The Corroboree
Rainbow13

T.Iboga & P.Viridis Live Plant Wanted 4 O/S trade

Neo...are you saying that you don't believe that the patrolling of Australian borders for plants and animals is all bullshit..for your information, the borders here are protected for very very good reasons and the authouroties fight a very tough battle...what seems unlikely and stupid to you..doesn't seem so when a native animal starts spreading some unknown virus because of some smart arse who has smuggled in an exotic reptile etc. FYI people are charged and fined for bringing any plants, seeds, fruits, beds, jewelry containing seeds,meats, fish, eggs...etc etc the list goes on...if you don't declare these items and are found to be carrying them through customs you can be fined and or charged. It is not a joke they take their work very very seriously..it is not just the plants that we find interesting..its ALL plants, seeds, etc.

American customs laws are different I hear and I can't speak about how tough or how lax they are...why don't you try them out and see what they say when you get a letter about it from them..it's an easy way to find out.

plant disease could set in, and wipe all my in door grown food. and then I would have to buy from the market, bummer.....

your indoor food is the least of customs worries when it comes to plants and borders..it's in place to protect farmers from disease to their crops..if their crops fail then the corn from the market won't be available...or will be brought in from elsewhere and be more expensive.

I am sorry I that affect on you. But I think your growing up to be the same type asses the "think" they can "police" the world, and I thank that is a little stupid if you ask me. Plant diseases, give me a break!!! When trading to the US?? Your post dose not makes a lot of sense!! I am sorry but when I hear the kind bs you guys talk about, I want to punch something too!!!! But you know know what, I won't even go there, because frankly your not worth my time or wasted energy!!!

We all know it has nothing to do with plant diseases!!

nothing to do with plant diseases..WTF..what has it got to do with then...?

H.

Nothing, your right, i could lose my whole crop of fresh fruit plants and vegy's in my apt!!!! You right, I better start worrying!!! right now!!! In fact, I think I am

going to go pray about it!!! right now!!!! need to get into a church as soon as possible!! start pray about plant diseases!!!

Maybe I should put something on my door, just some kind of red blood or something so the plant disease don't come to my house........ Perhaps a child sacrifice would

do the trick????

Edited by neo1

Neo...are you saying that the patrolling of Australian borders for plants and animals is all bullshit..for your information, the borders here are protected for very very good reasons and the authorities fight a very tough battle...what seems unlikely and stupid to you..doesn't seem so when a native animal starts spreading some unknown virus because of some smart arse who has smuggled in an exotic reptile etc. FYI people are charged and fined for bringing any plants, seeds, fruits, beds, jewelry containing seeds,meats, fish, eggs...etc etc the list goes on...if you don't declare these items and are found to be carrying them through customs you can be fined and or charged. It is not a joke they take their work very very seriously..it is not just the plants that we find interesting..its ALL plants, seeds, etc.

American customs laws are different I hear and I can't speak about how tough or how lax they are...why don't you try them out and see what they say when you get a letter about it from them..it's an easy way to find out.

plant disease could set in, and wipe all my in door grown food. and then I would have to buy from the market, bummer.....

your indoor food is the least of customs worries when it comes to plants and borders..it's in place to protect farmers from disease to their crops..if their crops fail then the corn from the market won't be available...or will be brought in from elsewhere and be more expensive.

I am sorry I that affect on you. But I think your growing up to be the same type asses the "think" they can "police" the world, and I thank that is a little stupid if you ask me. Plant diseases, give me a break!!! When trading to the US?? Your post dose not makes a lot of sense!! I am sorry but when I hear the kind bs you guys talk about, I want to punch something too!!!! But you know know what, I won't even go there, because frankly your not worth my time or wasted energy!!!

We all know it has nothing to do with plant diseases!!

nothing to do with plant diseases..WTF..what has it got to do with then...?

H.

edited

Edited by neo1

..the introduction of outside plants and animals can cause considerable damage to local flora and fauna by introducing pests, virus's, disease and a myriad of other issues.

neo1 this is a fact you might not like it but no amount of argument is going to change the fact that introduced disease & or pests can have a huge impact on the plants & animals in any country

Here in Australia for example it is an offense to take fruit & vegetables from one state into other states because the introduction of fruit fly can have a huge impact on foods as well as the export of said foods

Im sure if you do some research on the subject you will understand why we & most other country's have these laws , im sure there are hundreds of examples of pests & viruses & diseases introduced to country's that have had a significant impact on the economy, peoples health as well as plants & wildlife

eg..introduced pests & diseases

Edited by mac

Dude, you are talking about shite you don't even fucking know!!! And yes I got a customs letter before dammit!!! and yes, I fucking know!!! what the fuck they do!!

