The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
cycle

Does Qi (Chi) energy exist?

Does Qi energy exist?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whatever it is psychedelics to in relation to dancing and that unmistakable magnetic movement, I use it.

Then I make the effort to remain mindful of it through my everyday life.

My life is not a hard one.

Dont know if it was Qi but I have had an experience of energy of some kind flowing from my body to my ladys hands.

We had the lights out and you could see this blue/white energy glowing as she moved her hands about 5 cm above my skin.

Has happened a few times and no mind altering substances had been consumed.

I have had an experience of energy of some kind flowing from my body to my ladys hands.

We had the lights out and you could see this blue/white energy glowing as she moved her hands about 5 cm above my skin.

Has happened a few times and no mind altering substances had been consumed.

Very similar (almost exactly the same) experience happened to me (a few times too). No visual element though, but very definite vibration-energy-flowy-stuff.

does sex and masturbation(particularly masturbation) deplete ur chi?(from what ive read/heard it does)

i have noticed how much healthier both physically and mentally i am , if i do not cum for 10 days.

is there truth in this?

i am truly starting to believe that blowing loads on a daily basis is extremely bad for ur health.

edit:my grandfather used to dows for water, he was REALLY good at it, he used to locate places to bore for water on people propertys back in the 50's and 60's.

he was extremely succesful despite local skeptisism.

some people say not necessarily ,its more about being aware of the energy of the orgasm and directing its flow how and where you want ,rather than just letting it go.

t s t .

some people say not necessarily ,its more about being aware of the energy of the orgasm and directing its flow how and where you want ,rather than just letting it go.

t s t .

Yeah into her hair is usually a pretty safe bet.

....And what can you do with it?

Dont know much about Qi myself, but i do like to flip out people with plant dowsing.. I can feel the magnetism/energy? run up my hand.

Not much shows up in the search engine [or anywhere really..] for dowsing so wondering if anyone here uses it??

Basically you hold a pendulum over a plant and when it rotates clockwise you have a female [positive] or if it oscillates side to side you have a male [negative].

Apparently this can be done with seeds/soil as well, but over a small plant demonstrates it easily. Cacti too. The idea is to select the positive seeds for better growth/yield.

Can of worms or irrelevant?

....And what can you do with it?

Can of worms or irrelevant?

I would say very relevant. You're the first person to address that part of the question. And welcome to the forums :)

I have heard that chi is an extension of the will, of the person who uses it. It takes many years to master and lots of meditation.

also found if i haven't been smoking pounds of weed and whatnot, i can pick it up quite easy energy flowing out of my hands and feet.

I don't try to control it, sometimes just bring my awareness to it.

Also if i do have a smoke and don't have a massive tolerance it makes it obvious.

psychedelics always makes it obvious,

Wouldn't want to tell my doctor about it for obvious reasons. :scratchhead: pretty sure it would trip him out.

maybe everything is an extension of the will. even senses. i recall a vision of eyeballs and hands etc all contriving from some source. in fact the whole lot was withering away to nothing in the vision, except i remember seeing an egg thing that didn't wither. i noted it but didn't think much of it.

then i read about shiva's lingam, i forget what it was but just then i wondered if the lingam is an egg. turns out that shiva's lingam is an egg. i forget if it had anything to do with will or why i brought this up, but just discovering now that it's an egg is surpr...... well.... actually no, it doesn't surprise me. i think the lingam had something to do with being a symbol, which points to shiva, and the fact that he is and creates from empty nothing. something like that.

the johnny chang video, he says his negative terminal is his perennium and his positive terminal is the naval area or i guess he means the dantien. probably accurate, although the few times i have felt like a battery (quite a battery), after nearly astral projecting (i think) and after really, really, really rooting myself (to the centre of the planet) (both experiences of overwhelming energy), i only remember that it surged from head to toe like a piston of electricity that threatened to tear me to bits. head to toe. doesn't mean the actual terminals aren't in those locations i guess. i was mainly skeptical of where he gets the artifact's spirit to speak by balancing it on something and surrounding it in positive chi, then it loses balance and falls over. the rest of it, if not a huge fake, is great.

There seems to be a fair bit of debate here. What is real? What is subjective? What is objective. Does something have to conform to known or accepted tools of measurement to be real? In the end, does it matter if it is real or not or is the end result what matters most? Who cares if it is real in any objective sense so long as it works. Study how or why it works or doesn't work rather than try to measure and quantify with archaic tools..

