The Corroboree
ballzac

Method Man

med_gallery_1298_7_61552.jpg

‘The Method Man’ will be screening @ MUFF8!

Come see ‘The Method Man’ on the big screen at 7pm on Monday 24th September @ LOOP BAR, 23 Meyers Place.

My debut 16mm short film will be screening along with other short films as part of MUFF’s Mini-MUFF short film sessions #1.

Jimi

[email protected]

The Method Man is a ten minute docudrama about a psychonaut's journey (played by me) through Tussin space. Come check it out at the Melbourne Underground Film Festival at the venue and date/time mentioned by the director above.

-Zac

EDIT: Here is the trailer:

Edited by ballzac

Where abouts in Melbourne will it be?

The address is there in the quote. It's in the CBD. As far as I know it's off Bourke St, just near Spring St (i.e. just near parliament station.)

Edited by ballzac

I thought this was going to concern Wu Tang

Good luck with the showing, sounds like an interesting film :)

Are you gonna put it on youtube or something for the plebs like me who don't live in Melbourne?

I thought this was going to concern Wu Tang

LOL, me too.

Are you gonna put it on youtube or something for the plebs like me who don't live in Melbourne?

Yes please, me wantee.

Edited by IllegalBrain

Not my movie so it's not up to me. I'll have to ask Jimi if he's planning on doing that at some point. I know he's working on a trailer that he will put online somewhere and he'll sell copies of the DVD. He's just working on the special features at the moment. As the film is only ten minutes he wants a few special features to make it worth paying for a dvd for.

Not my movie so it's not up to me. I'll have to ask Jimi if he's planning on doing that at some point. I know he's working on a trailer that he will put online somewhere and he'll sell copies of the DVD. He's just working on the special features at the moment. As the film is only ten minutes he wants a few special features to make it worth paying for a dvd for.

Maybe he could collab with some other artists and release a collection type thing?

Here is the trailer. He may be putting a link to the movie up at some stage, but at the moment you would have to contact him for a DVD copy or come to the screening if you want to see it.

I'm glad you liked it. If you follow the link from the video to his youtube page there is a film clip and a couple of other things he has directed. Method man is his debut film though. I think he's imaginative, talented, and dedicated, and I can't wait to see what else he produces in the future.

Looks awesome, hope i can catch the full thing somewhere

are those light glasses homemade?

Looks good.

I LMAO at the opening scene, u could cut the tension with a chainsaw!, then when u both sit at the table talk about uncomfortable!, is that ur girlfriend or was it just realy good acting?

The trip was visualy stunning.

Thanks

Endrogen I think he had a thread on the LED goggles.

Edited by shruman

Yeah. The LED goggles are homemade. And yes, she's really my girlfriend.

there's another film in the festival called "Rolling" (about mdma culture) that some may find interesting as well

Jimi has put Method Man online!!!

It can be found here:

http://60sox.org.au

by following the links through "film and video" and the subcategory "documentary"

Hope everyone likes it.

Oh, and the screening went well. About 40 people there. Difficult to gauge what people thought, but it was good to see it on the bigscreen, if a little surreal.

Also, the film will only be up for a short period of time. Please leave feedback whether positive or negative. Thanks

Edited by ballzac

i liked it alot, although it was short it didn't cease to capture my attention.

what do you use the led glasses for, influencing brainwaves?

i cant find the post you made about them.

I don't know if I really believe the stuff about them affecting brainwaves. I just use them because they intensify visuals in dxm and high doses of lsd (they seems to be useless with mushrooms and lsa). Often it is hard to hallucinate from less than 600mg DXM HBr, or the first time one Dexes, these goggles trigger hallucinations. There is a post somewhere in the trading forum as I was offering a pair as a prize for a competition. Unfortunately I damaged them before I had a chance to send them to the winner, and ended up giving him some HBWR seeds instead.

Awesome film mate...

I thought the monologue of you was good.

I would really like to see more film in this direction in the future...

It inspiring for me.

Cheers Ballzac.

nice work mate, gives me a few ideas for a doco I'd like to start on :)

Great stuff sorta had this strange smiling whince on my face, would be good to see another scene with your GF, just for a bit of closure, Guess Ill have to wait for the full length feature! nooooooooice :lol:

In case anyone missed it the first time around, the movie is now on youtube:

:)

• Like 2

thanks,

do you use those goggles often?