The Corroboree
gtarman

Is booby cactus in oz?

Someone needs to cultivate a spineless variety for easier handling.

And with a shorter name for easier discussion :)

Saw the one on eBay also, from super stoked to instant deflation!! Damn you WA quarantine! :'(

Ive found a couple and are trying to secure them now. If I can manage it, I'll get propagating and there will be boobies for all, eventually...

Well I brought a pair from ebay only to have customs seize them at the border as the cities cert was filled in incorrectly by the seller as was the phytosanitary certificate. (Cities cert "non compliant and invalid" also only "suggests" one cactus, photosanitary cert lists one anti mite chemical not the two needed and item was dipped for 1 min instead of 2.5 min and is also "non compliant and invalid")

I'm told by them that even if I were to somehow get new compliant certificates I could only have one of the cactus as only one was "suggested" on the original cities cert, not the two in the package. Funny how the cert is invalid but that part of it still counts...

The upshot is that they are going to MURDER my cacti.

Rather an expensive failure...

Oh well, it saves me from having to make up tiny bra's for them.

• Like 2

Well I brought a pair from ebay only to have customs seize them at the border as the cities cert was filled in incorrectly by the seller as was the phytosanitary certificate. (Cities cert "non compliant and invalid" also only "suggests" one cactus, photosanitary cert lists one anti mite chemical not the two needed and item was dipped for 1 min instead of 2.5 min and is also "non compliant and invalid")

I'm told by them that even if I were to somehow get new compliant certificates I could only have one of the cactus as only one was "suggested" on the original cities cert, not the two in the package. Funny how the cert is invalid but that part of it still counts...

The upshot is that they are going to MURDER my cacti.

Rather an expensive failure...

Oh well, it saves me from having to make up tiny bra's for them.

That's terrible!!!! oh noooo!

I bet that lousy perv has taken your fair green mistress as his own!! "non-compliant" my ass!

• Like 2

Commiserations, sad to hear two sexy girls going to the furnace.

Hey Db,, that sux big time! Was it from oz eBay or did u try to get it in from another country?

Hey Db,, that sux big time! Was it from oz eBay or did u try to get it in from another country?

From Taiwan.

I'm not in oz, but I've been looking for this plant for a while too. Finally picked one up a couple weeks ago:

post-14425-0-90279400-1390367050_thumb.j

post-14425-0-47800100-1390367177_thumb.j

And here's a pic I took of one at a private nursery I visited. After seeing it, I knew I needed one.

post-14425-0-01355700-1390367112_thumb.j

post-14425-0-90279400-1390367050_thumb.jpg

post-14425-0-01355700-1390367112_thumb.jpg

post-14425-0-47800100-1390367177_thumb.jpg

post-14425-0-90279400-1390367050_thumb.jpg

post-14425-0-01355700-1390367112_thumb.jpg

post-14425-0-47800100-1390367177_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys. Its my first time here, so be gentle ;)

Picked this up about 2 months ago off ebay aus, $108 delivered (alot of money for a cacti, i know, but worth every cent in my eyes!), as well as a gummy :)

95cm from base to tip, & my gummys 16cm

This is the third listing ive noticed on ebay in the last 18 months of this cultivar, two seperate sellers. So there definately around!

One seller dosent list 'monstrose' or 'monstrosus' in the title, so u really have to look!

post-14390-0-87517000-1390378996_thumb.j

post-14390-0-87517000-1390378996_thumb.jpg

post-14390-0-87517000-1390378996_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

They're definitely on the east coast,, as cravn said (howdy and welcome by the way :-)) they occasionally pop up on eBay.au

I'll try and link next time as the lil buggers don't send to WA.

• Like 1

Wow, those have to be at least a D cup. ;) Nice find.

ahahah ^, thanks guys!

fwiw, I have a rock solid source for these plants, & I will ship world wide

• Like 2

Hard at work propagating the boobs ;D That pup is one day off exactly a month old!

The tip is at a friends place who is also hard at work trying to make more breasts for us Aussies!

post-12907-0-00846800-1392861355_thumb.j

So we've tried quite a few times to do areole grafts but with no luck, and not because we're shit (we both have much experience with areole grafting)

but for some reason the tit don't stick...

Alsooooo, for a months growth, you think it'd grow quicker if grafted to trich stock?

It seems to grow the incyest but slower than trich, so would it be worth it?

post-12907-0-00846800-1392861355_thumb.jpg

post-12907-0-00846800-1392861355_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I was able to do an areole graft with success but soon after the pereskiopsis died and the scion was too small to grow well on own roots; there is a tiny amount of growth and roots.

The boobies DO grow faster on already established trich stock and the pups also come out much quicker when grafted rather then own roots. Even well established boobs seem to take a while to pup once cut.

• Like 1

Yeah, mine took around 2 months after being cut to pup. Sweet, well I think i'll graft that pup to some trich and i'll try to do an areole graft to pereskiopsis. We've only been trying with trich stock!

One thing worth noting is that the boobies will grow thicker then on own roots and the cup size will be small at first; as small as an a cup (very small almost none existent) but will grow larger the longer it grows.

• Like 1

I noticed that the younger breasts are very firm and perky and smooth while the older breasts start to sag and get wrinkly.

• Like 2

She's very popular! I was outbid in the last second on that one,,,

Good to see there seems to be a few around oz

get one over to our side of the country upside haha :)

• Like 1

Edit: double post

Edited by myco

I was trying to tell my wife why it was so important to own one of these...........

• Like 3