The Corroboree
darkhorse

VENT

ok here's venting:

i'd like to punch up that bastard who ripped me off with the computer, (500 bucks) but he's in Victoria, even safe from Queensland fair trading.

Queensland fair trading says it's out of their jurisdiction.

Have a claim going on ebay too don't know what will come of it.

Edited by gomaos

oh no what happened? ebay HAS to cover you for any items over $50. did you pay with paypal, by any chance (i hope??!!)....if you did you can pretty much get your money back in a fortnight or so. that's a lot of dosh to lose :(

i paid via bank transfer

check it out item no 140066425874

looked like a good deal

he couldn't have done it to someone with a credit card, the way the guy is behaving, I'm sure he's a fraud.

Claims he sent it and it got lost in the mail.

As a registered e-parcel.

offers no refund and nothing.

ebay will only refund up to 375 dollars.

I've also lodged a complaint with fair trading, whatever that's worth...

Edited by gomaos

this is many levels of crap, gomaos. did he give you a parcel registration number? have you written to the other winners of the same item to see if they got the ones they bought?? how shitty. :( i hope it works out. always use paypal in future if you're going to spend any amount you can't lose. they are actually overly fair to buyers and rip off sellers on a continual basis, which is good if you're on the buying side.....

ok here's venting:

i'd like to punch up that bastard who ripped me off with the computer, (500 bucks) but he's in Victoria, even safe from Queensland fair trading.

The Trade practices Act is federal legislation...

Otherwise contact a vic fair trade advocacy group, just cos he sold it to QLD doesn't mean he didn't break Vic laws.

What a bastard! Can someone go and punch him up for me?

Sure thing, i know some hard crim types. What plants you exchange me for it?

Edited by Chronik Fatigue

This is hitting new lows. An incitement to violence replied to with an incriminating reply to arrange it.

I thought this thread was kind of stupid to begin with.

I mean can anyone exempt a thread from the rules of the forum and society by saying it's a vent?

sob, do you type just to read your own words sometimes?

This is hitting new lows. An incitement to violence replied to with an incriminating reply to arrange it.

I mean can anyone exempt a thread from the rules of the forum and society by saying it's a vent?

Tis called sarcasm sob.. i mean username.

jesus man, get a freakin life instead of this subtle trollin shit.

The Trade practices Act is federal legislation...

Otherwise contact a vic fair trade advocacy group, just cos he sold it to QLD doesn't mean he didn't break Vic laws.

filed a complaint form with victorian fair trading yesterday.

did he give you a parcel registration number?

yes he did but australia post said they have a contract with him but not with me so they can't give me any info.

always use paypal in future if you're going to spend any amount you can't lose. they are actually overly fair to buyers and rip off sellers on a continual basis, which is good if you're on the buying side.....

have now joined paypal, because it has become possible.

in the past i couldn't join it since i had neither credit nor debit card but no wyou don't need them anymore.

hellooo there, I was indeed just venting. i would not pass on that fuckwit's address to anyone to have him punched up since it would be obvious, wouldn't it?

500 bucks ain't worth going to jail for.

Also I am very much against any form of violence.

Which doesn't mean I let people walk all over me. I will fight back if needed.

Which I have already done in this case, as much as i could.

I would like to see that fraud go to jail, not myself!

Tis called sarcasm sob.. i mean username.

jesus man, get a freakin life instead of this subtle trollin shit.

Change your username back, ~username !

So sarcasm *IS* allowable now ? How is it that when a user may from time to time proceed to post in a manner of sarcasm, he/she is shot down in flames, threatened with banning and told to stick it up his/her ass - yet on another occasion it is deemed acceptable, and the one taking it literally (allegedly:)) is accused of trolling ?

I acknowledge your several statements of late sob, even though the subtleness is passing over many. If one were tasked with analysing the past 5000 posts (a decent testing cross section Ide say), then it would become painfully obvious exactly how the forum rules operate.

You should really get a life. The one you're currently living isn't good enough, it seems.

Who's turn is it to vent ?

