The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Siggor

paranormal or unconscious acuity

i used to have a heavy set belief in the paranormal when i was younger and have found myself with my feet planted deeply on the ground now, and for the past couple years trying to work with the unconscious mind, its amazing how the paranormal and unconscious mind are alike. maybe paranormal experience are just a break through of a filter of the unconscious mind?

so is it paranormal or unconscious acuity?

i agree that it's be hard to differentiate the two and pick which is the source of the paranormal. personally i can justify it's being "paranormal" because i think our consciousness is the stuff of creation, so what appears as potentially a stunning trick of the unconscious mind, actually may be, but that "mind" (or whatever) and what it perceives may be far more real than the so-called normal.

i agree that it's be hard to differentiate the two and pick which is the source of the paranormal. personally i can justify it's being "paranormal" because i think our consciousness is the stuff of creation, so what appears as potentially a stunning trick of the unconscious mind, actually may be, but that "mind" (or whatever) and what it perceives may be far more real than the so-called normal.

the unconscious mind processes something like 20 billion bits of information per second so maybe its just picking up information that to the conscious(which only processes a very small amount of information compared to the unconscious mind) it may seem paranormal?

I knew you guys were going to say that! LOL

Actually, I'm of the opinion that at conception we are all telepathically connected (*)

As we grow older we lose it.

*connected as in (nonanalytic) pre-connected. Connection is a concept of the analytic mind.

Actually, I'm of the opinion that at conception we are all telepathically connected (*)

*connected as in (nonanalytic) pre-connected. Connection is a concept of the analytic mind.

I'm interested in what makes you say the older we get the more we lose it Thelema....I would have thought it's evolutionary and would actually get better as we get older and our children would get good at it earlier and so on and so on....kinda like the wise mans gap theory.

H.

two sides of the brain,rational/logical/straight line/[male] and irrational/intuitive/non linear/[female].......western education is usually the former and destroys the later.....this seems the basic theory of the metaphysics.

merkaba for instance can be approached by logical learning about it or by an intuitive remembering of it........

t s t .

two sides of the brain,rational/logical/straight line/[male] and irrational/intuitive/non linear/[female].......western education is usually the former and destroys the later.....this seems the basic theory of the metaphysics.

merkaba for instance can be approached by logical learning about it or by an intuitive remembering of it........

t s t .

i don't think it is destroyed, more of we learn to use one side more often than the other, so the later is just laying dormant from lack of use.

just one question how can we get past some of those filters? preferably without the use of drugs and the alike.

I agree with ThunderIdeal.

But where does empathy come into this?

Edited by KanJe

good question, although writing it off as a mammal survival/co-operation mechanism is pretty feasible. maybe the same is true of consciousness, when it disregards the notion of separateness.

each of these perspectives is an eye.

[on entheogens i would sometimes find my visual perspective quite distorted from a 'one eyed' perspective and have to meditate to balance out my mind and vision by having both sides on.been a while now since i've seen that.]

maybe......third eye = both sides working together?

maybe......third eye = both sides working together?

That's a cool idea. I kinda want to explore both worlds in all directions. I find it just as rewarding to get caught up in analysing my thoughts as I do in meditaion.

I'm finding the hard part is finding a nice balance of these sides of my personality.

Maybe if I find a good composition of these sides, a new perception might develop like you say.

paranormal and unconscious are both the same. ""simply because everything is energy!""

Paranormal is just another way of saying - 'the unusual' - unusual to most people.

It would do people good to look into the teachings of buddhism to gain a SOBER perspective on all aspects of life. Very helpful for a more realistic view and understanding unusual occurences.

people that have almost no experience with unusual manifestations are more likely to say Paranormal.

people that are just venturing into the subconscious might be more inclined to say 'subconscious'

and then you have the people that see that both are interconected.

hehe.... that is what I always say......... telepathetically hahaha....

but why would we lose it when we get older? I think that this is a limiting belief.

i think time gives us the opportunity to fine tune ourselfs even more.

we are said to lose it because of calcification of the pineal gland?

reversed by neti,nasal irrigation?

t s t .

i seem to be able to see lsd/as in the air and feel them through my hands......

t s t .

aha,... good point Tst. needs more exploration.

However still I know people that are as sharp as ever in their 80's.

Even my grandmother who is 88 still plays bridge on a good level. use it or lose it i guess.

memory does not have to degenerate with age. maybe you become a little slower. many studies have shown this.

what does it mean if the pineal gland functions less or when it is removed??? what happens to people then?? I think i remember a program where tall people their P glands are removed to prevent them from growing idiotically large or because there is a tumor over stimmulating the Pgland.

dont remember if there were any consequences. or was that the pituitary gland??

Stay well hydrated!

Edited by woof woof woof

tst wrote > are said to lose it because of calcification of the pineal gland?

now I am confused.......... it's the pituitary gland or the pineal?

anyway.... pump some human growth hormone in that system when it gets older! ;-)

Do we know if the brain actually ages like the rest of our body or is an 80 year old brain in the same condition as a 20 year old one...someone once told me that DNA does not age is that true...trying to piece together why these things happen to get to the answer of the paranormal equation.

H.

thinking seems to be that brain architecture is set about 16 to 25 after being more plastic before that.

then about 50 most of the grey matter is gone and sheathing on connections is thickened.

at this time a brain change likened to upgrading from dialup to broadband happens.

you start to think in patterns.you dont so much learn facts as where things fit into the pattern.

wouldnt be surprised if there is another about 70 and a minor one at 30 not recorded yet....

t s t .

thinking seems to be that brain architecture is set about 16 to 25 after being more plastic before that.

then about 50 most of the grey matter is gone and sheathing on connections is thickened.

at this time a brain change likened to upgrading from dialup to broadband happens.

you start to think in patterns.you dont so much learn facts as where things fit into the pattern.

wouldnt be surprised if there is another about 70 and a minor one at 30 not recorded yet....

t s t .

I also like this idea, but what if someone is able to practice something like telepathy which constructs a pattern before the age of 25?

If this pattern is also reinforced through out life through more practice, wouldn't they still have this ability at the age of 80?

tst sometimes you're really hard to understand but i always want to know what you're saying

"i seem to be able to see lsd/as in the air and feel them through my hands......"

i can't discern the meaning at all.

"thinking seems to be that brain architecture is set about 16 to 25 after being more plastic before that.

wouldnt be surprised if there is another about 70 and a minor one at 30 not recorded yet...."

this is extremely cool. from my observations some old people are the coolest people ever, but most aren't. TBH most old people are hnnhh, i think, like an old piece of dust in the corner of a room that never gets swept away, a dry old thing, just a thing. i know it sounds horrible and i'm probably wrong. the basic problem, apart from the obvious (trouble recalling names on the spot, forgetting little things) seems to be that they are stuck in their ways and use tried approaches to new situations. also there is cranky old bastard syndrome (which i'm sure happens to women as well) where the person is just fucking sour and can't be cheered up.

exercise is supposed to be the key to regenerating neurons (which were once thought to never regenerate). i look forward to being an old bugger with upgraded skull filling.

first occurance i opened a bag of stipa seed and could see a shimmer in the air,with lsa colours and a slight change of consciousness on similar lines.

my early relationship with cyperus is somewhat documented in the main thread on that plant.

basically whenever i touched it i experienced a change of consciousness similar to lsas.

this has gone further and now includes other plants........adrian[earthpod] handed me a chunk of root at ega.....when i held it i experienced the colour effects of mirabalis,remembered from a dose years ago.....he was impressed....

what i experience is largely colour texture but is more synthesia like.......

that explain it ok?

t s t .

i admit i sometimes code my posts like the old alchemists so they can be understood only by those who will appreciate them......this is not one of those though.......

Edited by t st tantra

...I don't know if any one else had another interpretation but I understood what you meant, just not how it applies.