The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

Just a day out.....

So the alarm went off at 4am and I was on the road by 4.30am off on an adventure to see what I might find...my round trip to 3 different locations took me till 6pm when I finally got home and I covered about 350 klms of driving...all in all was a beautiful day and quite productive...my mouth is watering right now as I think about cooking up my edibles... :drool2:

Found a fascinating old bit of tree with a rock buried inside it...totally weird and trippy.

anyone wanna hazard a guess at the unknown shots please feel free...the white looking Amanita I thought was the Death cap but I may be wrong.

Was able to collect some beautiful mycelium too and it's now soaking in a styro box with wet cardboard over it with a lid on.

anyways enjoy the pics and it's good to see such abundance so early in the season.... :wink:

H.

post-4860-1241600353_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600379_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600397_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600420_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600498_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600522_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600541_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600567_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600596_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600623_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600642_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600667_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600691_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241600745_thumb.jpg

collection1.JPG

deathcap.JPG

deathcap2.JPG

deathcap3.JPG

unknown3.JPG

unknown.JPG

subsgalore1.JPG

submyc5.JPG

submyc4.JPG

submyc2.JPG

subbly.JPG

rockinatree2.JPG

rockinatree.JPG

collection2.JPG

collection1.JPG

deathcap.JPG

deathcap2.JPG

deathcap3.JPG

unknown3.JPG

unknown.JPG

subsgalore1.JPG

submyc5.JPG

submyc4.JPG

submyc2.JPG

subbly.JPG

rockinatree2.JPG

rockinatree.JPG

collection2.JPG

looks like brown-ish spores on the annulus and stem of that big white mushroom, not an Amanita if thats the case.

edit: maybe Cortinarius sp.

Edited by genki

well the red one with the yellow pores is a Bolletus. if you broke the flesh it woulda sained bright blue. they're such beautiful fungi :)

the rock in the tree...i'd assume the part where the rock is, is the roots & underside of the tree. as the roots were growing they wrapped their way around all the rocks etc that were in the ground, then when the tree died it fell over, the roots were torn from the ground pulling the rock with them. over time all the dirt & other material has been washed away leaving that rock sitting there.... thats what i reckon anywayz.

nice pics

what are the ones to the left in the first pic?

the rock is trippy

i had a tree in my front yard where the trunk has grown around a metal pole

but it was rotting and i had to cut it down

Edited by El Barto

:worship: you are a regular shroom-hound Hunab.

forgot to add nice finds!

Yeah things will really kick off when we get decent winter rain...there is myc everywhere and for how dry it actually is I was surprised at how many fruits there were around. Also spotted a big grey Kangaroo hopping in front of me about 20 yards away...he looked at me and then just hopped off a couple of bounds then looked back at me and then disappeared off into the woods...also saw a wild pig running through through the scrub..scared the shit outta me too.... :P

H.

post-4860-1241609910_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241609948_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241609967_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1241609992_thumb.jpg

single3.JPG

patch1.JPG

bendy.JPG

single9.JPG

single3.JPG

patch1.JPG

bendy.JPG

single9.JPG

nice pics

what are the ones to the left in the first pic?

the rock is trippy

i had a tree in my front yard where the trunk has grown around a metal pole

but it was rotting and i had to cut it down

Lactarius...absolutely the most delicious mushroom you will ever eat...slice them up to thin strips...pan fry them with butter and cracked blacked pepper and a sprinkle of salt..lay the cooked shrooms across some toasted damper bread and have a small orgasm... :drool2:

H.

Nice one HK. I recently tried some saffron milk caps for the first time the other day. Very tasty!

Wow - excellent work. Do you mind me asking what area you focused on?

mmmmmmm memories.

morg and i cooked up some latarius on the barbeque in some smokin hot organic butter, with a little rosemary and pepper.

fried up some bacon as well, wacked it all on a fresh bun........ :drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2:

amazing. gonna go pick a box tomorrow!! i must say they r the yummyest funghi ive tasted thus far... so many more to taste! ive definately caught the funghi bug!! :drool2::wub:

Fuck yeah how good are those Lactarius...especially with bacon and pan fried in butter...better than sex...tonight I'm chopping some more up same again pan frying with black pepper and this time adding some fresh garlic and chilli from my garden... gonna be sharing them with a friend who is coming over for dinner...gunna blow their mind with fungi....yeah.

H.

EDIT oh yeah and 2 dozen of the others are currently soaking in 300ml jar of Agwar and lemon juice ...the jar is in a warm bath on the stove ....just enough to loosen things up a bit...will save it till Friday evening...should be nice and ready by then.... :shroomer: