The Corroboree
Slybacon

Unveiling the Truth

Hi All,

I’ve started this thread in the hope that controversial topics often labelled conspiracy or similar may be discussed without populating the forums with random posts and tin foil hat scorns. Please feel free to post your own information for discussion. If you don’t want to participate then simply don’t come back to this thread. I have been in contact with Evil Genius about starting this thread and the mods are going to keep a close eye on it. I will ask them to delete any posts I feel threaten the thread to be dumped, just hoping we can get enough members who can debate these topics without it turning ugly. Yes it is going to be somewhat censored, but only to protect topics being cross associated and stereotyped. Let the fun begin, I hope this thread works out!

~BOOM

• Like 1

The Bar Guilds (Societies)

The Bar Guilds (Societies) are the direct descendents of the Florentine, Venetian and London Guilds of the Middle Ages that used merchant trading principles to commercialize law and personally profit from crime as demonstrated by the history of courts and their literal meaning. The Bar Guilds now control almost 100% of judicial assemblies around the world in the worst example of organized crime in the history of civilization.

Judges, lawyers and members of the Bar Guilds are not generally bad or evil people. On the contrary, many dedicate their spare time to help the less fortunate in the community as well as actively participate in the support of non-profit organizations. Instead, they have been carefully educated and indoctrinated into a system where they are completely ignorant to its real history, its function and the fact that the law is secondary to the Bar than making a profit from the commercializing of sin.

Plausible deniability

Most members of the Bar are completely and wholly ignorant of its creation, its purpose, the true origin and meaning of court and to whom they ultimate serve.

This is not their fault initially. However, because the process of indoctrination takes place over years and often decades, it is almost impossible for most good people who are members of the Bar to even comprehend what is revealed in these pages, let alone even consider the truth in these words.

Instead, their education and the open promotion of arrogance, superior feeling of knowledge of the law and aggressive competitiveness all serve to protect the Bar through plausible deniability – in other words if a highly educated professor in law has never heard of these things and denies them, then ipso facto they must be false.

This kind of self serving, circular reinforcement of isolated thinking and self satisfaction is why the Bar Guilds along with Medical Practitioners are arguably two of the most unhappy groups of professionals “cut off” from the ideals and dreams of youth.

The purpose and foundation of the Bar

While the Guilds of Judges and Notaries formed by the trading powers of Genoa, Venice, Florence and the Liveries of England saw their purpose and focus on the commercializing of the law for profit in the Middle Ages. However, when the Bar Associations were formed in the 19th century, their purpose included a much darker and sinister meaning.The primary purpose of the Crown Temple and members of the Bar is to salvage souls, to reap souls through “salvation” in the tradition of the black robed galla/galli of millennia; and The Galla as the lowest of priests associated with Cybele, the Queen of heaven and the Mother of God, also known as Mary, also known as Mari were expected to cut off their genitals on the Day of Blood, now known as Easter and thus become voluntary eunuchs. Hence celibacy has never applied to the senior ranks of Cults that worship Cybele; and The origin of the Celibate Eunich Galla is the city of Ur which around 1,000 BCE was converted into the largest necropolis the world had seen. The standard clothing of the Galla beginning in Ur was Black Robes, signifying them as attendants to Ereshkigal, Goddess of the Underworld. They were regarded as the Grim reapers, with the power to steal/consume souls if not placated; and Following Ur, the next headquarters for the celibate Galla was the great temple of Cybele atop Vatican Hill, upon the largest Necropolis of Rome in 200 BCE. Hence the Pontifex Maximus, also known as the Roman Pontiff, also known as the Pope has always been the high priest of the Galla since 200 BCE. However, the Roman Pontiff only claimed to become “Christian” in the form of the Roman Cult as late as the 11th Century; and As to “god” referred to in the “G” of freemasonry representing its spiritual home as the Crown Temple, also known as the Temple Bar, also known as New Jerusalem, to whom all members of the Bar Societies and Bar Associations swear an oath and ultimately a blood oath, it is easier to deceive the educated using their arrogance and pride;Indeed, the “god” which all lawyers, clerks and judges of the Bar worship knowingly or in completely ignorance is Ba’al; and Baalism is a Theology and an ancient Cult originating back to 2,500 BCE in Northern Syria in honor of the perceived god of rain, thunder, fertility, agriculture and lord of Heaven. Hence Ba’al or Ba’el or Bail, literally means “master” or “lord”; and As an ancient fertility religion, Baalism is infamous for being one of the oldest, most murderous Asian and Middle Eastern fertility cults, in particular the sacrifice of first borne children, the ritual murder of children, including cannibalism as well as the sacred ritual of holocaust by burning men, woman and especially children to death by fire; and The most sacred Temple to Ba’al is Baalbek first created by King Solomon (Shulmanu I or Shalmaneser I) of Assyria. (1274 BC – 1245 BC). Baalbek situated at an altitude 1,170 m (3,850 ft), east of the Litani River in the Bekaa Valley, 85 km north east of Beirut and about 75 km north of Damascus; and The most sacred Temple of the whole Roman Empire from its beginning until 325 CE was King Solomon’s Temple at Baalbek which the Romans named Heliopolis and built the Great Temple to Jupiter (Ba’al). All Emperors were consecrated at Ba’albek until the 3rd Century CE; and Due to the age and the importance of Ba’al, several significant incarnations of this deity emerged through history including but not limited to Ba’al Hadad, Ba’al Zephon, Ba’al Moloch and Ba’al Hanan (Hammon); and

The names Ba’al Hadad, Ba’al Zephon are arguably the oldest of the tradition of Ba’al and refer to the sacred Mount Saphon (Zephon) considered the original “home of Ba’al”. Ba’al Hanan is a later variation of these; and The name Ba’al Moloch was the highest god of the exiled Phoenicians of Urgarit that founded Carthage in the 14th Century BCE. Later, Ba’al Moloch also appeared the dominant form of Ba’al for Tyre; and The name Ba’al Hanan, also Hammon is the Ba’al worshipped at King Solomon’s Temple at Ba’albek. The High Priests called themselves Hanan and during a period from 20BCE to 60 CE also controlled Herod’s Temple at Jerusalem; and

The greatest and most elaborate ritual sacrifice to Ba’al was between 1939 and 1943 when the Ashke-Nazi elite, also known as the anti-semitic Scythian/Khazarian Parasites with their Venetian cousins through the Jesuits created Auschwitz as a scale model of the same dimensions of Baalbek. In turn Auschwitz as Baalbek formed part of a 300 mile wide pentagram pointing perfectly to the North Star, with five other infamous ancient Ba’al sacrifice sites being Lodz as the shape of Tyre, Treblinka the shape of Ur, Sobibor as the shape of Babylon and Janowska as the shape of Jerusalem.

http://one-heaven.org/court_success/court_bar_guilds.htm

Edited by Slybacon
  • Like 1

Who's A Terrorist According to US Authorities

FBI & Sheriff’s Terrorists Definitions

ACTUAL QUOTES FROM DEFINITIONS:

“What are Some Characteristics of Terrorists?”

“Nice-guy image”

“Property Rights Activists”

“Environmental and Animal Rights”

“Influence governmental of social policy”

“Undermine confidence in the government”

“Anti-government and Militia Movement”

“Create an atmosphere of anxiety amongst the public”

"defenders of the US Constitution against federal government and the UN"

"Common Law Movement Proponents" who "Request authority for a stop" who "Make numerous references to the US Constitution" and "Attempt to 'police the police'

“Will employ a variety of vehicles and communicate predominantly by cell-phone, E-mail, or text messaging services”

“Trained to be physically aware of their environment, whether it be a 747 jumbo jet or a court house”

“May appear ‘normal’ in appearance… tourists, student, or businessperson

http://www.libertyforlife.com/jail-police/whos_a_terrorist.htm

• Like 1

Very Interesting....

IF the police ask to have a quiet word with you, it's OK to do a runner, a Supreme Court judge confirmed yesterday.

Justice Stephen Kaye said that a man who bolted when police wanted to speak to him about an unpaid restaurant bill was entitled to make himself scarce, leaving the officers trailing in his wake.

After the judge ruled, the man at the centre of the test case was in no doubt of its importance.

"This decision does for Australian civil liberties what Mabo did for native title,'' Andrew Hamilton declared.

The 25-year-old Sydneysider said he was so drunk he couldn't remember why he ran. But when he sobered up, he knew his rights.

"At no point did they say I was under arrest,'' he said. "I hadn't committed a crime . . . I ran because I was just a drunken boor.''

Justice Kaye said it was an ancient principle of the common law that a person not under arrest has no obligation to stop for police, or answer their questions. And there is no statute that removes that right.

"(Mr Hamilton) before being placed under arrest did not have any obligation to stop when requested to do so, or to answer questions asked of him,'' the judge said.

"The conferring of such a power on a police officer would be a substantial detraction from the fundamental freedoms which have been guaranteed to the citizen by the common law for centuries.''

The judge dismissed a Director of Public Prosecutions appeal against a magistrate's dismissal of a charge of resisting police.

Mr Hamilton said he was amazed that after the chase began, police in a car and on foot took 600m to catch him.

"I play rugby. I'm a winger, but I'm not a particularly good runner,'' he said. "I never thought I'd make it that far when I'm being chased by a car.

"I don't know why I ran. At the time I was pretty heavily intoxicated . . . it was just lucky I didn't get run over or shot.''

Mr Hamilton said he spent $9000 fighting the case; but Justice Kaye made a costs order in his favour.

It was established after the incident Mr Hamilton was not responsible for the restaurant bill.

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Ken Lay last night said it was too early to act on the decision.

"We'll go through the judgment vary carefully, then we'll decide what we need to do,'' he said.

[email protected]

Panic fuels Latvian run on bank

A Swedbank branch in Latvia Some customers have rushed to take their money out of the bank

More than 10,000 Latvians have withdrawn deposits from Swedish-owned Swedbank after rumours the firm was in financial difficulty.

The run on the bank started on Sunday, because of rumours that the bank was facing liquidity and legal problems in Estonia and Sweden.

The bank's chief executive in Latvia, Maris Mancinskis, has called the rumours "absurd".

He said Latvians had so far withdrawn 10m lats ($19.2m; £12m) from the bank.

The rumours, which were reportedly spread via social networks such as Twitter, come at a time of uncertainty in the country's banking system.

Customers of Latvia's 10th largest bank, Latvijas Krajbanka, were left without access to their money for days after the bank was put into liquidation. Regulators found large-scale fraud at the lender after its parent company in Lithuania was taken over by the government.

Police probe

Swedbank said it was working to refill cash machines left empty by the withdrawals.

The Swedish bank has deposits of 1.6 billion lats ($3.1bn £1.9bn) in the Baltic state.

"These [withdrawals] won't impact our work in any way," Mr Mancinskis told LNT commercial television on Monday.

Police have reportedly launched an investigation into the source of the rumours.

Spreading false rumours which threaten the stability of the banking system is a criminal offence in Latvia, with a sentence of two years in jail.

So the world bankers are still playing the same old tricks.

J.P Morgan used rumour and innuendo to cause a similar situation in his day.

J.P. Morgan was later found to be owned by the Rothschilds after he died, compared to them Morgan was a little fish.

By the early 20th century the US have already implemented and removed a few central banking systems, which were swindled into place by the ruthless banking interests. At this time, the dominate families in the banking and business world were: J.D. Rockefeller, J.P. Morgan, Paul Warburg, Baron Rothschild. And in they early 1900's they sought to push once again legislation to create another central bank. However, they knew the Government and public were very wary of such an institution. So they needed to create an incident to affect the public opinion. So J.P.Morgan, publicly considered a financial luminary at the time, exploited his mass influence by publishing rumours about a prominent bank in New York wasn't solvent or bankrupt. Morgan new this would cause mass hysteria which would affect other banks as well. And it did. The public in fear of losing their deposits immediately began mass withdrawals. Consequently, the banks were forced to call in their loans causing their recipients to sell their property and thus the spiral of bankruptcies, repossessions and turmoil emerged.

Putting the pieces together a few years later, Fredrik Allen of Life Magazine wrote: "The Morgan interests took advantage… to participate the panic [of 1907] guiding it shrewdly as it progressed"

–Frederik Allen, Life Magazine.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

The bar guilds was quite an interesting read. Their ceremonial black robes convey power, a sinister and intimidating power, all of it a myth, subconscious coercion.

The part about harvesting souls makes perfect sense, for they attempt to make you give up your free will through fear. That being the spiritual dimension of their ceremonial dramas which scare you into submission.

Seeing as these are all quotes, could you please post the source of the information?

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

I really liked the read about the drunker boor not stopping for police.

I shall endeavour to get drunk and run away next time the cops want to speak to me too!

• Like 1

Cheers Slybacon, hopefully this thread won't go the ways of 'NWO links', another great thread with some otherwise hard to comeby information all in one tight snug place.

Cheers Slybacon, hopefully this thread won't go the ways of 'NWO links', another great thread with some otherwise hard to comeby information all in one tight snug place.

:P

we are watching you SLY!!! ;) Just kidding! Interesting reads. In daily life these are not the type of things that I am likely to encounter. When I look around me,... there are so many institutions out there,... and all of them are just trying to survive or trying to stay on top. I think that only 17,5% of the people on earth fall in the BAD APPLE category and they will always find a way to try and spoil it for the rest.

Interesting to see how perceptions of the people changes throughout the ages.... we all started in dark and sinister pasts.... hahaha ..... and now humanity is becoming more aware,...its just a step in the process for most people to become more enlightened.

AUSTRALIA: DENIAL OF JUSTICE IN THE APPLE ISLE

December 15, 2011 07:24 THEUNHIVEDMIND Leave a Comment

Introducing Brian Wightman ( [email protected] ) who is the 35 year old Tasmanian Attorney General, Minister for Justice, and Minister for Environment, Parks & Heritage.

