The Corroboree
soma_seeker

Home-grown heroes

hey fellow psychonauts,

Thought I'd share a little bit of tripper eye-candy that my gnome was good enough to pass onto me. She tells me that they were grown on her special family recipe (modified BRF PF tek - can provide more info if anyone is interested...), and that the strain was mexi-cub (she thinks...).

The monster pinned before the cake was birthed, and was expected to break/fall off during dunking and rolling, but instead survived to grow into a 10'' beauty :)

peace..

soma

post-3511-1239330498_thumb.jpg

post-3511-1239330526_thumb.jpg

post-3511-1239330556_thumb.jpg

Hey soma, WOW :drool2: they look fantastic. I envy your gnomes knowledge :worship: . Haven't long been involved and there is so much to learn. More info would be greatly appreciated. I've got a bit of a grasp of some of it but it can be daunting for the novice like me. PM me would be great.

Wonderful pics but. You should be proud of your gnome :lol:

Hutch :wink:

that one cake is goin' off innit? considering it's size. can't imagine PF getting results that good.

i'm keen to hear about it.

I've seen cakes go off even better than that by simply birthing them inside a clear plastic bag only with a simple plastic tie around the entrance to the bag....

check out these babies.... :wink:

post-4860-1239359999_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1239360010_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1239360020_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1239360034_thumb.jpg

bag_cake_1.jpg

bag_cake_2.jpg

bag_cake_7.jpg

bag_cake_8.jpg

bag_cake_1.jpg

bag_cake_2.jpg

bag_cake_7.jpg

bag_cake_8.jpg

Best use of a turkey bag I've ever seen! Don't think you could get more fruit growing out of that thing regardless of method used!

I've seen cakes go off even better than that by simply birthing them inside a clear plastic bag only with a simple plastic tie around the entrance to the bag....

check out these babies.... :wink:

So instead of just congratulating another member on some kickass cake fruits, you show 'em up by posting someone else's pics while allowing it to be imagined that perhaps they're your pics? :scratchhead:

Maybe if you didn't want it to seem like you were claiming that work, you could have at least posted a link (post # 48) to the thread where the pics came from..... Poor form, IMO, Hunab Ku.

Oh, and not to miss the point.....GREAT fruits from a cake, soma! Tell yer friend "beautiful work!" :)

errr I wasn'r taking credit for em I was simply showing what can be done with cakes..it educational...no need to direct people to the original post when all is needed is for people to get the idea and experiment..I have never taken any credit for some one else's stuff...particularly when I have never done fungi...get of your high horse its all just educational to give people the ideas.

H

EDIT oh and Soma they are great cakes..my post of someone elses cakes was to show what can be done with cakes..I was sure that cakes where low yeilders and kinda a waste of spawn but when you see what you can achieve by experimenting anything is possible..FM if I had of worded my post better I'm sure you may not have jumped all over me..perhaps I should have said yes fine cakes and I saw over at the nook recently some pictures of what one chap had achieved with cakes and turkey bags ..that would have been more appropriate...anyways its all good carry on..I'm too active around here and it annoys the shit out some some people i know.

Edited by Hunab Ku

That some nice work there soma_seeker. Pass on my congratulations to your friend.

I'd love to hear the details of the modified PF tek

hey everyone,

thx for the replies.

no offence taken HK. I'm really suprised that bag tek works considering the lack of fresh air exchange....? I would have thought that the cakes wouldn't manage to pin, let alone produce yields like that. Also, I didn't realise the nook was still up, I thought it got shut down?....

Anyway, for those interested here is my gnome's modified PF recipe;

- the normal 1:1:2 ratio of water:special rice flour mix:vermiculite

- the rice flour mix is comprised of a 3:1 ratio of ground long grain organic brown rice (ground in a coffee grinder): rice bran (nb. rice bran is ground rice husk and I add it in an attempt to boost the nutrient content of the blend)

- 6 drops of liquid seaweed extract per 4 cups of water/flour/verm mix (again this is added to boost the nitrogen and other nutrients content)

questions/comments/criticisms/grievences welcome...

peace..

Thanks for sharing your recipe soma, great to get useful info like this! I have some seaweed extract about somewhere that I used for bamboo; never considered it for mushies... clever little gnome you have!

yeh my gnome can't take credit for that one, apparently it is fairly common. but yeh, deffinetly give it a go

nice work soma!

were all those cakes birthed at the same time and only two cakes fruited? does your gnome dunk?

hey crazy,

no, i'm told that all the cakes fruited several times. It's just after a couple of flushes and the fact that there are plenty of cakes being harvested and dunked at slightly different times that the chamber soon becomes out of whack and not all the cakes flush at once. I'm sure you realise what i'm getting at....

And yes, my gnome dunks o'night (or from morning to evening) just after birthing and between flushes. She also gives them a good roll in verm after the first dunk only.

peace..

cheers mate :)

(if it weren't for me breaking my camera I'd have shared some more...)