The Corroboree
stonewolf

Ways to cleanse the body?

It finally sunk in this morning that my lifestyle is really one of constantly abusing the body. I want to change that...basictly to see how it feels to have my system free all the harmful chemicals I put in it because i can't remember what that is actaully like. I'm going to quit smoking cigarettes, MJ, opiate use, popping pills, and even alcohol till such time as I'm not both physically or mentally addicted to anything. After that I'm going to think much more seriously about using substances.

A few years ago I had a great memory, now on a regular basis I have periods of days on end which I have no recollection of. Its a pattern of spending 3 days straight off my face on anything and everything, sobering up to realise I cant remember much of what I have been doing, telling myself it didnt happen then binging again. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Can people suggest some things I can take to improve my health and support my mind during it. My major battle is admitting to myself that I actaully have a problem, even when typing this my mind is telling me "you dont have any problems, you're fine, now delete this post and go get high". So yeah...I need to rid myself of copious amounts of free radicals and keep my head level.

Sounds very dramatic...sorry about that, I have a dramatic writing style I guess.

Start with FISH OIL. get a good quality one. eat like 5-7 a day. its seriously a miracle. .. helps everything . .. including brain blood flow ... thefore memory.. . helped me with anxiety. .. .and general well being... and my friend from mood disorders.. ...and muscle tension...western diet lacks in omega 3's and basically its what your brain is made out of.

also get onto the multi vitamins. get the SWISSE brand...

and ofcourse a nice drink of cactus juice... :)

nothing really exciting to add except drink lots of water and exercise!

has anyone here heard of the urine fast???

a good hippy friend of mine was telling me of the revitalising qualitys of fasting for a set period on ur own urine. Bemused i did not tyake all the details in ...except that' first thing in the morning u have to let a little bit go, coz it has all ur toxins in it, but the rest is fine to drink'

here tis http://users.mrbean.net.au/~wlast/urine.html

i have no idea how to post links.

i hope thats right.

i have , am, and always will be a complete webtard.

but yeah the theory sounds good, but farked if i could ever chug my own wee.

call me weird.

Start slow, chug fresh juices, herbal teas, water. Dont be upset when you fail. Ive been trying to do this for over a year and a half, and most of it felt like failures, but looking back it makes a massive difference. Ive gone from eating maccas everyday, chocolate everyday, sugary drinks and anything bad including massive doses of pharma pills, to now eating mainly good food, drinking loads of water and tea and feeling MUCH better. I still have off periods where I go suicidal and pop pills like mad and eat entire blocks of chocolate but like a good friend of mine once said, big problems are like eating an elephant, its entirely possible but just has to be one mouthful at a time. Oh yeah, had big kicks forward lately with some SUBstancial supplimentation.

Edited by Leo^

Jeez, this is alot harder than I thought it would be. Apparantly my body was alot more accustomed to opiates than i thought. Here I am wide awake after sleeping 5 or so hours in what is at least 3 days, feeling very ill and more than a tad manic. It doesnt help that I really want a ciggie somewhere inbetween. This is complete bullshit, I was having poppy seed tea and prescription opiates, neither of which should have effected my body this much. If I don't crash and make a recovery soon, im giving up because I was happier when i wasnt on this bullshit 'physical and mental health improvement' thing.

Oh and leo I'm not ignoring your advise to start slow, but I've altready started so I may as well keep going this way till I absolutely cant.

Edited by stonewolf

Hi Stonewolf,

the first thing is a good water supply. I´d advise a few litres of organic green tea a day.It´s way Better than coffee. You should also avoid alcohol and nicotine. You should drink more than a normal person would drink. In order to get at the free radicals and to protect your cells you can also use some selen or zinc. Vitamins are important as long time drug consum normally leads to undersupply. I´d rather ingest organic fruits and vegetables as well as self-made juices. Not the ones you can buy and which are made by bacteria and such nasty stuff. Eat a lot, lot´s of fat too as it transports the vitamines into the cells. You need plenty of fresh air and movement. You will also need something that distracts you from your withdrawals. Go somewhere where you haven´t been when you took drugs. Met other people than your usual drug buddies. Go get a few girls. No matter what, main thing is you have fun. Consider this to be a new start. Learn what is important for a healthy diet. No sugar. Take time to cook you some fresh selfmade food. No fastfood but that can be considered as secondary if you absolutely have to do something unhealthy. Clean up your place as you have to feel comfortable. This will help to keep you motivated. If you want to you can start reading books, listen to a totally new music, etc. You can inhale hot water vapors if you quit smoking. That gives the feeling of taking a hit. Remember, you are reinventing yourself. Build you like you´ve ever wanted you to be. There are no limits than your imagination. A strong will make everything possible. You sound like you are focused. If you are willing to, you will do it. Do whatever it takes to keep you motivated and what fits your budget. After the first two weeks you will start feeling great. But it takes time and lots of sleepless nights. Wonders usually take their time as Everything in life takes it´s time. Best of Luck!

Edited by Evil Genius

stonewolf, withdrawal for one or the other is hard enough, but to quit everything at once is extremely difficult.

Now that you're 3 days into kicking opiates, I wouldn't stop. If you need a cigarette, don't blow the opiate thing by not having one.

Once opiate withdrawal symptoms (however mild) subside, with determination you will have a much better time quitting cigs.

Good advice Apo. I was going to say maybe you should think about kicking one thing at a time. Once you get over opiods you will be in a better space to start making other changes.

Don't be too hard on yourself, it's extremely difficult to change habbits.

Don't give up!

lol I totally concur with the giving up everything part is too hard. I havent had any green for 3 days and now Im plastered on opiates and feeling aweful. I think opiates are very important to kick, they cause too much shit. Theyre so comforting though, oh the dilema. I swore Id never take any pharms again after an OD not long ago and now Im back using them to dull the pain. Fucking life!

Yeah..I'm finding it to be a battle with the devious nature of my mind. I was thinking about ways to make it easier, then I decided I could probably tell a doctor my opiate use was IV so they would give me acess to methadone. Seemed like a BRILLIANT idea till i realised it was the oppisite of what I wanted. I also had the brilliant idea that I should drink a carton of beer for the grand final, which after walking into the bottle shop I also passed on. It feels like I'm leaving a small child in a room with only a switched on powerpoint and steal fork, and walking in just in time to stop them electricuting themselves. The fact I still cant rest doesnt help. Thanks everyone for the advise, :worship:

Edited by stonewolf

Leo, try not to beat yourself up over breaking a promise to yourself...thats not going to help you get past it at all. Next time your craving a cone that badly its probably better you have it. Maybe give a good friend some weed to look after (preferably a non smoker) which you can get off them when you feel you NEED it. Back up weed to keep you from fucking up or taking more harmful substances.

has anyone here heard of the urine fast???

a good hippy friend of mine was telling me of the revitalising qualitys of fasting for a set period on ur own urine. Bemused i did not tyake all the details in ...except that' first thing in the morning u have to let a little bit go, coz it has all ur toxins in it, but the rest is fine to drink'

Okay, this is a traditional 'panacea' that (like many 'panaceas') doesn't seem to stand up to scrutiny. It is common in many cultures, and there is a lot of anecdotal 'evidence' to suggest that it works, but no studies point to anything other than placebo effect at work. Think about it, by drinking your own urine, you are simulating renal failure. Cure cancer? I doubt it. Urea's good for your feet though.

I had a chat with a really good friend tonight. This friend of mine is always extremely busy but spent hours with me talking about my problems and helped me realise that my drug use isnt the problem I need to solve, its my life thats the problem. He helped me to see that I am currently living a lifestyle that is totally self destructive before the drugs even come into it. Now I look at it I cant beleive I am doing it, it makes no sense and is ridiculous. The only reason I binge on opiates and amphetamines is because I am doing a job that I cant cope with and doesnt fit with my personality at all. Its destroying me and turning me into the monster I see in my nightmares. I am now going to quit my job immediately and begin the real repair work. This quote comes to mind from someone else important in my life who my friend in question reminds me of a great deal "what good is it if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul?"

