The Corroboree
Greeny

Busted by my landlord

My landlord busted me with my " special tomatoes" :wink:

I've had to chop em 2 weeks early only ended up with 4 oz

Plus my peyote has to go back on the window no more 600watt wraith of god encouraging him.

I almost got kicked out but after patching up the hole i cut inthe roof for the fan he was all sweet. Unfortunatly he's coming back in 3 months so i can't really start again.

Has neone had similar problems?

Suppose it could have been worse he could've tole the boys in blue and that would have sucked hard

Damn man - thats not cool :P But I'm suprised he didnt send you straight to the man after finding a hole in the roof lol Think yourself very lucky that you were allowed to even stay there Greeny :wink: let alone keep the tomatoes :lol:

Fuck man, thats a close shave! Was there any stealthiness to your setup? I'm wondering whether you could've avoided early processing of your tomatoes.

Mate i've not had the same problem, but i'm quite experienced in "stealth grows".....

I've got a FOAF who i've advised on converting a closet/wardrobe into a mini growroom.

Don't necessarily need in/out vents either - just a couple of fans blowing on your greenery to keep their stems strong.

A wide range of fluoros can be used very successfully in grows.

Currently he has 4 x T5 fluoros (36-40w), 1 x 135W "compact fluoro" style in winged reflector, 3 x 45W compact fluoros (also using a few smaller 28W fluoros in bedside lamps (with the clips for easier placement). These are successfully lighting up to 3 or 4 adult "special tomatoes".

Spectrums are varied with mostly cool whites used for vegetative growth and a few replaced with primarily warm whites during flowering cycle.

Odor control is being overcome with 2 or 3 plug-in style fragrance devices (with the mini fans) inside the area, as well as 1 in the room holding the closet/wardrobe, and then another in the hallway outside the room. These can be adjusted for how strong they output fragrance.

I'm sure your peyote would love this setup also.

very lucky dude... it'd have been well within his rights to dob you in, especially for making a hole.

anyhow, doesn't a landlord need to give 24 hrs notice before making an inspection?

Yeah man aren't you shit scared he will change his mind and dob you in anyway?

I'd clean house and move everything somewhere safe.

Very lucky!

Please keep us posted, we don't wanna lose ya :)

veeery lucky, what was ur landlords cut

3 month inspection could be a blessing in disguise landlords are only entitled to 2 visits within any 12 month period.

but u probly shouldnt grow in that house, town, state anymore.

the fuckwits from the electricity company know exactly when you have you 400 or 600 watter going, and notify your landlord.

That's how it works.

it's then up to the landlord to call the cops or whatever.

Again a case of those people who have money sticking together (i.e. landlord and electricity-company) aginst the poor individual who just wants to grow the medicine he so desperately needs.

Technology, money and power working together.

Quite interested reading about those fluoros, but if you add them all together you end up with

Currently he has 4 x T5 fluoros (36-40w),is that all of them together or each? 40wx4=160w

1 x 135W "compact fluoro" style in winged reflector= 135 w

, 3 x 45W compact fluoros=135w

total=430w...

might as well use a 400 w metal halide light , less fuzz same result?

Or?

How much would just that one 135watter do? that would pass unnoticed by the e-company...

With all this talk of indoor grow setups and lights, etc. this thread seems fitting: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...c=13322&hl=

yeah quite interesting but nothing is said about lights.

Where are those new low-wattage grow-lights?

Have looked on the net but can't find them...

oops just found something:

http://www.cannabisculture.com/forums/show...?Number=1102449

and here

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?p=17962

Edited by gomaos

the fuckwits from the electricity company know exactly when you have you 400 or 600 watter going, and notify your landlord.

That's how it works.

it's then up to the landlord to call the cops or whatever.

Again a case of those people who have money sticking together (i.e. landlord and electricity-company) aginst the poor individual who just wants to grow the medicine he so desperately needs.

Technology, money and power working together.

Quite interested reading about those fluoros, but if you add them all together you end up with

Currently he has 4 x T5 fluoros (36-40w),is that all of them together or each? 40wx4=160w

1 x 135W "compact fluoro" style in winged reflector= 135 w

, 3 x 45W compact fluoros=135w

total=430w...

might as well use a 400 w halide light or whatever they're called, less fuzz same result?

Or?

How much would just that one 135watter do? that would pass unnoticed by the e-company...

(also using a few smaller 28W fluoros in bedside lamps (with the clips for easier placement).

Im not entirely sure how true that is.. Although don't quote me on this... But I've been under the impression for quite some time that the more power you use the better money they make....

Anyways main reason fluoros are a better advantage is that they create much less heat (especially cool whites) than a HPS or MH light - which is perfect for those stealth grows, as proper ventillation isn't as necessary.

