The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
MindExpansion

Tasers in Australia

did he drop the taser?

I personally like the idea police have tasers. I'd much rather be tasered when I am having a psychotic breakdown, instead of being shot in the heart with a bullet [seems like they never aim for non-fatal shots regardless of how much safety distance they have]. You're much more likely to survive a zap than a shot.

I've been tasered before - by the shop assistant who was trying to sell me one in germany! It's not so bad. In fact, I'd even prefer a taser rather than a whack with the baton [have had that before too]. Not that they should be using them indiscriminately, but hell, that girl gave the cop a good kick.

Wow what a filthy slut, she deserves everything she gets. Despite what the anti-police people say, police don't just pick on you because you obey the law.

I've been tasered before - by the shop assistant who was trying to sell me one in germany! It's not so bad. In fact, I'd even prefer a taser rather than a whack with the baton [have had that before too].
Which did you buy? :P Remind me not to buy gloves at that shop :slap:

I recently bought me one too and i´m totally happy about it! It works good! But luckily i´ve never needed to test it! brzzzzzz

Edited by Evil Genius

At such close quarters i woulda thought a wrist lock woulda been more appropriate. :unsure:

seems like they never aim for non-fatal shots regardless of how much safety distance they have

Officially, you don't fire 'warning shots.'

Unofficially, 'dead men tell no tales.'

I wonder if there is any training give to the police (or anyone else) for the use of a taser on someone you have pinned to the ground?

I don't like the look of that crowd... they look like the local scum around here. "Lads" and "lasses" (notice the stripy shirts, baseball caps and bumbags - Australia's version of the British "chavs". A lot of them are junkies and, well they just hang out in groups and act like assholes to people, graffiti, drink, smoke, swear, steal crap etc etc

Yeah, I reckon that girl probably did deserve it.

I've been tasered before - by the shop assistant who was trying to sell me one in germany! It's not so bad.

LOL yeah i've been shocked by a 300,000V stun gun many times. hurts like hell but it goes away as soon as the shock stops.

edit:double post

Edited by Uncle Staunch

i won't say she deserved it, but she certainly should have expected it or worse when struggling against a cop.

there was a story recently about a cop who dragged a guy into an alley right beside the watch house (there is footage), beat him and held him in a spine lock (ouch!) while a fire hose (turned on) was held in his mouth for several minutes. big fat cop too, very strong looking. somewhere in the story, he said 'watch your head' then slammed his face into the car which i believe knocked him out. this is only known, and the cop is only being charged, because a younger female cop had the balls and the humanity to do what was right.

i say this just to balance things out. i'm sure you guys won't, but never forget the oppression you may one day suffer at the hands of a piece of shit cop. in my small circle of friends, two have been unfairly assaulted by police.

Yeh the kids in that video look like fucking ladskies, scum of the nation to be honest.

But I don't have much of an issue with cops having tasers because like T said, choice comes down to it id rather be stunned than shot in the chest, so long as they dont abuse them like.

But yeh he dropped the taser heheh.

Peace

I don't like the look of that crowd... they look like the local scum around here.
Yeh the kids in that video look like fucking ladskies, scum of the nation to be honest.

When did these plants we all love start teaching us how to be such judgmental fucks?

Hows does it feel to be such pure beings?

When did these plants we all love start teaching us how to be such judgmental fucks?

Have you ever met one of these said lads before?

Ohhh, I'm not saying those kids in the video are scum, im saying ladskies are scum, and those kids look a bit like ladskies, not saying they ARE, just saying they dress a bit like it. But I see no stripey shirts so...

Peace

Edited by MindExpansion

Have you ever met one of these said lads before?

I have no idea what one is TBH.

I imagine somewhere else on the WWW that people are justifying shit treatment to other people cos they look like drugies or some shit.

'For the record' look like, does not = are.

I didn't say the kids in the video were ladskies, i said they looked like ladskies, which to a degree they do, I never said they were, I never said they were scum, I said ladskies ARE scum, and those kids look like ladskies which is not the same as saying they are ladskies and as such scum.

