The Corroboree
Stinkmeat

Heavy Metal

^^^^

Lucky mofo lol. Yeah Stink i should have some cash by then i reckon. If i manage to make get to the show it'll be my first heavy metal gig! :wub: *sigh* they grow up so fast. \m/ \m/ Heavy Metal!

cheers

DEATH MAGNETIC!!!!!!

New Metallica album is out and rox. only thing is.. its too loud, read they compressed the cd to the max to get the highest decibels out of it. wankers.but apart from that its mad.

i'm cautious to mention metallica online heheh. it's been out for a while, i've only met people who didn't like it but from the bits i've managed to download, it does indeed rox.

i liked it, some songs seem a bit long though.

Did anyone see that dude get his ear bitten off at testament in sydney?? It's still freaking me out now, it was just like dawn of the dead..

Any other metal bands to look into would be appreciated. :)

Stinkmeat you gotta checkout System Of A Down

Great band. Anti-political w some really great Rhythms

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1650744

& For the sake of being true to the history of Metal

Led Zeppelin.

Check out the epic 1975 track: Kashmir (Not so much a Metal track dude, but see if the feeling finds you)

post-151-1223285099_thumb.jpg

no. is it too late to see it?

Yeah.. you kinda had to bee there i just thought someone might have been closer than i was and got a bit of an insite into what happened.

I was on the balcony and i saw i bit of a fight. then this dude just lauched at this poor bas*ard and latched onto him. Savaging him down to the ground just chewing on his fu*kn head . No fists no nothing the dude just tried to eat him. The pit opened up and the boucers ran in, it took two of em to drag the crazy dude off him. It really was like dawn of the dead or something. I've seen plenty of fights, people getting trampled and stuff during the years and even ears bitten in the scrum when i played footbal back in the motherland, but this really was something bizzare.

The dude was just so.. i suppose ferocous, is the word. It really didn't freak me out at the time, but the more i think about it the more i think how fuc*ing bizzare it really was. I hope the poor bastard was ok the bouncer carried him out with someone from the pit putting preasure on the side of the dudes head.

I can't really convey how fu*king nasty it was.

(please forgive my spelling i'm lost withot spellchecker)

cant quite understand the pressure bit "the bouncer carried him out with someone from the pit putting preasure on the side of the dudes head."

but yeah sounds nasty :| like jason newstead seeing somebodies eye gored out against a barrier at some euro fest. except in your example, it was some over-stimulated satanist or something gnawing on fresh gristle. some real mental units out there, especially in a scene that encourages it if you take it too seriously.

testament would have been a killer show i'm guessing, i'm bummed i left town a few weeks before it.

Stinkmeat you gotta checkout System Of A Down

Great band. Anti-political w some really great Rhythms

& For the sake of being true to the history of Metal

Led Zeppelin.

Check out the epic 1975 track: Kashmir (Not so much a Metal track dude, but see if the feeling finds you)

One step ahead of you :wink: I'm a massive fan of SOAD's first 2 albums, particularly Toxicity. I've been getting back into them lately actually.

As for Led Zeppelin,

I have a best of album that has some really cool songs on it. I don't know if it has Kashmir on it, but I shall check it out. Immigrant Song (or something similar) is one of my favourites by them. Stairway to Heaven can't be beaten though :P . You can see how much of an influence they have had on modern music when you go back and listen to their's.

Thanks

Stink

One step ahead of you :wink: I'm a massive fan of SOAD's first 2 albums, particularly Toxicity. I've been getting back into them lately actually.

As for Led Zeppelin,

I have a best of album that has some really cool songs on it. I don't know if it has Kashmir on it, but I shall check it out. Immigrant Song (or something similar) is one of my favourites by them. Stairway to Heaven can't be beaten though :P . You can see how much of an influence they have had on modern music when you go back and listen to their's.

Thanks

Stink

QFT SOAD...lets just hope we do get a comeback!

and in the werds of Homer J. "there's Jimmy Page, the

greatest thief ever of black American music" :wink:

the new metallica album is probably their slickest work to date. return of the dual guitar harmonies pleases me. pretty nice how the melodies develop and just generally how the songs progress. apparently james vocals were recorded standing up, playing guitar, dunno how that influenced it. mainly i think it's like st anger in normal tuning, mixed with older metalli-elements, like unforgiven III sounds like a pretty standard old kirk solo, packed full of double stops IIRC... but here's the weird part. at times the album really, really, really, really sounds like megadeth. i like about 70-80% of the album.

