The Corroboree
GoOnThen

New member ? Come and introduce yourself

With the influx of new members I thought it would be good to have somewhere you could come and say Gday.

So I would like to say Welcome and I hope you all enjoy your stay and become active members of this great community :lol:

This is a link to some useful info .The F.A.Q thread http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14938

Cheers

Got

• Like 2

Please do!

Its nice to see an influx of new thought-provoking names :)

Edit: MOST of us don't bite! ;)

Edited by bogfrog

Hey there,, cheers for the welcome :) it's great to be here too. I've been making myself at home,, hope that's ok lol

• Like 1

Howdy all... Such a great wealth of knowledge here to be found ... Love it :)

• Like 1

about time we had a thread like this!

G'day all, I'm Scrubby! I've been patiently waiting a while to come aboard... I;m hoping to engage with some like minded peepz out there. My interests include all kinds of cacti, mycology, ancient cultures & the down right cooler side of life!

Shoot me a PM if you wanna be friendly or else i'll just see ya round the forums....

Peace my friends :blink:

• Like 2

Not exactly a new member but it's been quite a while since I've been around here so thought it appropriate to say hi again. Good to see some familiar names still around. I'll be largely lurking until the Uni year is done and I can devote some time to my neglected garden and other projects

G'day, thanks for your post. I'm Jimmy23 and I am trying to find out about posting in the forum my queries on the Ayahuasca plant. I understand there are 2 different types of it - I am after more information on this and also which seeds are recommended for growing in Brisbane in what type of environment, etc. I'd really appreciate some advice on this before we go ahead and purchase seeds. Also, a friend of mine thought you may have the Ayahuasca vines fully grown for sale yourselves? Is this accurate. It would be much easier... Thanks.

Best do some reading jimmy :) welcome by the way :) you have much to learn young padawan and the universe helps those who help themselves :)

• Like 4

G'day Incognito - I have done my reading on the S.A.B. website along with some friends of mine and they said they don't answer questions via email only through the forum... Thus, here we are. I hope S.A.B. can clear this up for us. But thanks for your welcome.

Welcome on board Jimmy.

Give me a few minutes & have a few answers for you :wink:

? Huh? No one is going to hold your wang man. The info you seek is very easily found, jeez just type "ayahuasca" into google :/

I like to think one good thing Sab doesn't do is spoonfeed newbs, well that's defo the way it was when I started, and it benefitted me in that I learned how to research things I was passionate about. When you do your own research you find out so many other cool things!!

So I truly believe between you and your friends, you should be able to find out what plants constitute ayahuasca, and what plants are suitable to grow in a Brisbane climate. I mean sheesh bro get off your ass and use that brain it's capable of alot.

I will give you some pointers:

Google- ayahuasca ingredients

Do a search and see if those ingredients are available in aus, maybe try the Sab webstore.

Brisbane- horticultural climate

Research what plants your interested in and find out their growing requirements.. If the requirements suit brisbanes climate your onto a winner. Seriously if I had asked questions like that when I started up I would have been tied to a cyber post and cyber flogged. Don't be afraid to use the search engine here either.

I do hope you stick around and learn ALOT, you are welcome here, but yeah man, do some research, it's rewarding

Not being a smartarse but fuckkkkk it's like those people you meet that want you to tell them how to grow shrooms in a 2 minute convo. What u need is patience and research skills and the ability not to expect everyone to do the hard work for you that we have all done for ourselves. If your not willing to do that I'm just gonna out and say it you have no place here.

Ps I bite :)

Edited by incognito
  • Like 3

G'day, thanks for your post. I'm Jimmy23 and I am trying to find out about posting in the forum my queries on the Ayahuasca plant. I understand there are 2 different types of it - I am after more information on this and also which seeds are recommended for growing in Brisbane in what type of environment, etc. I'd really appreciate some advice on this before we go ahead and purchase seeds. Also, a friend of mine thought you may have the Ayahuasca vines fully grown for sale yourselves? Is this accurate. It would be much easier... Thanks.

SAB is currently stocking rooted Banisteriopsis caapi cuttings, available here.

This is the plant most commonly referred to as Ayahuasca.

We also sell more established B. caapi plants, available in-person from the nursery (direction here).

We are open 2 - 4pm weekdays, although you can arrange another time with me via the forums if that doesn't suit, including the weekends.

There are several others species, such as several Alicia spp., also known as Black Ayahuasca Vine.

We don't sell these guys yet but it won't be long now :drool2:

There are also some other rarer species that we are currently tracking down.

This thread provides very useful information explaining some of the diversity in Ayahuasca plants, which I need to contribute to as a bunch of our varieties are currently flowering.

Hope this helps Jimmy but feel free to ask again if you have more questions.

There is a wealth of info on the forums here too, its just a matter of locating it :wink:

• Like 1

To the Nursery Manager,

Thank you kindly for your prompt reply. Just so you know (for others in the forum who may wish to bite amateurs such as myself) I live in Melbourne and am enquiring on behalf of a friend in Brisbane. We actually did check your catalogue but were unsure of a few things, thus my queries (but thanks for your time Incognito). I shall let my friend know tonight and look forward to purchasing some cuttings or seeds off you soon. Thanks for making them available in Oz so that we don't have to go to Peru to try it! Nice one.

:0

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

Thanks for making them available in Oz so that we don't have to go to Peru to try it! Nice one.

Mate, come on..

'Nuff said.

• Like 3

Thanx for starting this thread GoOnThen, if others are like me it can feel a bit rude to just chime into someone elses space. Especially when we have more to learn than to offer. If the meets are still going i think i'll be making a show and hope to get to know a few of you.

Take it ezy

p.s. the khat still lives :-)

Welcome everyone!... don't worry all the newbs have to go thru the hazing process

its part of learning :P

theres alot of different ppl on here, and thus alot of personality types

some of us are ez to annoy, and some more difficult

but stroke anyone right and a genie pops out

laff

• Like 3

I'm kind of new... I'm a capricorn. I like long walks on the beach and climbing up tree.