The Corroboree
kindness

loph seeds... who wants in on a bulk buy?

Don't suppose anyone is interested in doing something like this again? It seems like a great idea.

I don't think I could organise it because I dont know enough about the subject, bit of a noob...but no doubt someone else could.

So, anyone interested?

Peace,

Mind

Don't suppose anyone is interested in doing something like this again? It seems like a great idea.

I don't think I could organise it because I dont know enough about the subject, bit of a noob...but no doubt someone else could.

So, anyone interested?

Peace,

Mind

I will be buying a few bulk lots in the near future, so if anyone is interested, please advise either here or pm me... I probably wont go to the varieta extreme that meanies did, but there'll be a 3-5 different types in there... Depends on how many people are in and for how much...

I will be buying a few bulk lots in the near future, so if anyone is interested, please advise either here or pm me... I probably wont go to the varieta extreme that meanies did, but there'll be a 3-5 different types in there... Depends on how many people are in and for how much...

Count me in Gilligan, please...

Edited by salem13

yep count me in too., :) - depending on varieties. ;)

Can i tempt anyone with free cactus seeds?

There is no telling what they are,i collected a mixture from varous plants with no illegal chemicals that i know of.

All plants are legal and legitmate,no wild collected.

Pm me if you want this years seeds containing no illicit substances.

OK, had a look on the website (earth alchemy) and haev come up with the following...

Varietas i am looking at purchasing

L. fricii 100/41

L. koehresii 100/41

L. will v hipolito 500/85

L. will v menchaca 100/78

L. will v est marte 100/70

L. will v grau blau select 100/107

L. will v Mex 54 100/41

Some of these seeds are expensive varietas, so they won't be $15 per 100.

Depends on how many people are in as to what it will cost... got 4 so far, including me... and i want half of the hipolitos, so that bring the price right down for everyone else... :)

At this rate, if 10 people are in, then the cost will be 46.50 (+postage of prob $2) for 110 seeds, 1/10 of those as listed above...

If people don't want in then that is fine, i'm still getting a few types as bulk. If more people than the 10 want in, then once i get more numbers i can possibly get more seeds for a little more...

Ie, 1000 mex 54 is another $90, so for another $9 ea, you would get 100 of them instead of 10...

If there is a chorus to swap one of the more expensive varietas for a cheaper one (ie, menchaca 100/78 to La Paloma 1000/170) then we could look at that as well...

Anyway, let me know... I'm not particularly interested in just getting all the cheaper types, i want some of the more interesting/rarer varieties... :)

Hey gilligan,

If you do go ahead with this and you don't already have plastic sappy bags let me know hey! I'll send ya some... after the last experience of sorting seeds i'd consider them essential :blush:

peace :)

Hey gilligan,

If you do go ahead with this and you don't already have plastic sappy bags let me know hey! I'll send ya some... after the last experience of sorting seeds i'd consider them essential :blush:

peace :)

LOL

I've got some already meanies, thanks heaps anyway... Grin. Now it's my turn to experience the joy of seed sorting :):):)

ahhh almost enough to do the brain in... after a bottle of whiskey and soooo much laughter with a chick I hardly knew I had to take the next day off work!!

Good vibes and all that to the seeds we sorted though :) hope they are all doing well out there with everyone... I had to give all mine away to a small gnome. He says they are doing well :P

I'm in, :)

although I would support the cheaper option - If I turn out to be in the minority, I'm happy to pay for the above selection.

cheers Gilligan

Sort of with watertrade on that one Gilligan,

But if you guys get support for the more expensive option I will gladly opt out, im sure i can find some seeds around the place :) its just that im no experienced grower so im probably likely to lose more than i grow...and if those happen to be the more expensive ones then, well im sure you can see where im going with this...having said that, what is the likely germination rate with these, anyone care to enlighten me, and would anyone care to advise me on whether or not this would be a wise idea if ive never dealt with loph's before...or cacti for that matter?

Seeking the advice of those who know,

Peace,

Mind

great way to raise cacti seed.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=9849

I think that the germination rate depends on a few things though... one I can think of is the age of the seed, (the younger, i.e. fresher, the better) temperature is also a biggun.

I am certainly not the most informed in this department however and am most willing to stand corrected.

I have had great success using the method outlined in the thread above tho. One small modification for me is using a good quality cactus mix in the containers for 8/10ths and sifting the final 2/10ths through a kitchen sifter.

peace

OK, had a look on the website (earth alchemy) and haev come up with the following...

L. fricii 100/41

L. koehresii 100/41

L. will v Mex 54 100/41

i want some of the more interesting/rarer varieties... :)

just curious, but how do you know which varieties from earth alchemy are rare / and or interesting?

Other than the geographical location, what makes a hipolito different from a grau blau select?

just curious, but how do you know which varieties from earth alchemy are rare / and or interesting?

Other than the geographical location, what makes a hipolito different from a grau blau select?

Basing my research on other sites selling seeds, they are all higher prices for the ones in question

Maybe they are harder to get, better looking, fuck knows. Fuck cares, for that matter :)

For me, it's all about having a variety of different types (look up pics of the different types, you'll see the differences some fluffy, some not, some spiralled, some not) and i'm willing to pay for those different types. I don't see them going on the auction sites, so where else are you going to get them? It's all supply and demand.

I'm gonna have my pets for as long as i'm around, thus i am willing to spend some $ now and enjoy seeing them grow.

For me, it's all about having a variety of different types (look up pics of the different types, you'll see the differences some fluffy, some not, some spiralled, some not) and I’m willing to pay for those different types.

Hey gilligan or anyone,

Do you know if there is somewhere with pics and named varieties of lophs?

L Williamsi var Sandia El Grande looks like...

``````````

```0000```

``000000``

``000000``

```0000```

``````````

Actually now I have grafting down some different varieties would be good.

If anyone wants just L willamsii seeds I have some from earth alchemy I am happy to sell at the earthalchemy prices. PM me. :)

I came across a website at some stage that had a map that could be clicked on that would show the different varieties and where they were collected from. Has anyone else seen this website? It was really informative....

Lophophora.info?

I look forward to this years fieldwork.

Mina in NL looks interesting,i assume Mina means mine.

What they mine i do not know

Edited by Garbage

yep it is lophophora.info cheers man :)

Edited by meanies

COUNT ME IN!!!!

L. fricii 100/41

L. koehresii 100/41

L. will v Mex 54 100/41

Ie, 1000 mex 54 is another $90, so for another $9 ea, you would get 100 of them instead of 10...

Yeah - a bulk order - :) missed out on the last one.

Count me in, if I'm not too late - happy to go the extra $9 for more mex too.

Edited by Spines

Wondering why some Mina specimens exhibited bizarre growth i find the Mineral structure about the Mina location includes compounds of Lead,Zinc Sulfur,Arsenic and Barium.

Maybe a dose of Barium rat poison would create mutations,one would not want to eat the results.