The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
RonnySimulacrum

Feedback?

So i am working with Dennis Mckenna on his lecture topics for EGA

Looks like he is going to be doing 2 of the following topics

‘Neuroscience of Spirituality’

“What is not patented is Prohibited: the exploitation, commercialization, and prohibition of Nature”

‘Plant/human co-evolution’

Just thought i would see which ones took your fancy

In the end it is up to him but he has asked for my feedback so thought I would throw it out to you nice and intelligent people.

Feedback appreciated

:)

+

i find the above very attractive. i think 'What is not patented is Prohibited' is fairly common knowledge and self explainatory. plenty of info about on that, but id love to hear what he has to say about the other two.

thats my 2 cents ;)

“What is not patented is Prohibited: the exploitation, commercialization, and prohibition of Nature”

and

Both sound pretty interesting to me (well they all do!). I wish I could make it :(

Will anyone be documenting/filming the lectures? It'd be good to at least see how it all goes down...

i think the one amulte didnt like sounded interesting. It is good to inform people of the political and commercial nature of such things.

Edited by XipeTotec

im with Amulte.

imho, a 'Prohibition of Nature' talk would also be a downer compared with the other two topics although im sure anything DM chooses to talk about will be well worth listening to.

dont mis-interpret me, i never said i didnt like it, they are all interesting, but could only choose two. LOL :rolleyes:

‘Neuroscience of Spirituality’ & ‘Plant/human co-evolution’ sounds like the bizness

Thanks for the feed back, keep it coming as the more the better

Dennis will also be on a panel discussion group dubbed;

Ayahuasca: A Holy Grail for our species?

In the 60s LSD opened the mind; in the 80s ecstasy opened the heart:

now in the 00s, is ayahuasca revealing the spirit for a new generation of seekers? With ayahuasca use exploding in the West, does this jungle sacrament offer a chance for a genuine archaic revival? And is the sacred vine being commodified by Western use as it spreads across the planet?

So that should be fruitful too

:lol:

'Neuroscience of Spirituality' & 'Plant/human co-evolution' Sound really interesting. It is the aspect of the work of D & T that fascinates me the most.

'What is not patented is Prohibited: the exploitation, commercialization, and prohibition of Nature' also sounds interesting, but it's a fairly common line of discussion, and i would assume most of us here are well aware of it and the ensuing politics.

I hope there are plans to record and mp3 the talk for those of us who won't be able to make it on the day. :unsure:

(edit:) That discussion groups sounds like a ripper.

cheers, Obtuse

Edited by obtuse

now in the 00s, is ayahuasca revealing the spirit for a new generation of seekers?

Yeh, because the majority of the morons missed the whole fuckn point of mushrooms.

"That which forces you to see is not always the truth"

Those 2 realy jump out at me.

‘Neuroscience of Spirituality’ sounds more like something I would want to read.

But Im sure I would be happy listening to Dennis no matter the topic.

This is a lot tougher then it looks... All three sound like great talks.

‘Plant/human co-evolution’ - Would definately like to hear Dennis's talk on this.

As for ‘Neuroscience of Spirituality’ and “What is not patented is Prohibited: the exploitation, commercialization, and prohibition of Nature” this is a tough decision.

But i think i'll go with ‘Neuroscience of Spirituality’. I think most of the people that will be attending are aware of the exploitation and destruction of the environment and are probably already doing something in there own way to help the situation and spread awareness. In saying that though i would still much like to hear that talk.

What ever two he decides i'd be happy with though.

I should have made this a poll :BANGHEAD2:

well maybe i will have to do a a good old count :rolleyes:

Well with my vote it came out like this:

IIIIII ‘Neuroscience of Spirituality’

IIIII“What is not patented is Prohibited: the exploitation, commercialization, and prohibition of Nature”

IIIIIIII ‘Plant/human co-evolution’

:)

So i will recommend the winners to Dennis

thanks so much for the feedback :lol:

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

As for the second EGA talk I am still unsure which of these to go with;

Can someone somehow convince me, Dennis added another good suggestion in to the mix.

“What is not Patented is Prohibited: the Exploitation, Ownership and

Criminalization of Nature”

Or "mushrooms and the mind"

Help, still need help

:unsure:

i think 'What is not patented is Prohibited' is fairly common knowledge and self explainatory. plenty of info about on that, but id love to hear what he has to say about the other two.

Hey Amulte (and anyone), I agree the concept is self explanatory, but haven't read much about it and would like to, as it is something that interests me... is there any good info on the net or elsewhere that you can recommend about this topic specifically? Cheers.

Hi Ronnie, if I was going I would probably leave off the neuroscience one. But who cares, cause I won't be? But, can you tell me if these talks will be recorded, and where/when I can get them? Thanks.

is there any good info on the net or elsewhere that you can recommend about this topic specifically? Cheers.

http://www.pubpat.org/monsantorejections.htm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/gmdebate/Story/0...1135902,00.html

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,63555,00.html

All relating to Monsanto, but they are indeed the worst of a bad bunch.

Mushrooms and the mind!!!!

yeh yeh, go that one

As for the second EGA talk I am still unsure which of these to go with;

Can someone somehow convince me, Dennis added another good suggestion in to the mix.

“What is not Patented is Prohibited: the Exploitation, Ownership and

Criminalization of Nature”

Or "mushrooms and the mind"

Help, still need help

:unsure:

I'm confused, how many talks is he giving?

If this is still a tally thing, i give my vote to "human / plant co-evolution", "neuroscience of spirituality" and "mushrooms and the mind" - I'd especially like to hear Dennis talk about his experiences with mushrooms, then that aya panel discussion thing sounds nuts! shall be a great time for all ethno nerds!

if it was only 2.. this is tough but I might drop the spirituality one.. shit i dunno, this is one tough pickle. :BANGHEAD2: ... that didn't help

ok i wish it was 3 talks but it is only 2, i am just going to make up my mind right now and say it will be.........ksiudvfjlskdhvkujaegf.........dsfvnDVJHliuahsdfj. well i hope you are all happy with that one :rolleyes:

well it is done now

Edited by RonnySimulacrum