The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

Henbane against toothache

I have recurring toothaches, approx every 6-12 months I get horrible pains in certain teeth...since the public dental system is pretty hard to access, i.e. you'll have to sit here from early morning and wait for several hours etc. I normally choose to take some antibiotics and some painkillers to treat it, and after a week it just goes away...

So this friday night/saturday morning these toothaches came back, and I was totally out of panadeine fortes and antibiotics, and totally not in the mood to go to hospital or dentist, I remembered a post of tst: That he smoked very small amounts of henbane against pain...

I smoked very small pieces at a time, 2millimetres by 2mm, dry or undried, doesn't matter with such a small amount, and it totally works!

I know henbane contains Hyoscamine, and probably atropine and scopolamine, and you'll have to be really careful because it's quite toxic, but I was really thankful no to have to suffer bad toothaches...

I have kept the toothaches at bay since, and there is no swelling (just yet?)

I don't think this could be a placebo effect, since toothaches normally don't know placebo effects.

In the past I've had horrible nights when on toothache, consuming packages of paracetamol tablets to no avail...

With panadeine forte I had to take 2 every 3 hrs...

Henbane good for pain ive used it for knee pain artherits you know. I take about 3 leaves about 2 inchs by 1,1/4 and cut them up very fine in a stainless eggcup with sessors

+ 1 squeze hand cream

Mash, mash, mash with a pestal

a green mush is left and its rub on my knee the pain will go away in about 5 min buy 10 i can feel the pain at all.

Ive use datura for a tooth ake i took 1 leaf and rubed it in my mouth holding on to itfor about 20 seconds.

Pain was gone for about 4 hours. side effect my eyes felt dry but no pupil dilation.

As for smoking datura it has little effect on asthma. never smoked henbane...yet

Cloves/clove oil are supposed to be good for toothache, being both antiseptic and anaesthetic.

If plain paracetamol is no good and you can't get or have run out of the panadeine fortes, a simple cold water extraction will remove >99% of the paracetamol and leave 99% of the codeine in solution. You can thus take as much codeine as you want without fear of liver damage. Start at 60mg to test your tolerance, and dont go over 400mg. Codiene and tropanes also act synergistically, if you're combining them you can reduce the dose.

Be warned , codeine is addictive like any other opiate- a week of use wont hurt though. This should not be done in Australia or anywhere else where it is illegal to do so. I wouldn't keep any quantity around the house either, if you get a visit from the cops and they find it, you may end up being charged not just with possesion of a restricted substance, but with conspiracy to manufacture morphine or heroin.

Opiates dull the emotional side of pain-fact.

The henbane thing sounds interesting,my partner has used Datura smoke with a little MJ,seemed to work well(though I wouldn't suggest long term use)

Ever tried Eye Movement De-sensitisation?

Will explain if you like

I've heard that cloves are good for toothache, as well. Supposedly you can just put a clove on the tooth and leave it there for a while and it will do its magic! Never tried it myself.

gomaos: I'm glad you mentioned using henbane here. I have similar toothaches, now I'll have something to fight them with. Thanks!

Actually, the story still continues.

The next night the toothaches came back, much worse than before. Smoking small bits of henbane didn't do the trick anymore, lucky I read that bit about putting a datura leaf in your mouth, which is what i did when i really couldn't stand the pain any more. And really-it worked, temporary relief of intense toothache by putting a rolled up datura leaf on the pain area.

I Had to do it a few times, actually more or less stayed up all night before falling asleep at 4 in the morning or so. I got some panadeine fortes and antibiotics from the doc the next morning, the bad thing is, you don't have to be a junkie to build up a tolerance for opiates, and yes, the fortes don't work so well, and I still have to use the tropanes against the pain. I'm probably taking the antibiotics for no reason since this seems to be a different sort of pain...there's no swelling either...

But, well, here's a definite use for datura, brug and henbane...painkilling. And no, even with repeated smoking of henbane, datura and temporary contact of a datura leaf with the inside of my mouth, there are no hallucinations or similar side effects, sometimes it makes me feel wicked and weird, that's all

:huh: Edited by Rev

Someone who I actually met- both before and after the incident in question ( so you know this isn't some bizarro urban myth ) ignored a severe toothache for a couple of years- and ended up in hospital after five strokes. These have definitely impaired his ability to function, even tho he has recovered physically

Apparrantly the bacteria lodged in his dodgy teeth decay entered his bloodstream via his lungs, and went on to block capillaries further along. Since then I take my dentist much more seriously. Having a good dentist helps too- they're rare

In a way I knew this all along...learned it in 4th grade in school that bad teeth influence the whole body system very negatively...