This young man, with his whole life in front of him, is now in the HOT SEAT because of what happened in the Court of Petty Sessions at Devonport on Friday the 9th of December, 2011 when Constable Steven Andrew Jones tried to prosecute Mark Elvin Sharman for “assaulting Stephen Craig Karpeles a public officer in the execution of his duty by hitting him in the chest and shoulder area with his chest”, under section 34B of the Police Offences Act 1935 that carries “a penalty not exceeding 25 penalty units or (-) imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months” … which Mark strongly denies.

I flew down to Tasmania, the day before, and Mark and I put together 4 documents, in readiness for the appointed time to appear in court. Those documents were: (a) a PUBLIC NOTICE; (B) a CHALLENGE TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE COURT; © a 78B NOTICE OF A CONSTITUTIONAL MATTER; and (d) an AFFIDAVIT.We went into the township of Devonport and posted the 78B NOTICES to all the Attorney-Generals around Australia (which is correct procedure) and had the AFFIDAVIT witnessed by a Justice of the Peace. On the Friday morning, I rehearsed Mark as to what to say and do when he was called forward by the Magistrate ….. which Mark did superbly and kept his cool, at all times.

When Mark was called forward he said, “I have four documents to give you. The first is a PUBLIC NOTICE which says Australia is a Common Law Jurisdiction and I have the Right to Trial by Jury. The second is a CHALLENGE TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE COURT and the third is a copy of the 78B NOTICE which I have already posted to all the Attorney Generals. And this is an AFFIDAVIT for when I have my Trial by Jury.” Hopefully, it won’t be too long before we get the Court Transcript because what Magistrate Michael Brett did was quite incredible. He said he would not deal with the matter until the afternoon and told Mark to come back at 2:15 PM. The mind-blowingly arrogant and contemptuous-of-the-law thing he did was to say to (I’m not sure who… maybe his assistant or the clerk or the security person) “Collect those papers and dispose of them.”. That is astounding! …. a so-called Magistrate ordering the DESTRUCTION OF DOCUMENTS PRESENTED IN COURT which INCLUDED and AFFIDAVIT signed by a Justice of the Peace.

In the CRIMES ACT 1914 (Cth) section 39 “Destroying evidence” carries a penalty of 5 years imprisonment. The CRIMES ACT 1900 (NSW) section 138 “Stealing, destroying etc records of any court or public office” carries a penalty of 7 years imprisonment.

(I haven’t yet found the offence in Tasmanian legislation… but it must be there, somewhere). There are a multitude of offences this “Magistrate” Michael Brett committed on that day … and he MUST BE CHARGED WITH THOSE OFFENCES. When we came back at 2:15 PM, Michael Brett was a bit better behaved and, when Mark again CHALLENGED THE JURISDICTION OF THE COURT, he actually asked to read Mark’s copy of the CHALLENGE document because the first copies Mark had tabled were DISPOSED OF. When he read it, he handed it to the Police Prosecutor who also read it before handing it back to Mark. Neither of the them said anything and Michael Brett continued on with his KANGAROO COURT …. a “Kangaroo Court is a court which acts unfairly or dishonestly or disregards legal rights or disregards legal procedures”.

“Magistrate” M. Brett allowed the Police Prosecutor to put Stephen Craig Karpeles in the Witness Box and tell his story. Then Michael Brett asked Mark if he wanted to cross-examine Stephen Craig Karpeles and Mark said, “The AFFIDAVIT I gave you this morning contains the basis of my defence to go to a Jury. I do not consent to Summary Jurisdiction.”… in fact Mark said, “I do not consent to Summary Jurisdiction” every time Michael Brett spoke to him. Of course, “Magistrate” M. Brett didn’t have Mark’s AFFIDAVIT, did he!?

“Magistrate” M. Brett then proceeded to say he found Mark “Guilty” and then went into dialogue with the Police Prosecutor as to setting a date for “Sentencing”. When Michael Brett asked Mark about a suitable date, Mark said it had to fit in with the treatment he was receiving….. I was sitting next to Mark in the Public Gallery part of the Court and said, very audibly, “He is receiving CHEMOTHERAPY.”. I should say that Mark’s voice, all the way through the charade, was soft and weak, as one would expect from this seriously ill man, but he stood his ground at the “Bar Table”, in the morning, and, in the afternoon, from the Public Gallery. A date of (I think) 27th January 2012 was set.

So, we left the courtroom and, when we went to lodge an Appeal in the Registry of the Devonport Court, we were told we had to go to Burnie to do that … so, we got into Ray Escobar’s car and (observing the speed limits) drove to Burnie and put in the initiating form for the Appeal to the Supreme Court of Tasmania on “ALL GROUNDS”. The lady, there, gave mark a date of 30 January 2012 to be at the Burnie Court House for a video-link to the Supreme Court in Hobart. She also said she would contact the Devonport Court to “have the files sent over”. So, that’s the happenings in Tassie.

NOW, because I’m sending this email to Brian Wightman MP, Attorney-General of Tasmania, and attaching copies of those 4 documents, we’ll see what he is going to do. Of course, he must CHARGE MICHAEL BRETT with many, many offences from Commonwealth and State CRIMES ACTS. It’s only right that this young man, Brian Wightman, should be allowed to perform his DUTY OF CARE to protect the People of Tasmania and the rest of our Nation so that they “can exercise their rights in court in safety” (as, also, is the duty of the Sheriffs, incidentally).

So, we’ll give Brian Wightman a chance to investigate the Devonport Affair and lay his charges against Michael Brett ….. but that won’t take long.

Yours sincerely,John Wilson

Chairman, Australian Common Law Party

http://theunhivedmind.com/wordpress/?p=15616

Ancient legal procedure used to free Afghan prisoner

December 15, 2011 05:20 THEUNHIVEDMIND Leave a Comment

The ancient legal procedure of habeas corpus has been used to help free a terror suspect held without trial by American forces for more than seven years.

By Martin Beckford

10:00PM GMT 14 Dec 2011

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8956681/Ancient-legal-procedure-used-to-free-Afghan-prisoner.html

Yunus Rahmatullah, a Pakistani national, was seized by British soldiers in Iraq in 2004 and has been kept at Bagram airbase in Afghanistan after admitting he wanted to take part in “jihad”.

Lawyers have not been allowed to see him or fellow inmates and he has only recently been able to speak to his family over the phone.

But lawyers have argued that the British remain responsible for him under a Memorandum of Understanding with the US drawn up during the invasion of Iraq, and must treat him according to Geneva Conventions.

They employed the common law procedure developed in medieval times and known as habeas corpus – Latin for “you may have the body” – to claim that the prisoner is being held illegally. Although rarely used nowadays, it has long been seen as an important safeguard against arbitrary detention.

The High Court earlier turned down the claim but in a historic move on Wednesday, three Court of Appeal judges ordered the issue of a writ of habeas corpus.

It means the Government has to request that the Americans release Mr Rahmatullah, with his lawyers hoping that he would be allowed to rejoin his family in Pakistan rather than facing legal proceedings in Britain.

Lord Justice Maurice Kay said: “On the face of it (Rahmatullah) is being unlawfully detained and (British ministers) have procedures at their disposal … to enable them to take steps which could bring the unlawful detention to an end.”

