The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
chilli

Synchronicity: New Age Fantasy or Face of the Future?

"'Parts relate to whole, the chain holds on, and where it ends, unknown'

– Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man

Most people have some inkling as to the meaning of the word synchronicity.

“Chance? Coincidence? Signs?” they’ll usually reply if asked.

Religious fundamentalists and conservatives tend to have a knee jerk reaction to the idea synchroncity, seeing it as the workings of the devil.

Meanwhile, materialistic skeptics usually dismiss synchronicity as some kind of flaky New Age fantasy.

More mature psychologists, theologians and thinkers, however, are seriously considering the implications that synchroncity might have for cosmology and ethics in the 21st century and beyond."

Read the rest of the article: http://epages.wordpress.com/2008/05/24/syn...-of-the-future/

I've been pondering this since new years. Coincidence much?

the tiny non-rational part of me believes in synchronicities. john lilly proposed that a superconsciousness known as the earth cosmic control office (ECCO) guides human evolution by implanting thoughts into the minds of people and makes them think that these thoughts are their own. these events manifest themselves as cooincidences, but lilly said that the prerequisite for ECCO to become known to you is that you need to believe that they exist. all quite fanciful thinking really, but nevertheless:

several years ago, i was e-mailing a friend about doing something illegal e.g. consuming drugs. he chided me for my non-chalant nature regarding e-mail security, that it was very simple for the federal police to intercept our e-mails. to which i replied, close to verbatim: "maybe e-mails are the least of our worries. maybe they can read our minds as well, and they only make themselves known when you believe that they exist"

as i was finishing my sentence, at that very moment, i kid you not, the light bulb in my room popped off and fell to the floor. not in the sense that it wasn't fitted correctly and became unscrewed, but the round glass bowl part of the bulb popped off cleanly from the rest of the bulb. i was in complete darkness and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. this has never happened to me before, nor has it ever since.

so there you go. i go through phases thinking it was just a random cooincidence, and at times i think it was a sign.

the difference between a coincidence and a synchronicity is the meaning experienced/attached to it...........

t s t .

the difference between a coincidence and a synchronicity is the meaning experienced/attached to it...........

does that explain why so many synchronicities occur when one is tripping?

and why ketamine fiends tend to report increases in the occurence of synchronicities

does anyone think that particularly hefty acid trips produce some kind of pure synchronicity? what i mean is, one subjectively (?) experiences synchronicity almost completely.. perhaps because other dimensions are perceived, and their perceived content is able to link everything up from the normal dimensions when they may not have been linked otherwise.

i might have a different understanding to most people or the official definition. when noticed, a synchronicity points to cosmic mechanisms normally beyond perception, mechanisms that link things which don't normally seem to be linked. this reveals everything to be like a tangled loop of string. the loop is so tangled that you cannot just look at the full picture, it's a mystery, even the fact that it's a tangled loop of string is a mystery, let alone the precise nature of the knot. every relationship between visible components is pondered, trawling for patterns, and maybe a low-res image of the whole knot can be imagined? this is a great mystery, but i guess every knot can be unraveled, and will be when it's pitted against a relentless consciousness which probably created the knot just to untangle it. i hope my analogy isn't too crappy and the whole idea can be reconciled with the real definition of synchronicity. to sum it up, hidden mechanisms are glimpsed when visible mechanisms interact by means beyond their mundane nature.

i haven't found synchronicity to be particularly significant, although i guess they can be. they're an ever-present (usually invisble) byproduct of a highly intricate and connected cosmos inhabited by literally infinite consciousness.

Is anyone else here Experiencing 11:11 and other recurring number synchronicitys?

I have experienced this for as long as I can remember and get it almost everyday.

So many times over the years I wake up only to glance over my shoulder to check the time and it being exactly 11:11 and then waking almost every hour to 12:12, 1:11 etc

I am getting it on Retail Dockets, Time stamps on ATM receipts, Mp3 data etc.

There are numerous other number combinations in different situations reoccuring

everyday that are too constant to be coincidental?

Groups of numbers added up then reduced to a single number always turning out to be the number 9.

My Birthdate for example 20/6/1981 = 9

November 11 is the 315th day of the year 3+1+5 = 9

And I just took a quick look around the Net and found these TidBits!

This is a long post so I hope people can take the time to read it!

Rememberance day is 11thhour 11day 11th month.

09/11/01 - 9/11 - September 11 Attacks in NYC.

03/11/04 - 3/11 - Madrid Bombings.

07/11/06 - 7/11 - Mumbai (formerly Bombay) train bombings.

Twin Towers - standing side by side, looks like the number 11.

The first plane to hit the towers was Flight 11 by American Airlines or AA -> A=1st letter in alphabet so we have 11:11

The first tower collapsed in eleven seconds.

