The Corroboree

lungwort

psycho0

i caught the end of gardening australia the other day and saw them mention this plant i can't remember the first name but the second was officionalis. does anyone know what this plant is and if it is good for lung problems?

"pulmonaria officinalis- lungwort

because the name lungwort has been applied to both a both a flowering plant & a moss there has been some confusion amongst even the best herbal writers, who have mixed up the slightly differing attributes of both remedies, & even the common names. it is pulmonaria officinalis that is commonly known as jerusalem cowslip, & is the 'lungwort' mainly used by modern herbalists. this is emollient, expectorant, & astringent. it is used as an infusion, the whole plant being collected in late spring & dried. it will be found useful for most respiratory conditions, including coughs, bronchitis, pharyngitis & bronchial catarrh. for coughs use equal parts of colts foot & lungwort"- culpeper's colour herbal.

t st tantra:

if its really an issue and anyone badly wants some ,coltsfoot is available here as a loose herb.

email me

t s t .

thanx anyway man but just this morning i was given a small pot with about 3 coltsfoot plants in it.