The Corroboree
gomaos

ripped off yet again

yep, it happened again, another 500 bucks down the drain, or so it seems.

My pc is getting on a bit, and I started to look around for another one. Couldn't afford a new ones so was looking for the best 2nd hand deals.

Found this one

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...p;rd=1&rd=1

cool little nachine and at a good price.

Ok I bought it paid within 2 days

and waited and waited and waited

yesterday i found out the guy says he heas sent it on 23 December.

And it never turned up.

It's probably sitting in some Po-employees house now or something.

Too much ios too much.

Only rently, a 250 dollar=expressparcel I sent, disappeared.

Shortly before that, 2 other valuable parcels.

Now, a registered e-parcel.

This whole thing stinks to heaven.

Are they seekin me out?

damn you're having quite a bad run

did you pay using paypal? they have buyer protection,

i have had a bit of trouble too

but international parcels

both music instruments, one a shakapa and the other a mouth harp very rare instrument.

wiht the shakapa i had ot pay heat treatment for it and after that australia post have lost it

i am currently getting them to follow it up

and the mouth harp never turned up that was from ebay

i am hassling the post office as this is not good

sorry to hear of yoru troubles gom.

hope it does sort itself out for you.

Yeah, i still havent recieved my pereskiopsis and morning glory seeds that I got from the free Ethnos thread - I doubt that anyone here would do the dodgy - I'm thinking that it was lost in the post :ana: - NOT HAPPY! My poor little loph seedlings will never be grafted at this rate! :BANGHEAD2:

I doubt it was the ebayer as he has got too good a reputation. Did he give you a tracking number or anything like that? It was registered post right?

The PO idiots probably lost it somewhere. I am sure it will show up.

Nah didnt really think of anything like that at the time. I'm not saying that it was in any way his fault - I think every one here is just too damn nice to pull something like that :P I bet the poor cuttings are stuck in the PO somewhere slowly dying... :( Luckily someone has come to my rescue and offered me a couple of free cuttings, so fingers crossed that I am able to get my lophs pumped soon :) Cheers to the good nature and down right decency of the guys on this site! :worship:

gom, what i don't understand is why the seller doesn't offer insurance for registered post. insurance only costs around $1 per $100

Are they seekin me out?

it certainly seems that way

forget going to your local office,

write out a list of all your losses in the past 12 months and take it to head office or fax to them after contacting them by phone and lodging a formal complaint

i was waitin on quite a number of parcels over christmas and as i have them all delivered to my parents told them to inform me as soon as they arrive.(all have :) )

telling them of the thread about the post problems mum siad she had recently over heard 2 women on the bus where one was bragging that her courier hubby bought home everything sent from "take that" & "that's life" magazines because the winners didnt know they had one until the prize is delivered. :uzi:

she rang the post office and was told unless she has proof or names they wont do a thing cos the couriers are sourced out and not under their control.

as it has been explained to me if the letter/parcel is registered requiring a signature and is delivered by an official employee of the p.o. then if no-one is able to sign a notification will be left for u to collect from p.o.

but if it is a subby he/she can drop it on your doorstop and forget it.

exactly how i found 2 parcels over the break, both registered 1 foot square boxes left on the front doorstop for hours and we have a very small front yard less than 2 metres from the footpath and we are the corner house so the theft rate is high. :ana:

Gom, the seller only sends by registered mail, so why don't you get the tracking number and find out where the parcel is?

ok I was given the tracking number and also another number, rang australia post, they said they're tracking it and will get back within 2 days to the seller.

They also said they had a contract with the seller only and not with me.

Fair enough.

So myt business is with the seller only, not with the Post Office.

yet the seller keeps referring me to the Post office saying it's not his fault.

It's been 4 weeks and he's offered me nothing!@!!

I have today left negative feedback.

I any of you could send him negative emails I would be very happy.

It appears he does this sort of thing all the time.

Not my fault, it's the Post Office..."

and after a couple of months people simply give up.

Rang him every day, but he just talks bullshit. Offers me NOTHING.

Any sort of help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

ok I was given the tracking number and also another number, rang australia post, they said they're tracking it and will get back within 2 days to the seller.

They also said they had a contract with the seller only and not with me.

Auspost is correct. They have no obligation to you.

This case is a bit vague, but I think your best option at this point is to give the seller a 1 week ultimatum to get a written status from auspost as to the location of the parcel. he is not required to do so, but the following might be an incentive. You tell him that after one week you will file a claim with ebay. The seller will then be required to supply the details to ebay and if he has any guilt in the non arrival then he can get suspended. It's also a tedious process for him.

And dont' forget this is not your last opportunity to fix this as you can also go to fair trading and even to court for this - so don't despair.

I any of you could send him negative emails I would be very happy.

It appears he does this sort of thing all the time.

How did you get that idea. I've just had a look at his feedback and the only negative feedback he has are people who were impatient or incompetent. So, I think he is definitely a good seller. I know this doesn't help you at this point, but sadly you have already played your biggest ace by leaving negative feedback. you also did not anticipate his reply well, which makes your negative feedback look irrelevant. The seller is not stupid.

Sending him nasty emails won't help either. Know the law and know what you can do and you will find plenty of options to deal with this.

btw, how did you pay for this?

i paid by bank transfer. All documented. Just rang "fair trading" and they said basically the same as you: Write him a letter and give him 1 week.

Truth is he offered me nothing and brushed all complaints off by saying:

"This is Aust Post's fault and not mine and I have nothing to do with it.

When I rang him this morning he hung up on me.

He's a stupid fuckwit and probably has done that heaps of times.

With people who can afford to throw 500 dollars away.

I can't.

but sadly you have already played your biggest ace by leaving negative feedback.

I had to since he didn't take me serious.

Edited by gomaos

Damn Gom - I feel your anger. I have been interested in one of these sort of ebay deals, but they always seem too good to be true. Perhaps this is one of those situations... Either way, the guy shouldnt be let off easily - fight it with as much as you can, though Torsten could be right in the big ace being already played. But take it further and I'm sure you will end up with what you are after and I'm sure somebody's arse will be spanked for this mix up :P

yeah the only place I can take it is "consumer affairs' or "fair trading" as it is called these days.

If the guy's business is registered he should be obl;iged to pay me... but what if it isn't registered?

(I'd like to strangle that guy)

ebay has approved of some compensation.

They'll refund $375 within the next 45 days.

Which means I lost $125...

I wonder what REALLY happened?

It'd be sweet if the computer arrived the day you got paid from ebay - that would make things a bit nicer wouldnt it! :P

unlikely.

that computer, if it ever existet, would sit somewhere on the desk of those who stole it, or their friend's desk...

i don't believe in that sort of miracle anymore...

or possibly, a postal worker dropped and smashed it, and let it disappear...

no way of knowing...

Edited by gomaos

I think your computer will show up, I've had multiple things, local and international taking about a month longer than expected since december... I don't know what aus post is doing but they have been pretty crap lately.

I've heard of people waiting months for stuff to arrive, and it seems to be happening alot lately.

Edited by Endrogen

I have had a package seem to dissapear, was a large item and turn up 6 months later...

postage around christmas time is always going to be more problematic than other times of the year