The Corroboree
Hyphal

Subs and the city

Excellent.

Legal ramifications of something like this? What would happen if I went and gathered some woodchips and whatnot and then they happened to have mycelium in them, if the woodchips were for cultivating something else?

Would you get in trouble for cultivation?

Peace,

Mind

do i just grab a bit of wood with mushrooms growing out of it and bury in woodchips and water?

Pretty much, but don't ruin an area in the process or take more than you need. The bit I used was only about 10 cm long but was very well covered in mycelium.

Soak the chips you are going to use first overnight in water, then drain before use.

Bury your material in the chips and keep it well watered (moist). Make sure your container had drainage holes - a big flower pot would work well for this. After a few weeks dig down with your finger to see if the mycelium is running - if it is, mix some parts of it around a little areas it isn't to help it spread more quickly.

beautiful work hyphal... amazing. The new flush look point like azures no?

They do look very 'azureish'...

Excellent.

Legal ramifications of something like this? What would happen if I went and gathered some woodchips and whatnot and then they happened to have mycelium in them, if the woodchips were for cultivating something else?

Would you get in trouble for cultivation?

Peace,

Mind

If its obvious you are deliberately trying to grow only the mushrooms then I'm sure they could hit you for manufacture if they wanted to. If you could argue that is was genuinely an accident then as long as you didn't pick them or have any in your house then Im sure they wouldn't bother you.

And lastly, I think the police have a very important job to do these days, and I don't envy them. But I'm sure (at least I would hope) that 'they' have the clarity and professionalism to put in to perspective the lack of an issue surrounding someone with a foam tray of woodchips with enough little fungi popping up for two mature people to have a 4 hour giggle and a life changing, relationship building evening together in the privacy of their own loungeroom.

If they don't, then I can assure you they aren't the sort of people that I want 'serving and protecting' me from some of the real horrors that take place in current society.

wooo thanks for the advice i cant wait to go down and get some.

All grown up... :wub:

post-1432-1214637716_thumb.jpg post-1432-1214637736_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1214637600_thumb.jpg post-1432-1214637618_thumb.jpg

I feel a little sad for some reason. Gonna hurt to pull these guys... :blink:

post-1432-1214637600_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1214637618_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1214637716_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1214637736_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1214637600_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1214637618_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1214637716_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1214637736_thumb.jpg

How long ago did you start the container also what ratio of colonized chips vs' non colonized chips did you start with?

Good work mate, very good work.

How long ago did you start the container also what ratio of colonized chips vs' non colonized chips did you start with?

I just used a colonised piece of wood - it was about 20cm's in length and about as round as a cardboard tube you get int the middle of a glad wrap roll...

This is from memory though it was a year ago and my memory isn't what it used to be. :wacko:

The final cut -

post-1432-1214751581_thumb.jpg post-1432-1214751563_thumb.jpg

The biggest one -

post-1432-1214751599_thumb.jpg

The final pull (the mature ones) -

post-1432-1214751632_thumb.jpg

Subs -

post-1432-1214751660_thumb.jpg

And the city -

post-1432-1214751646_thumb.jpg

:shroomer:

post-1432-1214751563_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1214751581_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1214751563_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1214751581_thumb.jpg

Just beautiful! Congrats mate! :wub:

excellent job Hk

i have an identical set-up started with a pine cone that had a shroom growing out of it

nowhere near as prolific as yours though,the pins keep aborting or gettin slug damage :ana: but i dont have the layer of leaf litter like yours, will remedy that immediately!

thanks for sharing. :)

that last pic is awesome HK. those shrooms are much better looking than some of the rank ones down south they dont have bugs eating them etc.

how many shrooms did you end up with in total do you think>?

and next year will the shrooms sprout again? or do you have to do something?

how many shrooms did you end up with in total do you think>?

and next year will the shrooms sprout again? or do you have to do something?

No idea how many I got in the end, they went straight in the compost bin anyway.

Next year the tray should fruit again - I've read that it's good practice to add a few handfuls of fresh chips and mix them in once a year.

that last pic is so awesum! good old perth :)

where did you get the log in the first place?

that last pic is so awesum! good old perth :)

where did you get the log in the first place?

Down south, the usual town name springs to mind.

good work man

they went straight in the compost bin anyway.

If you were to just leave them put, do you think that the spores they dropped would have a notable impact on the mycelial growth next year? Or do most spores end up dying this way?

If you were to just leave them put, do you think that the spores they dropped would have a notable impact on the mycelial growth next year? Or do most spores end up dying this way?

The tub is already colonised so it wouldn't help the tub they are in, but there is a chance the spores could have blown elsewhere and germinated. Probably quite a low chance in an urban environment.

so if you chucked them in the compost is it possible you might get some new friends growing out of there next year?

so if you chucked them in the compost is it possible you might get some new friends growing out of there next year

thats what i was thinking too. :huh: