The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

What the hell is happening in OZ

Ban nude bathing

No Australian flags allowed

No smoking on the beach...soon to be no smoking on the street.

No growing any mescaline containing Cactus in QLD..that is just laughable.

Greedy councils poaching millions out of working Australians pockets with unnecessary Hitler style parking infringement notices.

Web filtering...soon to be implemented.

Plus all that other shit Julian and Torsten are talking about in another thread...making me fucking paranoid more than I have any need to be.

and now I have my wife tell me that the NSW premier wants to ban toddlers from the beach...

My little one loves the beach and we enjoy watching her have fun in the sun and sand...

What the fuck is happening here...its turning into a cotton wool society...protect the children has gone too far now.

I am absolutely lost for words about some of this stuff..

pissed off big time...!!!... :ana: am really wanting to smash some skulls at the offices of the cunts who pass these laws.

H.

Rather than the whole society taking responsibility for a small group of negligent parents (and I do not include those who have been involved in tragic accidents where they were being responsible and the situation was simply out of their hands) why do we not just spend more time teaching the parents. Subsidise swim school, and teach basic first aid in year 7 and again in year 10 (for example).

Same deal with the internet, to stop terrorism/psychos looking to hurt people with bombs or whatever the gov are worried about them looking up, as if they wont find a way to hurt people anyway. 9/11 is a good example...you don't need to uncover the engineering of a 747 to know it would made a decent bomb.

And as for protecting kids on the internet...again this is the parents responsibility, I was told (and as such dont state this as fact) that the gov's old filter is available on disc, and their are many other programs (netnanny etc) to do this job at an end user level. And parents keep an eye on your kids...dont give them a pc in their room until they are at an age where this is less of an issue (and let the parent select that age to match their kid and their views) and just keep watch on them (don't go US gov on them, just a bit of watch).

I'm not a parent and so I know I'm only talking from experience from being a child, but would most parents agree that these are ready enough precautions?

Its a big bad world...better to not cotton wool your kid (oh and of course the cautionary dipping of that cotton wool in antiseptics), probably better to let them learn from their mistakes, and to make the mistakes to learn from.

Peace

Edit: oh and the no topless sunbathing thing is just a joke... I honestly don't consider it terribly offensive to see a woman's nipple on a beach, and I feel as if to a child this would not pose any sexual violation or exposure. Next will be the speedo because it displays the outline of a penis too offensively...oh and because pedo's wear speedo's...gotta protect the kids ya know...oh wait if we ban the kids they cant drown or be molested...woo team politicians.

Edited by MindExpansion

Cotton wool laws are usually a very low priority when the economy goes to shit, so at least we can look forward to a bit of a reprieve on that front for the next year or two.

Ban nude bathing

No Australian flags allowed

No smoking on the beach...soon to be no smoking on the street.

No growing any mescaline containing Cactus in QLD..that is just laughable.

Greedy councils poaching millions out of working Australians pockets with unnecessary Hitler style parking infringement notices.

Web filtering...soon to be implemented.

Plus all that other shit Julian and Torsten are talking about in another thread...making me fucking paranoid more than I have any need to be.

and now I have my wife tell me that the NSW premier wants to ban toddlers from the beach...

My little one loves the beach and we enjoy watching her have fun in the sun and sand...

What the fuck is happening here...its turning into a cotton wool society...protect the children has gone too far now.

I am absolutely lost for words about some of this stuff..

pissed off big time...!!!... :ana: am really wanting to smash some skulls at the offices of the cunts who pass these laws.

H.

Oh man, don't get me started on the parking maids... I live in the city, and everyone parts our front cause its the only street thats not metered... think i can get a park? Ever? lol. But i get a fine no worries :P

teach basic first aid in year 7 and again in year 10 (for example).
If you start a crusade for that make it international. It fucking boggles me that at no point in basic education or college is first aid a required course. Over here learning to play basketball (an utterly worthless skill for most) is often required but CPR is not. The WHO should start a campaign to get countries to make basic first aid required for graduating basic education.
No growing any mescaline containing Cactus in QLD
Is the QLD government gonna chemically analize the 1800+ untested cactus species for mescaline? :lol: I hope their results get posted to wikileaks.

hey atleast we here enjoying it :P

Enjoy it while it lasts, I feel that come the internet filtering SAB WILL be blocked.

Hope I'm wrong...but honestly.

Peace

Download the TOR Vidalia Privoxy bundle while you can so you know how to use it when the rabbit proof firewall goes up, not to mention that TOR download sites may be blocked as 'criminal accessory' sites.

Honestly TOR network has so few people running tor servers that using it is slow and a pain in the ass but when you need drug saftey information or unfiltered news it'll be worth the inconvenience.

In the year of 2008 the news site Wikileaks published more whistleblower stories than all other news media on earth combined including many classified or restricted military doccuments, not one whistleblower that submitted the story only to them and used TOR to do it was caught. It does work.

Regulation = fuel for the impending rebellion.

I'm hoping the dirty stinkin' bastard government will keep doin' whatever the fuck it is they do! With everything they criminalize comes a new wave of "criminals", the more crims - the more numbers for the said "impending rebellion". For every action etc...

Regulation turns people into criminals!!!

How many straight laced elderly folk are now technically crims up there in sunny Queensland???

FUCKIN' GOVERNMENT!!!

I don't wanna advocate violence but, I've abandoned the rules of social conformity, therefore I'll grow whatever I want, smoke, snort, eat/drink, shoot, stick up my ass etc anything I want and if any Government thugs wanna try and stop me I'll fight 'em all 1 on 1, 1 at a time and if they beat me I'll pretend to stop but, never will. Fuck-heads!!!

Edited by the germinator

i was born in 1984. do electric sheep dream of robots?

scared sad old world!

Regulation = fuel for the impending rebellion.

I'm hoping the dirty stinkin' bastard government will keep doin' whatever the fuck it is they do! With everything they criminalize comes a new wave of "criminals", the more crims - the more numbers for the said "impending rebellion". For every action etc...

Too true man, too true. By the time the revolution comes so many of out freedoms will have been taken away, people are gonna cut sick. It's stupid that a bunch of old cunts decide what's good for us and what's bad for us.

cheers

Viva la revoltuion.

With everything they criminalize comes a new wave of "criminals", the more crims - the more numbers for the said "impending rebellion". For every action etc...

Regulation turns people into criminals!!!

Very well put man, especially the last line.

But yeh, revolution will come the more regulations they make...heheh know what is funny.

Right now there are probably a few afp agents watching this and marking our names as terrorists because we talk of revolution hah.

Peace

Right now there are probably a few afp agents watching this and marking our names as terrorists because we talk of revolution hah.

Peace

Yeah, and not just on this forum. Though at least we don't have minister's staffers lurking here like on Whirlpool.