The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Yawning Man

Chill out.

I honestly think going to the beach is the best thing to do. Go for a good swim, lay down on the sand with cigarette in the afternoon sun... can't think of anything more relaxing.

asdf

Edited by Teljkon

by now i'd say it's mostly plastic bottles, you can't buy bongs from shops anymore, unless they're bongs pretending to be something else.

You ausies shure must use alot of plastice bongs dont you know thats bad for the enviorment.

Id imagine that they are bad for alot more than the environment

Guest Øskorei

Surprised that not a lot of people are talking about smoking legal substances to chill out & relax ! I like to chill out with a nice herbal joint or two (the ingredients always vary, too numerous to mention, but almost never including MJ) or pull out the hookah and coal up a big bowl of sheesh. A big blow of sceletium also hits the spot nicely if I'm particularly pissed off or angry at something, tends to create an instant chill-out mode in my headspace.

I like to chill out with a nice herbal joint or two

hey man i'm wondering, can you buy pre-rolled herbal ciggies? And in your experience do they actually relax you?

Also, Xipe what you said about punching the wall was pretty funny, i just didn't feel like replying to it.

bye everyone

Also, Xipe what you said about punching the wall was pretty funny,

u idiotdont tell him that :wink:

Also, Xipe what you said about punching the wall was pretty funny,

u idiotdont tell him that :wink:

blahhahaha, sorry man i'm still pretty new on these forums. :lol:

Surprised that not a lot of people are talking about smoking legal substances to chill out & relax ! I like to chill out with a nice herbal joint or two (the ingredients always vary, too numerous to mention, but almost never including MJ) or pull out the hookah and coal up a big bowl of sheesh. A big blow of sceletium also hits the spot nicely if I'm particularly pissed off or angry at something, tends to create an instant chill-out mode in my headspace.

you cant use a waterpipe to smoke legal substances? :scratchhead:

blahhahaha, sorry man i'm still pretty new on these forums. :lol:

its too late.... you have already fed me... the idiocy will now continue.. (I only need to feed once a year.... slow metabolism)

Edited by XipeTotec

i like to sit out on the balcony amongst my plants in the evening to relax and look at the small amount of stars we can see in the city and the giant old gum in the block next to ours, but with my current schedule this is a luxury i struggle to find the time for.

i like to knit or sketch, or spend 20mins stretching then lie on the floor and listen to something chilled like boards of canada.

in the middle of summer i find the beach is good too, on those nights when it doesnt drop below 25. head down with some friends after dinner and just lie on the sand and chat.

last but not least if its been a stressful week with school, work or the occasional family thing one my favorite ways to clear my mind and relax (in a mental sense more than a physical sense) is to head to a party playing some nice prog and dance barefoot (ground permitting of course) for a couple of hours. after completing my tests and assessments this week for school im going to head to 'picnic at bangning rock' @ moorooduc quarry on friday, looks like a great spot

its nice to see people take the time to relax, it took me a long time to stop feeling guilty if im not 'productive' :slap: but ive come to learn its just as important.

conans suggestion is hard to beat with some fine tunes. :)

a friend and i have a hidden lookout on a rural/urban fringe behind an old decomissioned cement factory, we take a bifta and watch the world do its thing. B)

also sleeping in, you know that half concious half asleep faze, no commitments during the day. mmm... :drool2:

just be.

:wub:

conan i dunno if using them is permitted, but you can't buy them or related paraphernalia. i found a shop that sells them with a cork in the top and the cone welded on upside down, called a 'salad oil drizzler'.

not being at work. or being at work but not working. yeah.

doing nothing WITHOUT having a bunch of stuff i should be doing.

To chill I like to vist the Botanical gardens here in brisbane. I see they have some datura species in. :) always my favourite plant. I also have a hookah, although I think with friends is better then on your own. If anyone here from brissie would like to try shoot me a pm. I need to break it out more. Walking in parks with a "herbal" smoke is always a favourite :) or chilling out on bed with some tunage.

sitting in a hot bath mmmm or floating on my back in the ocean or lounnging around in freshwater lakes :)

naked? :drool2::wub:

conan i dunno if using them is permitted, but you can't buy them or related paraphernalia. i found a shop that sells them with a cork in the top and the cone welded on upside down, called a 'salad oil drizzler'.

Thats piss weak... most tobacconists will just keep em back room or in a draw behind the counter. Considering so many tobacconists deal in more illegal things than smoking paraphenalia, it'd be the least of their worries.

I like to relax by gardening - just looking at the plants growing and blooming :drool2: chills me right out. Otherwise, I love brewing beer to share with mates. There's something nice about making something that you can share with others, I guess.

hi everyone

One of my favorite ways to relax when having a few brews or after some "certain substance/herb/fungi" is to kick back with the xbox on and have a little gaming time. A bit of a nerdy anti-social way to relax but that's what works for me. Especially when i have some good tunes playing in the background, something like Air, The Flaming Lips, Tool, Pink Floyd always goes good with gaming. How about you guys, what's your favorite way to relax/come down or whatever?

c'ya

Gaming is an amazing stress-release for myself, aswell. What games are you into, son? Just console? My girlfriend and i brought our Nintendo-DS's to Rainbow this year ( :wub: ) for the car-trip and they ended up being passed around our campsite between everyone! Soooo much fun.

A few heavy beers in front of the footy or cricket works a treat. Potting around in the garden before and after work is great. Letting off some steam on the guitar. Daydreaming for any occasion.

Gaming is an amazing stress-release for myself, aswell. What games are you into, son? Just console? My girlfriend and i brought our Nintendo-DS's to Rainbow this year ( :wub: ) for the car-trip and they ended up being passed around our campsite between everyone! Soooo much fun.

Hey man

Cool to see i'm not the only gamer on these forums lol. Umm actually i got an xbox 360 today for my birthday plus a few games. I'm on and off with gaming but when i get into it i like games like mass effect, assassins creed, hitman, halo and other stuff. You mean rainbow gathering in Qld? lol i can imagine all the hippies being like "whoa man..this game is so real..it's like i'm in the game"!! I've been meaning to go to a gathering for ages. But yeah the DS looks like a lot of fun.

later

Hey man

Cool to see i'm not the only gamer on these forums lol. Umm actually i got an xbox 360 today for my birthday plus a few games. I'm on and off with gaming but when i get into it i like games like mass effect, assassins creed, hitman, halo and other stuff. You mean rainbow gathering in Qld? lol i can imagine all the hippies being like "whoa man..this game is so real..it's like i'm in the game"!! I've been meaning to go to a gathering for ages. But yeah the DS looks like a lot of fun.

later

Nah, i was actually referring to the Rainbow Serpent festival in Victoria. You should definitely get out to one, they're a blast! It was very much like you described. Mario went off... :lol:

Super-jealous about the 360, man. :drool2: I've been trying to budget one in for the last few months but when you factor in the need (okay, quasi-need...) for a HD television aswell it's exppppensive. Was Mass Effect awesome? I've heard really good things. I'm gagging for a PC version to drop. I've played all of the hitman series and they were pretty great, too.

DS is heaps of fun, the big selling point for me was this little contraption:

R4DS

Why, if one was so inclined, you'd be able to source the ROMs online and carry around a library of brilliant DS games in your pocket on one cartridge. Of course i only use mine for homebrew software. :innocent_n:

[/geekery]