SEND A FUCKING GOD DAMM LETTER!!!! AND THAT'S FUCKING IT!!!!!!

A personal amount is not worth their fucking time!!!!

Now physically walk through customs, yes, you might be looking at some type of fine, "if" you get caught???? since a small plant it pretty easy to hide, but yes, physically walking through customs, yes, you could get a fucking fine of some sort. But through the mail, small amounts, man they just send some type of stupid ass letter, and yes, I got one 10 years ago for importing 2000 dollar worth of fucking steroids!!!!!!!!!! 2 fucking times!!!! and after that, and kept on getting more even after that with more problems!!!!!!!!!!! as I had to change guys, as one of my guys got flagged!!! That's what they do, flag it when it get caught, and the sender either has to change the return address or the packaging or both!!!!!!!!! The guy I was dealing with when it got busted through customs was a idiot, and sent in highly standing out color packaging, stupid!!!!! sticker on it, all kind of BS they know to look for!!!

However, hey did NOTHING!!!!!!! NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!! just took it, and send a small little letter telling of my rights to clam it. which no dumb ass does. So yes, I know what they do!!!

Now if its been kg's, they might have came for my ass. But I am not that fucking stupid. ...?

I don't do roids anymore,(I don't need them, as I am not going to be a pro bodybuilder, so why take them??) but I am just saying. Yes, I know what the fuck they do!!!! or import anything illegal, I am just "saying' that all.

did you see me post about wanted illegal plants, no I didn't!! so back off me!!

My quarrel with you Neo is that you seem to think these laws are stupid..why is that..?Personally I agree with most of the border rules and laws..for one it helps catch and prosecute the illegal trade of animals and rare birds and reptiles..Judging by your philosophies we should all be allowed to exchange anything we want across any border..am I right...?

I guess you stopped taking steroids once you realised that they make your balls shrink even smaller huh.

H.

My quarrel with you Neo is that you seem to think these laws are stupid..why is that..?Personally I agree with most of the border rules and laws..for one it helps catch and prosecute the illegal trade of animals and rare birds and reptiles..Judging by your philosophies we should all be allowed to exchange anything we want across any border..am I right...?

I guess you stopped taking steroids once you realised that they make your balls shrink even smaller huh.

H.

edited

Edited by neo1

Neo, i´m just missing my breakfeast because of this thread! And i´m a little bit stressed because of this so i make it very short and easy to understand! You cant over-simplify things like you did! Yes, sometimes plants slip through and nothing happens! Sometimes customs seize a plant and just send a letter! True, that happens! I´ve seen it myself! Sometimes police decides that its not worth to raid a junkie appartment! Or they assume you didnt know better that the plant is on the list, etc! But i also saw that people got arrested for less! You never know in Advance! If you are willing to take that risk ok! But most people here arent! And my second point of concern ist that you have to respect the rules of a country you dont really know! Thats why Hunab is so extremely pissed! Australians had to suffer a lot from foreigners that just dont care about their wildlife & Ecosystem! This country has a long history of alien intruders that totally screwed the original wildlife! Your a guest on an international forum so it would be appropriate that you make yourself familiar with their culture! And last but not least...We on SAB act very stressed in regard to incriminating or self incriminating posts! Its a tricky situation to run a enthnobotanical forum in Australia and i have great respect for that! So should you! bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

neo1 this is a fact you might not like it but no amount of argument is going to change the fact that introduced disease & or pests can have a huge impact on the plants & animals in any country

Here in Australia for example it is an offense to take fruit & vegetables from one state into other states because the introduction of fruit fly can have a huge impact on foods as well as the export of said foods

Im sure if you do some research on the subject you will understand why we & most other country's have these laws , im sure there are hundreds of examples of pests & viruses & diseases introduced to country's that have had a significant impact on the economy, peoples health as well as plants & wildlife

eg..introduced pests & diseases

Well then, let just all stay really fearful then!! stop all trade!!! right now!!

Neo, i´m just missing my breakfeast because of this thread! And i´m a little bit stressed because of this so i make it very short and easy to understand! You cant over-simplify things like you did! Yes, sometimes plants slip through and nothing happens! Sometimes customs seize a plant and just send a letter! True, that happens! I´ve seen it myself! Sometimes police decides that its not worth to raid a junkie appartment! Or they assume you didnt know better that the plant is on the list, etc! But i also saw that people got arrested for less! You never know in Advance! If you are willing to take that risk ok! But most people here arent! And my second point of concern ist that you have to respect the rules of a country you dont really know! Thats why Hunab is so extremely pissed! Australians had to suffer a lot from foreigners that just dont care about their wildlife & Ecosystem! This country has a long history of alien intruders that totally screwed the original wildlife! Your a guest on an international forum so it would be appropriate that you make yourself familiar with their culture! And last but not least...We on SAB act very stressed in regard to incriminating or self incriminating posts! Its a tricky situation to run a enthnobotanical forum in Australia and i have great respect for that! So should you! bye Eg

I do have respect for SAB, and I write him daly TELLING HIM SO!!!

I sure he thinks I am real nut job, however at this point in my life after going through the type of shit I been through, I could care less if people like me or think what ever they want of me! All the matter is I know I am a good person, and that's fucking it!! fuck what people think in general. I give a fuck what people fucking think. I have learned people are going to think what the fuck they want anyways. So fuck it.

But hell yea, I got much respect for SAB, your damm right I do.

I got more respect for SAB then any body out there.

Edited by neo1

edited

Edited by neo1

Sometimes I use swear words when I'm passionate about things too...anyways I hope you have fun growing your plants and don't get into any trouble importing or exporting them across strange borders.

Hows your Iboga going..?

H.

Neo1,

Your allowed to express your own opinion just like everyone else but the excessive swearing and insults are not OK, if you keep it up you will receive a 'warn point' and your posts will have to be reviewed before becoming visible on the S&P Exchange forum.

It would be appreciated if you could edit your posts so that the word 'fuck' is brought down to a minimum...

Hunab, try not to let your self get drawn into the argument mate, its going nowhere and I think its pretty clear that most of your opinions and ideas (both overt and subtle) are being lost on Neo1 so there isn't much point continuing.

I feel that this has been discussed about as far as it will go before looping back around on its self, so unless further posts are on topic + constructive/informative I will lock the thread.

Neo, read my post again! I did not say that your a junkie! But thats one of the reasons why cops dont bother to make you trouble! bye Eg

Sometimes I use swear words when I'm passionate about things too...anyways I hope you have fun growing your plants and don't get into any trouble importing or exporting them across strange borders.

Hows your Iboga going..?

H.

edited

I don't have one...........................

Edited by neo1

Neo & Teo...the laws for all countries differ because of various reasons..for instance, Australia has the strictest quarantine and border controls/patrols of all for very good reasons...the introduction of outside plants and animals can cause considerable damage to local flora and fauna by introducing pests, virus's, disease and a myriad of other issues. The problems can affect native habitats and have a devastating effect on farming and native wildlife. Australians are extremely proud of the raw natural beauty of the bush and outback and strongly believe in protecting and preserving it for generations to come. Shall we just let you 2 scrubbers exchange any old plants across our borders because you think its ok and the authorities don't have a clue..really come on..wise up you two...you need to understand why such tough laws are enforced...I for one wouldn't like to see Australia's native habitat become extinct or riddled with disease because of the carelessness of a few. When you introduce a new species to a continent you have no idea how it will impact until the damage if any has been done. Lets say 1 Iboga gets through and is unknowingly carrying some insect in the soil or under the leaf that you can't see..plant gets planted..insects fly off or crawl off looking for more food and start breeding.. can you see what I'm saying..same if that 1 plant has a fungal issue and that fungus is not here in this country..it can travel and wipe out potentially anything...its unknown till the damage is done...Pollen can travel many miles as can seed blow off into all directions and all of a sudden in the space of ten years there can be a major problem.

Ya dude like all I'd have to do is throw some Peyote seeds out the window it would devstate your land scape!

Don't act like the Oz government only makes invasion weeds and such illegal... how bad do you think Salvia would be for the eviroment? I bet you couldn't get Salvia to grow outdoors in Oz if you tryed! Same thing with Kratom.... and if you could I bet the threat of it spreading and destroying natural plant life would be next to nothing.

Name the botanicals/animals which have already damaged Oz.... are any psychoactive?

Ya dude like all I'd have to do is throw some Peyote seeds out the window it would devstate your land scape!

Don't act like the Oz government only makes invasion weeds and such illegal... how bad do you think Salvia would be for the eviroment? I bet you couldn't get Salvia to grow outdoors in Oz if you tryed! Same thing with Kratom.... and if you could I bet the threat of it spreading and destroying natural plant life would be next to nothing.

Name the botanicals/animals which have already damaged Oz.... are any psychoactive?

