The Corroboree
solomon

Help moderating my pot intake

l-glutamine ,about 1 gram,will treat many side effects of cannabis use, including reversing tolerance.once you take the l-glutamine you will not get fully off for about the rest of the day.but the next day should be closer to no tolerance.

Just curious as to where you learned about this as I would like to learn more? I used to lift a few years back and used a lot of L-Glutamine and never found any of the effects you mention. I have been taking L-Glutamine again since I read your post and haven't experienced any changes.

from a book on medical marijuana.....found it to be so ,though apparently not for everyone!

t s t .

It took me 2-3 years of not smoking before I wasn't thinking about smoking, not physical need, just a kind of gentle longing in the back of my mind! I know that sounds insane, but the habit was very strongly ingrained and something my mind craved, maybe because I got started at such a young age.

I am always interested in other peoples perspectives relating to starting smoking at a young age since it varies so much in the way it affects the outcome of their lives into adulthood.

I started at a really young age myself, pretty sure smoked for the first time 2 weeks after my 13th birthday.. I'd already read The Teachings of Don Juan by that point, and was fascinated reading my mothers naturopathy book collections - one book just consisting of a large categorization of medicinal plants and there properties which actually had Ephedra, Peyote, Cannabis and Datura in there so my interest in medicinal + psychoactive plants was too strong for me not to want to experiment. At the same time I developing an interest in ritualistic occult practices. So when I hit high school I moved to a selective school where my grade was filled with people from all over region that were a bit too smart for their own good, it resulted in a substantial amount of us started drinking and smoking weed early.

In hind site I now know that serious development occurs over those years physically, mentally, socially and psychologically. I can only assume patterns of addictive behavior occurring over the course of a persons adolescence is obviously much more likely to carry over into adulthood as it's viewed as such a normality, and leaving the potential for addiction in all forms to worsen with age... this is something that I'm starting to come to terms with as of late, noticing I instead partake in much more damaging substances including alcohol as a biggie.

But at the same time I remember the times when I was smoking in my later teens and it gave me spiritual guidance, but most importantly insight into my own mind and the roots of my behaviours - and for that I regret nothing. I would not be who I am today if it wasn't for that magical plant. It gave me the blessing of creativity, spiritual insight and a key part of my personal development.

Now being an infrequent smoker I realise in my early adult life that I have very little left of the creative and spiritual motives that once consumed my existence... maybe thats what they call 'growing up' so to speak :rolleyes:...

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

I'm on my first sensi break in a year, and have been using for 5 years or so.

have been vaping on average about 1/2 gram every day over that time, and at times eating brownies once a day.

very infrequently use tobacco and alcohol.

all I can say is.... its been no big deal at all for me.

I have had the most incredible vivid dreams, feel full of energy and it has taken just two days to get back to a healthy sleeping pattern.

do people that have trouble kicking the habit drink and use tobacco when they smoke up?

but I guess it could also be that some people really do get physically addicted to THC and have a tough time getting off it... but it just doesn't seem to be the case for people that only eat or vape it in moderation.

smoking is stone age tek... vaping is taking off over the world (eg holland, uk, canada, usa... read the grow report forum), and I hardly ever meet an aussie that even knows what it is.

who here uses one?

it changes what seems like a dirty habit with smoke and smelly bongs into a clean, beautiful experience.

i use the green for creativity, spiritual insight, potentiating trips, pain relieving and for its anxiolytic effects when stressed.

admittedly when used heavily (a 1.5 grams or more a day maybe?) it does produce lethargy and psychological disturbances.

the key is to listen to your body and stop when it says stop...

Edited by kalika

do people that have trouble kicking the habit drink and use tobacco when they smoke up?

One of the reasons that many smokers use cannabis is to limit their nicotine intake. And thus, as long as these people are still smoking tobacco, there's a good chance that they'll still be smoking cannabis too.

Lots of people quit cannabis simply because they don't know how to use it. They'll say something like they quit it because it was bad for their brain, but then they'll continue to snort speed or whatever. And my main theory on this is that the people are usually just escapists, which only have enough money to support their most addictive of drug habits.

smoking is stone age tek... vaping is taking off over the world (eg holland, uk, canada, usa... read the grow report forum), and I hardly ever meet an aussie that even knows what it is.

who here uses one?

it changes what seems like a dirty habit with smoke and smelly bongs into a clean, beautiful experience.

I've tried a hand-held a few times before, but that's it. It's alright (nice taste), but every time I exhaled I missed the smoke. :P

i use the green for creativity, spiritual insight, potentiating trips, pain relieving and for its anxiolytic effects when stressed.

Being that you smoke cannabis for the right reasons, I'm not surprised that your break from it has been a smooth one. :wink:

the key is to listen to your body and stop when it says stop...

That's about the best advice there is. Especially being that we all have different bodies.

i liked the mention of the 'escapist' type of guy, not many people in drug forums mention it, like it is a plague or something. Truth is there are more escapists in our ranks [drug takers that is] that it is rediculous to exclude this type of person from the equation - any drug equation or insight...

