, or at least some special persons hyperspaces.

SO who tried to map it? McKenna sure did and went quite a lot along. I also feel he took much more psychedelics than HK says, but thats another thing. The point is what did McKenna archieve in his attempt of the mapping? IMO, he only caused hordes of psychedelic theists, believers, acid freaks and many others from the lot to actually see their own unique version of McKennas visions of hyperspace. They wanted to see them so they took so much they did. Simple as that!

We ARE apes, we ARE intelligent apes, and any monkey or ape is very intelligent, and we have evolved from a common ancestor of many modern apes. This evolution might propably have been catalyzed by psychoactive plants and fungi, that's one I do believe. But hey, to me the amazing thing in HK tales is not the visions themselves, but the dosage. Visions and voices, guidance can occur in many kinds of people - psychotics being among them- and I am not implying HK is psychotic. But I cannot accept that such a result of 30 gr of psiloshrooms is something someone can have an opinion on. The impact was on HK head and psych, and like he says, the future will tell...

Till then, don't hurry to admire something with no particularly impressive results...

PS: Despite my rationalism, I talk to my plants as well, but they don't reply, well they are plants. But I have caught myself while on low salvia div doses to be behaving as if the headspace was some live entity. I know it isn't, I don't believe even for one moment it is, but its 'practical' to see it as such...

for what it's worth mutant, i just view this as a series of psilocybin tales. the doses don't impress me (they are an aside) but the revelations are rather interesting.

having "...." at the end of every sentence is wrong guys, it's not a big deal but it should be avoided. it should be obvious that .....s used repetitively are less explicit than using commas and full stops, because the reader doesn't have to guess which it is. what ..... really says is "i think my sentences are pretty crappy, so disjointing my thoughts with a long pause should compensate for that". most of the time, ....... can just be a full stop then new sentence. who cares if your sentences don't flow well, i often post completely disjointed sentences.

for me......reflects how i think......stream of consciousness.....flow of thoughts......i dont need structure imposed on me......its harder and less natural for me to punctuate!

t s t .

for me "...." reflects how i think: stream of consciousness, flow of thoughts. i don't need structure imposed on me. it's harder and less natural for me to punctuate!

edit: don't take this the wrong way! i'm not being derisive, nor do i care when it's a few lines of text but i personally do get annoyed when it goes on and on.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

your anality?.......spell checker didnt know how to spell that one......

t s t .

anal retentiveness.

:o

i won't say another word on the matter.

ThunderIdeal: What revelations??

'...' is different than ',' and '.' - might mean a lot of things too. it might mean what you are saying is difficult to expressed. it usually means that you should take a break before continuing .

hunab revealed his subjective impression of a few mushroom trips. specifically, the parts i found interesting are the same three bits i quoted on page one.

i think thunderideal has a good point, i must admit i use '....' a fair bit but i really dont know why, i think i use it as a pause so the reader can gather thoughts or maybe a just a brief pause to catch some breath and re-focus on the next part, is it good english school, i dont know ! in this modern day world of text messages and reducing language ie your to ur, come to cum we as a whole in english speaking society are forgetting our roots and grounding of english

ah see i didnt even capitalise my first letter or put a full stop at the end of my paragraph, i could have probably split my paragraph into two and when using the letter 'i' it really should be a capital 'I'. does it really matter, probably not but im sad as an old schooler who graduated in 91 my english is quickly on the wane :(

i wont pursue it further but i'll just say i'm not trying to correct anybodies english, i simply find it HARD TO READ several paragraphs of disjointed sentences.

The topic deserves a thread on it's own really...I mean it's a very interesting topic particularly with technology taking advantage of high speed lifestyles and communication thru chatting, sms etc etc...could we abandon proper gramma at some point for sub languages and shorthand versions of English...dot dot dot

I'll ask the Monkey elderz if they know of anthin bout it. :wink:

H.

could we abandon proper gramma at some point for sub languages and shorthand versions of English...dot dot dot

I'll ask the Monkey elderz if they know of anthin bout it. :wink:

H.

I think language, in many ways, has been heading like this for a while. I mean, if you look at Enlightenment Europe you'll find all intellectuals writing in Latin. This then began to crumble, one stand out example was Rene Descartes, publishing his philosophies and meditations in French so the 'plebs' on the streets could understand.

