The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Discussions?

Hi,

Just an idea before bedtime.

I am willing to write up a step by step guide with screenshots on how to connect to the new lab server and join the chat, and me and probably a few other lab crew wouldn't mind helping anyone who still has trouble.

With that in mind...

How do you guys feel about the idea of a weekly or fortnightly discussion on the chat given by anyone who volunteers about whatever cool topic?

e.g. guide to growing cactus seed and grafting, philosophical discussions, movies, the art of growing lagochilus (with links to photos!), or whatever!

The logs could be posted up on the web as good references for discussions on botanical stuff...

I mean how cool would a pictorial discussion on Khat, or maybe a discussion after some show of interest is on TV!

Infinitely easy to set up, and I'm willing to do it if there are volunteers for talks!

Maybe the only problem aside from finding volunteers will be finding a time everyone agrees on for it to go ahead :P

I'm all for it.

As for good days.... Monday to wednesday appear to be the busiest days on the forums, although that might be mostly during the day (slackers!! :P ). Saturday night is the quietest.

:) Sounds Great Amigo. Love to help out in anyway i can.

great idea Apotheman. growing cactus from seed would be a useful starting point. nothing beats advise from those who have actually done it.

Sounds like a great idea, and more reason to get the chat working on my comp.

So, any volunteers on a talk?

I might give one on preparing herbs for smoking.

sounds great :D

i can discuss the use of the mesa with san pedro. however i am no expert but love talking about it. :D

The a/b thing would be great for beginers.

Ok I will aim to have an easy to read and use HOWTO for getting on the chat within the next seven days, and then we can organise a few speakers for discussions.

But you've got the idea! Chemical procedures, propagation teks, cooking food, brewing beer, ANYTHING!

I actually wrote a step by step how to for P using MIRC as the client. All it is missing is instructions on how to setup/install OpenSSL which is pretty straight forward anyway. I'll PM it to you Apothe.

Sounds great!

This is a brilliant concept and I'm hoping it can be taken to fruition. An ethnobotany podcast would also be awesome if anyone's up for that.

I can do some basic ones on grafting onto Pereskiopsis, mycology (P.Mexicana/P.Cubensis) or making lockpicks :)

Ok guys!

As promised, a 'how to' for connecting to the lab has been created, including screenshots from start to finish.

Please see the first post of 'The Lab' pinned thread in News and Notices section.

If you are interested in listening to the discussions, I suggest you attempt to get the chat working within the next seven days or so, because that is hopefully when I will begin organising discussions.

If you have a topic to volunteer, please pm me, incl rough length/date/topics covered/pictures/etc.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you are a mirc user and would like to know how to get on, please ask me, I have a copy of Pelinesters step by step howto for mirc!

Edited by apothecary