The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bogfrog

Jury duty winge and kitty hit and run :(

I've just finished 'performing my civic duty' by doing jury service for three 8hr long days, and now i really wish that i had just made some lame excuse and said i couldnt do it like everyone else i know.

Luck wasnt on my side this week,

I got chosen as one of 12 members of the jury out of over 60 people.

Then the case just had to be a molestation case didnt it.. With accusations about events that occured almost 50 years ago.

It was likely the most mentally & emotionally draining experience i have had yet.

This case got into my head and i couldnt shake it. I have been thinking or dreaming about it almost non-stop since first thing monday morning and what i saw has just confirmed what i had suspected.

Its not a matter of who's innocent and who's guilty, its who can construct the better arguement and who can efficiently undermine the credibility of the other.

This makes me sad and i feel like i am just one of many pawns, manipulated and extorted for my mental capacity.

Now its over i am finding it hard to cleanse my psyche of all this information that bears to relevence to my life.

In an attempt to drop all this, i had a shower, changed into fresh clothes and I went for a walk to the river. I cleansed my crystals and splashed water on my face. I then sat on a rock and did a tarot reading (i have osho zen tarot cards, my dad gave them to me when i was young)

It was an extrodinarily insightful reading, and helped me let go of most of the stuff i had seen and heard.

I felt much better after this, and there was a beautiful pink and orange sunset above. I walked down the road to get a better view, then 2 metres ahead of me, this slinky black cat runs out infront of a car and it gets hit on one or two legs by the front wheel. It yowled in pain and did this weird flip and made tortured noises as it ran away. I called out ''yep. You hit it'' at the driver, he looks at me for a second and drives off.

Just when i was feeling better about our twisted reality :(

Winge over.

oh my god... i swear i will punch the next person i see hit an animal and just drive off! seen enough this week already. this is why i am getting the stupid council in QLD Brisbane, to remove a few trees they planted in the most stupid place imaginable. round the clock death trap for birds and bats. its hard to collect an injured bat isnt it! anyhow, i like to think that these things happen to teach us all something. with much thought i seem to find a change that needs to be made. all the best Bogfrog, and the poor little cat! the driver will hit a pole and die causing no harm to anyone else. how do i know this? because i have just put it out there. =) peace.

washing your face thrice is ancient ritual to remove the"evil eye". When you are born into greek culture , you get a blue eyelet - usually on a wrist band or you wear it around your neck. Mine came from Χαλκιδική = it protects you - many cultures have a version of this eh boggy :wink:

I'd say the cat - being black and all - got hit because it took the 'evil' away from you. My witch does this water and oil thing in a cup and then throws the water on her dog, who shakes off the water - thus removing the hex/burden you were carrying.

Sounds like a tough week. :( It can only get better.

Etherealdrifter, You have a witch? Like a personal witch? Cauldrons and potions and the like?

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I don't really believe there are signs (positive, or negative) that we happen to come across in life - only the signs we make out of our experiences. I believe that you can make positive signs, and lessons out of these two rather emotional experiences - and that looking for them will help you a lot. Even if all you find - is that you care, and want to keep making a positive contribution to keep the balance of yin and yang. :)

that you dream of the case, and how it effected you, is not a good sign.

i don't want to make it worse for you, by being concerned, so the best i could advice you to do, is to ring salvo helpline or life line, and to debrief youreselve totaly, and get it all out.

give youreselfe, a big pad onto your teflon shoulders, and reward youreselfe, go and buy that thing, you always wanted!

the sooner you debrief, the better.

and you are doing it, already by talking to us about it, so it's all good.

Sounds like a tough week. :( It can only get better.

Etherealdrifter, You have a witch? Like a personal witch? Cauldrons and potions and the like?

yep i do, my witch is my mother

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I don't really believe there are signs (positive, or negative) that we happen to come across in life - only the signs we make out of our experiences. I believe that you can make positive signs, and lessons out of these two rather emotional experiences - and that looking for them will help you a lot. Even if all you find - is that you care, and want to keep making a positive contribution to keep the balance of yin and yang. :)

i was expecting you to be the rational scientist here cbl :wink:

i'd like to think that we can accept the idea/notion/cosmic interruption that, somethings just cannot be empirically proved/disproved in a lab by some dude with a lab coat armed with theorems, a life time of scientific research and a lab so full of tech devices that he/she cannot dare dream of going outside into the sunshine for fear of discombobulating.

i'd like to think that we can accept the idea/notion/cosmic interruption that, somethings just cannot be empirically proved/disproved in a lab by some dude with a lab coat armed with theorems, a life time of scientific research and a lab so full of tech devices that he/she cannot dare dream of going outside into the sunshine for fear of discombobulating.