On another interesting note, i can remember Orwell saying in Down and Out in.. something about swearword trends, how they'd usually last for 1-2 decades before transforming or fading. However, he commented on the word 'fuck', stating how it had been around for quite some time, and i was thinking that if you open your earlobes today the word 'fuck' is blossoming like the majestic white flowers of datura.

I was thinking that maybe the word 'fuck' has been an evolutionary success 'cause it offers a polar of extremes. By starting slow and soft, like...ffffffffffff, then moving on towards a sharp k the sound is kinda complete, in a sense. Or at least its an awesome platform to release some stress... 'FUCK!!'.

Also, how did you like my incorporation of '...' :lol: ?

Edited by mooksha

Also, how did you like my incorporation of '...' biggrin.gif ?

funny I didn't notice it till you said...it is so ingrained in mine and others writing style it almost is invisible...it is purely a way of continuing a sentence like in the real world...we don't talk to someone and then say full stop or period...so the triple dots is more flowing and convenient to write with...strange thing is though I can only ever use 3 dots...not 2 or 4 has to be three...the number 3 is heavily ingrained in my psych for some reason and I use it constantly.

H.

another extension of changing of modern vocabulary is the use of smiley face, at no other time in history has a 'reader' been able to distinguish mood of author

for example

hey mate your a dickweed : )

obviously the above statement should be taken lighly by the reader, unfortunately for all storytellers in history and maybe thats a good thing in reference to the reader how can we possibly ascertain the mood of shakespeare at one given moment, it is horrible english to use smiley face and double dot p (:P) but has it or has it not progressed modern use of language

right brain v left brain....verbal communication forms......?

t s t .

right brain v left brain....verbal communication forms......?

i know im going a little off topic so forgive me hunab

TST A friend of mine tells me for some reason his right eye the pupil dilates more than the other when on substances that stimulate the brains pathways ?

he has wondered if its stimulating the left brain more than the right ? (he is right handed)

i guess that's a hard one to answer without a study group of both left & right handed peeps on the same substance

Edited by mac

pretty interesting topic for me, i find i can put my consciousness in either brain hemisphere (at least that's what it feels like), sort of like putting my consciousness in one or several chakras. not something i've been doing for very long, but anyway, attaining a balanced feeling in my head can be difficult especially with uhh stimulated brain pathways.

my first few altered states i found myself at times with this weird fish bowl visual distortion ,as if i was looking out of one eye.or at least one eye a lot more than the other.

think it was always on the left.

with a little effort i found i could balance my vision and it seemed to reflect a balancing of my brain.

t s t .

checked my memory ,it was the right eye not the left.

Edited by t st tantra

Strange... as in a state of sobriety it feels like everything is right brained and right eyed...next time I indulge I'll have to make a point to notice if there are any changes...is anyone familiar with using the back of their brain...it's an area whereby you do something basically so well that you don't even have to consider or be mindful of the task, you just execute the task at hand with sheer ease and brilliance...a lot of sports persons use the technique with great success.

H.

some strange chakras back there.....i watched some 'ghosts' come out there once....3 of them .....seemed to be odd people i bumped into over the next few days!.....old hippies mainly!

t s t .

I personally think you are close to being an urban shaman.

Agreed, I have long been an urban shaman and have been in contact with the monkey people for a very long time.

Here's a photo of boris, he's the head of the elders, quite the academic, I call him 'woody' cause he reminds me of woody alen.

Funny%20Monkey[1].jpg

Here's a photo of richard, he reminds me of so many people here (paradox, neo shaman, etc) but I'm not sure why.. I can't quite put my finger on it...

proboscis%20monkey.JPG

There is trouble in monkey land however, the elders have become very concerned about the younger generation, many of whom have become involved in drugs & crime.

drugMonkey.jpgdrug-monkey.jpgnormal_monkey_smoke.jpg

Edited by baphomet

mooksha, wow, this last post was sweet :)

baphomet, lol

on topic

this left lobe - right lobe thing has been in my mind too for some time. Maybe doing a separete topic would be more aprropriate? i will return to comment more with my thought on this one

post-4908-1248256577_thumb.jpg monkdeemonk banana

25monkeystatue89037.jpg

25monkeystatue89037.jpg

Back of the brain is visual cortex.

Don't think it has a role in thought other than as a processor of visual input before passing that processed info on to the parts of the brain more concerned with thought.

Peace