The Corroboree
PD.

*WARNING* contains images that may shock viewer

Im glad i have educated friends about cacti and asked them to keep an eye out for me, a mate produced these pics today........................... :drool:

0000178qi7.jpg

0000179cx6.jpg

0000182ul9.jpg

He said the whole garden was cacti, now i HAVE to get there and see it all for myself.....................and ask for a cut or two of course :devil: .

Man there must be some years there.

Edited by Passive Daemon

yep... this is what we like to see!

those plants need some heavy manicuring... no one better for the job i say!

probe deeper into rural australia and you will continue to find such specimens!

Great work :wacko::worship:

great

that is awesome cacti

i would love a few metres of some of that :)

rural australia hey thats where its at :) they love it out there.

FFS !! THATS JUST RIDICULOUS !!! :blink:

:o

That's freaking huge!

I like seeing how branches will slump and bend reaching for light as the rest of the cactus shades a branch out.

...........wow............

Man, a saw won't even cut it, you'd need explosives to prune that monster. :)

hmm, those pics remind me that one day i have to replant all my cacti leaving 10m spacing in between.

any chance in finding out how old those specimens are? i guess they are 30years old plantings.

Wow.

urinate.gifsanpedro.gif

Sry

Edited by naja naja

Dude... thats massive. You'll need a chainsaw to get tghose branches off

Hi all, You like my cactus i see. You can look but dont touch.

And i would appreciate it if the wherabouts of my collection was kept quiet.

I shit myself when i saw pictures of my collection online! please respect that it is mine and if anybody would like to look you can email me at [email protected] and i can arrange to meet you there one time.

My Grandfather lives on the property and does not need to be bothered. There is quite a large collection of Trichocereus, Pachycereus,Oreocereus,Echinocactus,Mammilaria sp and 'varieties' which have heritage listing.

This means that trading is out of the question from this collection regardless of the maintenance requirements of the large 'macrogonus' out the front.

I dont mean to seem so rude and protective and i'm sure that you are all very honest and respectfull people,and none of you has indicated otherwise. I would love to get to know you all better. Maybe i will give you some for free. I mean shit, i have got a bit!!!!!!

Anyway the collection was planted in 1936, and was used as a quarrantine station for a lot of the cacti you know and love. There is plenty of history and i have some amazing stories about the place. I will tell u a few some day.

If you would like to purchase some off me, i have another large collection from which i harvest , also owned by my Grandfather.

Anyway, a party awaits. And do i have to tell u what type of powderised gree matter i'll be ingesting 2nite. Thanks everyone.

JACTUS>>>>>>>java script:emoticon(':(', 'smid_1')

:(

Hey jactus, you'll find that most around here are discreet about cacti sources - they respect the plants, as opposed to mad teenagers out to get a buzz from stolen pedro. Obviously just take care not to let anyone you don't know well onto or nearto the property if trading.

You're a lucky fella :)

WOW.

I was reading this thread and was going to make a joke along the lines of - How in the heck did these photos of my garden get on the net - sort of thing and.... lo and behold our newest member who I'm sure we all welcome warmly posts the real thing!!

It's a small world I guess, and I think as we've stressed time and again about things like this; even a single poppy head shouldn't be taken without the owner's permission and leave.

If we don't respect each other's human rights, property rights and rights to dignity then what else is there in the world?

Amazing pictures and once again, welcome jactus to the forum :)

Total massive respect for your grandfathers work.. your a lucky fella havign access to such specimens, these are things collectors around these parts could only ever hope to come accross.

Trust me when i say (knowing the people involved) your location is safe, as is your cacti.

We are an honest and loving community, and if anything was to go to astray (as ocasionally it does) your more then likely to find that it would be from a miseducated-uninformed 'consumer' whom doesnt have the ethos most of us around here are proud of cultivating.

Massive respect and thanx, its funny that just today, visiting a large collection of cacti with a few senior members of this community, we were commenting on the fact that there must have been an 'old gentlemans league' whom laid the foundations for all the work that is being done with these plants today.

Having met at least one of the 'brotherhood of the cacti', i can vouch for the generousity and love involved in their collections and their interactions with fellow enthusiasts.

I am sorry on behalf of the community that these photos appeared without permission, although im sure Passive would have contacted you first if it had been possible.

As a cultivator i would reccommend these plants get trimmed and propagated ASAP, and if u ever need any help with anything, dont hesitate to ask.... Id buy the lot of i could :lol:

muchos supremo respecto!

p.s-(and do they ever flower and seed... seed would be great, access to the plants for flower essences even better)

Plant love!

eli

welcome dude, you are lucky to have such old beauties, and enjoy your time here, tis a great site. with many cacti lovers

I shit myself when i saw pictures of my collection online

Hope you cleaned up dude. :lol:

I understand the concern but there is little need to ask for respect, i doubt very much that anyone here would think of stealing any cactus or plant that has been grown and nurtured by another person.

Most of the large plants i "discover" have the whereabouts kept quiet because the plants genetics can be grown from a few small cuts and even tho heaps of ppl mite want it there and then, these things take time, just like the mother plant did to get that big.

Im just happy we have a new member with connections to the "farm". I was told from a elderly person that lives near there that it was once an open garden but is now defenitly private. But i can drool from a fence. lol

the location is safe with me man.....................but its gonna cost ya. haha :wink: JK

SPREAD THE LOVE JACTUS. :wub:

Total massive respect for your grandfathers work.. your a lucky fella havign access to such specimens, these are things collectors around these parts could only ever hope to come accross.

Trust me when i say (knowing the people involved) your location is safe, as is your cacti.

We are an honest and loving community, and if anything was to go to astray (as ocasionally it does) your more then likely to find that it would be from a miseducated-uninformed 'consumer' whom doesnt have the ethos most of us around here are proud of cultivating.

Massive respect and thanx, its funny that just today, visiting a large collection of cacti with a few senior members of this community, we were commenting on the fact that there must have been an 'old gentlemans league' whom laid the foundations for all the work that is being done with these plants today.

Having met at least one of the 'brotherhood of the cacti', i can vouch for the generousity and love involved in their collections and their interactions with fellow enthusiasts.

I am sorry on behalf of the community that these photos appeared without permission, although im sure Passive would have contacted you first if it had been possible.

As a cultivator i would reccommend these plants get trimmed and propagated ASAP, and if u ever need any help with anything, dont hesitate to ask.... Id buy the lot of i could :lol:

muchos supremo respecto!

p.s-(and do they ever flower and seed... seed would be great, access to the plants for flower essences even better)

Plant love!

eli

Thanks everyone, i feel at ease now. Eli i am happy to give you some seed when it is available(which is soon as they r just finishing flowering) I am happy to send out seed to anyone who would like some provided the seeds are viable. i'll expect some cool mutant and hybrids will result . There are already a few hybrids and many Trichocereus sp close by. Usually something cool pops up when i sow a hundred seeds from these plants. But they are still much to small to add to anybodies collection , so dont get too excited monster freaks :wave-finger: