The Corroboree
shaman

*button cactus*

just quick question, are the button cactuses of ebay L.Williamsi? What do you guys think?

i asked the seller and he only replyed with a question mark lol, so it beats me.

Cheers all

just quick question, are the button cactuses of ebay L.Williamsi? What do you guys think?

i asked the seller and he only replyed with a question mark lol, so it beats me.

Cheers all

Yes

essentially you could set up drug deals over ebay using careful placement and good codewords.

Edited by prier

these are emails i received from gollumscacti on ebay when i decided to sell two small bubby "button cacti" and received threats from gollumscacti that he was going to dob me in to quarantine and that what i was selling was "illegal" and "drugs". as per moderator's request i have put all of his text in italics so you can understand what came from him. this one was sent to me through the ebay system and i have retained a copy.

gollumscacti( 107)

Positive feedback: 100%

Registered on: www.ebay.com

Item: ***BUTTON CACTUS: RARE PLANT*** (300017170288)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

gollumscacti is the seller.

Ma'm,

I am not telling you lies.

Lophophra Williamsii is a plant that is hunted by the police in your state. I am a member of the Queensland cactus and Succulent Society as well as the Australian Society and I am aware of how the law deals with these plants. Three years ago in Queensland the police raided a Society meeting and busted a grower who had a few lophophoras with him (you may verify this through the society to make sure that I am not telling you lies). The sale of this plant on Ebay is prohibited (that is no lie either, nor a threat).

So far as karma and form, I am not whingeing because of 'sales'. I have no problem selling plants nor the need for money - this is a hobby and hobbies are fun! If you are indeed a religious woman, how good do you feel trying to raise your child (as you say), selling drugs? (because that's what this plant is classified as: a drug). Regardless, I'm only writing this to you to tell you that I am not threatening in any sense. I am doing the right thing by Ebay so I would really not mind if you sent any of my correspondance to them. In fact, please do.

Regards

gollum

Edited by evolutionNth

another response from gollumscacti, his text in italics. if anyone is interested in what i have said to him happy to copy and paste my emails with full headers. note i have removed my personal email address from headers to maintain a modicum of privacy for myself but can be contacted via the forum should you need to.

Great!

Now you’re stealing my ideas as well!

Button cactus #2?

By sending you an email, I offered you a chance to remove your item.

Insread, your cunning nature reared its head. Too bad.

Monday morning I’m calling WA quarantine.

Have a nice day.

this is the full header to show authenticity of above threatening email from gollumscacti

Received: from izen (60-240-159-109.tpgi.com.au [60.240.159.109])

by mail4.tpgi.com.au (envelope-from [email protected]) (8.13.6/8.13.6) with ESMTP id k7JEIAH3001452

for <ME>; Sun, 20 Aug 2006 00:18:12 +1000

To: <ME>

Subject: Lophophora Williamsii

Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 00:18:24 +1000

Message-ID: <000001c6c39a$55d09230$6d9ff03c@izen>

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01C6C3EE.277CA230"

X-Priority: 3 (Normal)

X-MSMail-Priority: Normal

X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook, Build 10.0.2616

Importance: Normal

In-Reply-To: <1962220835.1155989016993.JavaMail.ebayapp@rc-v3conta016>

X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962

Edited by evolutionNth

in other words this jerk is a THREATENING, GREEDY TOOL and you'd do better to purchase your cacti from a decent human being, goodness knows there are plenty of them here. :BANGHEAD2: people suck!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Hi Guys,

what are these mails about? This seems to be a very poor Blackening of other cactus sellers. I don´t see these mails as a goodwilling warning. They are childish. All people at ebay have to follow their rules as it is a private owned auction system but it isn´t up to other sellers to make sure everybody else is complying with their rules. If Ebay doesn´t delete the auctions by themselves it´s their own Problem. If somebody wants to break the ebay rules or the laws using codewords, he has to expect consequences.But Everybody has to decide this for himself. I don´t think it can be in the interest of anyone in this community to prevent others from buying or selling some cacti. Acting up like a sheriff is ridiculous. In my eyes this is some thing like "if i am not allowed to sell lophs there, nobody else shall be allowed too!". Some guys just seem to have pretty weird hobbies and way too much time.

Edited by Evil Genius

Evil genius, I think you are missing the point. Gollumscacti IS the main peyote seller on ebay in australia and these emails clearly show he is using threats and standover tactics to stop others from encroaching on his ebay turf.

I think these threats of calling quarantine etc are sickening as they essentially amount to dobbing someone in for drug possession. In fact it is no different than if I rang the cops and pointed them at suspicious posts made by darcy or rev (ie my competitors) in this forum in the hope they would get raided.

Please note that there is a big difference between the spat that was going on between sabrtooth and mexicali as that was merely an ebay trade gone sour. The problem nthevolution is revealing is much more serious and goes to the heart of what a large section of this community stands for.

I am absolutely appalled by what is unfolding here :angry::(

evolutionsnth - I know you from FNQ don't I? The perth thing only just clicked. Glad to see you finally made it there :)

Folks, let me say that evolutionnth is one of the most generous, trustworthy, efficient and experienced ebayers I have EVER had the pleasure of trading with. She has also previous offered some stunning Lophs which I personally linked to from here because I knew some folks here would appreciate them and the trader could be trusted with such high value trades.

Evolutionth is not the type of person to start a turf war over peyote sales, which puts gollumscacti (mexicali) in an incredibly worrying position.

Hi torsten,

thank you for making this clear. I had some Problems to express what i actually meant but i finally got the point. I didn´t thought it might have such drastic consequences if somebody gets reported to quarantine. I fully agree with you about this one. I wanted to wait for Mexicalis statement as i was that surprised because of this behaviour. I´ve remembered hearing this ebay name in combination with the dispute of mexicali and sabrtooth a few weeks ago and thought this might also have a personal background. But this is another level of threathening. A level that i can´t tolerate in any way. Now It seems this move is targeted at the competitors in order to keep them away from ebay.

Edited by Evil Genius

Great!

Button cactus #2?

Have a nice day.

Lost for words :slap:

i'll also have everyone know i have never ingested a cactus in my life. i have american indian heritage and i grow mine because i truly do believe it is a sacred plant. i believe it is so sacred it shouldn't be ingested as a game, a high, or a fun time and is a MEDICINE that requires shamanic discipline and guidance and should NEVER be used as a drug in any way.

i was able to procure two specimens from an nursery that received a deceased estate's cacti collection some moons back. i sold one to a member here through ebay and the other i kept. after a movei have decided to sell off a few of the pups to establish a small nursery here.

i could give two craps about the ability to sell cactus on ebay. i have two for sale full stop i'm not making a career of it.

i moved away from queensland and the possibility of a VERY lucrative venture in plumeria, the latter of which i gave up due to this same type of shifty, greedy, capitalist-minded plants=money dramas. money is a beast and ANYONE who sells sacred plants with this kind of heart is the ultimate in rubbish. i would hope the majority of the community would agree with these sentiments and not support this truly evil behaviour. :(

~cooky old lady anarchist type

Edited by evolutionNth

i'll also have everyone know i have never ingested a cactus in my life. i have american indian heritage and i grow mine because i truly do believe it is a sacred plant. i believe it is so sacred it shouldn't be ingested as a game, a high, or a fun time and is a MEDICINE that requires shamanic discipline and guidance and should NEVER be used as a drug in any way.

i was able to procure two specimens from an nursery that received a deceased estate's cacti collection some moons back. i sold one to a member here through ebay and the other i kept. after a movei have decided to sell off a few of the pups to establish a small nursery here.

i could give two craps about the ability to sell cactus on ebay. i have two for sale full stop i'm not making a career of it.

i moved away from queensland and the possibility of a VERY lucrative venture in plumeria, the latter of which i gave up due to this same type of shifty, greedy, capitalist-minded plants=money dramas. money is a beast and ANYONE who sells sacred plants with this kind of heart is the ultimate in rubbish. i would hope the majority of the community would agree with these sentiments and not support this truly evil behaviour. :(

~cooky old lady anarchist type

Word! :) . I agree wholeheartedly with your Sentiments evolutionNth, its sad too see such beautiful sacred plants being peddled like some sort of product... which can be bought and sold for money... like a commodity, I wish you the best of luck in your journey to grow and care for such an amazing plant evolutionNth and can only hope more like yourself will appear with proper responsibility, intentions and understanding.

hmm this is interesting. Oh and i forgot to say disturbing.

Edited by teonanacatl

evolutionsnth - I know you from FNQ don't I? The perth thing only just clicked. Glad to see you finally made it there :)

Folks, let me say that evolutionnth is one of the most generous, trustworthy, efficient and experienced ebayers I have EVER had the pleasure of trading with. She has also previous offered some stunning Lophs which I personally linked to from here because I knew some folks here would appreciate them and the trader could be trusted with such high value trades.

Evolutionth is not the type of person to start a turf war over peyote sales, which puts gollumscacti (mexicali) in an incredibly worrying position.

yes yes and yes. and thanks t. and i'm NOT one to start crap with anyone. i want to be left the heck alone to live my quiet life and grow my quiet plants (why i'm preferential to plants in the first place!) but this was too much to let go. i have long, dragon-lady claws that only come out when people threaten my life and liberty. especially when they are threatening me and doing just what they claim i'm doing....oi!

and thanks trip, it's heartening to know there are folks like you out there and i hope we are the majority.

Gee, i picked the right time to buy my first loph... :(

hope this all gets cleared up soon.

f you are indeed a religious woman, how good do you feel trying to raise your child (as you say), selling drugs? (because that's what this plant is classified as: a drug). Regardless, I'm only writing this to you to tell you that I am not threatening in any sense. I am doing the right thing by Ebay so I would really not mind if you sent any of my correspondance to them. In fact, please do.

Regards

gollum

Interesting given that he sells 'button cacti' himself

And just to clarify - Lophophora is not a prohibited plant under any WA drug legislation.

R Ya also gonna dob me in too??? And if we wanna get picky, ur tech breaking ebay rules too!!!

Pot calling the kettle black!!

People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones!!

Edited by naja naja

naja - mexicali might be right in that they are illegal in WA (the WA drug act is pretty comprehensive and vague), but regardless, his hypocrisy is just sickening.

O.K. I retract my previous statment. I just found this This And I didn't quite understand it. It lists lophs,MG, HBWR, catha and many others on page 319 and a few others. I'm not sure wat state these laws apply to or whether they are new proposed laws not yet in place, but they r quite disturbing.

COuld sum1 please explain it better than the governmant. :lol:

COuld sum1 please explain it better than the governmant. :lol:

If you ask that question in the legals forum I will provide the background :wink:

so where is mexicalli to defend himself?

ill state quite out in the open that ive been suspicious abot this character since he arrived out of the blue bearing gifts

the conflict with sabretooth heightened my illfeeling as i hold sabr to be a good and trustworthy person as found the situation very fishy

he (mex) has certainly got some major explaining to do

till he does so i certainly think a boycott of his wares is in order

and BTW - Ebay sucks arse anyhow :)

better to trade here or on other privae forums

do you trust ebay not to monitor and report your activities?????

so where is mexicalli to defend himself?

from the guy tonight:

If I was still writing in the forums, I would check them.

But, I have a LIFE and ain’t got time – not that I care what people say in the forums.

I have a perfect feedback and over 300 sales in a year.

You can stick that up you know where.

Lol

BUT, I WILL take the time to contact WAQUIS about you

Lol

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Sunday, 20 August 2006 10:12 PM

To: Kosta

Subject: Re: Lophophora Williamsii

best check shaman australis forums before you do anything stupid. or stupider, i guess.

----- Original Message -----

To: ME

Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2006 10:18 PM

Subject: Lophophora Williamsii

Great!

Button cactus #2?

Have a nice day.

the thing is, i don't care if ebay monitors my activities as it has always been my thought i am selling legal items (and i always am). if plants i have are illegal in western australia and someone can tell me or show me the law that says they are that i'm not aware of through visiting communities where these things are discussed, they can have em. i don't really care about being "monitored", but i do care about people getting treated in a threatening manner by hypocrites.