The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
notguilty

I use to sell drugs for a living

Unknown author

I use to sell drugs for a living.

For ten years I supplied hundreds of thousands of people with a dangerous mind altering substance.

This was the job I had always wanted.

I had grown up around this drug and from a young age took an unhealthy interest in it. I began using in my teens and quickly joined the drug industry as a shit kicker. Having worked my way up the ladder I was a major player in the distribution of this dangerous drug, and I loved it.

Within 5 years I was responsible for a multi million dollar a year business with several staff working for me. I was good at selling this drug, my bosses made huge profits feeding off people’s addictions. They didn’t care that what we were doing was ruining people’s lives. I chose what to order and how to sell it, who could have it and who couldn’t. If I didn’t like you or you pissed me off you didn’t get any. People were and are addicted to this drug and don’t even know it, they just keep coming back for more. On a good day hundreds of thousands of dollars would go through my hands, thousands of people would be off their guts all thanks to me.

But with the good comes the bad. Loud mouths, wannabe tough guys and dickheads in general had to be dealt with daily. Violent assaults, rapes and murders can all be attributed to this drug. I have called more ambulances than I care to remember. I have seen more than my share of blood spilled because of this drug. All around me families would fall apart, homes and lives would be destroyed. I have lost close friends and almost been killed myself because of this drug.

I have watched people die from this drug. I organised and was successful at the mass distribution of a drug people worldwide were and continue to die from in their millions.

I don’t sell alcohol anymore.

excellent

love to see this in the all ozzie newspapers "letters to the editor" section

I was reading it and as I got through it I was tempted to look at the punchline at the end, which I felt sure was coming. I had to struggle not to read the punchline and I'm glad I resisted taking a peek because that was gold and well worth not reading the end first and the first last. A classic like teo said.

I too, no longer sell alcohol.

Edited by Phos D

Perhaps. Don't think that will ever happen though. I don't mind a bit of a drink, man does it make me feel like total crap though, within a few hours of drinking I feel so crappy that I don't usually bother with the stuff. Much better things to while away the small hours.

So do you think we should make alcohol illegal?

I would be interested to hear entheofarms response to that question.

Perhaps. Don't think that will ever happen though. I don't mind a bit of a drink, man does it make me feel like total crap though, within a few hours of drinking I feel so crappy that I don't usually bother with the stuff. Much better things to while away the small hours.

yes it was illegal in the USA in the 1920s i think .....it went under ground and made all the gangsters of that era (ie the mafia) very wealthy

I would be interested to hear entheofarms response to that question.

I am getting on the piss tonight bapho, I will answer tomorrow if thats okay B)

yes it was illegal in the USA in the 1920s i think .....it went under ground and made all the gangsters of that era (ie the mafia) very wealthy

And while use initially declined, it actually reached a higher than pre-prohibition rate before the ban was lifted. It doesn't work, because alcohol was so widely used and accepted before the ban anyway. It created a situation similar to the current one with illegal drugs, only different in that alcohol was still widely accepted as OK by society before and during prohibition, where the current illicit drugs were generally never widely accepted by our society as being OK. (Source: A conversation with head of a major sydney hospital's drug clinic, who is active in the public health aspect of the drug issue)

Peace

So do you think we should make alcohol illegal?

I just think laws should make sense. Ethier cannabis needs to be legal, or alcohol illegal. They need to pick one.

I don't think alcohol should be illegal, hangovers should be though :puke:

I don't think alcohol should be portrayed as such a safe substance.

I think it was 1933 that prohibition laws were repealed in the US, Anslinger then shifted his focus onto cannabis. :angry:

Im pro choice thats it really, people should have the choice to do what they want as long as their behaviour doesnt affect people around them in a negative way. The behaviour should be what they get in trouble for, not the choice.

Im pro choice thats it really, people should have the choice to do what they want as long as their behaviour doesnt affect people around them in a negative way. The behaviour should be what they get in trouble for, not the choice.

Couldn't be put better.

I agree but with prohibition it feels like no choice rather than pro choice

Another question... if you could just delete seriously addictive and potentially dangerous chemicals from the face of the earth (and delete any history of them ever being here either, they were just -never discovered- or something), would you? Heroin, meth, whatever it is.. Would the world be a better place without Heroin (forget opiate medications, this is just hypothetical) for instance? Not a matter of 'choice' or 'right to choose', just would the world be better off without Heroin?

I think i'd vote for a world without Heroin if there was such a place. I mean noone would know what they were missing so its not a question of freedom, just i think Heroin does infinitely more harm to society and the lives of the people in it, such that if i could pass a law tomorrow that would erase heroin and heroin use i would want that law. But that's the point of all prohibition laws, isn't it? a misguided attempt to do good by 'deleting' a drug from society, except that it can't just be -deleted-, a black market opens up for it, lots of people make money, lots of crime results etc. The theory is less people use it now that it's illegal than would otherwise, but i bet if you ask people "Why don't you use heroin?" hardly anyone would say "because its illegal" and just about everyone would say "because its an addictive, dangerous drug". So its not like the laws are actually working for what they were intended for anyway.

Another question... if you could just delete seriously addictive and potentially dangerous chemicals from the face of the earth (and delete any history of them ever being here either, they were just -never discovered- or something), would you? Heroin, meth, whatever it is.. Would the world be a better place without Heroin (forget opiate medications, this is just hypothetical) for instance? Not a matter of 'choice' or 'right to choose', just would the world be better off without Heroin?

I think i'd vote for a world without Heroin if there was such a place. I mean noone would know what they were missing so its not a question of freedom, just i think Heroin does infinitely more harm to society and the lives of the people in it, such that if i could pass a law tomorrow that would erase heroin and heroin use i would want that law. But that's the point of all prohibition laws, isn't it? a misguided attempt to do good by 'deleting' a drug from society, except that it can't just be -deleted-, a black market opens up for it, lots of people make money, lots of crime results etc. The theory is less people use it now that it's illegal than would otherwise, but i bet if you ask people "Why don't you use heroin?" hardly anyone would say "because its illegal" and just about everyone would say "because its an addictive, dangerous drug". So its not like the laws are actually working for what they were intended for anyway.

That question is maybe better suited to the "out of date drug laws are hurting people" thread which is in ethnobotany for some reason

No I don't feel that strongly about alcohol just the laws and equality in them, especially where a benign drug/plant like cannabis is sending people to jail when alcohol is sending them to their graves.

As for the other illicit drugs that cause damage how much of that can be blamed on prohibition? When education, regulation and control are proven harm reduction methods why are we allowing organised crime and police forces with corrupt vested interests to dictate what we can and can't believe in?

is it the drug or the user that is the problem?

Probably something worth noting about the unknown author is that after his ten years of selling alcohol to alcoholics he joined the fire service and dealt with first hand the impact alcohol has on lives. The author is also an alcoholic so please don't accuse him of being a preacher or beating up on a drug, it's a dominating society he has issues with.

Edited by entheofarm

I am getting on the piss tonight bapho, I will answer tomorrow if thats okay

LMFAO nice one.

shit yeh, you should see me with an empty cardboard box.