Or just accept that there is no multinational Witches Inc funding extensive scientific studies to 'prove' things in the same way Big Pharma does ;)

Seriously, scratch most biologists or physicists and you'll find a surprising range of beliefs. And the acceptance that no-one is going to pay for that particular line of enquiry in the near future.

It's only the media who portray scientific results as immutable. Us pointy headed lab types know just how weird shit gets

I've been a bit absent lately, and it's threads like this that make me glad to be back. You guys are great.

Or just accept that there is no multinational Witches Inc funding extensive scientific studies to 'prove' things in the same way Big Pharma does ;)

multinational Witches Inc - now that would be a fun wednesday night book club Dl ;)

Of course we can't disprove these things. There really could be a dude, or a mystical tree (I'd prefer it to be a tree) that has decided when it's time for our lives to get difficult, or even end. I don't deny that it's possible. I just find it more useful - to treat these events as being inherently neutral, and my own judgement - tinting it positive or negative (because then I feel I have the ability to change my future :) )

although it was an uncomfortable and stressful experience, doing jury duty was probably beneficial to me and my understanding of the world in some way or another.

the thing that fucked with my head throughout the whole case was that the decision we made was going to have huge effect on both these strangers lives.

the woman who had come forward with the allegations of sexual abuse was being told the whole time by the defence lawyer that she had fabricated these events over many years, and that they simply did not happen, that it was all her imagination. i don't understand why anyone would make this sort of thing up, but it was very unclear and i felt very sorry for the woman, weather it had happened or not. if it really was something she created, clearly she was suffering from a mental illness -one she had constructed throughout her childhood, adolescence and adulthood.

we had to find the accused not guilty, as there was just no real evidence. it was extremely hard to do and i really hope we didn't make the wrong decision.

It was great for me to have a normal day yesterday and i really enjoyed the little things i usually take for granted :)

its easy to fall into a rut and not appreciate how many good things there are in your life, when that's all you experience.

things like being back at teachers college, sneaking off between class to the field with my friend to smoke some herb , then going back chonged and giggly to class where we got to make up poems and songs with actions that we could use to explore science learning with pre-schoolers :innocent_n:

when i got home a really strange drawing saw an opportunity to exist and took it.

i think its a bit ugly really but the way it flowed from my pen with no required thought was interesting.

i spread some peastraw on my garden to cosy up for winter

post-8023-0-52005400-1363313930_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-63820000-1363314082_thumb.jp

and then to really seal the deal and overwhelm darkness with cuteness, along come these fuzzy wuzzy little dudes from next door :)

post-8023-0-16186600-1363314304_thumb.jp

they like to play in the drainpipe :wub::wub: they hide there when a car comes past

the grey one even went right through to the other side

post-8023-0-49323300-1363314352_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-69856300-1363314379_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-90948700-1363314394_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-46248200-1363314407_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-30513500-1363314418_thumb.jp

when life gives you lemons.. find yourself some kittens :lol:

IMG_2764.JPG

IMG_2762.JPG

IMG_2742.JPG

IMG_2747.JPG

IMG_2753.JPG

IMG_2757.JPG

IMG_2768.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2764.JPG

IMG_2762.JPG

IMG_2742.JPG

IMG_2747.JPG

IMG_2753.JPG

IMG_2757.JPG

IMG_2768.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

Oh wow...

Being involved in a case like that could really take you to a dark space. What a situation to be put in.

What happened to the poor cat that was hit? :unsure:

Having the support around you of friends, family, and a wicked garden makes so much difference

Going through an experience like that really does make you appreciate your life and everything you have.

And nothing more therapeutic than watching kittens frolicking.

That pic of them lying together in the dug-out :wub:

I dunno what happened to the un-lucky puss, he was new to the area, he sprinted away like a fire cracker and i missed the chance to see which house while i was trying to stop the driver.

I think he would be okay -broken leg of course- because of the way he ran when he left.

I was so glad to be back in my greenhouse :) 3 days of not seeing my plants and they certainly appeared to have grown.

Etherealdrifter if you're still drifting these parts,

I have a big blue glass eye that hangs in the window, it was given to me with the phrase 'this will protect you from the evil eye'.. Although i find it to be somewhat paradoxical, as its a bit of an intimidating looking eye which is always watching in my lounge.

And speaking of witches, i had one chasing me through the forest in a dream last night. She kept coming closer and chanting and i kept shouting at her to stay back and keep away from me.

Just before that i had been on a deck watching a crowd of people cutting down trees, i was drunk and i fell flat onto my back and the crowd of people were laughing at me.

Reality rotated somehow and i was suddenly lying on the sky looking down at the scene and the crowd from a great height.