The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
botanika

Spicey herbal extract blend

Firstly, before I knew any of this "what is actually in it & is it legal" controversy, I tried it in NZ about 3 years ago - made a nice subsitute and was wildy impressed with a legal smoke that was so effective!

Having not smoked MJ for over 12 months now, decided to give it myself a treat about a month back and ordered some from the UK (before reading the forums here & started regretting my impulsive actions) Due to parcel tracking, I worked out it took a full two weeks to go through customs, but finally arrrived NO PROBLEMS... Customs had opened it & inspected it, but placed a "We opened you package but there was nothing inside of any concern" letter enclosed....... So whatever is or isnt in it - customs at this stage arent (or dont know to be) worried about it & let it through........

NZ's London Underground have come out with a new version Dream (meant to be as strong as Spice Diamond) so shall post advice of any "Customs OKs" with that product for those interested........

Edited by FNF72

Having not smoked MJ for over 12 months now, decided to give it myself a treat about a moth back and ordered some from the UK - took a whilst (2 weeks) to get through customs, but finally arrrived NO PROBLEMS... Customs had opened it & inspected it, but placed a "We opened you package but there was nothing inside of any concern" letter enclosed......So whatever is or isnt in it - customs at this stage arent worried about it........

Almost everyone confuses customs with quarantine. Can you please confirm which of these it was please. What colour was the pamphlet they put in it?

Almost everyone confuses customs with quarantine. Can you please confirm which of these it was please. What colour was the pamphlet they put in it?

Most certainly - I kept it for future reference.......

A white "Opened for inspection - No items removed" flyer from Aust Customs Service and stamped with "Customs 60 MGF" round stamp - just to kindly explain their right to basically tear in half in the course of inspection & heavily tape it back up to send it on it's way!!!!!

post-4675-1218544906_thumb.jpg

Cool, thanks for that.

Now, just because customs lets somehting in does not mean it is legal. All it means is that it passed THAT LEVEL of scrutiny. This means that either THAT INSPECTOR used a level of scrutiny that did not concern customs, or that all inspectors use that level of scrutiny. If the latter then you are fine [until it changes], but if the former then another import on another day [or even the same day] might get into trouble.

For example, imagine hypothetically that spice contains a synthetic cannabinoid. All cannabinoids are scheduled in oz. 3 level of scrutiny are possible.

1) visual inspection. being a herbal material in commercial packaging it won't concern customs too much.

2) FID analysis. This can only detect the most common drugs which would NOT include the synthetic cannabinoids at this point.

3) Full lab analysis. Usually this involves GC/MS and or HPLC. It also usually means a several week delay in your parcel. Whether or not this would cause your item to be stopped depends on the competence of the operator, the database they are using, and a whole lot of other factors.

There is a good reason why the package states 'not for sale in USA and australia' as these are the only major markets with analogs laws that cover such substances.

Thanks - I appreciate the heads up.... There are so many conflicting stories going around about what is and isnt in it, the fact some retailers do sell it to Aus customers and others dont (let alone the retailers in Aus that sell it) you just dont know what to believe......Sure as hell wont be making OS purchases anymore - shall just pay the extra when I get the now very rare urge & get it from Aust Retailers/or the blokes who are selling via ebay.....Ive become quite partial to other herbs now in my old age so prob wont be indulging that much of the spice gear anymore. Bang a beautiful bag of Blue Lotus and some extract in front of me instead these days

The silly thing is - most consumers (Like myself) expect everything in a product is listed, so would not expect anything else to be in it and be oblivious to the truth because of unscrupulous retailers - So for that I must thank you as it's been a real eye opener

Interesting note (and to confuse people even futher) - the last bag of Spice Gold in the new packaging I bought (here in Australia off a "retailer") only states "Not for Sale in the USA" - and no mention of Australia (another reason that gave me ideas of the legality of the product might have changed..........

post-4675-1218554817_thumb.jpg

Edited by FNF72

I think most consumers that buy/import it are safe anyway as they are buying it in good faith as per label. It's the retailers that import it that are taking a much higher risk.

I think most consumers that buy/import it are safe anyway as they are buying it in good faith as per label. It's the retailers that import it that are taking a much higher risk.

LOL - that was one of my main gripes in my edits - buying in good faith!!!!!! What do you make of the "revision" of the new package - ie the ommission of Aust?!?!?!?!?!? Greedy manufacuters that have caught on to it getting through ?

"will take profits away from the pharm companies either" - isn't that what the spice mob is now, putting that much store in some undisclosed synthetic? If Roche started using botanical bases for their benzos, I don't think that would suddenely make them "esteemed purveyors of rare and sacred botanicals" :lol: or do we just mean the big ones?

Weird stuff, this. Does not sit well in my brain, somehow. Very few things after a couple tokes will my brain say "this is bad for you"... but it happened with this.

