The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teotzlcoatl

Pedicularis and Cannabis?

Everybody knows that Pedicularis is "semi-parasitic", some say it may actually pick up toxins from poisounous plants, so you have to be careful when collecting it.

What if you grew Pedicularis around Cannabis plants? And allowed the Pedicularis to feed off the Cannabis's plants roots?

Then both buds could be harvested and mixed.

I would use Pedicularis densiflora and Pedicularis groenlandica planted around Cannabis sativa (high THC producing) plants.

Does anybody know of any vendors that sell Pedicularis seeds? Anybody have any Pedicularis seeds for trade?

How would you germanitate Pedicularis seeds? How do you cultivate Pedicularis?

I dont think Cannabis creates THC at the root system.

Questions about this particular plant always go unanswered for me, no matter where i ask....i await eagerly the answers to your questions.

Maybe i just don't ask nicely enough. More likely nobody knows Jack Palance about it.

broom rape[?] is a semiparasitic plant found in some parts of oz,which may have similar properties.

t s t .

Questions about this particular plant always go unanswered for me, no matter where i ask....i await eagerly the answers to your questions.

Maybe i just don't ask nicely enough. More likely nobody knows Jack Palance about it.

Main reason is that no one (that I know at least) in Australia has access to Pedicularis either dried or live.

Main reason is that no one (that I know at least) in Australia has access to Pedicularis either dried or live.

Yeah, true. I'll see if i can't get some past customs. Some fella said he was gunna help me out, then suddenly decided to stop answering emails (who could blame him, really)

@ t s t, cheers, will get on to what you suggested.

Edited by Re-Grifter

Probably 10 or more years ago--when Pedicularis first began to rear it's head in the online entheo community--there was quite a series of threads on Edot regarding the parisitic nature of the plant and how it could cannablize alkaloids from the root systems of other plants. I was sent a sample of Pedicularis that was indistinguishable from fine mj in effect, from someone who implied it was grown with cannabis.

Perhaps those threads were archived, but all memory of the identity of the person has faded.

I have tried other Ped. species and samples without ever again experiencing that particular effect.

I used to carrry various Ped. species on the site, but the people who used to gather them for me are no longer doing it. I still have a bit around, though

My other experiences with Ped. species strongly indicate an extremely effective sedative and skeletal muscle relaxant effect from more than one species; P. bracteosa, P. attollens, P. canadensis, P. densiflora, P. groenlandica and P. racemosa are all effective to varying degrees.

I honestly bet it's very much possible! This is amazing!

If it's possible, what's the point? At least in this state if it has an effective amount of THC it would still be illegal i think.

I have tried Pedicularis, both ordered from Friendly's site and another species sent to me by a friend from the old forums. They were both similar to me, with decent muscle relaxing/sedative properties. I don't think they were grown near anything, just had the normal Pedicularis constituents, I think.

If it's possible, what's the point? At least in this state if it has an effective amount of THC it would still be illegal i think.

From my understanding of the crappy legislation any plant containing THC 9 or any isomers ,analouges & homolouges is actually illegal to be in possession of , Further more THC is definitely not produced by the roots although I can think of a number of plants that may create an intresting combination of alkaloids. Cannabis probably isn't one.

Further more don't under estimate the authorities most of them seem like brainless tools , but unfortunately this isn't the case. Even if it is cannbis that is illeagl, You would find yourself in a

similar position to the gentlemen who tried to substitue ALD for LSD ( prior to Analouges & Homolouges legislation being enacted ) In court he argued that he was not in possession of LSD so could not be charged , however the prosecutor was aware ( at the time ) the process to make ALD , first required LSD to be synthisised . Basically if you got caught out the Authorities will simply say we understand that this is not cannabis however for the plant to have THC in it you must have originally grown it next to a plant containing THC , that being cannabis therefore they effectively prove you were in posssession of cannabis and charge you , although you'd more then likelly walk out of court free due to the complexity to prove the matter beyond reasonable doubt , but that would all be working on the theory that cannabis and not THC 9 was the illeagl substance.

I don't even live in Oz, I don't care about the laws. I just think it's interesting...

It could be done with other plants as you suggested.

Anybody got any botanicals which this may work well for?

I don't even live in Oz, I don't care about the laws. I just think it's interesting...

It could be done with other plants as you suggested.

Anybody got any botanicals which this may work well for?

sorry teotz , forglt got to look at your locality , I know U.S federal Law is somewhat similar in this regard Re: the whole THC thing

I would say many of your Sida sp. they have viable root alkaloids and since your in the US quite legal , I think? Calamus Sp. although not sure how viable it would be to get a parasitic plant to attach to the roots. datura and belladonna both have root based alkaloids could be intresting if thats your thing , not something I would be keen on but each to thier own. Acacia farnesiana looks like it also may be an intresting cantidate the tree is bubbling with all kinds of intresting substances would be very intrested to invesigate the alkaloid transferrance with that one. Punica granatum may also be intresting . I'm no botanist so I'm not sure if any of those suggestion would work I've solely based it on the ikntresting alkoloid combinations that may be created if such a host was possible.

So... I'll be sowing Pedicularis seeds very soon... wish me luck!