The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
marsha

oldskool skateboards

hey if anyone has any oldskool skate boards in reasonable condition powell peralta santacruz vision etc.... im keen to buy or swap for cactus pm me if u can help :)

That's not old skool man the old short plastic jobs with the tail flick..now that's old skool B)

Did some serious groin muscle injury with that one...wonder where it is....??

Try e-bay they have some sick long boards there!

Your kidding aren't you??? I just recently chucked a Powell Peralta (BONES) deck out as it was getting in my way and a bit tatty, no rails etc.

I knew I shouldn't have at the time, one mans trash........

bummer bong oh well hopefully someone has one about they just more fun to ride than new double kick popsticks ill trade trichos galore for a nice one!

That's not old skool man the old short plastic jobs with the tail flick..now that's old skool B)

Did some serious groin muscle injury with that one...wonder where it is....??

lmao, the old banana board with the tail flick? I can still feel the pain :lol:

That thing was indestructible, bright red wheels never wore down, the plasticy body was like cement sheeting and held it's form for many years; went through 3 kids!

yeah sorry yowie, we threw our collection out a year or so ago, kept getting in the way.

haha me too :rolleyes:. I remember throwing my little banana board in the rubbish bin and telling my parents I would never skate again after a particularly painful and embarassing accident.

still looking for skateboards! hehe someone must have one ill trade for lophs and bridgesii for yummy boards :)

The first deck i actually bought with my own cash was a Cab double kick. I kept it for a few years and then i cut it straight to suit the new sort of street but the mofo was heavy as shitte and i slowly lost interest. It was more just a way of gettin down to the Bridge mall or ramp to hang out with the other dudes and watch the REAL skaters lol

The only thing i have left from it is a Badlands chrome truck riser, i have NFI what happened to the deck though.

oh yeah, and a few gungaroid patches from way earlier on in the piece.

man that was years ago lol.

My first deck was a "Flip" deck, the graf was the grub from alice in wonderland laying in a field of Amanita muscarias whilst smoking his pipe..

That would be fkin sweet dodie!! I was a pretty keen skater a few years back (only in the last 8 years or so) and nailed many tricks, but gave it up when I found my missus. Only ever got cheapo boards - nothing cool :( My best setup was a flip deck with indy trucks, spitfire wheels and bones bearings (about $350 worth - so I was stoked with it!). Pretty sweet and could bust out many flip tricks, but now she's retired in my shed somewhere. I'll bring her back to work once my son is old enough to wlak around enough. He'll be skating before he knows it :D Ah yes - sk8 for life - or so they said... :)

I still have the chip in my front tooth to prove it ... mine was an awsome fibreglass number with red wheels that would jam to a stop on any stone or gum nut ... it was like a strange attractor for them

Yowie, I can ask at the store I took you too, they may want to sell some? whats the upper limit of your price range?

Prolly better to PM me..

cheers for the help T that skatey is hell old skool im more after early mid eightys pro boards (powell peralta, santa cruz, vision ) not the old plastic sidewalk surfers but thanks for the link any way :) and that would be nice andy ask em thio i recon they get asked all the time thanks tho fingers crossed

The first deck i actually bought with my own cash was a Cab double kick.
hmm thats the shizzle cabelero double kick im after earlier single kick ubers come on hunt about folks they got to be around ill swap mucho yummy cactus :)

Pfft, you youngsters :rolleyes:

My first board had a wooden deck and solid-red wheels.

This was early seventies, and skateboards had just 'hit the scene', mainly aimed at surfies for the off-season. Never surfed myself, but the craze soon took off in a big way.

The 'condor' (fibreglass/nylon? deck with translucent wheels) boards had recently become available, and I remember being very disheartened with Santa when I opened my present to find a 3-odd feet of half-inch plank bolted to a pair of trucks :( .

My elder brother (in his late twenties at the time) rolled up with his missus and kids for lunch and promptly offered to give us a demonstration.

The board travelled probably 20m, my brother's feet about 1m forward and his head straight down.

ed

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZtarasskateQQhtZ-1

I used to have a Tommy Guerrero deck when I was young, probaly still at my oldies place! I'll have a look next time I'm there! My Dad never throws anything out!

Edited by cisumevil