Does Qi exist? It exists if you believe it exists. What can you do with it? Depends on what you know you can do with it to a large extent.

Edited by Inyan

Anybody been watching this on ABC2:

Mind, Body And Kick Ass Moves

9:00pm Monday

A series which goes on location to China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and the Philippines to uncover the real martial arts masters who are said to possess ancient knowledge, secret skills and hidden techniques.

here's the youtube link:

I'll give a more detailed answer later, but for now I'll just say that I definitely feel something as an extension of my body when on certain substances, LSA in particular it's very obvious. Especially when sharing the experience with another lucky punter.

LOL just came in to post that nabraxas.

I've been catching it occasionally over the last 2 moths or so, only seen 2-3 episodes and i really enjoy it, sorta fluff hollywood style but not in the slightest in the same way (the presentation i mean)

I like how many different paths can harness the same and or similar energies, you've got the highly aggressive chi builders and the polar opposisite passive chi builders.

I think the way it was presented, or at least the parts i was focussing on were really well done and i without ever having really looked into this classification of energy, can put a few lightbulbs together about personal experienes of building and releasing those sorts of forces.

interesting show.

does sex and masturbation(particularly masturbation) deplete ur chi?(from what ive read/heard it does)

i have noticed how much healthier both physically and mentally i am , if i do not cum for 10 days.

is there truth in this?

i am truly starting to believe that blowing loads on a daily basis is extremely bad for ur health.

I think there's something to this. I don't think it's bad for your health but certainly just the act of copulating is an energy sapper, even if it is only a weak wank. I won't indulge for a couple of days before a journey now as I personally believe it is why the no sex rule exists. It's not about giving something up or being disrespectable but rather that you're in a more vital, aware frame of mind if you don't. I do my best to try and ignore my sexuality while journeying, it feels like a sidetrack.

Once I was coming on extremely quickly for some reason and got carried away and rubbed one out at the very start - bad move, it affected the rest of the journey noticably. I could feel things going on down there that I am usually not aware of.

It takes work for the body to produce semen that's for sure.

Since ancient times, Taoists have sought to tap the power of sexuality to heal the body, deepen love relationships, and achieve elevated states of enlightenment. The Chinese texts on sexology are the oldest in the world.

There are two kinds of Taoist "external" sexual cultivation (waidan gong). One branch is medical sexology methods focused on improving bodily health: qigong Qigong Definition

Qigong (pronounced "chee-gung," also spelled chi kung) is translated from the Chinese to mean "energy cultivation" or "working with the life energy. (chi kung) movements or self-massage, herbs or massage, acupuncture, or moxibustion for sexual dysfunction. These medical sexology practices focus on balancing the kidney and liver qi-functions. The kidney spirit or intelligence (which rules the prostate, testicles Testicles

Also called testes or gonads, they are part of the male reproductive system, and are located beneath the penis in the scrotum.

Mentioned in: Testicular Cancer, Testicular Surgery, Vasectomy , bladder, blood, and bone marrow) is responsible for generating sexual vitality, and the liver spirit regulates the genitals and expresses sexual qi. These are "single cultivation" practices, done alone.

The second branch is the "arts of the bedchamber" (fangzhong shu). These involve "dual cultivation," the exchange of physical fluids and subtle essences with a sexual partner. These practices focus more on the kidney-heart relationship as the axis of sexual volatility between two lovers. This outer alchemical water-fire relationship needs to be understood and brought into balance before one proceeds to alchemy meditation practice, the union of the inner male and female.

Sperm is the male storehouse of sexual energy or jingqi, which according to Chinese theory is lost through excessive sex and ejaculation. Modern science offers some confirming evidence: a single ejaculation may cost a male between 300 to 500 million spermatozoa, which could be used for rejuvenation. A scientific study showed that male nematode lived twice as long when they were biologically altered to prevent sperm loss. The conclusion: constant production of sperm taxes the male biologically. (Angier 1992). Men are on a much shorter twenty four hour sexual cycle than women's menstrual cycle, the main source of female energy loss. Once a man has ejaculated, on this short cycle he may want to release it again the next day.

The Taoist definition of "excessive" ejaculation varies according to body type, age, and climate. Ejaculation has less immediate impact on a healthy young male because of his abundance of jing. But all men must be especially careful during the winter, when kidney-qi moves inwards rather than out. In spring, it is healthy to ejaculate more. The core Taoist method is to slow down ejaculation during sex, so that men can draw out the essence from their sperm and recycle it around the body to nourish other energy centers and their partner. These practices include "Testicle Breathing" and "Drawing Up the Golden Nectar," a method of internally sucking sexual jingqi up the spine as if it were liquid in a straw.