Not sure about society, but as far as the forums go I don't think so. I didn't follow this thread, so please report offending posts to the mod if you feel there are any.

So sarcasm *IS* allowable now ? How is it that when a user may from time to time proceed to post in a manner of sarcasm, he/she is shot down in flames, threatened with banning and told to stick it up his/her ass - yet on another occasion it is deemed acceptable, and the one taking it literally (allegedly:)) is accused of trolling ?

Perhaps it's because said sarcasm often goes undetected in a medium such as this. You're a smart guy, you should know sarcasm is largely communicated through tone of the speaking voice and the context in which that tone is uttered. Sarcasm removed of tone loses most of its legs and only the most thickly spread sarcasm tends to be picked up in casual written language such as this.

I'm presuming you're playing the poor-me and your statement refers to yourself and past "flaming" you've endured from subtle and innocent sarcasm misinterpreted. I've picked up on some of your sarcasm and appreciate it, other times I think you're being antagonising, but perhaps rather than you merely acting a shit you have some underlying sharp witticism I've failed to appreciate. . You can't blame the audience for your own failure to communicate to them.

Perhaps you just need to understand the medium you choose to communicate in as well as your audience and stop playing hard-done-by, be postive and just try to get along? :huh:

Fortunately I was born with a flame-proof outer coating of skin that nothing can possibly penetrate.

"Like your brain, you dickhead Green Osiris" . Well someone was going to say it, I may as well get in first.

Perhaps you just need to understand the medium you choose to communicate in as well as your audience

I cannot be responsible for the shortcomings of others.

I've picked up on some of your sarcasm and appreciate it, other times I think you're being antagonising

Interesting to note that a recent comment from you (re a post of mine) gave a nod to sarcasm, yet others found it antagonising. No doubt the reverse it true also. As human beings, none of us can expect to please everybody all the time. How would you feel if you were to know that the elements that you appreciated were antagonistic, and those of which you found antagonistic were sarcastic ?

Apologies for this confusion, I can only follow this because I'm married to my own mother, making me my own step-father.

See how much I open up to you beautiful people.

have edited my post.

since venting does not seem to be allowed after all.

Why not close this whole thread?

hmmm, surely you can vent without breaking the rules? Most others had no problem with that concept.

what is the deal with all this breaking the rules crap???!! what is going on here??? :( :( and yes, for the record, Green_Osiris rocks and there's been plenty of wit you've missed. plenty of people antagonise the crap out of others here. what was that 'troll' photo you posted in response to a valid post GO made recently, torsten? was that not antagonistic? i mean, come on. this is ridiculous.

i don't know what's going on here but it's gone to crap and i honestly don't think GO had anything to do with that. the moderating 'team' have simply shut down threads 'he' finds 'meaningless' and generally annoyed quite a few members (myself inclusive). i think what's going on here is less of a 'Green Osiris is annoying everyone' to perhaps SOME folks aren't scared shitless they'll miss out on the forums and be deleted and actually feel ok speaking up about the discrepancies they see happening in this place. because there are a heap of discrepancies and a certain picking and choosing as to whom the rules apply to.

i'm out for now. life's too short to get worked up over a forum. this is a forum on the internet. a place where people used to be able to have a bit of back and forth and fun with one another. i personally feel GO was a refreshing addition to this place. frankly i even appreciate sobriquet's dry humour even though he shits me no end at times. now THERE'S some sarcasm people are missing. ooo lordy.

ok. that's all. forum. deep breath. just a forum. hopefully one of these days i'll get to actually converse with some of you 'in the real world'. have a lovely night, dear liege-lords!