Look man, its not about that, its about the stupid ass laws. Its got nothing to do with safely I don't believe. I think its all BS. But that just me. But I guess we have to "try" and respect the laws of Aussie land. Not that I think its right, because I don't.

edited

Edited by neo1

Look man, its not about that, its about the stupid ass laws. Its got nothing to do with safely I don't believe. I think its all BS.

Thats exactly what I'm saying.

your both totally missing the point introduced pests, disease, insects, soil fungi, the list gos on

Its not just psychoactive plants we are talking about

Souvenirs, wood products, soil from vehicles shoes, plant & animal materials are all of high risk. You only need to do some research on the subject to know these are the FACTS & why we & almost every country has customs & quarantine laws

GOOGLE IT you just may learn something

Results 1-10 of about 182,000 for examples of introduced pests & disease into countries

Surely you can understand the facts ? here is one of the 182,000 plus links that may help you understand why country's have these laws not only in Australia but the us & Canada & most other country's >>LINK<<

Any how im truly sorry to the starter of this thread for the way its been hijacked & hope they can find what they are looking for without breaking any quarantine or international laws.

Edited by mac

your both totally missing the point introduced pests, disease, insects, soil fungi, the list gos on

Souvenirs, wood products, soil from vehicles shoes, plant & animal materials are all of high risk. You only need to do some research on the subject to know these are the FACTS & why we & almost every country has customs & quarantine laws

Surely you can understand the facts ? here is one of the 182,000 plus links that may help you understand why country's have these laws not only in Australia but the us & Canada & most other country's >>LINK<<

Any how im truly sorry to the starter of this thread for the way its been hijacked & hope they can find what they are looking for without breaking any quarantine or international laws.

STOP TRADING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN!!!!!

That will fix it!!!

STOP TRADING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN!!!!! stay fearful!!!!

I took a botany class in collage I learn all about it!!!(its not the end of the world man) Shit happens!!, stop trading already!!! Then that will fix the problem!! stop plane tickets, people going back and forth, and so forth!! Get rid of trade all to together!!!! I am sorry man, That the only way to stop it!!

That will fix it!!! I think you worry too much. plus I believe if the plant is heathy to began with, there shouldn't be a problem anyway!!

Edited by neo1

I truly don't believe that's possible!!!

There are correct ways to lower the risks like liquid media transported in sterile containers , fumigation etc

Edited by mac

STOP TRADING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN!!!!! stay fearful!!!!

I took a botany class in collage I learn all about it!!!(its not the end of the world man) Shit happens!!, stop trading already!!! Then that will fix the problem!! stop plane tickets, people going back and forth, and so forth!! Get rid of trade all to together!!!! I am sorry man, That the only way to stop it!!

That will fix it!!! I think you worry too much. plus I believe if the plant is heathy to began with, there shouldn't be a problem anyway!!

dude with spelling and grammer like yours i'm seriously amazed you made it through high school.

sorry for nit picking but your long winded, sarcastic remarks are bordering on offensive. i might take them a little more seriously if they had correct spelling, punctuation etc and didn't have so many exclamation marks. putting !!!!!!!!!!! at the end of every sentence only makes you come across like a little kid having a tantrum and stamping their feet.

i also apologise to whoever started this thread. it's gone on way too long and waaay off topic..

:slap:

Neo, you are possibly the most ignorant person I've ever heard in regard to quarantine laws. They are there to protect our flora and fauna - end of story. Your arguments look like a child trying to argue with a wise old man. Do yourself a favour and stop posting - even if it is only for the respect of the original poster.

Its not about being fearful of diseases coming to eradicate us, its about looking after our country's landscape and the plants and animals that are native here. Look into things like the cane toad and prickly pear and you'll get a feel for why we have such strict quarantine laws.

Ya I'm done.

Sorry guys.

:slap:

Neo, you are possibly the most ignorant person I've ever heard in regard to quarantine laws. They are there to protect our flora and fauna - end of story. Your arguments look like a child trying to argue with a wise old man. Do yourself a favour and stop posting - even if it is only for the respect of the original poster.

Its not about being fearful of diseases coming to eradicate us, its about looking after our country's landscape and the plants and animals that are native here. Look into things like the cane toad and prickly pear and you'll get a feel for why we have such strict quarantine laws.

I am done too

I'm sorry your right, I am wrong............. I would stay in very fearful mind state if I were you about plant disease and what not.

In fact, I think i am going to pray about it...... tonight!! yes, we need all these law to protect us... much respect...

see you

cheers

Edited by neo1