The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Hendry

Way to go Indians!

Jesus was just another 2 bit crim who took his scam too far & got what he deserved...

Ya can't run around scamming people and when they wise up, claim to be Gods boy, no wonder they strung him up!

He didn't always preach peace, read what you want and you'll interpret what you want.

Read the books that got excluded from the bible I kind of argree with Baph here there is some good stuff in waht would be regarded as gnostic texts Studying comparative religion from a historical perspective I have had a great interest in for years the majority of violence peropetuated by Christianity ( or Churchianity as i usually refer to it ) Is all due to power hungry old men hanging on to the last remains of constantine's Roman Empire , the historical figure known as Jesus did preach a rather peaceful messages , it would not seem to be the same for his followers or church leaders after his death but anyway texts atrtributed to the Magnalene ( such as Pitis Sophia ) and writings atrributed to Joseph of Arimetheia are far more enlighting then that collection of dogmatic crap that go around under the title of the bible

He didn't always preach peace

I say your talking shit.. again, I challenge you to prove what you are saying? Please quote a verse to back up your claims and I will happily admit that I'm wrong.

Jesus was just another 2 bit crim who took his scam too far & got what he deserved...

Fuck it.. While we're at it, how bout you back that up too? How do you figure that Jesus was a "2 bit crim"? What "scam" do you think he was trying to pull? What makes you think he "deserved" crucifixion??

I reckon you deserve crucifixion for talkin out your ass!! :crux: .

I say your talking shit.. again, I challenge you to prove what you are saying? Please quote a verse to back up your claims and I will happily admit that I'm wrong.

Fuck it.. While we're at it, how bout you back that up too? How do you figure that Jesus was a "2 bit crim"? What "scam" do you think he was trying to pull? What makes you think he "deserved" crucifixion??

further to that find a quote where Jesus actually says he is the Son of God , usually me and Baph clash a bit but i have to agree with what he is saying not about crucifying you Germinator your a good bloke but about Jesus message in a general context

One thing of interest is that in the Koran is there is acknowledgment that Jesus was around and was one of the 25 prophets yet in Christianity, the teachings and the bible refuse to acknowledge that Mohamed existed...why would that be I wonder...?

H.

One thing of interest is that in the Koran is there is acknowledgment that Jesus was around and was one of the 25 prophets yet in Christianity, the teachings and the bible refuse to acknowledge that Mohamed existed...why would that be I wonder...?

H.

cause the Koran is written 500 years after the birth of Christ from memory Christianity is abit over 2000 years old whereas Islam is only 1500

Islam says Mohummad will be th final prophet of God , which in my thoughts is no better then nominating Christ as thew superiority in the Christian Religion , Further to that the books of the Bible were specifically selected to portary Jesus as this Super human enity , howver the Gnostic Books tend to have a very different portrayal once again written before Islam become a prominent system of belief but have a far more insightful message

another intresting thing which I always laugh about is that Allah is derived from worship of the persian moon god where as the Judochristian god is a deviation from the Egyptian worship of Aten or so historical evidence would indicate

I should also mention not sure if its the nag hamndi codices or the dead ssea scrolls but there are very old copies of one maybe more of the books contained in the bible which if one was to translate and compare to the current story you would see some major alterations

Edited by neoshaman

i'd be curious if jesus was originally quoted saying something like 'only through me will you reach the kingdom of heaven', or if that was one of the alterations. if the 'son of god' thing you mention was really an embellishment from many years after (as suggested in the da vinci code) then it seems unlikely jesus would have ever made such a claim.

haha it's kind of hilareous in a sad kind of way, the way baphomet vehemently criticises other religions, but when someone criticises christianity he gets all defensive....

baphomet you're a perfect direct example of the absurdity of religiois belief. in this case christianity. i value your presence on the forum simply because you illustrate that madness so blatantly with your behaviour that it might serve to educate people on how not to be...

i'd be curious if jesus was originally quoted saying something like 'only through me will you reach the kingdom of heaven', or if that was one of the alterations. if the 'son of god' thing you mention was really an embellishment from many years after (as suggested in the da vinci code) then it seems unlikely jesus would have ever made such a claim.

haha Di Vinci code is a load of shit nice adaption of the concepts of a book called Holy Blood , holy Grail by M>Baigent & R. Leighs they actually tried to sue Dan Brown

I personally am a fan of Laurence Gardner his arguments have far better resaerch behind them aqnd the sources are far wider ranging not saying I agree with all that he says but his works are a great staring point if this kind of research interests you as I said the texts on the New Testamant have been fairly manipulated and much of the translation seems incorrect although I can not give you any evidence off the top of my head I would assume it's highly likely to be the case i'll look into this particular reference and see what i can find will post update here

I will say this the word Almah used to describe Virgin should translate to young woman not Virgin so there's one gaping fucking hole in the story that churchianity portarys

thanks dude, if it helps the passage reads something like this "I am the way, the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father except by me"

That'd be right ya' Knob, quote half a sentence :rolleyes: Read it again dick-wad, a coma aint the end of the sentence... Sheeesh.

I dare ya' to try and crucify me, I'll pay your air fare cock head.

I know I say violence is fucked but, I am 1 to tinker with fucked things.

I look at things this way, individually what a person believes spiritually is part of who that person is & hurts no one be it Islam, Christianity or UFOs

It seems in my opinion that most organized religion on a larger scale tends to form a one sided cult like group mentality & or takes advantage of people's spiritual beliefs to cash in on their little franchise

Edited by mac

mannn cough...growthefuckup....cough

seriously though, ive stopped reading many of these threads, this netviolence??? is fuken stupid.

i think yall need to take some big deep breaths..or eat some shrooms' or something???

i really dont see Baph as a Troll at all. he has some great thought provoking points. I dont agree with many but its his opinion.