A spokesman for the legal charity Reprieve said: “Today’s historic decision marks the first time any civilian legal system has penetrated Bagram, a legal black hole.”

His solicitor Jamie Beagent added: “”We hope that the writ of habeas corpus will finally bring to an end our client’s nightmare of indefinite detention without charge in appalling conditions at Bagram.”

The Foreign Office would only say: “The Government notes the judgement and will decide on its next steps in due course.”

http://theunhivedmind.com/wordpress/?p=15550

Snippets from the Full Article linked at the bottom. Dots ................ indicate where the snippet ends

PORT AURTHUR MASSACRE

“SEQUENCE OF EVENTS

IN THE BROAD ARROW CAFE”

The gunman rose from his chair at one of the tables in the Broad Arrow Cafe, removed the AR15 and spare magazine from a sports bag, immediately killing Mr Yee Ng with a shot to the upper neck, and Miss Chung with a shot to the head. Swivelling on the spot and firing from the right hip, the gunman fired at Mr Sargent who was wounded in the head, then killed Miss Scott with a shot to the head. The gunman continues through the Broad Arrow, next killing Mr Nightingale with a shot to the upper neck and Mr Bennet with a shot to the upper neck, with the latter bullet passing straight through and hitting Mr Ray Sharpe in the head with fatal results. Next Mr Kevin Sharpe was killed by a shot to the head and was also hit in the arm, with shrapnel and bone fragments from the second intermediate strike on Mr Kevin Sharpe then apparently wounding Mr Broome, and possibly Mr and Mrs Fidler.

Still firing from the hip the gunman swivelled and killed Mr Mills and Mr Kistan with single shots to the head, with shrapnel and skull fragments from those shots apparently wounding Mrs Walker, Mrs Law, and Mrs Barker. Again the gunman turned, shooting and wounding Mr Colyer in the neck, before swiveling and killing Mr Howard with a shot to the head. Next he shot Mrs Howard in the neck and head with fatal effect. The gunman turned back, killing Miss Loughton in the back. Moving towards the rear of the building the gunman shot Mr Elliot in the head, causing serious injuries.

ELAPSED TIME 15 SECONDS………

The above sequence is the best the forensic scientists could deduce from the crime scene and there may be small variations, but in the final analysis they matter little, What does matter is that at this precise juncture the gunman had killed twelve victims and wounded a further ten in 15 seconds flat, using only 17 rounds fired from the right hip. Such a staggering performance is on a par with the best combat shooters in the world and two retired counter-terrorist marksmen ruefully admitted they would be hard pressed to equal such awesome speed and accuracy. Both agreed that attributing such a performance to an intellectually-impaired invalid with an IQ of 66 and severely limited cognitive functions, amounts to nothing less than certifiable insanity on the part of Bryant’s accusers. In military terms a fatal shot to the upper neck counts as a head shot, so for all practical purposes those who died during the first 15 seconds were killed by head shots fired with lethal accuracy from the gunman’s hip.........

Next the very professional gunman moved towards the area of the souvenir shop and killed Nicole Burgess with a shot to the head, then shot Mrs Elizabeth Howard through the chest and arm with fatal consequences. Swiveling around, the gunman killed Mr Lever with a shot to the head, and killed Mrs Neander with another shot to the head, Temporarily distracted, he fired back into the cafe area and wounded Mr Crosswell. Turning again he shot Mr Winter twice, killing him with a shot to the head. On his way back to the souvenir area the gunman wounded Mr Olson, then proceeded to the kill-zone near the locked door where he killed Mr Jary, Pauline masters, and Mr Nash, all of them with single shots to the head.

At this stage the gunman had killed twenty and wounded another twelve with a total of 29 rounds. He then stopped firing and changed magazines in a most professional way. The magazine fitted to the AR15 held 30 rounds total, so by changing magazines after firing only 29 shots the gunman ensured that he still had a live round in the breech in case anyone moved, enabling him to kill that person instantly if caught unawares. Such professionalism is well kown to counter-terrorist personnel. Critically, the gunman then waited motionless in the Broad Arrow Cafe with a fully loaded magazine, which brings us back to the differential between the verified time estimate of four to five minutes, and the inaccurate official claim of 90 seconds.

broadarrow2.jpg

BRYANT – PROFESSIONAL OR PATSY

In early 1984, policewoman Yvonne Fletcher was murdered while on duty outside the Libyan Embassy in London. From the moment she was shot, the media misled the British public into believing that Fletcher had been shot by the Libyans, who were subsequently expelled from the country in a fanfare of negative publicity.

It was not until 1995 that this author managed to prove by entirely scientific means that WPC Fletcher could not have been shot from the Libyan Embassy at all, but was shot from the top floor of a nearby building staffed by American multinational personnel.

Was the massacre in Port Arthur a completely spontaneous act carried out by a single nut-case with unbelievable efficiency, or was it a repeat of Yvonne Fletcher’s callous murder, deliberately designed to distort public perception and direct maximum hatred against a particular group of people? All of the available hard scientific evidence suggests that it was.

When investigating cases like Yvonne Fletcher’s murder or the massacre at Port Arthur it is critically important to adhere to scientific proof and avoid eyewitness accounts and media hype like the Black Plague. Eyewitnesses do not lie intentionally, but as any honest psychologist will tell you the accuracy of their testimony is limited by many factors including stress, suggestive police interrogators, and peer pressure.

The more controversial the case the higher the need for absolute scientific proof, because if the investigation reaches a conclusion which conflicts with the officially accepted story, the media will attempt to trash the credibility of the investigator himself, who in these two cases happens to be me. For four years while investigating the murder of Yvonne Fletcher I was gently harassed, visited by members of British Intelligence from London, cordially invited to sign the Official Secrets Act, then threatened when I refused to comply.

Some readers might wonder why I am including so much detail about a murder in London when this story is supposed to be about Port Arthur. Well, it is about Port Arthur, but there are a number of disturbing similarities between the two cases, especially in terms of media behavior at the time of each atrocity, and the use of faked video footage to reinforce the official story of the day. So please bear with me for a few paragraphs.

Interestingly and with profound implications for Port Arthur, fake video footage was put to air by the BBC “for the first time ever” many months after Yvonne Fletcher’s murder, in what appeared to be an attempt to cement the lies and calculated deceptions about her death forever in the minds of the British public. The public failed to ask why this apparently critical footage had not been presented at the coronial inquest into Yvonne Fletcher’s death: which it was not, but fell hook, line and sinker for the blurred images and sound track, which apparently recorded eleven sub-machine gun shots being fired from the Libyan Embassy. The amateur footage run by the BBC in 1985 was given to one of its reporters by a member of the Metropolitan police force.