Encarta World Atlas says that New York City and the World Trade Centre fall exactly on 74 degrees west, 7+4 = 11.

Flight #11 - 2 pilots + 9 attendants = 11 in the crew .

Flight #175 - 65 on board - 6+5=11.

Flight 93 crashed into a Pennsylvania field at 10.10 AM, remove the zeroes = 11

September 11th is the 254th day of the year: 2+5+4 = 11

The date of the attack: 9/11 - 9 + 1 + 1 = 11

After September 11th there were 111 days left to the end of the year.

State of New York - 11th State added to the Union.

New York City emergency is 911.

The American Zip Code for NYC is 10001.

The number of storeys of the World Trade Centre was 110 (2x) 110 - 110 11:11

The World Trade Center was built from 1966 to 1977... taking 11 years.

Construction of the Pentagon began (the ground breaking ceremony) September 11th, 1941.

The Bali bombings occurred 1 year, 1 month, and 1 day after the September 11th attacks.

Names, events and places that add up to 11 letters.

BERLIN WALL COMES DOWN 11.11.89

Yasser Arafat dies 11.11.2004

Nelson Mandela released - 11th February 1990

First telephone call by Alexander G. Bell - 11th March 1876

US Civil War began - 11th April 1861-12th April 1861

Boer War began - October 11th 1899

Lourdes vision seen - 11th February 1858

Jesus Christ = 11 letters

George w Bush = 11 letters

Barack Obama = 11 letters

Mohamed Atta = 11 letters (the pilot that crashed into the World Trade Center)

Paul Tibbets = 11 letters (the pilot of plane that bombed Hiroshima with atomic bomb)

Ramzi Yousef = 11 letters (orchestrated the attack on the World Trade Center in 1993)

New York City = 11 letters

Nikola Tesla = 11 letters

Skyscrapers

Josef Stalin

Ayrton Senna

John McEnroe

NIKOLA TESLA

Shimon Perez

Mount Carmel

KEANU REEVES

Mohamed Omar,

Ariel Sharon

Harry Potter

Jesus Christ

David Blaine

Nostradamus

Air Force One,

George W. Bush

Bill Clinton

Jimmy Carter

Antony Blair

Derren Brown

Saudi Arabia

Colin Powell U.S. Secretary of State

Adolf Hitler

Hani Hanjour attacked the Pentagon,

Mohamed Atif, Osama Bin Laden's partner,

Kalashnikov Osama Bin Laden carries with him

Karachi City

Pearl Harbor.

Star of David.

Red Crescent.

The Red cross.

The Civil War

War on terror

World war one

World war two

World war III

Afghanistan

The Pentagon = all have 11 letters.

Revelations. The book of revelations is powerful and has significant meaning relating to these numbers! You might want to read these verses 101, 1001, 1010. 1011, 1101, 1110, and 1111.

War Declared is eleven letters.

Multiply 1111 by 1111 you get 1234321, representing a pyramid, and number 11 is a sacred number of the pyramid with the proportions of the great pyramid being of the ratio 7:11.

Eleven is also a number harmonious with Pi.

One and one is also the beginning of the Fibonacci curve, a universal pattern of nature found in everything from conch shells to galaxy spirals.

I have more that I cant be stuffed posting ATM.

This is most interesting and intreging And its getting stronger, I beleive it is a wake up to something big, Maybe something tied to 2012?

Edited by DreamingNagual

I love this shit... I notice a lot of the numbers are odd numbers and a fair few are prime numbers also..I've had a lot of syncro with odd numbers since I was kid...maybe cause I'm a little odd myself.. :P well thats what my folks say anyways..I used to be a bit of a gambler for years and I allways used odd numbers as my numbers to bet with..specially with the gee gees. I even developed a bet that was a certain winner..a first four bet on the horses..that involved making 18 bets on a race a first four bet..they usually pay hundreds of thousands..to make the bet though takes $5000 dollars..lol.. Ive never had $5000 in my pocket in my whole life. I use odd numbers for everything..the strereo volume has to be an odd number when I turn the dial..the radio in the car can only be an odd numbered radio tuning..it goes on and on..when I heat something in the microwave it has to be an odd number..LOl..yes very odd.

great post though..it has a lot of energy.

H.

LOL i read this at 5.31 pm

My first, middle and family name all have 6 letters, 666.

Although I'm open minded to it, i tend to believe that everything about life is just one big coincidence. I think the only reason we are here is because this place at this time supports what we no as life. I don't think there's any reason for us being here, it's just one big coincidence.

My Birthday June 20!

