The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Stamets saves the world - again

Note sure if this has been posted in the mycology section before, but I found this fascinating - as usual.

Stamets uses fungi to solve the fuel crisis, birdflu, pesticide resistance, and a few others.

so many interesting things i'd never heard

absolutely fascinating

"these are a species we should join with"

this comment is interesting "My conclusion is that the Flu has a symbiotic relationship with us that allows our body to expel waste(mucus, microrganisms, toxins) that accumilates over time in our skin and GI tract. All our muscles contract and squeeze out the sludge in great heaves. Children vomit often because their system works better untill we start given them medications which keeps the sludge within. Older unhealthy people loose the ability to vomit even when unmedicated -that should be the redlight to think through."

cheers for posting that

stamets work is always inspirational

this comment is interesting "My conclusion is that the Flu has a symbiotic relationship with us that allows our body to expel waste(mucus, microrganisms, toxins) that accumilates over time in our skin and GI tract. All our muscles contract and squeeze out the sludge in great heaves. Children vomit often because their system works better untill we start given them medications which keeps the sludge within. Older unhealthy people loose the ability to vomit even when unmedicated -that should be the redlight to think through."

:o

What? I'll watch this tomorrow, but please tell me Stamets did not say this utter bullshit?

no. youtube comment. heheh just found it an interesting notion, nothing being pushed by any scientist.

How many times have we sat ourselves in front of a computer and thought:

"I have the world at my fingertips, yet i cannot think of one single website to visit right now to alleviate this moment of boredom!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, TED is worthwhile viewing. If you have a few spare moments, check out their website. Some truly inspiration ideas from some of the worlds most brilliant minds. Have a look!

P.S. No i don't work for TED! ;)

is there anyway to download the utube videos as a video file we could put on cd and play on the tv? is this possible? i really want to show my parents this, but the idea of working a computer (jsut turning it on) is a half day venture that ends up with nothing.

is there anyway to download the utube videos as a video file we could put on cd and play on the tv? is this possible? i really want to show my parents this, but the idea of working a computer (jsut turning it on) is a half day venture that ends up with nothing.

there is a firefox add on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006 im sure there are several others for ie & other browsers

you will have to convert the video file type to play it on a dvd player

i watched this clip a week or so ago very interesting especially the fungi that was about 1.3 billion years ago give or take a couple of years :scratchhead:

Edited by mac

I use this website to convert my youtube videos to an easier to play format.

http://www.mediaconverter.org/

Follow the wizard, save the *.flv and then convert it to an AVI with a program like this one

Then burn to a DVD or VCD to show your folks.

Edited by Sniffer