The Corroboree
Genesis

Anime and Anime goodness

i loved the ninja scrolls, devil man, akira, spirited away was pretty good, howls moving castle, The Cat Returns, used to watch goku,

anybody remember cartoons in mind 90's played late night on sbs, aeon flux, the head, the maxx and was a few others that they used to show,

yeah are you talking the liquid television series from mtv?

if you have access to torrents everything is available if you look,

(sidebar: this one was my all time favorite,

also that anime style short about the guy who disintegrated driving his car: here and here

really liked serial experiments lane, weird story kind of reminiscent of ghost in the shell

other than that everythng i've seen has been mentioned

Edited by qualia

Films

UROTSUKIDOJI - LEGEND OF THE OVERFIEND!!!

Akria

Any Studio Ghibli

Tekkon Kinkreet

Cat Soup

Paprika

Ghost in the Shell 1 + 2

Perfect Blue

Series

Elfen Lied

Cowboy Bebop

Samurai Champloo

FLCL!!

reminds me did you know they made a real life version of wicked city?

absolute crap for the most part, i remember they totally changed the story to be about drugs or something,

only reason worth watching is for the vagina dentata spider

oh i found out above that other anime above was from a 1986 dvd neo tokyo,

haven't seen though it looks pretty crazy

not sure if any one has mentioned this but it is one of my all time favorite animes of all time and its called gurren lagann if u like mecha and boobs this is a great anime for you!!

just seen a great series shigurui,

samurai drama but definitely not typical,

rush out and see it immediately

I will definitely be back here to see get some ideas for what to watch. Currently I'm watching an anime series called Noein. So far pretty good. Better than stuff like death note at least.

I hate watching dubbed versions of something if I can simply get a subbed version instead though. Most dubs are awful too :P

Going to watch Ghost in the Shell after Noein. Have both of them and I remember being fascinated by it years ago, it was on SBS I think, but I didn't understand it at the time.

Found another quite good short anime

Angel Beats!

Death and reincarnation are inescapable, but what happens in between? Without warning and without his memories, a boy who only recalls his last name - Otonashi - wakes up next to a girl named Yuri who offers him a gun and tells him to shoot an angel. Assuming it must be a misunderstanding, Otonashi is then almost killed by the angel and is drawn into Yuri's army to battle to delay the beginning of his next life. Immortality is within reach, but if Otonashi remembers how he died, will he keep fighting or allow himself to vanish?

I saw a particular anime movie on SBS back in the '90s and if anyone could tell me what it was I'd be grateful :) It was about some chick whose vagina was poisonous but she had some kind of magic power and this bad wizard dude was trying to get the power from her. I don't remember much else but that.

Also I like Elfen Lied, I need to get the rest of the series.

Thanks Synchro! Looks like it. I'll have to visit a JB today and get that and the rest of Elfen Lied.

B)

Yeah, it's pretty cool that one. And just so you know, there's a sequel and a series as well.

Edited by synchromesh

dfgdfgd

Edited by Teljkon

Just finished Elfen Lied first season - excellent, but I didn't like the ending, just a big unimpressive cliffhanger. I think I may prefer the manga, so I'm going to look in to that.

Also it was English dubbed. I can't stand dubbing. Much prefer subs.

I stopped watching Noein halfway through. It's getting pretty meh. It doesn't feel like there's any real development.

Edit: (Elfen Lied) Also no real twists. The whole thing panned out exactly as I thought it would.

Edited by Sheather

dfd

Edited by Teljkon

hey good writing is hard to find

Amen to that.

Has anyone else here had a look at Gantz?

Nerd alert :)

Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood - easily one of my favourites, Some what of a marked difference between this series and the first one realised a few years ago now. The animation seems to rely more on computer animation and simplification of technique, The story starts of the same until about halfway through the series then takes a turn as this is exclusively based upon the original manga story ( which in essence is a remake of the story of paracelsus and his creation of a homoculus/golem )

i quite dig the character development/philosophy, FMA's adherence to not taking anothers life and his unconditional love for his brother, willing to give up his power to save someone he loves. Fathers unwavering belief that he can consume and reach godhood, Scars hatred and lust for revenge all these coalesce into a really great story... well i think so

Code Geass is pritty epic kinda like playing a chess game against a life long friend who you would love to beat heh

Sure ive posted about Blade of the immortal before but this is fairly good, a lot of violence etc but beyond that is an interesting story of a man who kills 100 men in service of a corrupt lord (unbeknownst to him) he kills his sisters husband who then goes insane and ends up killing herself, after which he meets a nun and becomes immortal vowing to kill 1000 evil men to regain his mortality and finally die. he meets a young girl whos parents were murdered by a rival swordsman ( whose techniques are unacceptable to the current system thus making him an outcast in the rigid caste system) the immortal vows to help the girl avenge her parents. the difference here is that the protagonists and antagonists are not so clear cut aka black and white, each has a deep seeted belief in what they are doing is inherently right and inevitable, from wiki " even the supposed antagonist Anotsu, who espouses an "end justifies the means" philosophy, elicits sympathy from the reader via his ultimate goal - in that, fighting the widespread corruption of his era and therein fashioning a stronger Japanese society"

please keep posting havent found anything worth watching for a while now :P

Edited by -YT-

so a few i've seen lately i guess

mobile suit gundam 00

samurai deeper kyo - watching atm, it's ok , nothing special

started watching peacemaker kurogane too, but seiously that kid was too annoying so i couldn't get past the first few episodes

i also wish they'd hurry up and finish hellsing ova, that's psycho that series

Edited by qualia

batman: gotham night - pretty good, many high profile japanese anime studio's involved

blade of the immortal - samurai series, pretty good

basilisk - if you like ninja scroll you'll like this

otogi zoushi - not that great but worth a mention for the historical references (a little course in japanese history actually)

Edited by qualia

So has any one found any great new anime's?

Holy shit! just watched the first episode of ELfen Lied... haha so much blood lol, i got kicked off the library wifi network for opening it in down them all... it i think because it says 18+ in the title.. sick so far!

• Like 1

Space Pirate Captain Harlock cgi animation released last year i think, is worth a watch.