The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
TheFriendlyPlanter

Drugs aren't so bad

If you can enjoy a little recreational-use and still do what Obama just did then I guess drugs just ain't that bad now are they... It's official. :P

?

Did anyone else get to see Oprah's comments about the people she encountered outside the rehab centre?

"We will even take the Drug Addicts Votes"

Priceless :rolleyes:

^^^ I just had to look that up on youtube and I kind of wish I hadn't now...

Apparently drug addicts shouldn't be allowed to vote. I'm more of the opinion that if they're not allowed to vote, then all the far right-wing Christian fundamentalists in America shouldn't be allowed to vote either. Those people are addicted to God, at least those people outside the detox place are willing to give being sober a shot; fundies remain addicted until they die.

"We will even take the Drug Addicts Votes" - Oprey

"Why, that's might white of you." - Clint

"What... even the black drug addicts oprey?" - me if i was there.

If you can enjoy a little recreational-use and still do what Obama just did then I guess drugs just ain't that bad now are they... It's official

hey there interdimentional..does/did obama enjoy the occasional?

very broadminded that oprah,lol

now christians,dont get me started they believe in angels demons miracles all kinds of psychotic shit and they practice ritual cannibalism!

t s t .

lets see what Obama gets caught doing over the next 4yrs..he might get busted chowin down some Lophs in his lunch break. How would people react to that I wonder. I'd have more respect for him...rather than a blow job from a muffin top secretary.

H.

Lol for those who didn't know, Barack Obama is also a big hope for major changes to drug policy in the US.

In his biography 'The Audacity of hope' he admits to using drugs when he was younger, and has made some remarkable statements in his run-up to the election such as my all time favourite... "We need to decriminalise the drug LAWS".

I'm just impressed that someone with a past record of drug use could remain that intelligent, articulate and go on to become (voted) president etc! I think it's just a testimony to the fact that the prohibitionist outlook on drugs is flawed, uninformed, and totally irresponsible.

I also believe that prohibition is preventing the world from utilizing a powerful tool to fight climate change ie hemp, so I'm very pleased to see a glimmer of hope for change but OBVIOUSLY words are cheap and only time will tell etc.

Check this out

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=cpBzQI_7ez8

& this

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=wQr9ezr8UeA&...feature=related

Lol for those who didn't know, Barack Obama is also a big hope for major changes to drug policy in the US.

In his biography 'The Audacity of hope' he admits to using drugs when he was younger, and has made some remarkable statements in his run-up to the election such as my all time favourite... "We need to decriminalise the drug LAWS".

funny, mccain nor the media seemed to jump on that one. first i heard of it.

maybee mccain has way more skeletons in relation to drugs and obama wasnt worried.

maybee a lcd party maniac in vietnam.

as opposed to a Plasma party in Korea..

H.

I'm just impressed that someone with a past record of drug use could remain that intelligent, articulate and go on to become (voted) president etc! I think it's just a testimony to the fact that the prohibitionist outlook on drugs is flawed, uninformed, and totally irresponsible.

While I like the fact that Obama admits it and that he seems to not think it to be such a terrible thing, and that the people seem to have not minded so much, and I do like to think that perhaps he will take the first realistic approach to the issue over there, I don't think you can say that because one guy who has smoked bud became president, the drug is fine... (and I'm not saying the laws aren't ridiculous...but on that I've had my rants)

Hopefully though, he goes on to actually do what he was talking about, and re-think the approach to drugs.

Peace

I think if anything it shoots the idea that "drugs are bad" in the foot. I mean if Obama smoked cones and did a little blow in his youth and became President, then i can too! The real tragedy IMO is that if Obama had been CAUGHT "doing a little blow" at a party when he was in college, he would never have been able to run for President, hell he would be lucky if he was able to run for anything. It's not the drug that does the damage, its the LAW that does the damage. Getting caught doing drugs as a kid might be infinitely more damaging than the drug itself could ever be.

oh i see...

lets hope America sneezes Australia catches a cold on this one

interesting wording.............decriminalise the drug laws..........not decriminalise the drugs........?

t s t .