The Corroboree
Hagakure

Youtube vids

http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video/xaax5...e_news?from=rss

Almost weird enough for its own thread??? Maybe not?

The Men Who Stare at Goats

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the movie adaptation, see The Men Who Stare at Goats (film).

The Men Who Stare at Goats is a book by Jon Ronson about the U.S. Army's exploration of New Age concepts and the potential military applications of the paranormal. The title refers to attempts to kill goats by staring at them.

Contents

[hide]

* 1 Primary themes

* 2 TV documentary

* 3 Movie adaptation

* 4 References

* 5 External links

[edit] Primary themes

The book examines connections between paranormal military programs and psychological techniques being used for interrogation in the War on Terror. The book traces the evolution of these covert activities over the past three decades, and sees how they are alive today within US Homeland Security and post-war Iraq. It examines the use of the theme tune to Barney the Dinosaur on Iraqi prisoners-of-war, the smuggling of a hundred de-bleated goats into the Special Forces command centre at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, and the connection between the US military and the mass-suicide of a new religious movement from San Diego.[1]

[edit] TV documentary

The book accompanies a three-part TV series broadcast on Channel 4 in Britain, Crazy Rulers of the World. The three parts were titled "The Men Who Stare at Goats", "Funny Torture" and "Psychic Footsoldiers" respectively. The idea of the project was to explore "the apparent madness at the heart of US military intelligence." The series discusses and includes members of Psychological operations, First Earth Battalion, and also discusses Project MKULTRA and Frank Olson, including interviews with his son, Eric Olson.

[edit] Movie adaptation

Main article: The Men Who Stare at Goats (film)

A movie based on the book, starring George Clooney, is under production with Winchester, BBC Films and Mandate Pictures. Grant Heslov is directing from a script by Peter Straughan. Ewan McGregor, Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges and Robert Patrick will star opposite Clooney. The movie is set in Iraq (filmed in Comerío Street, Bayamon, Puerto Rico) and centers on Bob Wilton (McGregor), a desperate reporter who stumbles upon the story of a lifetime when he meets Lyn Cassady (Clooney), who claims to be a former secret U.S. Military psychic soldier re-activated post-9/11. Bridges will play Bill Django, the founder of the psychic soldier program and Lyn's mentor. Spacey will play Larry Hooper, a former psychic soldier who is running a prison camp in Iraq.[2] It was filmed at the New Mexico Military Institute.

flute box! gotta watch the second guy he can sing while beat boxing

FLUTEBOX

Edited by Bush_Turkey

My brother just come back from Finland with the whole series downloaded. These guys are crazie!!!!

Always wondered who would write books like this. I personally never messed with the stuff ,have heard more than a few stories of people strung out like fucking research monkeys on it. That being said the delusion that any combination of written words(excluding a direct threat) could be inherently dangerous is cockwash.

This video is disturbing on a number of levels. Makes you wonder who would waste their time making it. Read the caption.

That was great viewing.

That Video was awesome PD! What a Gem.Can't think of anything remotely cool enough to follow that but I will post one anyway.

People have as much right to spread information about amphetamines and other drugs of addiction as they do about psychedelics, but it does concern me that if people with picket fences (so to speak) get upset about youtube having a lot of videos about meth, crack, etc., they might decide to pull all drug related videos off youtube, which wouldn't be good for the trippers and the neo-shamans.

Just conjecturing.

that kind of thing makes me so angry, but according to one of the comments it wasn't a real episode and was never aired.

thunder i'm pretty sure it's a total pisstake...

this guys pretty cool

that's what i said or tried to say. apparently it was filmed as a joke when a season finished and it was distributed among staff, ended up some dvd extras or something later on.

what show is it supposed to be from anyway? i showed it to sombody i know whos ...a little older LOL, and they said they thought it was from a comdey show in the UK?

either way its funny as fuck i love watching older simpson episodes and catching all the ontondras that went over my head as a kid

geez, people are gullible:

In 1979, the cast and crew of Rainbow made a special exclusive sketch for the Thames TV staff Christmas tape, sometimes referred to as the "Twangers" episode. This show featured plenty of deliberate sexual innuendo (beginning with Zippy peeling a banana, saying "One skin, two skin, three skin, four..." before being interrupted), and never shown at the time (as it was never intended to be screened to the general public.) It also included Geoffrey convincing the viewers to play with their balls, but if they didn't have any balls, they could ask a friend and play with his. Jane also claimed that she was banging with Rod and Roger. Soon, Zippy asked them to stop suggesting whether to play with a blowing tube and maraccas, so they could start singing the 'Plucking Song'.

The clip became famous after being aired on Victor Lewis-Smith's Channel 4 programme TV Offal (1997) and was jokingly referred to as "the pilot episode", which it clearly wasn't as Geoffrey Hayes was a presenter at the time. The clip has become widely-spread, first in emails as an attachment and later via online video websites such as YouTube. This has led to many erroneous claims that the episode was publicly broadcast as a regular episode.

this guys pretty cool

That was awesome

WHY,WHY,WHY?