He can get carried away and may word his argument to be inflamatory and offensive, but geez some of the shit u guys are saying!!! makes Baph look like an angelic cherub!!!

i dunno. to me, people of different race and cultures will always be just that- People, Human beings.

before you go dissing another race/culture check out how you interact with others, the community at large and your environment.

mannn cough...growthefuckup....cough

seriously though, ive stopped reading many of these threads, this netviolence??? is fuken stupid.

i think yall need to take some big deep breaths..or eat some shrooms' or something???

i really dont see Baph as a Troll at all. he has some great thought provoking points. I dont agree with many but its his opinion.

He can get carried away and may word his argument to be inflamatory and offensive, but geez some of the shit u guys are saying!!! makes Baph look like an angelic cherub!!!

i dunno. to me, people of different race and cultures will always be just that- People, Human beings.

before you go dissing another race/culture check out how you interact with others, the community at large and your environment.

YAAAAAYYY....!!! 29 gms is the go...works fuggen wonders for anything... :drool2:

H.

edit-bitch removed

Edited by incognito

thanks dude, if it helps the passage reads something like this "I am the way, the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father except by me"

John 4:16 the issue with this I AM if one refers to exodus and the references to Moses I AM has sent me to you Exodus 3:14 maybe the relevance has been lost to us today however exodus was quite a prominent relgious document at christs time

Also the original aramaic text at the begining ena-ena whichh should never be translated to simply I it is acyually I-I or reference to the cosmic I i.e I AM THAT I AM Exodus 3:13-14

further to this if we examine the greek scriptures the word translated to comes is Erchetai from my understanding of this word it has a very present tense and refers to people who were present at the time one of translation that I find much more acceptable is

YHVH is the way the truth and the light , No one of you here comes to the farther but through me , the verse was particularlly referenced towards the diciples who were with him at the time and has little application if taken in its true context to people today or anyone else after that point in time

the problem is this there is not always just one english word that prefectly translates from another language , ancient languages had a very different syntax and grammer structure then the languages that exist today even in the same regions let a lone when you are talking translating an ancient language to another ancient language and then into a modern language with however many translations in between how many opportunities exist for erronous misrepresentation of words ?

Oops, I'll try to be more sneaky and passive aggressive in future, that seems to be accepted.

thanks neo shaman, that clears it up for me :)

Oops, I'll try to be more sneaky and passive aggressive in future, that seems to be accepted.

:P well said

That'd be right ya' Knob, quote half a sentence :rolleyes: Read it again dick-wad, a coma aint the end of the sentence... Sheeesh.

Ok, lets look at your dumb ass comment in it's full context: "He didn't always preach peace, read what you want and you'll interpret what you want".

If what you say is true then please give us an example of how the words of Jesus can be interpreted to justify violence?

Ok, I will send instructions for payment.

Great, another internet tough guy :rolleyes: .

InternetToughGuy.jpg

Edited by baphomet

You guys should just start throwing Bible verses at each other... Just as discreditable and vacuous as your e-sniping but more well written.

Everyone interprets those words differently, when people start pushing their interpretation on others and saying it's THE right way, we end up with a bunch of mindless

sheep believing impossible fairy-tales, don't we. You should think for yourself Baf.

So, you can threaten me (passive aggression is still aggression) with violence and when I try to accept your invitation you say I'm an internet tough-guy? Well

move over Hypocritis...

Like I said before, you're a fuckin' knob mate!

Everyone interprets those words differently, when people start pushing their interpretation on others and saying it's THE right way, we end up with a bunch of mindless

sheep believing impossible fairy-tales, don't we. You should think for yourself Baf.

So, you can threaten me (passive aggression is still aggression) with violence and when I try to accept your invitation you say I'm an internet tough-guy? Well

move over Hypocritis...

Like I said before, you're a fuckin' knob mate!

I 2nd that although I agree with your statement about jesus's teachings the way you carry on is just fucking ridiculous you set out to start shit with no other real pupose then to start shit Its sad and pat6hetic you feel the need to darw attention to yourself by puposely antagonising other members

There is a new United petroleum station that has opened here that is owned and run by Indians. Its the cheapest fuel in town.

Poor buggers have a 'QuickMart"sign on the front of the shop, and are the butt of alot of racist jokes within the town.

Whenever your in there the is some 'legger' (a term ive picked up living here to describe white trash) in there calling the guy behind the counter 'Apu', and the station is generally the main topic of conversation of local redneck groups.

I think these Indian guys are great!!!!!! Unbelievable customer service, they are so NICE and polite! the shop is always spotless, id buy petrol there even if it was more expensive than other stations in the town!

I think some sectors are jealous that alot of Indians are in business and in the workforce in this Country.

Id go as far as saying that Indians, are 1. more polite and cultured than 'aussies',and 2. Alot harder working and more professional than 'aussies'.

I say good on them for raising the bar!!! :worship:

Harder working? :lol: That's why they usually only take the easiest jobs like cab drivers, security guards (when there is little to no risk), ticket inspectors, store clerks, etc, I can't remember ever seeing an indian in any physically strenuous job whatsoever.

More cultured than aussies? You must live in one backwards ass town, at tafe the teachers regularly had to instruct the indian students on how to use deodorant, these guys smelt so bad that they cleared out whole rooms with ease, a mixture of the most rancid BO imaginable (that I'm not sure any aussie could muster up even without wearing deodorant or showering for years) and curry steaming out of their pores, a nauseating mix. :puke:

I was walking past an indian restaurant the other day and there were people in there eating with there hands.. Not like eating pizza or something, I mean sloppy rice with sauce n shit, cultured was not a word that immediately came to mind.