KlUe

how does the company know ur using a 400 or 600 ? how do u know they know?

those fluros were on sale on an ebay shop hydromasta they come in 2 spectrums would be good for clones or early veg, or small area, ad says equal 400w but thats probly only incadescent light

fluros on mass can create quite a bit of heat and proper ventalation is a necessity to provide optimal growing conditions plants need fresh co2 during day cycle and fresh oxygen during night cycle also helps to control humidity and related problems. Doesnt have to be fans with a small setup passive systems can work well on small scale. A 400 w HPS should reap bout 800 g wot does ur foafs fluros get?

a foaf wouldnt use a light without ventalation

lol my pc power supply runs @ 850w, and your worried about a 400w or 600w?

if u had like 10x 1000w's going then that would be suspicious. otherwise how can it be suss?

Air con is another example, the average one is rated at about 2000w.. 2kw..

in my coral reef fish tanks i use 2x150w mh in each fish tank for the corals so theres about 600w of power just for 2 tanks.

I could think of hundreds of other examples ..

400w or 600w is nothing... why be so paranoid?

why be so paranoid?

NSW police has a truck that can slowly drive down a street and map heat sources inside houses. It is specifically designed to seek out grow rooms. That is a much more relevant danger than the power consumption.

i have an indoor grow room in winter with a 400wt hps bulb and fan heaters inside a small greenhouse. my electric bill was shocking last winter ($400+ for three months of winter usage), mainly due to the fan heaters. the house i'm in is an overly well-known ex-weed seller's home (i had to put signs up i had that many callers the first six months i lived here). i've been here about eight months now and i still get enquiries for "product". i've never been bothered by the cops. my property manager knows i only grow legal plants and has seen my winter growing setup herself.

pot makes me paranoid. that's why i don't smoke the stuff or grow it. :)

This is not good, greeny, but it could have been far worse. Maybe it would have been better not to damage the roof :rolleyes: I definately wouldn´t do it again as from now on he´s surely going to have an extra eye on you. And you can´t be sure if he isn´t talking about it to other persons. Now, it seems to be much safer to buy your tomatoes in the supermarket. Normally landlords kick you out of the house for things like this. I hope for you that he doesn´t changes his mind later. That´s not a good situation your in. I´d try to be on the safe side now and would make everything clean! bye Eg

fluros on mass can create quite a bit of heat and proper ventalation is a necessity to provide optimal growing conditions plants need fresh co2 during day cycle and fresh oxygen during night cycle also helps to control humidity and related problems. Doesnt have to be fans with a small setup passive systems can work well on small scale. A 400 w HPS should reap bout 800 g wot does ur foafs fluros get?

a foaf wouldnt use a light without ventalation

Yes you are correct, they can make a fair deal of heat. But compared to the 400W HPS i've heard about him running, its not nearly as heated in his growroom.

The FOAF is only using a mini desk fan for plant fanning, and 2 oversized PC fans (from his local hydro store) which circulate the air inside the cupboard.

This is aired out a couple times a day and heat never reaches over 30 degrees - although he prefers the cooler times of the year due to heating of the room that the cupboard is located in during the hotter period..

As for the yields, obviously the HPS in the end will own - but I was referring to mini stealth grows. When OG got shutdown, unfortunately his grow log went with it :(

lol my pc power supply runs @ 850w, and your worried about a 400w or 600w?

if u had like 10x 1000w's going then that would be suspicious. otherwise how can it be suss?

Air con is another example, the average one is rated at about 2000w.. 2kw..

in my coral reef fish tanks i use 2x150w mh in each fish tank for the corals so theres about 600w of power just for 2 tanks.

I could think of hundreds of other examples ..

Your power supply may run at 850w - peak power. So unless you're doing full time max CPU usage (eg. encoding/decoding DVDs all day) and/or serious graphical work 24/7, i'm pretty sure it would be usually running half that.

And yeah man... My two aquariums take a helluva lot of power too, 2 x 300w heaters (which are killers in winter), not to mention the fluoros which are 320w or so in each ballast!

Greeny, I hope you like your tomatoes green. Its always best to let them ripen well but green tomatoes are better than no tomatoes if you're a tomato lover. You got off pretty lightly though, especially with the hole in the roof. Just make sure those tomatoes are in a safe and secure place ;) You don't want any pests getting to them.

it's not paranoia...

a 400 watter that runs 24 hrs a day for 6 weeks will make a difference... and they do pick it up if your electricity bill all of a sudden doubles...

FOAF has been sent strange letters with obvious hints with the e-company...

i.e. compare your usage here and there blablabla

and the landlord knew...

and of course it should be obvious, foaf isn't doing that anymore for those reasons...

NSW police has a truck that can slowly drive down a street and map heat sources inside houses. It is specifically designed to seek out grow rooms. That is a much more relevant danger than the power consumption.

I have actually seen the cops driving down my street, stopping in front of every house for a minute or so, most likely looking for heat-signatures...

a certain amount of paranoia can be very healthy...

it can even save lives sometimes...