During 1995 I used the immutable laws of astronomy and physics to prove the amateur footage a total fake. Analysis of the angle and position of the sun’s shadow falling across the front of the Libyan Embassy was checked using astro-navigation techniques and direct reference to the Greenwich Observatory, Britain’s foremost authority on times and dates derived from the sun- line, a technique used for centuries to tell the time with great accuracy using garden sun-dials. Unfortunately for the BBC who broadcast the amateur footage “for the first time ever”, absolute science proved the sun-line on the amateur footage incorrect for 10.19 am on the 17th April 1984, the time and date on which Yvonne Fletcher was murdered. Indeed, the scientific evaluation proved the amateur footage was not even filmed on the same day Yvonne Fletcher was shot. Those who created that fake footage and then broadcast it were not engaged in a mere media re-interpretation of events, but were accessories after the fact to the murder of an unarmed English policewoman doing her duty on a London street.

It became swiftly apparent, that although the media was prepared to throw tiny scraps of truth to the public, gross deceptions, especially those generated by erstwhile colleagues in the form of fake video footage designed to manipulate public opinion, were strictly off limits. So it is on the subject of fake video footage and its potential for incredible impact on the viewing public that we finally turn to Port Arthur. Some readers may by now be shifting uneasily in their seats, racking their brains and wondering exactly when and where it was that they were also suddenly shown amateur footage “for the first time ever” on television in Australia. It was on a Wednesday in October 1996, the night before Martin Bryant was due to be sentenced for his alleged role in the Port Arthur massacre.

Many months after the massacre took place, but only hours before the Tasmanian judge was due to make a decision that would effect Martin Bryant for the rest of his life, an Australian TV network suddenly presented the public (and of course the judge) with dramatic amateur video footage shown “for the first time ever”. The reporter told us the man on the video was Martin Bryant on the day of the massacre, going about his business of slaughtering the good people of Tasmania, caught on camera by interested amateur photographers who seemed unmoved by the dangers of high-velocity bullets. Unlike most of the other survivors, these folk did not run away, but hunkered down like battle-hardened war correspondents coverings the end of World War II from an unprotected thoroughfare in the middle of Berlin. They were also very discreet the day after the massacre, when the world’s tabloid media descended on Port Arthur like a pack of ravenous dogs, snapping and growling for any picture they could get hold of in order to meet their respective deadlines in London and New York.

At that point in time the “amateur footage” was worth half a million bucks no questions asked, for this was a world media event and no-one had any pictures. Perhaps the amateur photographers had no need for huge amounts of cash, or perhaps at that early stage their footage had not yet been fully prepared, which was certainly the case after Yvonne Fletcher’s murder in London. The amateur footage run by the Australian network in October 1996 was given to one of its reporters by a member of the Tasmanian police force.

There are so many irregularities on this supposedly genuine video footage, which was accepted as evidence against Martin Bryant in the Tasmanian court, that only a few of the more obvious will be included in this story to help drive the message home. The rest have been carefully collated, and it will give me considerable pleasure to detail each and every one of them personally before a properly convened Royal Commission. If a Royal Commission is not called to fully investigate the methodology used in the massacre, and if Martin Bryant is not called to give evidence, then the people of Australia had best get used to the fact that what little remains of our representative democracy died with the thirty five innocent civilians who were ruthlessly and needlessly murdered at Port Arthur on 28 April 1996.

The initial reaction of most readers to the reality that Martin Bryant killed no- one at Port Arthur but was deliberately set up as a patsy is a combination of horror and complete disbelief. Are we to believe that a bunch of planners sat round a table and arranged the premeditated murders of 35 Australians? Unfortunately the answer is yes. All of the hard evidence at Port Arthur bears the distinctive trademark of a planned “psyop”, meaning an operation designed to psychologically manipulate the belief mechanisms of a group of people or a nation for geopolitical or military reasons.

Because of their illegal nature, psyops are never formally ordered by governments, but are discreetly arranged through multinational corporations and others. Some psyops ordered during the last forty years are known to have been carried out by independent contractors hired from a small specialist group, staffed mostly by retired members of American and Israeli special forces.

As part one of this report proved, policewoman Yvonne Fletcher’s murder in London during 1984 was a psyop where the intended patsies were four million Libyans. The operation was successful and resulted in Tripoli being bombed by an ‘outraged’ President Reagan in 1986. The next blatant psyop was Lockerbie, when on 21 December 1988 Pan American flight 103 exploded in mid-air killing all 259 passengers and crew. Although very recent scientific evidence not yet in the public domain proves conclusively that the Libyans could not have been responsible, they were nonetheless blamed for the atrocity. The principal affect of those two psyops on the Libyans were sanctions designed to prevent them updating defensive weapon systems capable of protecting their resource-rich nation. Since 1984 Libyan defense capabilities have steadily declined, leaving its people and resources increasingly vulnerable to external attack and thus possible conquest.

By a strange coincidence Australia is also a resource-rich nation, with overall reserves more than twenty times as valuable as those in Libya, but with only half the defense capability. In some ways this was not an insurmountable problem until 1996 because unlike Libya this nation has always had huge numbers of sporting shooters traditionally used in time of war to both train and supplement our miniscule armed forces. Not any more. Since the psyop at Port Arthur more than 400,000 reserve forearms have been pulped instead of stored by the Federal Government, leaving our nation and people terribly exposed to just about anyone interested in taking over the natural resources jewel in the southern hemisphere crown.

In the view of this author these were the last shots fired by the professional before he (or they) smoothly extracted from the Tasman Peninsula and then from Australia, leaving the patsy Martin Bryant down the track at Seascape holding the baby.

The trail to Seascape Cottage had been meticulously laid. In Martin Bryant’s car at the tollbooth was a combat shotgun, a bag of ammo for the Belgian FN and, very conveniently, Martin Bryant’s passport. Then there was Linda White’s disabled four wheel drive on the Arthur Highway and a stolen BMW burning in the grounds of Seascape to mark the way, and just in case all these clues were not enough for the Tasmanian Police, an anonymous caller to police headquarters in Hobart advised the authorities that the man holed up in Seascape was probably Martin Bryant. Short of erecting a pink neon sign reading “THIS WAY TO PATSY” the professional or professionals seem to have thought of everything.

There were no eyewitnesses who could positively identify Martin Bryant at Port Arthur because an Australian newspaper circulated his photograph nationwide, thereby totally corrupting any and all police lineups, photo boards, or controlled shopping mall parades.

All the eyewitnesses could legally claim was a “tall man with long blonde hair”, which was no impediment to the media who tried and convicted Martin Bryant in less than two days, in one of the most blatant and disgusting displays of media abuse ever seen.

So Bryant the patsy was firmly in place and Seascape was swiftly surrounded by armed police from Tasmania and Victoria, most of whom must have been very puzzled as the siege continued through the night, If we are to believe media reports (difficult, I know) Martin Bryant fired 250 rounds during the siege period but hit nothing at all, which is exactly what one would expect of someone whose prior experience was limited to a Webley Osprey air rifle.