Tool is my favourite band but I'm not a huge fan of really hardcore metal, but I do love my hardalternative/softer metal. I'll try not to repeat any bands that anyone's already mentioned... some of them are a bit on the soft side...

Alice In Chains, The Butterfly Effect (first album), Dead Letter Circus (first album), Fantomas, Grinspoon (first album), Heifer, Helmet, Mr Bungle, Pantera, A Perfect Circle (DON'T EVER BUY "EMOTIVE" IT BLOWS), Skunk Anansie, Tomahawk.

Simply Complicated - local sort of prog/psyche alternametal. They've broken up. Ex-members are my friends.

Nucleus - local alternametal. My friends too :)

Blind The Iris - local alternative. They haven't been around long so they're still getting their live shit together. Also mostly my friends.

Another aussie band called Took is worth checking out...

Did you mean to say "Rook"? Rook is great anyway. Seen them live a couple of times and they really go off!

Check out a cool local band called genedefect, There just young blokes i think the drummer is only 15!!

Seen GD live a few times too and their fanbase (including my flatmate) are pretty rabid punker/metalheads.

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Dillinger is a bit too hardcore for me but some of their songs are soooooo good and theres no denying their technical ability.

Woohoo! DEP are playing Big Day Out! I really really REALLY hope Mike Patton joins them for some songs too. A couple of my mates have seen them and said their first Aus show was one of the best gigs they've ever been to, and they're musos who've been to LOTS of gigs.

Just thought I'd add that Lamb of God's new album "Wrath" is pretty awesome. They have a bit of a meathead image, but they make some really good music.

And relating to FancyPants' post, I saw Dillinger Escape Plan at the Soundwave just gone. Some of their music is way too chaotic to absorb in one sitting, but their show was awesome, one of the best for the whole day.

I've gotten into 36 Crazyfists a lot over the last year as well. They rocked at Soundwave!

Stink

anyone heard mastodons new album? holy shit. it's amazing. probably the best metal album since...well since their last album. very psychedelic as well. the artwork gives me spice flashbacks. get it with the bonus dvd if you can, got some great artwork on it. songs deal with subjects like out of body experiences and stuff. it's really heavy but very progressive as well.

Threat signal.

Fredrik Thordendals Special Defects

one of meshuggah's guitarists side projects. twisted, mental, heavy fucked up tunage. give Vitamin K Experience a listen :wink:

Edited by mu.

sybreed

nice one mu, still heavy with the destroy erase improve sounds staying strong it seems, nice.

Haven't heard him in a while, cheers.

Vader - The Beast - Some of the best Death Metal i've heard in a long time!!)

Venom - Black Metal - Some awesome oldschool metal. Good shit

Isis - Wavering Radiant - New album by the post-rock outfit. Outdone themselves as far as i'm concerned. Kinda similar to 'In the Absence of Truth' but a bit heavier.

Fear Factory - Demanufacture - Loved a few songs off this album for a long time but never had the album. Finally picked it up the other day and i'm beating it out. Fucking brilliant.

Cheers

Check out:

Amon Amarth

Cavalera Conspiracy

Mastodon

Dark Tranquility

Killswitch Engage

Lamb of God

The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza (seriously)

Today I got the CD MoRT by Blut Aus Nord. Anybody who likes a dark side to their music should check it out. They did away with any normal song structure, went as abstract as I think they possibly could have and basically ended up with discordant noise that somehow works. It definitely creates a dark atmosphere.

Their other CD's have a lot more song structure in them but are still quite abstract sounding. Check 'em out.

dunno if its been mentioned before, but Textures kick some serious fucking psychedelic ass!

Bring me the Horizon

Picture the End

Pantera obviously

Trivium

Hellyeah

Down Nola

Super Joint Ritual

SoulFly

Parkway Drive

Rebel Meets Rebel

Emmure

Damage Plan