I've had bad teeth and bad dentists since I was 10 or so...at that age I got severe toothache for the first time...my mother took me to a dentist,...the understanding was that he was rough but good...his name, translated, meant "slaughterer"(Schlachta) and jeez didn't he exaactly have the right name...he was unfriendly and harsh and as soon as he reached with an instrument into my mouth I felt such horrible pain I jumped up off the chair and ran out of the clinic, which was in the 3rd storey...I stood at the banisters and was just about to jump down to end my life...to end the pain... later my mother gave me some painkillers and antibiotic, and it went away for a while...later I went to a friendly dentist and head them pulled...

In spite of regular brushings I've always had bad teeth...one of my last experiences was in the dental clinic of the maryborough queensland hospital....they pulled the wrong, healthy tooth...is it any wonder I don't want to go anymore...? But youse all are right...i have to...(my best dentist experience was many years ago in germany, I knew the dentist's daughter, she talked to her dad and he gave me some strange narcotic(which was really already forbidden to use or just becoming so)...I sat in the waiting room, waiting for ity to take effect...I stared at a picture depicting a river flowing...all of a sudden the river started flowing out of the picture...it was awesome...she said then what it was he gave me, but I forgot...could it have been ketamine?

I remember the days...you went to the dentist got some narcotics, probably a few painkillers to take home, straight to the pub afterwards, have a few beers, and some schnaps maybe...that'd really fix ya...

Pain is a very potent signature of life, for which survival is the only cure.

There are no drugs that can stop pain entirely, lest they kill us or make us numb to those instincts that drive us.

Narcotics, drugs, and alcohol mute physical and emotional pain; but eventually they only cure the grain of our being, sapping us of the strength to face life’s challenges.

We become graven, the elemental components of our lives lying fallow for those who would accept the challenge of hope, love, and survival.

I am an alcoholic.

I'm also still an alcoholic but working on it.

I've got it down to 2 bottles of wine(=1.5 l)ONCE a week, which is pretty much what I want.

Still being able to enjoy a drop, but only once a week, so it won't spoil the rest of my life.

:P

[ 27. April 2003, 11:04: Message edited by: gomaos ]

Gomaos, you meen two bottles on the same nght, once a week? It really would be much better for your brain and liver,stomach etc if you tried to spread them out over the week a bit. It's now reccomended that people at risk of heart disease and (I think) stroke should ideally drink 2 standard drinks per night(ie about how much your drinking each week), but drinking a heap in a night isn't great. Have you ever considered taking up kava or benzodiazepines? They're quite similiar in effect but much less toxic. Congratulations on cutting down though. :)

BTW, taking 1g of paracetamol every three hours is probably not wise for any period of time, particularly with alcohol, as this combonation greatly enhances the hepatoxicity. If you are taking this many for days or with alcohol you really should be trying a codeine extraction. The threshold dose of codiene in most people is 30mg. A dose of 100-200mg for a week is highly unlikely to produce significant or even noticable tolerance or withdrawal.

quote:

Ever tried Eye Movement De-sensitisation?

Will explain if you like

Yes please!

Also, kava would be EXCELLENT for toothache- one study found an extract to be equianalgesic with aspirin at the same dose, while even the most active compound is not psycoactive below a gram (according to Psychedelic Chemistry by "Michael Valentine Smith"). In addition, it is a powerful anaesthetic and antibacterial.

[ 27. April 2003, 17:11: Message edited by: Tryptameanie ]

Two glasses a day is not "do-able" from the ddiction point of view.

Two bottles of fine wine, not your typical cask-shit or Lambrusco, but selected stuff that satisfies the Conisseur(spelling?)in me...

two bottles are just enough to be called a binge, but I don't think they affect my hard-core liver at all, since it has been used to the same amount DAILY for many years.

Of course I never take ANY tablets when I drink!

Except when I wake up 2 am afterwards I take 2 panadeine forte if available.

Once I tried two teapsoons of kava dissolved in milk instead...I only remember going back to my bed, but not touching it physically...i was knocked out before I touched the surface of the bed...(this is after the "binge" at the 2 am next morning)

Oh yeah re codeine:

There have been several threads here on how to extract the codeine from panadeine and p. forte tablets.

It really is very easy.

The safest to extract are p. forte, they have 30 mg codein per tablet. For the newbie 6 forte tablets would be enough, that's 180 mg.

However, to rock my socks, i'd probably need 300 mg.

I think the forum moderators don't like the describtion of the extraction technique, otherwise I'd post it here.

I don't think it is straight out illegal, but who knows.

Anyhu, my firm resolve IS TO GO TO THE DENTIST TOMORROW!

oh yes, something else:

Thanks for the tip with the datura-leaf-application directly onto the affected area:

I have used this when the pain recurred in spite of taking painkillers. IT HAS ALWAYS WORKED! Every single time. For me this is the best medical use of datura I have yet found...

Also, since I was unable to get more panadeine forte, I tried Nurofen plus, and must say, they work well. I do not take more than 6 a day(3x2)