In the view of this author, and others, the 5,56-mm Colt AR15 was deliberately selected for three specific reasons, one of which was its known ability to inflict horrific and highly visual injuries at close range, caused by its low-mass bullets travelling at extreme velocity. The nature of those wounds caused revulsion among police, emergency service workers and medical staff, thereby assisting the immediate drive by anti-gun lobbyists to have all semi-automatic weapons outlawed. As the leader of the National Embalming Team wrote: “Approximately 90% of all deceased persons had severe head trauma. The bullet wound was normally inflicted to the head with the resultant smaller entry wound and larger exit wound. Some of the deceased persons had an entry wound with no exit wound, the result of this was an explosion of the skull…..” Despite her thirty years of ambulance experience, Wendy Scurr still remembers being shocked when she accidentally trod on shattered skull fragments, before being confronted with a human brain lying in a bowl of chips.

Nothing could prepare any mother for what happened next. When Martin was transferred from the Royal Hobart Hospital to Risdon Prison as a remand prisoner, Carleen had visiting rights but no privacy with him at all. She was shocked to see her son, badly burned in the Seascape fire and still in great pain, bound to his wheelchair by leather straps. Martin told her that he had asked to have the painful restraints removed but was refused. When Carleen asked who refused, her son nodded towards the prison officers, one of whom then leaned towards Carleen and said “you cannot discuss the [Risdon Prison] staff”. Carleen, suitably intimidated, fell silent. In fact under the Prisons Act a remand prisoner can be restrained on the orders of the Prison Superintendent, but only if under escort outside the prison, or if he poses “a significant danger to others”. By no interpretation could an entirely passive intellectually impaired young man with third-degree burns to his back and left side, isolated behind bullet proof glass, be considered a significant danger to others. But at that time Carleen Bryant did not understand the prison rules and was unable to help her son ease his pain. Nowadays the only coherent reason for Martin’s illegal restraint is obvious. Prison officers and psychiatrists, in the manner of the Spanish inquisition, were determined to intimidate and physically punish intellectually impaired Martin Bryant until he finally “confessed” to a series of crimes in which he played no active part. That such obscene and barbaric treatment is illegal under Australian and international law, and justifiably condemned by Amnesty International as both physical and psychological torture, does not appear to have impeded the Tasmanian authorities at all.

Nowadays Carleen Bryant wonders why the police did not go to the trouble of properly verifying her son’s new guilty pleas in early November 1996 using standard police procedures. Many people plead guilty to crimes they could not have committed, a situation that routinely presents police forces around the world with a big problem, especially if the guilty pleas are entered by a person who is intellectually impaired or otherwise mentally deficient. Standard procedure in these circumstances is to take the suspect out to the crime scene and ask for details of exactly how he committed the crime(s), i.e. where each victim was standing, what sex, how many bullets, where the weapon was reloaded, etc etc., all recorded on continuous (Time-stamped) video.

The Victorian Police Service observed this standard procedure meticulously in the case of Julian Knight at Hoddle Street during 1987, as did the New South Wales Police Service after a street shooting in Wollongong in 1998. Both suspects provided ample accurate details at the respective crime scenes on continuous video tape without prompting by police, and both were then properly and fairly dealt with. Nearly three years after Martin inexplicably changed his pleas to guilty in November 1996, the Tasmanian Police Service has still not verified his guilt using this standard procedure, and its continued refusal to do so can realistically be taken as proof of Martin Bryant’s innocence.

AR_15sm.jpg

Weapon after the seascape fire that ended the siege. Not really the same as the one presented on TV.

This of course proves that the mass murder was a pre-meditated crime, one that Australian counter-terrorist personnel must solve if we are to prevent further attacks on this nation. Exactly how they go about this is their concern, but counter-terrorist personnel are reminded that their pay packets are generously filled each month by Australian taxpayers, not by international lobby groups in Canberra and Hobart.

A good starting point for counter-terrorism would be to hunt for the real 5.56-mm and 7.62-mm weapons actually used at Port Arthur on 28 April 1996 to kill or wound fifty-seven civilians, and dead-block the Daihatsu Feroza driven by Linda White.

We now know the weapons used were not the crippled AR-15 and FN-FAL found at Seascape, and we also know the shooter was not Martin Bryant, because he was completely contained by SOG personnel throughout the entire period in the same Seascape compound as both crippled weapons.

Stunned by this I lodged an official complaint, and then made several discreet inquiries. Eventually I was told that a powerful federal politician had persuaded a police unit in Canberra, to flag me in the Bureau of Criminal Intelligence computer as a “security risk”, which is a bit rich bearing in mind my former (very high) security clearances with NATO.

"Because my work on Port Arthur focuses solely and openly on protecting Australian national security, logic and security protocols dictate it is not I, but the powerful federal politician who poses a significant security risk to this nation."

"It is just not right to simply accept the status quo as it exists today in Port Arthur, because to do so implies that Australians have thrown in the towel and admitted defeat on the strength of a single savage action in our smallest State."

Full Story....

http://theunhivedmin...dpress/?p=16330

In the meantime, you might like to ponder on a society which allows an intellectually impaired young man like Martin to be locked away and tortured by means of sensory deprivation, without raising the slightest murmur of protest. Have we all lost our way, or has the media finally achieved the mind-bending abilities attributed to it by George Orwell in his book?

Edited by Slybacon
  • Like 2

Questionable "suicide" of Aussie Attache

On June 13, 1999, in the Washington suburb of Arlington, Virginia, Mervyn Jenkins, the North American attache for the Australian Defence Intelligence Organization (DIO) was found hanged in the backyard of his home a week before the Jenkins family planned to return to Australia. Jenkins, an expert in covert action and electronic warfare, had been posted in Washington for a three-year assignment. He had been stressed by bureaucratic infighting between two Australian intelligence agencies over which documents could be shared with the CIA and the DIA. But would this happily married father of three sons take his own life on his 48th birthday? His diary showed detailed plans for his life in Australia 10 weeks into the future.

On April 16, 2001, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's (ABC) popular investigative news show "Four Corners" probed Jenkins' mysterious "suicide," which had produced a storm of criticism in Australia, leading to a government investigation. Not satisfied with the results (the Blunn Report), Jenkins' wife filed a lawsuit against the government. Both his wife and mother appeared on the ABC broadcast, a transcript of which is posted online. (25)

Betty Daly-King believes Jenkins was murdered to prevent him returning home with knowledge that the Pentagon didn't want him to bring back to Australia. Daly-King is a Western Australia peace and human rights activist who claims she has been tortured with DEW in retaliation for 40 years of working for alternative means of resolving conflicts that lead to war. Focused on ensuring peace in the Indian Ocean region, she is responsible for peace studies professorships in two Perth universities. Daly-King cites several other cases of DEW being used to silence scientists, activists and writers, just in Western Australia alone.

According to the official story laid out by "Four Corners," Jenkins was caught in the crossfire between U.S. and Australian intelligence agencies over the issue of intelligence sharing. Daly-King believes that the conflict centered on the Indonesion repression of East Timorese who had voted for independence, with the U.S. backing the Indonesians and the Australians leaning toward the East Timorese independence fighters. Influential Australian organizations such as the Returned Servicemen's League have historically sympathized with the East Timorese because so many had risked their lives to save Australians during World War II, she explains, and people-to-people relationships have been maintained ever since. (26)

" The USA would do anything to appease Indonesia to keep access through their straits to get to and from Saudi's oil," she wrote to me. "They were not amused at Australia being in the forefront of restoring East Timor against perceived Indonesia and USA interests! All that lovely East Timor offshore oil, too."

