The Corroboree
drugo

Mushroom ID centre-coastal QLD

My son found these mushrooms out behind the house in the cow fields. In mountains east of Rockhampton. We were wondering if someone could accurately identify them. We have a feeling that they are poisonous and potentially illegal therefore should be descarded of.

Much love.

post-5102-1232840179_thumb.jpg

Edited by mooksha

My son found these mushrooms out behind the house in the cow fields. In mountains east of Rockhampton. We were wondering if someone could accurately identify them. We have a feeling that they are poisonous and potentially illegal therefore should be descarded of.

Much love.

look a bit like "blue meanies" to me but I could be wrong.

cheers

Hutch :wink:

look a bit like "blue meanies" to me but I could be wrong.

cheers

Can't say what mushrooms these are at pres but NO WAY are these blue meanies.

Potentially poisonous but don't know that poisonous mushrooms are illegal.

As for the illegal mushrooms, is there any reason why you may suspect these as being such.

The gills look quite grey.

Can't say what mushrooms these are at pres but NO WAY are these blue meanies.

Not even close ey, and Hutch, please don't ID unless you know what your talking about because one day it might kill someone.

I there any bluing of the bruised/broken mushroom material?

The pics make it appear not but they may be deceiving.

Peace

Not even close ey, and Hutch, please don't ID unless you know what your talking about because one day it might kill someone.

I there any bluing of the bruised/broken mushroom material?

The pics make it appear not but they may be deceiving.

Peace

I did say I could be WRONG but I get your meaning, I didnt suggest that anyone put one in their mouth and at least its got the ball rolling, the guy did ask the question on the 23rd of jan. :wink: sometimes even us dumb newbies are intitled to an opinion, how else do we learn?.

something very simular grows from the wide bay and central queensland region all year round when we have had a good drenching, particually in dam overflows after a few days rain. afof tells me that potentcy is much stronger in winter than summer.

Learn by reading.

Google image search for blue meanies and see just how far off you were...

If you were remotely close, e.g if they looked close to the mushroom you named, or if the names were similar and easily confused then I wouldn't have been so blunt. But you were so so so far off...Thats why I spoke up a bit.

Peace

Edited by G*P

can someone help me out coz i think i would easily mistake these for cubensis! orange top seems like blue bruising ? psilocybe cubensis yes or no ? and if no why not ?

I instantly thought cubensis (a guess) - cowfields, Rockhampton, January - it adds up IMO and the shrooms definately look very cube-esque.

However, remember the golden rule of mushrooms: if you dont know with absolute certainty what it is, dont eat it.

mike the main reason they're impossible to ID as cubes is because they have no ring. Rings can rub off occasionally but three specimens each without rings probably means they're not cubes.

Secondly, there is no obvious blueing, particularly where the stem has been snapped and broken, where the blueing should be. There is some blue colouration on the one on the right but impossible to tell for sure without seeing them in person.

What's more if anything the bruising looks yellowish near the base of the stems.

G*P seems to think they're cubes, and is happy to hang shit on this forum and bag out the rest of Australia for not being as 'knowledgeable' as him but no way in hell i'd be happy IDing them as cubes. There are Stropharias and other Psilocybes they could be as well.

At the end of the day, unless you've done a spore print, you have obvious blueing, and all the other features match up, you shouldn't risk it.

mike the main reason they're impossible to ID as cubes is because they have no ring. Rings can rub off occasionally but three specimens each without rings probably means they're not cubes.

Secondly, there is no obvious blueing, particularly where the stem has been snapped and broken, where the blueing should be. There is some blue colouration on the one on the right but impossible to tell for sure without seeing them in person.

What's more if anything the bruising looks yellowish near the base of the stems.

G*P seems to think they're cubes, and is happy to hang shit on this forum and bag out the rest of Australia for not being as 'knowledgeable' as him but no way in hell i'd be happy IDing them as cubes. There are Stropharias and other Psilocybes they could be as well.

At the end of the day, unless you've done a spore print, you have obvious blueing, and all the other features match up, you shouldn't risk it.

Hey, i'm not hangin shit -

Much.

But, its a deadly game, this one- and its a crap habit to perpetuate blah blah without being certain of the facts. I've read a variety of threads here that seem more like opinions, than moderated information which can become dangerous.

Woudln't you agree, that'd be cool to have some resident gurus who know more than just erowid regurge around here?

An actual mycologist or 2?

Sorry, I haven't been her long- but I am an information elitist.

My unrelated point was that we need to foster precise information, and cultivate educated entheogenescists and psychonauts.

And, I think we all should be.. and responsible for passing on first hand knowledge and experience, not speculation and disinfo articles.

Peace

p.s I see remnants of the veil in 2 of those shrooms, and the 3rd with bluing could have been below the photo frame.

Fuck it, sorry for being a troll.

You're right to an extent G*P, and the shroomery has a better setup for ID'ing as they have posting rules and demand good information and generally know their identification shit better. That's why i'd encourage ID posts to that place rather than here, but this forum has a lot of very knowledgeable people, and i've learned a hell of a lot from reading this site, more and better information than the shroomery in many instances, ie: on Pan subbs in Australia and the Ps. tasmaniana just for starters.

I'd do my ID threads there and my in depth Australian species discussion here..

My only point about these particular mushrooms is Mycot and ME probably did the right thing and didn't ID them, since you can't really tell for sure what they are. Sure they might be cubes, (as well they might be many things) but i wouldn't speculate given the particular ID problems, because it is as you say, a deadly game.

It also doesn't help that people don't post up proper macro shots of the mushroom...particularly in its original freestanding position in the ground..so many people pick lookalikes and then snap a pick 10 hrs later when they get home and want an answer cause they are convinced its a cube...rules should be..no spore print and no macro shots no ID'ing..it is a deadly game and some peoples guess's around the boards sometimes are just so far off the mark its insane. If you are not 100% sure then do not reply to the question period.

For what its worth with this post I agree with UG there is no sign of a veil and no blueing..crap pictures with un fresh fruits.

H.

SWIM ate them and had some really special times. Very low doses of psylocibin.

I'm guessing cubes then. They had rings before washing, sorry for shit pics, this is all rather new to me.

SWIM ate them and had some really special times. Very low doses of psylocibin.

I'm guessing cubes then. They had rings before washing, sorry for shit pics, this is all rather new to me.

Same things we collect here after rain and it doesn't matter what time of the year it is as long as there has been a fair soaking but summer is best. The correct name for these may not be blue meanies but a hell of a lot of people out here call them that. We are miss guided fools out this way :lol:

I do hope though Mooksha that your friend didn't injest them based on anything I said. What most of the smarter people on this forum say about the dangers of eating the wrong fungus is real. People do die, so it does pay to check things out first. Maybe we could call them the "Mooksha's Meanies" or 'Hutch's Heavenly Harvest" :P

Cheers