Scan of the ingredients (listed, that is) seem more like someone tried to make a nice all round tonic tea for womens issues... it reads like a "whos who" of widely loved especially North American womens herbs, all its missing is some Black Haw and Squaw Root! It would be very very efficient in that capacity, esp with the clover, chaste n motherwort. maybe someone mixed it up for their wife and then spilt something on it, haha. maybe the makers should make one for men, say syrian rue goo on a saw palmetto base :lol: with a big fat mandragore chucked in on principle...

Whatever is in it, certainly has some capacity to elbow more widely appreciated things out of the way... eg... couple tokes of spicegirl after quite a few of the original and still the best, and suddenly youre in wide awake and straight as a nail land... very disconcerting!

I can see how it kinda hits the spot for the hard up, but anyone that thinks this stuff is "just like real weed" either gets some fucking awful smoko on average, or is too soft upstairs to even think about getting blasted with anything much, haha.

Nice of em to add the vanilla to explain the (I suspect...) vanilla taste of their godless compounds though... anyone else notice that cyperus seed can have a very similar sweetness on the outbreath? Desmodium roots have the same thing at times... makes me wonder why they even bothered with the possible synthetic C's when there's hardly a shortage of other things to give you the tinglies and sparklies, extremity sensations and hypnagoguic enhancement. I know analogues wise and marketing wise they have certain limits, but yeah... seems like they went to a lot of trouble for not much of a party.

Taste wise, well there's no shortage of things to inject a lil spicey tangey hashiness either... this stuff just tastes like table sweepings after sorting a range of different plant materials, or something, mixed with port royal or any other honeysweet smoke... And they should have bound the marshmallow root powder more firmly, it tends to settle out on the tongue and inside the bag ,and as a panadol-sweet towards the end of of a measure... dodgy.Guess the white powderiness gives the kiddies something to goggle over, maaybe. Wouldn't be a problem but for x hundred dollars, they should have paid more attention. hell they coulda bunged some tragacanth resin in there, tiny amount, keep it all hanging out together, slow burn rate a lil, AND theyd get to put "acacia" on their ingredients just to get the bogans guessing, haha.

Not a bad smoke, I'd probably buy it at ...eh... a dollar a g :lol: Seriously. Its criminal using peoples good intentions against em to get that much money out of them.

Though they should be congratulated for spending that much time spamming various forums n sites with their propaganda... just like the real thing indeed... yeah...cept noone has to smoke 3 huge spliffs in under an hour to get a very slight sensation of satiety, with lingering traces of sanity...bugger that. Charging so much helps, I see lots of posts on forums of "got this on order" and a week later "yeah tis amazing!" well you'd say that, you'd look like a bit of a nong to blow that much cash and go to bed straight anyway :lol: I reckon if they did charge a dollar a g, few would hold it in such high esteem ;) Fiscal placebo?

Just mix your own, or outsource to someone who can, these jokers have enough money I reckon.

VM

Edited by Vertmorpheus

I am not saying Spice Gold it is as good as MJ - Spice Gold (Et al) is just an OK substitute if you want something to chill with as an alternative, or if you had a drought.......But anyway each to their own on this topic.....

Latests update - no problems with order of London Undergrouds (NZ) new homebrand version "Dream" - arrived a week after order - nice blend so far - smells different to spice gold but less chemically taste to it - more of a mellow buzz too it so quite nice :-) Worth giving a whirl if you like spice........

if mj was legal these smoking blends wouldn't be available. no one knows whats in them and what they do long term. its a sad state when prohibition leads to these unknowns when the knowns of mj are well known. it has to be one of the safest if not the safest herbs when naturally grown. it just shows why prohibition will never work. the more they suppress nature the more nature tries to find an alternative. the archaic revival is the only way out.

all i can say is always think twice about what you put into your body. having said this if it was a choice between spice and commercial hydro i'd probably go the spice. it feels a lot more natural even if it is synthetic. it increases sensitivity rather than decreases. ideally i would avoid both but some things are unavoidable.

Edited by ethnodude

i've moved on from it...i started growing bitch tits and getting all emotional (estrogeneric?) throw in a couple of wines and i started balling in girly movies but to those of us still hanging in there it goes well (potentiated by)with kanna ..just to try and get a bit more value for money out of it...(impossible)

it's a bit of a trap...easy to settle in with it...but it's just too damned pricey girl spicey...keep searching...i emplore you...

...actually ...no ...each to their own...if you want it.... you go for it :lol:girlpower!

i saw/see that stuff in many countries, i'm with ethnodude on this one, this expensive shit doesn't interrest me at all.

and let's not forget, it might cause bad irreversable side effects.

spice, no thanks! :puke:

You could just use the herbs in it but not the actual product spice... herbs like pedicularis and lotus and what not...

You could just use the herbs in it but not the actual product spice... herbs like pedicularis and lotus and what not...