Peace

never heard the term in brisbane. they're like jerks that congregate in public?

lads are youngsters that dress in nautica style gear and basically their only purpose in life is to annoy others. They are the bane of event organisers as they always cause fights and generally ruin it for everyone else. In sydney many party organisers won't even let people in if they wear lad-wear because they are such a hazard.

This has nothing to do with snobbery or being judgemental. Lads define themselves by these same terms and the clothes are their trademark.

And yes, it's no different than if you are trying to put on a drug free event and were faced with a bunch of kids in rave wear. Tough! The clothes that people CHOOSE to wear are a part of their identity - that's why many people wear them. If you wear clothes that are clearly associated with a subculture of thuggery then you have to expect people to treat you as part of that subculture.

This subculture is an import from the UK where they are called chavs. Lately it's also been used interchangeably with asbo [anti social behaviour order - worn as a badge of honour in these groups].

Observe the species in their native habitat [it's enough to turn you off polo shirts forever :wink:] :

chavs.jpg

chav.JPG

right on man...perfectly worded and delivered..kudos and a kick up the ares to all you judgmental fuckers

Ginja didn't know what lads were so his statement I can understand. Hunab, you posted after I explained what they are so there is no excuse. You are defending racist and violent thugs who intentionally identify with that racist and violent thuggery.

While I don't agree with some of the rash comments that were made about this girl in the video, and I have no idea if that group is a bunch of lads and ladettes, defending the lad subculture is in itself ethically very questionable. Very much akin to defending skinheads, white supremacists or nazi orientated mod groups.

If an individuals marks himself as being part of an intolerant and violent subculture then I don't think he should expect much tolerance in return.

you gotta admit, the guys in that first pic are looking for trouble. they're gonna strain their necks if they keep looking for trouble like that :P

in the video, some of 'em seem to be helping the cops to restrain them.

this happened in brisbane, i don't know if little sub cultures get much of a chance to emerge here but i would thinking nothing of their clothes (in the video) if i walked past them.

edit: a quick search didn't bring up much intolerance of lads, they "just like to munch pills and listen to gabber" etc etc, "just a few bad ones ruining the whole groups name, it happens with every group". anyway i doubt hunab saw your post.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

We´re living in a world were you get judged by your looks! Its not fair but thats how the human mind works! Most people dress the way they see themselves! If you dress like an aggressive person, chances are that you are one! Thats how people think though it does not always apply! Exceptions prove the rule! But there is no second chance for a first impression! And its totally human that people rely on that! bye Eg

Amen to that T.

Lads are essentially thugs, they identify as a pseudogang and go out of their way to be recognised and known as dangerous guys by acting intimidating and its not just an act, they are a violent and senseless group of people who are involved in lots of senseless violence often on innocent people who happen to become a target of their thuggish fun and showing off.

If I was walking around with a swastika on my arm i think you holier than thou people who are being judgemental of our passing of judgements would have a different tone and if you had ever seen the ladskies in action you wouldn't be so up in arms. Hunab I don't know how you can take that tact cause you must have seen the ladski's in force.

At any rate it just needs pointing out again that no one said the people in that video WERE ladski's, they just look a bit like ladski's, as has been described, ladski's have a dress code that defines them BY THEIR OWN INTENTION, and even if they were ladski's it wasnt being suggested that tasering them is then the thing to do, it was just an observation.

Peace

a quick search didn't bring up much intolerance of lads, they "just like to munch pills and listen to gabber" etc etc, "just a few bad ones ruining the whole groups name, it happens with every group".

chavs are by definition white. As there are plenty of ethnic working class brits who like to be thugs it is safe to assume that chavs are always white because of an exclusionary principle. The fact that their targets are often of ethnic origin might be another clue to their racism.

Lads are a copy of chavs. While australian subcultures often vary somewhwat from those overseas, we usually mirror british subcultures pretty closely. Lads too are [almost] always white and they do pick a lot of fights with ethnic groups, so their racist tendencies are clearly mirrored from their british source. Although australian working class is generally much more tolerant of ethnic cultures, so the racism may just be a few bad apples.

The same can't be said for the the random violence. This seems to be an integral part of being a lad. So I think the description of harmless gabbering pill munchers is a little romantic. Mind you, the only rave I was ever scared at was a gabber rave in rotterdam 13 years ago....