This having being said, swim is still having trouble moderating his pot intake. But he is a pretty atypical user...

i wonder if a natural born bong-pig like me could have a healthy relationship with mj by starting again using only a vape, never a bong.

agree, I am the worst of all. joints.

Edited by mutant

I went from 18 years of bong use to becoming a non smoker since buying my Volcano. The only thing i regret is not doing it a lot sooner.

I don't want to use a bong now as the body load is way too much and the high is signifigantly lacking in comparison.

In terms of fiending the vape is even worse. I take 6 foot bags of vapour into the spa with me to watch Foxtel.

It actually brings out whole new depths to the physical and psychological addiction side of things and takes a lot of self control to leave it alone during the week.

Of course if you abuse a vape it will reduce your tolerance faster than a bong or joint and you'll more than likely end up going through more weed than the previous methods.

i wonder if a natural born bong-pig like me could have a healthy relationship with mj by starting again using only a vape, never a bong.

Sames.

I've got a volcano on my watch list on ebay for when I can actually afford it. I'm asthmatic so I'm hoping it'll help in that regard.

i'm sure it's been covered but why are such quality vaporisers needed? what's wrong with cheap ones?

I'm a snob?

tongue.gif

Kidding! Just lazy.

for sure man.

stops the temptation to spin with tobacco, which reduces the cone cravings.

also your house will no longer stink of smoke, and you get about 3x the usage out of each lot of herb.

you can do the first vape at 184, then 195, 205, 215, 225 degrees and keep getting vapour, but each run is obviously more smokey than the last.

also you can save the vaped herb and use it to bake cookies.

even herb that has been blasted at 230 degrees a few times over still has higher molecular weight cannabinoids that make a heavy body stone when eaten.

In terms of fiending the vape is even worse. I take 6 foot bags of vapour into the spa with me to watch Foxtel.

6 foot bags!?!? :blink: haha awesome stuff. yeah volcano is the way to go. cheap ones break, don't maintain temperature very well and some even release plastic tasting fumes....

the Iolite is about 200 AUD and is portable and gets one well wrecked.

has anyone used piracetam while trying to moderates his pot use?

Sames.

I've got a volcano on my watch list on ebay for when I can actually afford it. I'm asthmatic so I'm hoping it'll help in that regard.

Check this out for something a bit cheaper: http://magic-flight.com/

Or to tide you over, have a look at: http://www.vaporgenie.com/

Personally I've used the VapourGenie and found it to work pretty damn well! Smoke can be a little warm, but nothing compared to a normal pipe or water pipe.

I bought an Aromed Vape 12 months ago and have completely kicked the psychological/self-medicating aspect to my pot use. I smoked daily for over 15 years until very recently.

I found that the vape was not doing it for me for the first week or so, but then after a while smoking seemed dirty and inefficient to me. I now find myself getting high, but not wasted on co2 or whatever it is that kicks you in the guts and lungs at the same time from smoking.

I use the vape a few times a week and only smoke joints in social settings every now and then. I will probably never give up for good because I truly believe cannabis is amazing in so many ways.

But as you get older there is no point repeating the same learning process all day every day. Besides who the hell has the time any more...

i liked the mention of the 'escapist' type of guy, not many people in drug forums mention it, like it is a plague or something. Truth is there are more escapists in our ranks [drug takers that is] that it is rediculous to exclude this type of person from the equation - any drug equation or insight...

If they knew how to moderate (the "escapes"), they'd be fine. But yeah...

yeah vaporization is the first step towards quitting. First of all you have to divest your addiction of the combustibles: the best way of doing this is not to combust but to vaporise. Then you can begin to concentrate on the psychological aspects of addiction. This is much the same as nicotine RT replaces tobacco smoking!

@Mutant, I know they're a bit different, but I've been on levetiracetam for around a month now and I've not had MJ in about 3 weeks and haven't noticed any real difference between now and when I normally go for a bit of a break. My appetite has been dramatically reduced (how otherwise can a person eat a microwaved meat pie/fish fingers/hash browns during a Lucy trip?) and during trips I tend to get a little bit more edgy if I don't have at least a little bit of MJ; but it's pretty much the same reaction as before the levetiracetam during an MJ break.

On the other hand, during this break I've lost a bit of weight, and get bored a lot easier; thus feeling the need to online shop or taxi to shops during this time until I'm allowed to drive again. I don't smoke and drive; don't like it, have only done it extremely few times when I've not had much other choice.

Check this out for something a bit cheaper: http://magic-flight.com/

Or to tide you over, have a look at: http://www.vaporgenie.com/

Personally I've used the VapourGenie and found it to work pretty damn well! Smoke can be a little warm, but nothing compared to a normal pipe or water pipe.

Thanks, IceCube. I'll check those out when I have more time to browse the sites :D

Edited by FancyPants