A map of the Washington area posted on the ABC Web site is chilling in its implications. With large red dots, it visually depicts the Jenkins home in Arlington surrounded on three sides by the Pentagon, the CIA, the DIA headquartered at the Bolling Air Force Base, and the British, Canadian and Australian embassies. (27)

http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/health_risks/high_tech_crime.html

Devonport Magistrates Court Friday the 9th of December 2011 at 10:00 am

On Friday the 9th of December 2011 at 10:00 am one of our members fronts the Devonport Magistrates Court on a trumped up charge. Dr. John Wilson will be in attendance from N.S.W. to act as a McKenzie’s friend and represent Mark at the trial. We of course will demand trial by jury, which is our constitutional right.

COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA CONSTITUTION ACT – SECT 80

Trial by jury

The trial on indictment of any offence against any law of the Commonwealth shall be by jury, and every such trial shall be held in the State where the offence was committed, and if the offence was not committed within any State the trial shall be held at such place or places as the Parliament prescribes. The magistrate will then deny us our right to trial by jury and we will then challenge the jurisdiction of the court. If the magistrate still fails to grant us the peremptory stay until the jurisdiction is determined by a SPECIAL JURY, i.e.: a Jury will decide if you have the Right to Trial by Jury. “No one can judge in their own cause”- i.e.: no Judge/s can determine the Jurisdiction of the Court. If the magistrate continues to not recognise the Common Law then we may invoke a citizen’s arrest under Article 61 of the Magna Carta Legal Rebellion for the treasonous actions of the Magistrate. We are demanding this trial be by jury in a Common Law Court jurisdiction.

Failing to do this, the magistrate leaves himself wide open for a possible citizens arrest. The sentence for treason or sedition is life imprisonment. Under the Commonwealth Criminal Code treason has two aspects. Section 80.1 of the Criminal Code Act 1995 treason (s. 24), treachery (s. 24 AA) and sabotage (s. 24 AB). Please note that if you do attend the court that under no circumstances do you rise from your seat when asked to do so by the clerk of the court when the magistrate enters the court. By doing so you automatically give the magistrate jurisdiction in the illegal Admiralty/Kangaroo Court system. If you are ordered to leave the court and you have done nothing wrong then just remain calmly in your seat. It is your Common Law right to do so. If anyone touches you then they can be charged with assault. This may be a fiery case. All in all it will be a very interesting time.

We hope the magistrate follows the real law. We will give him every opportunity to do so.

We hope that “Bravehearts” will back us on the day?

“Save Our Families”

Kindest Regards,

Ray Escobar President

Juries Against Illegal Laws Inc.

6/12 / 2011

Juries Against Illegal Laws Inc. 166 Henry Street Launceston Tasmania 7250

Phone: +613 64731423 Email: [email protected]

Twitter: @JAILTasmania

Kim Jong-il Dead: Pentagon Mulls Worst-Case Scenario

Kim-jong-un-200.jpg

While the Pentagon is always planning for contingencies, it was particularly prescient in its choice of war games the week before North Korean dictator Kim Jong-il's death.

As one of its three possible doomsday scenarios, the U.S. Army selected “The collapse of North Korea” at its Unified Quest exercises.

In the scenario, North Korea's collapse comes about because of regime change in the isolated nation.

Kim Jong-il's death, announced Monday, raises questions about whether his son and appointed heir, Kim Jong-un, will be able to consolidate power.

Pulled from a paper published by Bruce Bennett and Jennifer Lind at Harvard University’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, the scenario begins with the Kim regime "embarking on the most difficult challenge that such regimes face: succession."

“The transition from apparently stability to collapse can be swift,” the scenario says, and “could unleash a series of catastrophes on the peninsula with potentially far-reaching regional and global effects.”

Among the potential effects would be a massive outflow of the nation’s 24 million people, many of whom are severely malnourished, across the border.

Equally, if not more troubling, would be the security of North Korea's arsenal.

“North Korea’s weapons of mass destruction could find their way out of the country and onto a global market,” the authors say.

While war games are useful preparation for the worst eventualities, the Pentagon has long been planning for Kim Jong-il’s death.

The 2010 Quadrennial Defense Review – the Defense Department’s top strategy document – warns that “stability or collapse of a WMD-armed state is among our most troubling concerns.”

But “to this point, we have not seen any change in North Korean behavior of a nature that would alarm us,” the nation's top military officer, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Dempsey, told reporters traveling with him on a trip to the Middle East.

He learned of Kim Jong-il’s death “in the middle of the night,” he said. While he quickly consulted with “the chain of command,” the decision was made not to put U.S. troops on heightened alert.

“No changes in troop dispositions, no changes in readiness levels,” he said. “We’re simply remaining vigilant.”

Europe, prepare for a riotous 2012

If eurozone countries continue to pursue misguided policies, social movements will gain steam and the EU will unravel

Protests-in-Athens-Greece-007.jpg

Demonstrators in front of the Greek parliament during a protest in June. Photograph: News Pictures / Rex Features

As 2011 draws to a close, it is fair to say that this year has been one of the most disastrous for the European Union in its history. The eurozone crisis has spread from the periphery to the core and all political and financial rescue packages were too little, too late. Towards the end of the year it felt like EU leaders took longer to agree the latest measures to restore confidence than it took for markets to lose it again.

It was also unfortunate that the little action taken was mostly misguided. This includes austerity policies implemented simultaneously across Europe and the creation of so-called debt brakes, which is basically the constitutionalisation of a failed stability framework. The last summit of the year also brought about the biggest political rift in the union's history, with the UK blocking a treaty change leaving the EU deeply divided and caught up in a silly war of words.

In Germany there is an annual vote for the Unwort des Jahres ("most infamous phrase of the year"). From a European perspective, my absolute favourite this year is "national interest". Like it or not, EU politics has become more British in recent years. The UK has always seen the union as an institution in which you try to secure your "national interest" rather than a place where you make political compromises with partner countries. The inability to move beyond the perceived short-term "national interest", at the expense of what is better in the mid to long term, has been a key reason for the EU's powerlessness to respond adequately to the challenges it faces. We are moving towards political deadlock in a severe and worsening crisis and the forecast for next year doesn't look good either.

It now seems unavoidable that the world economy enters another recession, which is likely to reach depression levels in some countries. Last week Christine Lagarde of the IMF issued a warning not just against the looming downturn but against 1930s-style policy responses of protectionism and isolation in the name of the "national interest" (here it is again). She rightly exposed the pursuit of misguided, domestically driven policies as self-defeating in the mid to long term. Protectionist policy measures will trigger defensive responses, which will worsen the aggregate situation further so a depression becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. The world has been in this situation before – and it did not end well.