This technique, also known as "reverting sexual energy to nourish the brain," has been known in Taoist literature for the past two thousand years. This meditation likely began as a sexual practice to rejuvenate the brain and evolved to become a spiritual practice as the qi was observed to spiral up the spine and down the chest, blending the fire and water qi of the body and eventually causing the Original Spirit to crystallize in the lower elixir field of the belly. Today the practice of circulating qi around the body is a famous Taoist meditation known as the Microcosmic Orbit. It creates a transitional pathway for qi flow between our inner male (yang) and inner female (yin) body channels.

It is not necessary to become celibate to gain the benefits of recycling sexual energy. Taoist sexual energy cultivation with a partner (or solo, through masturbation) allows one to satisfy the need for sexual pleasure without sacrificing, male life energy to the demands of constant sperm production. The Taoist methods of conserving seed essences simultaneously transmute that essence into internal spiritual processes.

The goal of the external sexual alchemy accordingly is to shift from a limited genital orgasm to a whole body orgasm. Slowing or stopping ejaculation does not prevent a man from having orgasm or being multi-orgasmic. Ejaculation is the physical release of sexual fluid caused by a mini-orgasm in the prostate gland, which pumps the semen so it has enough momentum to enter deep into the female uterus.

From the viewpoint of Taoist sexology, orgasm is defined by the pulsation of sexual energy and is not to be confused with ejaculation, which releases seed essence out the "ancestral muscle" or "jade stalk" (penis). Intensification and circulation of sexual qi can cause the rest of the meridians and organs to pulsate with stopping ejaculation. The danger for beginners holding their seed is they may also stop the qi-pulsation that creates orgasm. What works best is to focus on opening up the qi-channels and redirecting and recycling sexual qi before, during, and after orgasm. This is best accomplished through solo qigong training prior to attempting dual sexual energy recycling with a partner.

In this way, ejaculation is delayed while the circulating sexual, energy is being absorbed by other energy centers, vital organs, and meridians. If the qi has already largely been extracted from the semen, physical ejaculation at the end of a love-making session does not cause major loss of qi. Delaying ejaculation also allows the man to slow down his fire to stay in closer harmony with the woman's slower water cycle of arousal.

It is a practical way for men to solve the common problem of premature ejaculation. A combination of continuous "Testicle Breathing" and sexual foreplay to "warm the woman's stove" allow the male to match the longer female love-making cycle.

The short-lived genital orgasm transitions into a blissful, steady whole-body orgasm that pulses all organs and meridians. When this faster vibrating pulsation becomes conscious in the deeper Eight Extraordinary Vessels and the three elixir fields (dantian) in the belly, heart, and head, the practitioner experiences what can be described as a spiritual orgasm.

Success in this method requires training to do it properly and safely, otherwise the qi can be accidentally driven into the wrong energy channel and cause unpleasant side effects. Men who practice qigong first seem to have much faster success with sexual energy recycling, because their energy channels are open. Taoist medical sexology posits that poor diet, shallow breathing, negative emotions, and bad mental attitudes exhaust male sexual vitality as quickly as semen loss. Improving these with a regular meditation and qigong practice for least twenty minutes a day is key to preventing low sexual energy and many associated dysfunctions.

Excerpted with permission from article by Michael Winn (2002). "The Quest for Spiritual Orgasm: Taoist and Tantric Sexuality in the West" www.healingdao.com/cgibin/articles.pl

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Taoist+art+o...rgy-a0136262244

So, the idea then is to get snipped... i.e. a vasectomy to increase chi and your life span. That could solve a great many problems... food shortage, starvation, etc. Can you imagine if even 90% of the the male population was to get a vasectomy at 18 or 19 years of age? They could live longer lives and have stronger chi while at the same time fostering a solution to so many of the worlds problems. I'm not saying they should not seriously consider storing some of their sperm for future use in a bank vault somewhere... but it would cut down on the number of kids accidentally brought into this world before a young man or woman were ready to have a child.

More food for thought....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7109388/Mantak-C...m-Enlightenment

The above.. DMT via Taoist Dark room.... is some food for thought.

http://www.universal-tao.com/dark_room/schedule.html

The Lakota and other cultures have this same practice... its called the vision quest.

Edited by Inyan