The Corroboree
Chiral

AUSSIE Ayahuasca

Not that I'm a stalker or anything, but it's interesting to me to see where the OP started thier journey at this place

A piece of history if you will ;)

I'm dragging this topic up because it's interesting to me. So in peoples opinion does the egg white technique remove all of the tannins and crap from an acacia bark brew? I don't think I would ever have the guts to drink an acacia brew with all those tannins in it... I've seen enough dams that are surrounded by wattles and the colour of that water is just wrong! It looks like a cup of tea on major steriods... has anyone, (or anyones friend) ever tried drinking an obtusifolia reduction and used the egg white method?

I'm just interested is all. Wouldn't there still be major amounts of stomach and gut upsetting stuff in there?

Or has anyone, (or anyones friend...) tried a obtusifolia leaf tea?

Please don't incriminate yourself, I am just interested in the possibilities the plant world affords

cheers

The method of dropping in just the egg white into a still hot liquid extract of leaf does in fact work a treat, you have to fold it gently through the liquid so as not to break it up to much into tiny pieces. Once the egg white has cooked and turned white with the absorbed tannins you can then strain the liquid through a paper towel in a sieve into a collection vessel.

For extra clean liquid place it in the fridge for a few days and allow to settle then decant off the top clear stuff.

The egg white does work and gives the user a cleaner liquid and much less chance of encountering nausea.

far out.

and we are talking obtusi phyllodes here? what about the bark, wondering as folklore would suggest that this is where the dancing lady does more of her shaking than in the phyllodes.

so no nausea? and if able to compare, any more body load than caapi and psychotria?

cheers chiral

far out.

and we are talking obtusi phyllodes here? what about the bark, wondering as folklore would suggest that this is where the dancing lady does more of her shaking than in the phyllodes.

so no nausea? and if able to compare, any more body load than caapi and psychotria?

cheers chiral

Works a treat for phyllodes and is the recommended way with all leaf/light brewing...caapi included. Bark is a bitch as it's really dirty and could do with a few coffee filter cleans before coming near a final product to egg white up.

This is not a new method, and was passed on to me by another ethnohead, you know who you are... :wink: , I can concur that 2 local recent experiments did indeed show this to be a very very cool way to make a tryptamine brew from acacia leaf and reduce nausea.

Interesting indeed. There seems to be a real lack of information about acacia out there. Given that phyllodes are interesting via this method there seems little point to the bark stripping that I'm sure goes on due to info available online.

Is this information widely appreciated because I hadn't come across it before. I was under the impression that the tannins and general goop contained in a acacia tea would make one very sick.. and it wasn't for lack of looking for information that I was thinking this.

Do you think this is because of the fine line between widely available info about something leading to bad publicity or because it simply isn't known about?

Interesting indeed. There seems to be a real lack of information about acacia out there. Given that phyllodes are interesting via this method there seems little point to the bark stripping that I'm sure goes on due to info available online.

Is this information widely appreciated because I hadn't come across it before. I was under the impression that the tannins and general goop contained in a acacia tea would make one very sick.. and it wasn't for lack of looking for information that I was thinking this.

Do you think this is because of the fine line between widely available info about something leading to bad publicity or because it simply isn't known about?

This is purely a way to get a brew happening and leaf is always going to be number one choice, thing is others who want DMT to smoke are still gunna look at harvesting bark buuuuuut, the thing is that leaf can yield spice too, but you just need a fair bit more, have to work differently with it and the defat step cannot really be avoided as opposed to going straight to base with bark or bark powder.

Before I die I want to do a phelb brew...I'm soooooo obsessed about doing just phleb leaf and caapi brew that it makes me itch with joy when I think about it.

ha ha. You'll have to wait till those phlebs are up a going mate :) then post them to brazil and catch a plant over there.

te he. I wonder if we could start an aya religion here in oz? Get some lawyers, social workers, sociologists and other professionals on the case and see what we can achieve ;)

oh, one more question - dried or fresh phyllodes

Freudian slip: I meant plane not plant ah hah

Edited by meanies

the thing is that leaf can yield spice too, but you just need a fair bit more, have to work differently with it and the defat step cannot really be avoided as opposed to going straight to base with bark or bark powder.

Lextek_v1

oh, one more question - dried or fresh phyllodes

doesn't really matter but fresh seems to work quite well. There has been some amazing work elsewhere with viridis extract..tar balls...and THH. I believe dried potent Hawaiian P. viridis leaf was used.

If i was using something like phleb or obtusi then I'd prefer to work fresh to be honest, same with caapi leaf.

The 2 experiments were very successful but the scientist didn't use enuff light and was left a little short, not going far enuff into the hole and this scientist likes to go a long way down. It's quite hard to judge the amount of spice via leaf for a brew, very easy to undershoot, you will know when you overshoot of course, but baby steps and all that.

this is all completely hypothetical stuff mind you.

yep rahli

I love my chooks for a whole new reason now :)

gently boil your phyllodes in a small amount of water with some acid [lemon juice or citric acid] in it for a few minutes. This will steam off the cyanide.

I was wondering more about the cyanide content of different species, if this is also the case with dried material & Changa mixes etc..

dont forget to have good ventilation when simmering hcn material with acid.!

been doing some work on passiflora and other hcn containing plants.

drying seems to loose some of it.more so if crushed with a mortar and pestle,maybe 90% or so.but crushing then cutting up fine and spreading out to dry worked about 100%.dry it outdoors.

harris coffee filters dont just filter.they are also designed to extract a fraction from the coffee.if you use them you might see a ring at the top of the filter paper after use.this often seems active.

anyone ever heard of maiden brews?seems very little about it around.have more to add if the thread flows there....

t s t .

i have been meaning to talk to you about the maiden brews tst, i recall us talking about it at ega, and it spark my interest, would love for you to expand upon it

never heard of maidens wattle brews. Hadn't heard of obtusi ones till I was looking over this thread. I'm still having trouble coming to terms with a simmer, filter and egg white being enough to get enough gunk out of the brew. Are obtusi's high in cyanides? Is maidenii less so?