In theory if one were to extract the right isolates from the herbs listed in Spice, surely this would still create a decent smoking blend?

Has anyone tried any natural extracts that are close to Spice in effects? How about natural legal blends such as "I can,t believe its not hashish"?

In theory if one were to extract the right isolates from the herbs listed in Spice, surely this would still create a decent smoking blend?

Has anyone tried any natural extracts that are close to Spice in effects? How about natural legal blends such as "I can,t believe its not hashish"?

thanks for the suggestions teotz/trypy i'm going to start growing some (or all) of them and blending 'em/extracting comboing and hopefully come up with some kind of recipe that surpassed it in effect...recipes are free but samples are :wink: cost price....this going to take some serious time though i.e. blue lotus takes 3 years to flower from seed but hell i'm in no hurry and cost price wont be a g for 3gs :slap: but i wont be putting any secret ing.'s in mine.....

one theory is that rumour about secret stuff is just to breed more interest/sales..

another one is that theres some kind of tryptamineesque plastic spray on it with just about every stated ingredient in it just put there to hide that mystery ingredient...

but theories dont answer questions.... experimentation will eventually lead to results...i can 99.9% guarantee you good folks that i aint goin' to be the spice killer...going for long hawl spice transcendance....

p.s. i think pedicularis is pretty hard to grow in aus. too teo. and then theres importation being all tight arsed like a frogs...

Daylight, if someone was allergic to cannabis why would they choose to indulge in a cannabis substitute? Someone who is allergic to cannbis would probably not be affectionate to the cannabis effects and if was put in a position that prohibitited them indulging in this drug (ie drug testing at work) would probably not go hunting for a substitute, as they don't like it in the first place. So whats the problem?

Sometimes secrets are good to keep.

Here in NZ, Spicy herbal extracts are greatly enjoyed by the Army and others unfortunate enough to be drug tested at work.

Also, those who get too paranoid smoking weed seem to find paranoia less of a problem with the Spicy herbal extracts. Of course paranoia is likely amplified by prohibition, so a similar legal substance will likely cause less.

Yesterday when i made the above post the last one that my computer showed was the first one by daylight but today when i checked this post there was a heaps between his and mine, how bizzare.

There was some research available on it and it listed a particular irreversible side effect in rare cases. It was enough to turn me off utilising it.

Torsten,

Are you able to say what the irreversible side effect is? Is it brain damage or some kind of hormonal imbalance or something? I'm just curious. I never heard of Spice before I read this thread. Thanks.

naming that irreversible side effect may in fact therefore name the exact chem. (ir)responsible and therefore therefore..get it banned...sometimes its good to know, sometimes its good to not know, sometimes its good to know to not know and sometimes its good to .....Attack!

Edited by Airbender

"double post...come on airbender you can do better than that" WHO said that?...no in reality..i think it might in fact have poison in it but that all depends on your version of what is poison...i mean too much water can kill you dead...shall we ban it..people out there are reading this right now and thinkin' fuck yeah..scuse the french...water is some dangerous fuckin' stuff that kills kiddies all the time..lets totally regulate it..make it available by script only..(thirsty)...i hope this kind of "no fkn clue" post, spit on t.s floor doesnt get me banned....maybe a thread like this is better off in the chem forum where the walls are a bit stronger...or even ditch bitch..but now i'm getting a bit ahead of myself...and oh yeah it just occured to me...as the sun comes up on a glorious day that IM NOT A MOD>......grain of salt post...have a go at me and i'll make it disappear (like magic,NO?)...dont forget this is a place for discussion only..so play nice kiddies...thinking real hard about going away on hiatus with some real nice friends..gotta rest up..before i jion the army,maybe..but we'll see. might be a good idea...so damned tired..sore jaws..rest ab rest zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ahhhhhhhhhh zzzzzzzzzzzzzz renovation rescue is my favorite show but its not on anymore

Edited by Airbender

I have been having a google investigation into this "Spice" stuff and I think I can answer two mysteries, Why is it so expensive and What is potentially permanent side effect.

Firstly , the product comes from a distant planet known as Arrakis aka Dune . The problem of mining the spice is further compounded by giant sandworms who attack mining equipment attracted by the vibration .A third price pressure is demand from those who would use it as fuel for intergallactic travel.

The mystery side effect caused by excessive consumption is your eyes turn blue

post-4537-1219810557_thumb.png

post-4537-1219810580_thumb.jpg

post-4537-1219810608_thumb.jpg

post-4537-1219810652_thumb.jpg

Edited by m.c pseudo e

The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel. The Spacing Guild and its navigators, who the spice has mutated over 4000 years, use the orange spice gas, which gives them the ability to fold space. That is, travel to any part of the universe without moving.

It can render flesh to dust in minutes. And these dry winds can generate tremendous static electricity in the atmosphere. Our body shields won't have enough power to operate in the open air on Arrakis.

Edited by Passive Daemon