Against this gloomy backdrop, what will 2012 have in store for Europe? A few years ago the

. If we continue on current trends, I predict more than one riot for 2012. One of this year's novelties, stemming from junctures such as the Arab spring, the ascendancy of the Occupy movement and the massive protests against economic policies in Spain and Greece, was the rise of new social movements and the widespread use of communication technologies to co-ordinate civil unrest. Once the genie is out of the bottle it is almost impossible to put it back in. So unless the protest causes are addressed effectively, which seems unlikely, civil unrest is set to continue and grow next year.

Is there any positive scenario for 2012? The eurozone crisis is at the heart of global economic uncertainties and their potentially devastating social consequences. Therefore, what the EU does next year to resolve the eurozone crisis will be of global significance. The individual measures needed to resolve the crisis have been widely discussed and are well known. But unless EU leaders completely change course and overcome political and legal obstacles to install the European Central Bank as a lender of last resort, draw up plans for a real fiscal union, introduce eurobonds, devise a strategy for new growth, pursue necessary structural reforms in surplus as well as deficit countries and finally reform the financial sector, there is little hope the current malaise can be overcome.

Unfortunately, the miserable scenario looks much more likely. If EU leaders continue to pursue their misguided policies, forcing crisis countries into depression-level GDP reductions and even higher unemployment, the whole situation will unravel sooner rather than later. Under these circumstances there is no chance to improve national debt levels so social costs will rise and defaults and forced exits from the eurozone become much more likely. The already weak European banking sector would not be able to withstand the shock of several countries leaving the euro – it is very unlikely that only one country leaves if the euro started to crumble – causing another financial meltdown and extended legal battles.

The EU itself would not survive such a shock intact either. The British relationship to the union has to be resolved by a referendum sooner or later. And a mixture of disappointment and outright anger could also tempt other countries to reassess their membership, sending the EU into a process of disintegration, which would spell further economic and political disaster. It is not too late to change course, but the window of opportunity is closing very fast. If we continue down the current path, the Unwort des Jahres 2012 will not be "national interest" but rather "return of nationalism". We are on a slippery slope and EU leaders would do well to fathom the long-term consequences of their actions.

US silences scientists over man-made super flu that could 'change world history'

THERE are some Hollywood fantasies you'd like to see in the real world. Hoverboards and Happy Places, for example.

Then there are the Hollywood nightmares that you'd rather not think too much about. Or rather governments with huge military budgets wouldn't think about.

Such as the airborne virus which this year almost wiped out the population of the world in Contagion.

Obviously, the US government aren't huge Steven Soderbergh fans, having paid scientists to figure out how the deadly bird flu virus could mutate to become a bigger threat to humans.

That's because it has been revealed that two labs succeeded in creating new strains of H5N1 that are easier to spread. "Easier" as in "airborne".

"I can't think of another pathogenic organism that is as scary as this one," US National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity (NSABB) chair Paul Keim told Science back in November.

"I don't think anthrax is scary at all compared to this."

At the time, Science described the new strain as a virus "that could change world history if it were ever set free".

It had been genetically altered so it could be transferred easily between ferrets, the animals which most closely mimic human response to flu.

Passing the flu from one ferret to another, the team discovered the H5N1 strain mutated into an airborne virus. Until now, that was the key factor in the virus limited it to something unlikely to cause a pandemic.

Science described the possibility of an H5N1 pandemic as a scenario that "keeps flu scientists up at night", because in all the known cases of human infection to date, more than half have been fatal.

This morning, the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) took the unprecedented step of asking two teams researching the new virus not to publicise all the details of how it was created.

They admit the research had lots of potential to help the public, but feared it might also be hijacked by would-be bioterrorists.

The teams that wrote papers about the new virus reluctantly agreed to redact data from manuscripts to be submitted to scientific journals Science and Nature for publication.

"It wasn't an easy decision," said Dr Anthony Fauci, infectious diseases chief at the National Institutes of Health, which funded the original research.

A statement from the NSABB recommended "that the general conclusions highlighting the novel outcome be published, but that the manuscripts not include the methodological and other details that could enable replication of the experiments by those who would seek to do harm".

Editor-in-chief of Nature, Dr Philip Campbell, said he understood the motivation behind the redaction, but it was "essential for public health that the full details of any scientific analysis of flu viruses be available to researchers".

Lethal strains

The H5N1 strain of bird flu is fatal in 60 per cent of human cases but only 350 people have so far died from the disease, largely because it cannot - yet - be transmitted between humans.

Editors from the journals Science and Nature said they were considering the US government's request.

Science editor-in-chief Bruce Alberts said scientists could benefit from knowing about the virus because it could help speed new treatments to combat this and other related lethal forms of influenza.

"Many scientists within the influenza community have a bona fide need to know the details of this research in order to protect the public, especially if they currently are working with related strains of the virus," he wrote.

"Science editors will be evaluating how best to proceed," he added, asking for more clarification on how the government would make the information available to "all those responsible scientists who request it."

Human-to-human

The Dutch research team was led by Ron Fouchier at Rotterdam's Erasmus Medical Centre.

The team said in September it had created a mutant version of the H5N1 bird flu virus that could for the first time be spread among mammals.

Fouchier said in a statement his team had discovered that transmission of the virus was possible between humans "and can be carried out more easily than we thought."

iran has the second highest addiction rate for a country in the world at present, with some 89% of afghan opium seizures on the border. given americas explicit involvement in the opium/heroin trade coming out of afghanistan, could they be specifically targeting/allowing shipments to enter into iran in a cold war style offensive to kill their enemy silently with drugs, rather than bombs? much like they did with the introduction of crack cocaine into the black neighbourhoods/ghettos?

Slybacon or anyone else do you know ndaa 2012? it's a real bill, it has passed. why is this not all over the news??

http://www.aljazeera...3810926474.html

it's only 10 days old now, but do a google search and see how many foreign newspapers are all over this, and how little American, British and especially Australian press there is. searching now all i can see is foreign media being the only people reporting on this

there's nothing comes up for 'sydney morning herald NDAA'

http://www.google.co...iw=1280&bih=677

some American news about it

http://www.thenewame...ns-indefinitely

i'm not a conspiratorial but this is a fucking bad reflection on our media, at this moment it's possible to search alot of big foreign newspapers and they're on it, but there's nothing i can find by any Australian news

this bill has been debated and among other things allows for the indefinate detainment without trial of any person on American soil

if it's real it's a new level reached in the end of America

Edited by bulls on parade

Hit the Belgian newspapers

The Al'Jazeer article states it's applicable for US and non-US citizens and they can be picked up anywhere in the world and held indefinitely until the war on terror is over.

I wonder how long it is before the lines between the war on terror and the war on drugs become blurred. It's only a matter of time before we're all declared non-lawful enemy combatants of freedom and democracy.

Edited by Distracted

Apparently it goes further then that too, and extends to any American citizen anywhere in the world. The people are the enemy labeled under a nation less force. The perfect cover.......

Edit- Opps missed the above post. Agreed the lines are being blurred. Not long before those people who go "yeah but it doesn't effect me, I don't do anything wrong".... Enjoy your false sense of security.....

Kinda scary when you look at their definitions on Terrorist listed further up.

Edited by Slybacon