The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
El Barto

white trumpet

remember a while ago a friend told me he had used a plant with a white trumpet like flower for recreational purposes

havent seen this friend in a long time and was wondering what it was

any1 know what its name might be?

Proly a Brugmansia or Datura, find one & munch a couple of flowers.

Proly a Brugmansia or Datura, find one & munch a couple of flowers.

no, dont... although im not sure if the flowers contain any chems.

Edited by XipeTotec

No dont, do some research.

Yeah they do shroomy.

If the trumpet points up its probably Datura

If it hangs downward its probably Brugmansia.

Belladonna alkaloids are likely.

Not a great choice for munching although the rare person does just fine with them. Go figure.

Of course if your friend really liked munching them perhaps that is why you have not seen them in a while?

no, dont... although im not sure if the flowers contain any chems.

Flowers with Datura and for Brugmansia are waaaaaay more potent than the leaves!!! With Datura stramonium people seem to opt for seeds because they are potent and very very plentiful, but with Brugmansia the flowers are considered to be the strong stuff.

Either way... be very very very very goddam careful. It seems most of the stories you hear about people and tropane intoxication ends with a cell for the night or the hospital restrained.

Munching a couple of Brug flowers is much too high a dose considering 1\3rd flower in tea and 1\3rd smoked produced delirium for me.

It is highly likely that the trumpets in question were that of a Brug - and as Indigo mentioned, these are extremely dangerous to use 'for recreation'. Religious use of these plants in South America was enough to put some partakers into either a state of intense delerium (disconnection with this reality, as well as seeing things that were not there whatsoever - like getting a cup out of the cupboard, and trying to fill it with water, only to see the water run through your hand because there was never a cup there in the first place - VERY DANGEROUS, considering the intense dehydration that can come from the consumtion of any tropane carrying plants) or even placing the partaker into a coma lasting anywhere from a few minutes to several days.

Do your research, AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE before even considering playing with such things. I know of nobody who would dare experiment with these ones, except from the very occasional seasoned psychonaut around these parts (do a search) or people looking for a cheap high (search google for Jimson Weed or Datura Stramonium, Belladonna or Brugmansia). Even then do they rarely go back a second time.

The effects are very intense, producing delerium, intoxication and hallucinations, even at what might appear a low dose. They can last for several days (usually not so, but can do) which can be enough time to do several life altering (not necessarily in a good way... :() things that you may live to regret. That said, these plants have been used medicinally, spiritually and even recreationally by peoples of the Americas for several centuries.

Still, it is not something that many people will even consider, and for good reason. Long story short - research and inform others who may be curious about the plants as to their power.

End rant.

smoke a cone or two of dried brug flower (or leaf preferably as it's lower alkaloids) and you'll be fine. Won't produce any delirium and will allow a slightly increased meditational state.

Edited by SaBReT00tH

FOAF smoke about 5 cones of Brugmansia sp. flowers over about an hour, not the most pleasant effects, not enough to cause delirium, but close enough i think. Effects would include dizziness, unsteady gait [LOL], disorientation, heavy, weighty feeling in the head. Not something this FOAF wants to do regularly or even ever again, especially at a higher dose. Was an interesting experiment or so I hear.

Not a group of plants to be taken lightly, much research and preperation should be be done, and most importantly much respect for such a powerful and poisonous entheogen must be given.

Most reports, as previously stated in this thread, are not of pleasant accounts or mind opening experiences or teachings, they usually refer to delerium, coma, police and emergency rooms and stomach pumps, sometimes even death. Not very nice.

If you play with the venomous snakes tail, it will bite you.

not all brugs are equal and dose is very important.

i'd recommend vulcanicola,lol,as the best and sanguinea is good too.mix bulk leaf together and crush to obtain a batch of known potency.

gave some leaves to spiraleyes,they liked cones so much they rolled it up and smoked it.

then drove and felt their driving better than normal.

just the right dose of stimulation from scopolamine i assume.

star jasmine or similar and a little brug can be euphoric but functional,excellent under the night sky.

but not for regular use,will dull the mind,some say it can lead to real brain damage!

t s t .

Search the forums for "tropanes".

Some suggest the safest way is to ingest travel-sickness medication (eg. Trava-calm) as it's principally the same compound but quantifiable.

Smoking seems relatively safe as far as preserving your sanity. Homogenise your material to standardise doses.

Check the datura vault on Erowid (especially bad trips and horror experiences) for some fucked up horror stories that make excellent reading.

Be careful, do your research and you won't wake up in a hospital after three days of delirious bed-shitting.

Many members here claim very positive experiences. Many more are too cautious to try it.

Edited by MORG

They prove to be much better allies for some people than for others.

Tropanes have too much amnesia, diploptia, dysphoria and cotton mouth for my tastes but some people resonate well with them.

brugmansia or datura sound likely but he could also have meant Rivea corymbosa.

el barto said that his 'friend had used a plant with white trumpet like flowers', not that the flowers themselves were specifically ingested.

for recreational purposes LSA would be much more useful than Tropanes, IMO.

Edited by Paradox

omg just nibble a bit first go , then nibble a bit more next time, etc until u work out the dose

Just a note: Brugmansia and Datura flowers are atropine rich, which is not so wanted compared to scopolamine. Both are poisonous, but scopolamine causes the more 'desired' effects, compared to atropine which seems to produce mostly unwanted bodyload / unpleasant effects. Even more, Mandrake and Hyoscyamus have the additional agent Hysoscyamine which is also poisonous and similar to scopolamine and atropine, but relatively preferable, if some could find the tropane plants effects 'wanted'.

The anti-nausea pills of the market usually contain scopolamine, not atropine.

What I imply is that if one intends to work with such a dangerous plant such as datura/brugmansia, it might be preferable to choose another plant part, not flowers.

Edited by mutant

If you seriously want to try tripping on tropanes, In my long passed experinace the best way to go about it is with Avil sea/motion sickness tablets which contain Hyoscine hydrobromide.

Generaly the starting dose is around 8-10 tabs working up to around 13, usualy better to try around the 10 mark on the first experinace then go for more another time if you feel like it wasnt enough.

It used to be very popular in my area when I was growing up.

Wheres T lol he would be able to help no doubt i remember he used to play around with brug a lot as a young fulla

Edited by -YT-

Just a note

If you seriously want to try tripping on tropanes, In my long passed experinace the best way to go about it is with Avil sea/motion sickness tablets which contain Hyoscine hydrobromide.

hyoscine = scopolamine // hyoscyamine is another tropane alkaloid

Moreover, going for a delirium is not necessarily what one would want in his first or any experience with these substances, even though the delirium is what tropanes are infamous for.

Angel%20Trumpet%20Tree.jpg

So where in the world do these things originate?

I was suprised to find that in North East Laos many ov the villages would have one ov these plants growing. Usually in a little fenced in patch ov its own.

These villages are still predominantly anamist, venerating the spirits ov trees, rocks, rivers etc., so i wouldn't be suprised if the plant was being grown for ritual use.

http://www.country-data.com/cgi-bin/query/r-7804.html

Well the 6 main species are native to subtropical regions of South America {Wiki} - but they're used as ornamentals almost everywhere!

I'd be thinking they made their way over there with the chilli.