This is a very courageous decision, Leo! Many people i once knew had used amphetamines in order to get their job done. Many self-confident managers are full of complexes but they hide it behind drugs. After work when they came of the drugs they totally collapsed. The chronical drug use just leads to even more depressions and social isolation. It´s better not to wait until you have the first serious health Problems. The Body isn´t a machine and sooner or later many people will pay a high price.I hope you´ll be able to find a job that better fits your lifestyle and your character. Don´t use drugs to be like other people expect you to be. bye EG

apparently lyprinol is really good at not only reducing inflammation within the lungs, but also at helping them clear themselves.

http://www.lyprinol.co.uk/

Edited by nabraxas

Your right Stonewolf, the mind can be very devious. It can be quite amazing to watch the ways we try to pull the wool over our own eyes! Maybe try approaching it with a bit of a sense of humor - hard I know when your feeling physically shit but worth a shot. Turn it into a bit of a game and then your bound to become a bit competitive...

Another thought is too maybe keep some sort of reflective journal (other than these posts). Write down your experiences to help remind yourself how tortuous this has been for you. Then next time the temptation arises you can easily remind yourself exactly why you don't want to go back!

Just some thoughts!

eat veggies and fish, think happy thoughts and take a sickie!

Everytime you fail and you are able to get something out of it that you can use for the next try, it´s actually a success. The only way to fail doing de-tox is to fail and not learn something from it. Don´t give up even if it´s hard. Just think from day to day. I also like puffingfishs idea with the journal. On the long tem the lyprinol seems to be a good idea too. Omega-3 fatty acids are recommendable fatty acids. they are also contained in cold water fish. The colder the water the more good acids. Ginger, garlic and onions have a good cleaning effect too. But you should make sure that everything you eat is organically grown. Otherwise it might do more harm than good.

Edited by Evil Genius

Sorry for the hijack, just as a message of hope Id like to say. If you need help from parents or doctors it may not always turn into a nightmare. This morning everything built up and I had a mental meltdown and told my parents everything Ive been ingesting and how Ive been wanting to kill myself. I was expecting anger as my parents are anti-drugs but all I got was support. Got taken to my doctor in a writhing state of crying and shivering and now Im able to quit work and be on disability payments to try and recover :) . I even told my strict christian mother about my love of fungus and seeds as well as mary jane and she didnt go off at all, didnt even tell me to stop, just all loving support. We even had a laugh that she didnt know about any of this stuff even though Id go inside stoned quite a bit to play with my dogs. She did however mention that it was obvious I was on acid after a recent event when I tried to talk to her and I was making no sense and smelled like piss. It may not always turn out this angelicly but yeah, asking for help isnt always the nightmare it seems and can be an amazing experience.

Hi Leo,

these are very good news. You sound much more optimistic now. A Family you can lean on in hard times is the most important thing in the world. I´m sure it feels great that you don´t have to lie to them anymore because of your Problems. I´m sure they will help you through the hard times! And they will love it as they know that they won´t lose their son as you shared your Problems with them. Best Wishes! EG

Wow, thats really great Leo, I personally don't think I could ever do that unless I really did break down, which I came close to but never did. Quitting opiates got a whole lot easier physically all of a sudden, my body just got used to having a whole lot less in my body. I am however thinking of having a weak poppy seed tea tonight, i figure so long as i really do keep it very weak it might be helpful. I also figure so long as it doesnt come in pill form straight from the "chemist" im doing ok breaking habits. Bah, I couldn't imagine being addicted to heroin, a light opiate problem in bad enough, let alone injecting the king of opiates. Hope this isnt a stupid isn't a stupid idea...guess i will find out tommorow. Also, im wondering how the HELL a seemingly endless supply of oral morphine and his friends ended up on the drug market. Well I suppose any fun medication is going to be abused and sold.

Yeah stonewolf its just fucking nuts how easy it is to get opiates that can become such a problem, but for some of us getting somthing so much more benificial like weed is a nightmare. Every person I talk to about this now is starting to see the pharmalogical conspiracy of keeping people hooked on opiates for maximum profit. Even my doctor who is a fan of codiene for pain relief said that the mounting problems of young people, particularly people who are non drug savy, getting hooked on nurofen plus and the like is a social nightmare. Its growing and growing as sometimes these are the only things we can get to numb the pains of life, but they are only temporary and make it so much worse in a sneaky slow way that creeps up on us and eventually gets us in the sleeper hold so we cant escape. Careful with the poppy wash but breaking that pill poppin cycle will be a big step to healing, esspecially since poppin a pill is easy but making some tea in the way needed is quite a bit more effort.