The Corroboree
hebrew

unveiling norma

Top stuff VS & big ups to you other hardworking blokes, Apo & Yowie. :wub:

Should we stuff around with postage or just a week long party at hebs? :P

Can't wait.

I would think peru, looks alot like the roseii 2 I have but it looks alot like the other unnumbered rosei (I suspect 1) I've got aswell. Looks fairly different to the snag macro, can't wait to get her in my hands & check it out & make some comparisons.

I like Norma, a roseii by any other name.

Still doing the happy dance :):bootyshake:B), pantsless too :P

Edited by shruman

:) yeah its good to have it there, i will sort out postage in a day or two, gotta get some scales, so i can weight it up, everyone will be able to get a tip as well as mid section

some tips are larger than others so i will get photos of them and number them and you guys can choose which ones you want. i will tehn weight those and then we can talk abotu how much you want to pay for postage and how much cactus we can fit into that price range.

Def looks like rosei, nice score there lads :)

Awesome work. Congrats you lot :) Makes me wish I was across the ditch to be a part of the action. Coming to Brisbane later this year, maybe I'll catch up with one of ya's and see it in person :)

i thought it was like rosei, but wasnt 100% thanks PD

bit hopefully it will make its way around the place

Stellar effort on the removal bro's :) Can't wait to get my cuts. Looks like a really beautiful cactus. I can just imagine those lovely long spines poking the bastard possums that come and try and eat it here at my place :P

yeah nice work fellas :) i'm curious. did a lick test seem interesting at all?

Just seen this thread now, def looks like a rosei to me too. Very nice cuts guys! :drool2:

yeah nice work fellas :) i'm curious. did a lick test seem interesting at all?

yep sure did...quite interesting indeed....it's a very soft cactus...it's inner flesh is quite soft and nice and bitter.

H.

possibilty some tests are being done on this cactus in the near future from someone who knows chemistry i will let you know results when they get back to me

its a pretty slimey cactus as well. lick test as hunab says is bitter, but is that true that lick test? does it really equal potency?

It's more a rough guide to confirm alkaloid content really is all...I've licked some that have absolutely no bitterness and sure enough the tea was empty and nuttin happened...Norma seems like it might be similar in content to Eileen perhaps...lets hope.

H.

yeah i am reckoning it will be hunab, reports from some people a few years ago that rosei was yeilding a gram per foot, or maybe i am getting that confised with psycho0 but i still reckon it is going to be a promising plant and i think we need to get it out as much as possible and getting people growing it

That is a VERY pretty cactus Velvetsiren! :)

I have some that look almost just like that!

Looks like a Trichocereus "True Blue" peruvianus to me!

Anyone tested her yet?

Anyone tested her yet?

rosei is good shit :)

Not convinced Norma is a Roseii, more likely to be a close relative to Yowie or some form of true pachanoi, none the less it's a striking cactus and am looking forward to seeing what this seasons new growth will look like.

These two cuts spend the whole winter in very dry room temperature conditions to fully callous over to prevent any of the rot that it seems prone to very easily.

post-4860-1254292482_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1254292557_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1254292639_thumb.jpg

IMG_2288.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_2288.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

Chiral, I believe "Yowie" is T. paralensis (sp? palarensis?) and not a peruvianoid. Norma definitely fits the T. roseii description from the pics VS posted, from my POV anyway

:o

I picked up a nice haul more Pach type last year,nice and fat.I wanna go back and clean up but I copped a nasty sting from a paper wasp from a colony on the plant and left with enough at the time.She's a big'n too.

Will post piccys soon...maybe a trade in the near future VS? :lol:

Chiral, I believe "Yowie" is T. paralensis (sp? palarensis?) and not a peruvianoid. Norma definitely fits the T. roseii description from the pics VS posted, from my POV anyway

Mu I agree to some extent..it's just the cuts are not in super healthy ideal condition so it's a little hard to tell yet...does have those fluffy areoles like Roseii, has the two downward facing spines like yowie...I think after a year of solid healthy growth we will all be able to see the true characteristics of this plant and have a better idea..either way it's a marvelous addition to anyone's collection...I'm also wondering if this plant has flowered in the past...perhaps some peoples cuts once rooted and growing nicely might offer up some nice pollen filled flowers...that would be very cool indeed, after all it is quite an old plant innit.

So is Norma the name we gunna stick with..? some of these old school names are funny as hell and very OZ..Eilleen, Norma, Bruce, Jim, Mike...lol...we need one called Cobber or Bluey. :P

I like 'Norma', as a tribute to the loving lady who nurtured her cacty.

I think after a year of solid healthy growth we will all be able to see the true characteristics of this plant and have a better idea..

but aren't these cuttings from a huge plant which has been growing for decades? i'd think her true characteristics would have shown themselves by now no? much more than a year of growth from a cutting in a pot?

mu, i've never even heard of T. paralensis.... do you have any more info about that? i thought yowie was pretty generally thought of as a 'true pachanoi' 'short spined peruvianus' whatever-you-want-to-call-it. the general 'san pedro' of choice in peru....

There was a bit of discussion in this thread about it. When I get a chance I'll post some pics of some of my plants which have been given to me with this name.

oh right pallerensis. der sorry

hmm IMO yowie is more closely aligned to the 'true pachanoi' then to T. pallerensis. all pics (edit:that i've seen) of plants labeled T. pallerensis, while baring similarities they seem to have very different spinage. ie more spines which form in a way akin more to peruvianus or cuscoensis.

i reckon rosei is the best bet for Norma. all just opinions... feel free to shoot me down

Edited by xodarap