The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
FungalFractoids

Bible written while high?

When I was in Israel in 2000 (The place was full of crazy hippies waiting for the rapture) there were some guys I met who went looking for a weed that was growing out of the gap between the flagstones on a footpath spomewhere, they got the seeds and crushed them up and added them to a bottle of vodka. The vodka was split 4 ways and the guys were tripping hard. I was told that this one guy was so out of it he went to the wrong hostel, wrong room, wrong backpack looking for his passport and was discovered by the actual owner rifling through the backpack and received a face full of fist. He then decided to go and attempt to dig the flagstones out with his hands, breaking a number of fingernails. Apparently he was seeing visual trails for 3 days afterwards.

I was never given a description of the plant but it sounds like it could have been a Datura.

Crazy times

Lovin this thread :D

i was talking about P Diddy - ThunderIdeal
as far as I'm concerned he is a mushroom - The Dude
don't take my word for it just take the motherfucking red pill!!!! - The Dude
im sure they left the time he got trashed n punched someone for laughing at his sandals - VM
It's more than likely that he synthesised 2cb in the desert and proceeded to overdose on it - that stuff always makes people think everything is on fire when they've taken too much. Who can blame him for such an error??? Moses only possessed scales that went down to 0.1 as he didn't feel much need to have anything better, possibly due to the fact that he only dealt weed in weights above half oz's.

And did you know that the strain of weed Panama Red doesn't refer to the country Panama at all??? It instead refers to the strain of cannabis that Moses harvested from the shores of the Red Sea before he parted it - that guy smuggled 2lb of the Pharaoh's finest from one shore to the other. - IndigoSunrise

ROFLMFAO

awesome lads, glad this hasnt degenerated into a bullshit arguement about religion because like has been said, "who the fuck knows ".

LOL indigo sunrise

just in case anyone hasn't heard of this idea before, i'd recommend taking a look at this Pharmacratic Inquisition video, im sure ive posted it here before last time this was discussed.

http://www.pharmacratic-inquisition.com/ma..._position=21:21

the beginning of that Zeitgeist movie touches on the astrotheological side of it too, just doesn't bring entheogens into the equation.

personally i think it's quite plausible that these plants had a role in the creation of religions, there's a decent amount of symbolism which suggests such a thing. however i also know that the 'religious experience' can be induced without the use of drugs, and it's this archetypal experience which is really at the core. wondering round the desert dehydrated and hungry all day will most likely do the job, as will spending 10 years practicing meditation.

it was probably a matter of what's available when and where combined with 'different strokes for different blokes' as to who used what back in the day. Tantra is probably a good example of this, with the right hand path (dakshinachara) and left hand path (vamachara) to enlightenment, both considered equally valid but vamachara seen as the faster and more dangerous road to take, which isn't suited to all practitioners. the former focuses on more traditional hindu principles and meditation, while the later incorporates sex rituals, intoxicants, animal sacrifice and all that fun stuff.

and then if you are interested in hearing the counter argument, you might want to have a read of a book called 'Shroom: a cultural history of the magic mushroom' by Andy Letcher who sets out to prove that all the supposed links to entheogens (well mushrooms specifically) throughout history are more a product of over-association and wishful thinking by generations of trippers than any real evidence of such practices. his main beef is with Wasson, although he addresses many other theories including Allegro's work as well as McKenna's. it's a decent read however i picked up on too much bias to look at it as any more definitive than the theories he attacks, i described it as a knee-jerk reaction, just nice for some balance i guess.

awesome lads, glad this hasnt degenerated into a bullshit arguement about religion because like has been said, "who the fuck knows ".

Give it time... I'm just getting started.

Krishna and Vishnu and probably more Hindu deities are blue in coloration, much like the staining flesh of the holy mushroom that grows out of the holy shit of their holy cows.

i've noticed the blue skin kicks around quite a bit. hindu iconography isn't set in stone, so a deva might have blue skin in one image/description and not in another. i've never seen krishna without it though, probably because the bhagavad-gita which describes his incarnation says his skin is blue.

You can read Shanon's full paper as a PDF by going here. It's in the first issue of a new journal, Time and Mind, and they have made the whole first issue available for download via that link.

Elf