Edited by evolutionNth

whichever way this situation is dealt with we will lose a few members. if we let things deteriorate further then we will lose even more of our senior members, and if we clean things up a bit we'll lose a few of those who apparently misunderstood the mission of this forum [and their friends]. I am trying to find ways to mimimise the loss and to get things back on track.

evolution, your questions are answered in the relevant threads you refer to, so no need to drag them here. To you its only a forum. To myself and many others it's a little more than that.

whichever way this situation is dealt with we will lose a few members. if we let things deteriorate further then we will lose even more of our senior members, and if we clean things up a bit we'll lose a few of those who apparently misunderstood the mission of this forum [and their friends]. I am trying to find ways to mimimise the loss and to get things back on track.

evolution, your questions are answered in the relevant threads you refer to, so no need to drag them here. To you its only a forum. To myself and many others it's a little more than that.

excuse me torsten but i was responding to morg. no need to drag my 'energy' here at all, actually. bye bye. to anyone chasing seeds or plants from me sorry i'm not participating here anymore. may well do so at the other forum. cheers.

hmmm, surely you can vent without breaking the rules? Most others had no problem with that concept.

i'll try , Torsten, I'll try.

And I do admit it was stupid posting what I did. In the 54 years of my life I still haven't learned how to control my emotions.

It just drives me up the wall, when I think about the case.

That guy sits in his office, raking in the money for 2nd hand computers, twiddles his thumbs and is happy, while offering me nothing in return for my 500 bucks.

How lucky he is to be so far away... if i lived in melbourne i'd get that B...d....

In the bigger context of life $500 is nothing. What goes around comes around and the guy in Melbourne will eventually get what he deserves. He will loose long term business. You have gained wisdom. Nothing is free in life.

But anyway here's some of my vents:

post-1159-1170918625_thumb.jpg

A rare 1968 copper Arched Gable vintage vent

post-1159-1170918646_thumb.jpg

oriental bamboo vent circa 1974

post-1159-1170918752_thumb.jpg

very rare late 50's Spencer Durham vents - note the sovtek russian bolts

post-1159-1170918779_thumb.jpg

A DSL turbo 900 modem vent

post-1159-1170918797_thumb.jpg

An assortment of vents I am yet to install in my house

Botanika

President National Vent and Duct Society Australia

'In fresh air we trust - breathe deep and honest but dont get caught in the rotors'

Edited by botanika

Here's the wrench logo of the band Tool (which I believe they dropped)...

Tool-logo-early.jpg

Clever isn't it? Obviously took a genius to design that one :wink:

Edited by ~username

Here's the wrench logo of the band Tool (which I believe they dropped)...

hehe ...I do love the 10,000 days tool album with the 3d glasses thing and alex gray artworks...quite spooky...but I ended up cutting slits into it to use as another vent in my bathroom

Edited by botanika

i got something to vent.

on the abc news the other day they were reporting some recent scientific discovery.

australia used to have huge megafauna.

wombats the size of VW etc.

now there has always been debate over whether climate change or humans wiped out these animals.

they start disappearing with the first arrival of humans however many thousand years ago but there was also significant climate change resulting in a big drought that could have been responsible (or something similar - im sketchy on the details)

now this finding they were reporting was saying how the magafauna had survived many other droughts etc and that climate change is now a very unlikely reason for the animals extinction (or may have contributed but not been soley responsible)

but not once, NOT ONCE, in the whole abc report did they even mention that humans might be responsible for the extinction instead.

despite being a valid hypothesis and despite the finding having a significant influence over the strength of this hypothesis the possibility that humans wiped out the megafauna was apparently too taboo to even mention.

the jury is still out, it may indeed be shown that climate change was responsible, but to not report key concepts because they are politically incorrect really shits me.

history isnt politically correct. humans fuck up. they do it all the time.

its like this webpage i once saw by some american fundamentalist christians. they were saying how slavery in america wasnt so bad. that it was in fact, the arabs and the muslims that were the worst slavers and who sold the africans to the americans. they then talked about how much better american slaves were treated, how arabs had more sex slaves but americans used slaves mostly for work etc etc etc

page after page of trying to justify their slave history and whenever it got too hard to defend it was "look at the muslims, they were much worse slavers"

fuck

glossing over history is bullshit.

if you think everything has always been rosy then you may start to think that things are rosy now.

and chances are they are not. look at how we are currently fucking up this planet. look at this culture of consumerism.

/endrant