In the Gregorian calendar the June solstice dates vary. For example, it occurs on June 20 in 2008 and on June 21 in 2009. The next date when the June solstice falls on June 20 will be in 2012.

why is david blain in the list? and i'm pretty sure there is an H in anthony blair. i found the copied text interesting but not sure about the list of words with eleven letters. eleven seems like a good number of letters for stuff, especially names. radioactive. biochemical. home and away. it's pretty scary but probably a... coincidence! just kidding. i doubt it's even that.

"David Blaine", has an E on the end of his name!

www.davidblaine.com

As for Anthony Blair, I think you are right it does seem to have an H in the name!

Thanks for pointing that out Thunder.

I ALWAYS come across the number 420.

As you said, on receipts, phone numbers, car park numbers, when I look a the clock, etc.

My girlfriend was born on the 20th of April (04/20/xx in american), which was also the date my parents were married. (And Hitler was born- not that i like that, but in a weird way, did contribute to my existence)

I was looking at buying a new phone online, and was unsure about it until i saw the offer number was 420.

I measured a panachoi out of curiosity the other day and it was 42cm.

I have a party on this weekend and the house number is 420.... it goes on.

I only learnt a couple of years ago that it was code for mary... since then i guess i have been actively trying to see it... i mean if 340 was the code, I'd probably see that everywhere (what do they call that - the blue car effect?) ...but it still freaks me out once in a while.

High Gromit, I also get the # 420 popping up in weird places & shit!

And Hunab, I am obsessed with the odd number thing too!

When I was 9yrs old I used to do the "She loves me, She loves me not" thing

where you pull the petals off flowers like daisies & stuff.

One day I asked in a prayer if "Gods" Number was odd or even and started plucking petals,

Well I went thru 5 flowers & all came back with the answer being an odd number!

From that day on I have associated everything in my life around odd numerals & strange coincidences of odd numbers began popping up everywhere!

As Gromit said, I considered the "Blue Car effect" But I am convinced of something "Bigger" at play here! Too many coincedences too be just that, Coincedence!

organic pattern machines, seeking & finding. top work guys :D

nagual.. i didn't mean david blaine has the wrong number of letters. along with keanu reeves and harry potter, i didn't really see how it fits in with the rest of the list (which has a kind of revelations theme)

Is David Blaine a street performer magician type?

I just looked at Derren Brown, also an 11. I don't see a specific theme running here, other than 11 itself, being some kind of magickal number symbolising self similarity - hence rememberance day, we remember past wars and those that died, because we are the same people today. Other war time 11's might be an unconscious magnetism to the symbol of a singular identity, all wars are self destructive if we are all one. If the 'coincidence' of acts of war being matched to the number 11 carries any meaning, its' to remember who we're fighting against.

Dunno about Blaine, but Derren Brown is a catalyst for consciousness evolution, re: synchronicities and shared mindspaces, so the 11 is especially apt.

Edited by The Dude

blaine is an illusionist (magician) AFAIK. south park had an episode where there was a cult of 'blainetology' and all the kids became blainetologists, but AFAIK he's just an illusionist who got quite a bit of publicity.

i see 11:11 all the time or 12:12 or 5:55 etc etc. most common is 11:11 & 3:33.

i don't really have an opinion on it. it is kind of strange tho, because i don't look at clocks very often, but a very large proportion of the time that i do, i get this....

i've had quite a few other experiences with 'synchronicity' which have struck me as very memorable...but i'm going to bed now & couldn't be fucked talking about it :)

Patterns suggest sophisticated information, so whether we are perceiving patterns outside of ourselves or creating them with connections in our mind, doesn't either deserve further exploration, especially on a forum largely populated by people who are supposedly interested in exploring their minds through non-conventional means?

Exploring the sunconscious or what is "out there" both seem like important pursuits to me, the inner and outer worlds of experience. I accidentally misspelt subconscious, but will leave it as is as I think it's an appropriate pun.

But maybe they are not as sharply divided as we think? They are after all separated from one another only by our sense perceptions and abstract and animal reasoning processes.

Having said that, number syncs seem like a very common thing compared to the kinds of complexity of symbols that seem to be bleeding through the fabric of reality. I have always experienced these and I know a lot of others do as well. Once you get it in your head, you start to notice it everywhere. Even though it always seems like it's 11:11 or 11:33 when I check the time etc, it seems more easily explained by mundane theories than some of the syncs I have been perceiving in recent months, probably for a year or so now, almost everytime I watch anything coming out of Hollywood or NYC.

Maybe its the same process, but if it is it seems much more frequent and intense and... meaningful. It also seems much less able to be explained by my just noticing it, as it seems like these symbols saturate everything I watch or think about, but I suppose that would be the same if it was in my mind as well.

Does anyone perceive recurring symbols and.or themes in popular culture that are unrelated to and seem to persist across different programs around the time of synchronicities?

If so, have you ever discovered any rational reason, or common threads between them that would indicate this possibility, in your own mind or outside of it?

Edited by Sublime Crime