With your passiflora work did you use the egg white method as well? And also with the active fraction that 'filters' (or is left on the coffee filter - i get what you mean here just can't word it well) do you then cut this part of the filter off and re-introduce it to the filtered water?

soz for all the questions, I'm just interested in this.

Interesting indeed. There seems to be a real lack of information about acacia out there. Given that phyllodes are interesting via this method there seems little point to the bark stripping that I'm sure goes on due to info available online.Is this information widely appreciated because I hadn't come across it before. I was under the impression that the tannins and general goop contained in a acacia tea would make one very sick.. and it wasn't for lack of looking for information that I was thinking this.Do you think this is because of the fine line between widely available info about something leading to bad publicity or because it simply isn't known about?

A few weeks ago I was searching for information on shafting DMT phyllode brews without the need for an MAOI, and saw some posts on removing the tannins with eggwhites on another forum. It must've been either Nexus or AE, but think it was probably Nexus.

I didn't end up getting a chance to try the eggwhites, the brew (+caapi) I was dreaming about a couple of weekends ago got messed up when I'd left it in the fridge :(

why did it get messed up? Did you leave it for too long in the fridge?

Interesting idea to shaft - you would really need to reduce a mix down hey.

yep rahli

I love my chooks for a whole new reason now :)

Aye, nothing like a good Sunday roast!!!!

why did it get messed up? Did you leave it for too long in the fridge?

Interesting idea to shaft - you would really need to reduce a mix down hey.

Yep, then unfortunately midway during reduction had to stop it and turn stove off overnight. Wasn't going to risk re-simmering, who knows what contaminants? :(

And definitely yep :lol::bootyshake:

There seems to not be much consensus about if any MAOI is needed, how much D-componant needed etc, and most first hand information has been from crystal use, not brew :huh:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this before or maybe they have and I wasn't paying attention but to anyone who wants to do slow cook/extraction etc etc get yourself a nice big slow cooker. Set to low and go to bed, everything is good to go at breakfast time. Would also work for a slow reduction on high.

They cook real food as well :lol:

Slow cooker

http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/portal/page/portal/tggwebportal/corporate/products/search?directive=1&keyword=slow%20cooker&storeId=9

Edited by Fenris

never heard of maidens wattle brews. Hadn't heard of obtusi ones till I was looking over this thread. I'm still having trouble coming to terms with a simmer, filter and egg white being enough to get enough gunk out of the brew. Are obtusi's high in cyanides? Is maidenii less so?

With your passiflora work did you use the egg white method as well? And also with the active fraction that 'filters' (or is left on the coffee filter - i get what you mean here just can't word it well) do you then cut this part of the filter off and re-introduce it to the filtered water?

soz for all the questions, I'm just interested in this.

the egg white method is excellent ,virtually miraculous.afterwards it just runs straight through a coffee filter.

havnt used egg white for passiflora yet.have mainly been using the flowers but when i do some leaves i prob will.

yep,cut it off.either put it back in the brew or extract from the filter.i dont know what parts it chooses to separate but it often seems fairly much one kind of thing.never know what you might find.

kiss.if you use vinegar or no acid to brew something,filter and then reduce in increments sediments will settle out esp when cooled.hot water solubles not being as soluble in cold water ,just from less water and because the vinegar breaks down and evaporates so the solution becomes less acidic.at least thats my current theory.

t s t .

so still nothing about maiden brews?

this is what i was told....

plant with shorter broad curved phylodes,pruned branches used unstripped,no leaves.bark still on wood.prepared as above.

cleaned up liquid said to produce nothing by a/b.

the sediment was dried and rolled in pea sized balls.sublingualy active.maybe more so with maoi.dose a pea or 2.

said to feel very nice.

it appeared tolerance developed with dosing on consecutive days.

cevs were well defined with a central motif on a background of chaos with random explosions going off in random directions.

the background effect was challenging to deal with and so higher doses were not attempted.

this visual situation was found to be consistent each time it was tried.

i got no idea what has effects like this and also know little more about the experiences but think it must be said that just cos an a/b yields nothing does not necessarily mean it is inactive!

t s t .

Chiral reading some of those links about changa in your earlier posts make me laugh, the reason I laugh is because I live in Australia and have yet to come across any changa or even hear of anyone who knows what changa is. Im not saying it doesnt exist, its just a rarity in these parts.

To anyone that has the power to arrest, dont confuse my post.. im not actively seeking it.

Edited by klip247

Chiral reading some of those links about changa in your earlier posts make me laugh, the reason I laugh is because I live in Australia and have yet to come across any changa or even hear of anyone who knows what changa is. Im not saying it doesnt exist, its just a rarity in these parts.

That's a good thing no...?

That's a good thing no...?

Sorry for the pointless post, But I gotta wholeheartedly agree with Chiral here!

Considering what happens in the process of extracting the main ingredient id say... yes it is a good thing that it does NOT have widespread coverage over Australia.

I was having a laugh at some of those comments, especially the ones considering to move down to Australia, living in Australia does not mean easy access to changa. In no way do I find it amusing what people are doing to the local DMT bearing flora, its absolutely out of order, if this becomes more common one can only predict the devastation of these species.

Edited by klip247